• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
There won't be anybody trying to get Nintendo to remove Banjo & Kazooie, I feel like that's a fear not worth fretting about. I do think that there will be some people who will complain, but it will be small or relatively non-existent, like the Kotaku incident with Joker (though, in that instance, there was literally nothing there). Plus, apparently those who do not like the old design, like the new one (really, I would think the thing most people would have a problem with would be her name), so they might opt to use the newer design, though I'm not personally a fan of it. Either way, I expect little to nothing in terms of controversy.
Hmm... didn't think of her Nuts & Bolts design. That would make more sense.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just thought of a problem involving Banjo: If Humba Wumba does get a Spirit, SJWs are probably going to complain. I know this was talked about before, but, I am worried that those SJWs may try to get Nintendo to remove Banjo from Smash all together. (I know that won't happen, just a worry though.)
Her newer design from Nuts & Bolts would likely not have that issue, as much as people would likely prefer it if that game wasn't referenced. I think the big problem that people had with Mr. Game & Watch's forward smash is that it depicted Native Americans as being violent savages, whereas Humba Wumba doesn't have that issue.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Her newer design from Nuts & Bolts would likely not have that issue, as much as people would likely prefer it if that game wasn't referenced. I think the big problem that people had with Mr. Game & Watch's forward smash is that it depicted Native Americans as being violent savages, whereas Humba Wumba doesn't have that issue.
Huh. Thought it was because of trolls.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Yeah, I don't think uproar over Humba Wumba being a spirit- if she is a spirit, anyway- would do very much. People complained about G&W's forward smash, but that didn't get Nintendo to remove G&W entirely- they just removed the feather. Besides, as mentioned, they'd likely use Humba Wumba's N&B design, which I know some people wouldn't be too crazy about. But I'll take any Banjo-Kazooie content in Smash, honestly. I actually think some characters look pretty okay in the N&B style (although Boggy somehow looks more punchable than he did in B-K and B-T).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i just started to realize that humba's design in nuts and bolts is not really good, my main complain is that it doesn't suit her character(though that could be because i really hadn't played much Nuts & Bolts).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I didn't even know the Game & Watch forward smash was a thing, but apparently happened after the final Smash Direct. Odd how I never noticed it. While I think the controversy is mistaken (erasing potentially prejudice stuff from old pieces of work is equivalent to pretending the prejudices never existed), I also don't care about the change as it doesn't change anything fundamental. Same with Humba Wumba, but I also have less attachment to Tooie than if they were to say, hypothetically, change Mumbo Jumbo. Just by looking at the Nuts & Bolts design, for me personally, feels like a bad fan art version of the character, rather than an updated version, but I also have no issue if they go with the Nuts & Bolts design. Just keep that away from their moves.

All I can say is Humba Wumba is a lot less problematic than the Game & Watch situation, and potentially being a spirit, is a lot less important aspect to Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion in Smash to cause such an uproar. And if it does, there's absolutely no worries about that affecting Banjo & Kazooie in any way shape or form.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah, that is odd.
Not that odd. I mean, consider how the moment some people thought some skin palette swaps for certain characters in Nitro-Fueled were racist by accident, Beenox renamed them all in a patch. Even the ones starting with "white", which I didn't even hear about before that point.

Folks are real sensitive these days.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Not that odd. I mean, consider how the moment some people thought some skin palette swaps for certain characters in Nitro-Fueled were racist by accident, Beenox renamed them all in a patch. Even the ones starting with "white", which I didn't even hear about before that point.

Accidentally huh? Still, those SJWs won't stop Banjo's return.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Just thought of a problem involving Banjo: If Humba Wumba does get a Spirit, SJWs are probably going to complain. I know this was talked about before, but, I am worried that those SJWs may try to get Nintendo to remove Banjo from Smash all together. (I know that won't happen, just a worry though.)
Considering the Game & Watch controversy where they removed the feather from the Forward Smash, the worst that will happen is they'll just remove Humba Wumba or just not add her in at all. Banjo & Kazooie have already been advertised and are too far in development for them to cancel them now.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo could just ignore them. Something that I wished a lot of people in the industry would do.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Last edited:

Arion200

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0225-8081-0252
good for microsoft bringing back banjo to his home (probably)

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
At least I got a good laugh out of it: "Steve from Minecraft has a vastly larger moveset potential." That's pretty much the opposite. lol.

People like this give their fanbase a bed rep.
1554897847912.gif

I know I shouldn't...I know it's not the mature thing to do....but damn it I have to laugh like a hyena when I see stuff like this. Until our duo are released I will laugh at every single troll who still cling to their dead meme.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 231924
I know I shouldn't...I know it's not the mature thing to do....but damn it I have to laugh like a hyena when I see stuff like this. Until our duo are released I will laugh at every single troll who still cling to their dead meme.
Meme = the deformed render right?

Steve himself is far from dead though I don’t expect him getting in this time...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wouldn't they still need to digitally remove Humba's feather from her N&B look? At that point, it'd be impossible to recognize her without her name.

