• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
They're already preparing to show off DLC Fighter #4 but Banjo's coming soon as well. Wonder if they'll just shove his showcase into the Nintendo Direct and transition from his release date to the trailer for #4?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Something completely random I just realized: the noise Kazooie make when doing the Back Air attack? That I believe is from Nuts & Bolts.

Specifically one of the noises made when Kazooie swings the magic wrench.

Gonna try and find a clip of it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They're already preparing to show off DLC Fighter #4 but Banjo's coming soon as well. Wonder if they'll just shove his showcase into the Nintendo Direct and transition from his release date to the trailer for #4?
It could be likely enough. I mean, one third of the Feb. Direct was dedicated to Three Houses, and another third for Dragon Quest.

On the other hand, I am not sure how smooth the transition into that would be...

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
To think, three months ago Banjo-Kazooie had been both dead as a character and franchise for over a decade. Now here we are anticipating their release, possibly within the next week or two. I'm glad we're in this timeline.

Call me selfish, but the wait for Hero to come out was especially agonizing... 10% because I was looking forward to Hero, and 90% because their release meant that Banjo would be next.

Not just being able to play as them; finding out the rest of their moveset (we saw nothing of grabs or most of their aerials, for instance), seeing what music gets added (and other possible new remixes), seeing the chosen spirits and what their spirit battles are like, having their page on the website finally get updated, their six unknown alternate skins, Spiral Mountain, its Battlefield and Omega forms, Sakurai's gameplay showcase... it's going to be quite the info dump.

It's been a long road, many of us have been wanting the duo over the years for Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Smash 4's DLC, Smash Ultimate, and now they've finally made it with Ultimate's DLC. Let's enjoy it when it happens, keep our fingers crossed for a remake/sequel someday, and look forward to the next two characters.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
We'll likely not get anything about Banjo & Kazooie in the Nintendo Direct, outside of a reminder that they're coming (or ports... pls ports). The ad expires the 15th, and I don't expect them to be announced/out a week and a half before then.

I also don't want Banjo & Kazooie's Smash gameplay in the next Direct. What's worse than having a shorter B&K presentation? During a General Direct where people with be ticked off going over stuff already announced. Best save it for it's own presentation, and my preference is in the same format as Hero's.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Man, Banjo & Kazooie's release potentially being so close... just doesn't compute with me. I was 100% expecting and prepared for a November release.

As for the SNK leak: I'm really, really hoping for a female KoF character. For very... non-political reasons. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And because I think Terry or Kyo would be painfully dull. Nakoruru or Mai all the way!
November?! With Pokemon Sword & Shield releasing that month too?! You do know it would've competed with the sales of the DLC, right? And why wait so flipping long?!

7/11 is apparently a huge convenience store in Japan (I'm pretty sure the Mii costume for K.K. Slider in Smash 4 was originally a 7/11 giveaway). When they put up a 7/11 display for Hero, he came out within the time frame that the display was up. (people figured he'd be released at the end of it, but he came out towards the middle of that time frame)

A similar Banjo-Kazooie Smash DLC display was put up recently, and it will be taken down by September 15th. If Hero's similar display is any indication, it seems to point towards Banjo and Kazooie being released some time in the next two weeks.
This does have one minor problem...amiibo theory is dead if so. Plus, I hope they aren't released on September 11th. That day brought great tragedy...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This does have one minor problem...amiibo theory is dead if so. Plus, I hope they aren't released on September 11th. That day brought great tragedy...
For the amiibo theory, keep in mind :ultpiranha: released before the wave he came with (albeit because one amiibo would not work if there was no update).

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Banjo being released next week would be perfect for me. In my country our national independence day holidays last for a full week plus some extra days (basically Sept 14-22) which means I'll have enough time to practice with the duo without having to worry about my job deadlines and other stuff.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
If the leaks (in #4's case) and rumors (in #5's case) are true, that the last two fighters are

Terry Bogard and Ryu Hayabusa

then I'm pretty dang satisfied with this Fighters Pass. Of course, Banjo is the only one I have any real history with, but Joker was a great addition, Hero was a solid addition even if I dislike the RNG aspect, and I'm quite fond of the last two picks as well.

And yes, a Nintendo Direct + Banjo release this week would be the dream for me. Right before I start having to work, plus coming out close to (or even on) my birthday.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'd much rather kill amiibo theory if that means Banjo & Kazooie coming sooner. Also, in terms of the date, Mario Maker was released then too--it really shouldn't matter, they're two separate things and one shouldn't really have an affect on the other.

Last edited:
Don;t mind Terry, but a Metal Slug rep would be quite left field. Then again, we've seen the newcomers fitting that "blast from the past" narrative...

The overall style, quirkiness and humour would "fit" well into Smash. Be an interesting antithesis in Smash compared to say Snake, with the MGS darker tone being a polar opposite. Imagine "HEAVY MACHINE GUN" emitting from your TV speakers every time Marco uses one, heh.

Quite a popular franchise back in the Arcade days, but then again so is/was KoF/Fatal Fury.

Are you talking about SNK filtering? What a sudden change of subject
People feel more safer and comfortable to discuss newcomers within character social threads that have nothing/little to do with said character speculation. Though in this case sort of related as Banjo is snot too far away. Shows ya how much of a dumpster fire certain places around here can be, people kind of tag you guilty by association for liking certain characters and then that stifles legit. discussion. That and the moral high ground, lacking comprehension skills types taking things too literally and jostling for internet cred.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So heartwarming seeing Banjo & Kazooie being advertised all over the world and in places I didn't expect. It's our time Banjo-Kazooie fans!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
That's been faked fam. Didn't you know that no one remembers Banjo Kazooie, they appeal to no one and they're totally not going to draw in any potential buyers at all! Be gone!

:joyful:

An updated decal on all public trains, along with a new take on the parachuting Banjo TV ad will cap things off nicely on the advertising front.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
First of all, let's wait until the end of the month before jumping to conclusions about whether or not the amiibo theory holds up.

Also, no one is seriously expecting to get the B-K amiibo this soon, the next batch concerns more base game characters.

Don;t mind Terry, but a Metal Slug rep would be quite left field. Then again, we've seen the newcomers fitting that "blast from the past" narrative...

The overall style, quirkiness and humour would "fit" well into Smash. Be an interesting antithesis in Smash compared to say Snake, with the MGS darker tone being a polar opposite. Imagine "HEAVY MACHINE GUN" emitting from your TV speakers every time Marco uses one, heh.

Quite a popular franchise back in the Arcade days, but then again so is/was KoF/Fatal Fury.

People feel more safer and comfortable to discuss newcomers within character social threads that have nothing/little to do with said character speculation. Though in this case sort of related as Banjo is snot too far away. Shows ya how much of a dumpster fire certain places around here can be, people kind of tag you guilty by association for liking certain characters and then that stifles legit. discussion. That and the moral high ground, lacking comprehension skills types taking things too literally and jostling for internet cred.
The general is especially bad for that. It's a wonder that Graizen can still champion for Agumon after all the abuse he went through.

That said, here's some food for thought regarding Metal Slug: the common assumption is that something needs to be promoted when a character gets in, not necessarily the case, but it happened for Hero, since DQXI had heavy pushing. However, while one can safely assume Kyo/Terry/Haohmaru would supposedly get in to promote their games, it'd be almost pointless since those games are either already out or not pushed very much at all (and XV won't be out until next year). Meanwhile, there still hasn't been a single peep or anything revealed about the upcoming Metal Slug installment that's been announced a while back. Seems a little fishy, doesn't it…?

Also, while KOF did serve as influence for Smash, I imagine it'd be lower-priority if it doesn't offer too much that's new to the table, compared to MS having especially wild moveset potential.

along with a new take on the parachuting Banjo TV ad will cap things off nicely on the advertising front.
Krazy will take care of that last one, with any luck.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh for peak sakes I’ll do it right

September 15th is what the date is
That's just the date the ad gets taken down.

For reference: Here is Hero's 7-11 ad

Note how the hand in the corner has 19 8 4? That means the ad gets taken down that day.

Then again, I don't know Japanese so maybe someone who is more fluent could explain better than me?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
So heartwarming seeing Banjo & Kazooie being advertised all over the world and in places I didn't expect. It's our time Banjo-Kazooie fans!
I like how Banjo-Kazooie will be front and center regarding Super Smash Bros the next couple of months and will be getting so much exposure too. Everyone must pay attention to the bear and bird whether they like it or not !!!

(Especially the haters who said it was impossible and that it would never happen).

Suck my Grenade Eggs !!!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y'all have fun watching live.

I got class at the exact same time as the direct so I'll have to catch it around 9:30 at night.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's hoping for a Banjo and Kazooie shadow-drop! I won't be able to see it live due to work, but if it's about 40 minutes long, that seems like a good amount of content.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Considering the amiibo are releasing in September, I don't see this as a deconfirmation for amiibo theory, as it's still the same release month, just before the amiibo wave rather than after.

And if Hero's ad remained for about a week after his release... then my guess would be September 9th at the latest, assuming the ad means something. That's when I'm expecting the server crash.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
At worst, if Banjo is planned to have his own presentation and it's not covered tomorrow, a new character like Terry being revealed means Banjo's page on the Smash site will finally open.

Although Banjo probably doesn't have as much to cover as Hero. So I'd be glad to see him tomorrow as well

ze9

Smash Ace
The wait hasn't felt as long as I was fearing (well, that's a given since I thought it would be october, but still). I'm ready for next week!

Terry's trailer will be a fun diversion to pass the week. God, this Fighter Pass is shaping up to be amazing.

ze9

Smash Ace

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In regards to the 64 Tonic for Impossible Lair, pre-ordering the digital version is the only way to have it guaranteed without waiting for it to come separately later on.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...sible_lair_to_get_its_n64_tonic_mod_at_launch

The wait hasn't felt as long as I was fearing (well, that's a given since I thought it would be october, but still). I'm ready for next week!

Terry's trailer will be a fun diversion to pass the week. God, this Fighter Pass is shaping up to be amazing.
So, what are the odds that :ultincineroar:'s setup will be reused? :ultbanjokazooie: already had :ultkrool:'s as a budget-saving method of sorts.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So, what are the odds that :ultincineroar:'s setup will be reused? :ultbanjokazooie: already had :ultkrool:'s as a budget-saving method of sorts.
It's possible but really I don't think that was about saving on budget but rather the whole Rare celebration thing so the idea most trailers will be continuations despite so far only one doing so doesn't hold much weight in my eyes. Honestly, I think they have more of a budget than they did in Smash 4 but they decided to use it to give characters trailers since we all love them, which is why they didn't have as much for simple showcases.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Ladies and Gentlemen, we made it. My bet is that in a week's time, we'll finally be playing as the Bear and Bird in Smash after decades of waiting. I see the light at the end of the tunnel
And I will be crying tears of joy with every moment!

Top Bottom