Nintendo could just ignore them. Something that I wished a lot of people in the industry would do.
Sadly it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. And one would be called a clown for not wanting things to be PC. I'm still glad the Christian moral guardians basically didn't matter at all after Melee, in regards to Devil World content.

According to the Edelgard thread, the lesbo option is currently going to be present in Three Houses unless that gets changed at the last minute, if that counts for anything.

Meme = the deformed render right?

Steve himself is far from dead though I don’t expect him getting in this time...
At least the memelords stay out of the board these days.
Unlike a certain stubborn mule I won't name here, who refuses to leave this board alone and somehow hasn't been banned yet despite bothering everyone, but that's neither here nor there...

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord

That was also entirely ResetEra.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
And to think it was once said on here that we aren't any better than ResetEra...This is legitimately frightening.
It's called REEsetEra for a reason. Smashboards is definitely not as bad as THAT. Just stay away from the Ultimate Social thread and you should be fine. And about Humba Wumba, even if she was added as a spirit, a very small amount of people would complain at most. If anything, it adds more representation into the game lol. Either that, or she won't be in the game at all. Remember when people REE'd about Catherine Full Body and tried to remove Joker from Smash? Yeah, it didn't work, so I wouldn't worry. Still super excited for his release, and I will make an arena for him and Hero on release day.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
It's called REEsetEra for a reason. Smashboards is definitely not as bad as THAT. Just stay away from the Ultimate Social thread and you should be fine. And about Humba Wumba, even if she was added as a spirit, a very small amount of people would complain at most. If anything, it adds more representation into the game lol. Either that, or she won't be in the game at all. Remember when people REE'd about Catherine Full Body and tried to remove Joker from Smash? Yeah, it didn't work, so I wouldn't worry. Still super excited for his release, and I will make an arena for him and Hero on release day.
Why did they try removing Joker?
Sorry, accidentally hit the reply button twice.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Any word on whether you can get Gey with Claude? This is all I need to know.
Haven't heard of anything like that. Here is what Sari Sari said:

Some people who have access to the game have been saying that Edelgard is available for same-sex romance. She seems to be the only house leader that you can do this with.

Oh, I know not to go to the social general anymore. It's a shame, since some of the more fun users spend most of their time there.

In any case, at least it isn't as potentially risky a situation as what happened with Bravely Second. The Tomahawk class was changed into a cowgirl, and Nintendo wasn't involved with the censorship for that game.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's called REEsetEra for a reason. Smashboards is definitely not as bad as THAT. Just stay away from the Ultimate Social thread and you should be fine.
I usually hang around the Ultimate Social thread, and it can be extremely hit or miss. Almost everyone there is all fine, but it can turn into a dumpster fire at any given moment.
At least I got a good laugh out of it: "Steve from Minecraft has a vastly larger moveset potential." That's pretty much the opposite. lol.

People like this give their fanbase a bed rep.
I'd say he has potential. I really think using different blocks and items to attack could be fun, as well as manipulating the environment. This is a pretty good video showing off what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akMjMxXEpTY

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
That makes me wonder, how did ResetEra get so entwined with what game developers do?
ResetEra is made up of all the NeoGaf refugees that no other website wanted after the whole incident with NeoGaf's owner went down. NeoGaf had a lot of actual devs post there, mostly because Gaf had a lot of history even though it was a shell of it's former self. Most of these devs cave into the unhinged losers at Era because they actually think these people represent the majority of feedback or they don't want to deal with all the harassment and witch hunts if they don't cave in.

These people are some of the most miserable hate filled people you can find. They live only to endlessly complain and try to get things censored/changed because it's the only power they'll ever feel in life.

Just stay away from the Ultimate Social thread and you should be fine.
The few times I've browsed the social thread had me walking away wishing I hadn't lol.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
These people are some of the most miserable hate filled people you can find. They live only to endlessly complain and try to get things censored/changed because it's the only power they'll ever feel in life.
In that case, someone needs to act. Someone needs to make a different game dev thread website that will remove the power from those venomous ResetEra snakes.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
In that case, someone needs to act. Someone needs to make a different game dev thread website that will remove the power from those venomous ResetEra snakes.
Honestly, as a game dev to be with an ambitious idea, I plan to just make my game and never buckle to anyone. The amount of times I have an idea and I just know some of those people will say YOU CAN'T DO THAT!", I hope I can send a message by saying "Watch me." about a project I own the rights to to make and do with however I please.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
ResetEra is made up of all the NeoGaf refugees that no other website wanted after the whole incident with NeoGaf's owner went down. NeoGaf had a lot of actual devs post there, mostly because Gaf had a lot of history even though it was a shell of it's former self. Most of these devs cave into the unhinged losers at Era because they actually think these people represent the majority of feedback or they don't want to deal with all the harassment and witch hunts if they don't cave in.

The few times I've browsed the social thread had me walking away wishing I hadn't lol.
ResetEra is probably the most easily triggered hivemind outside of certain subreddits. It takes almost nothing to offend them, it takes almost no reason for them to ban you or suspend your account, and they go out of their way to try and censor games. They are a cancer to the gaming community

GolisoPower

Smash Master
ResetEra is probably the most easily triggered hivemind outside of certain subreddits. It takes almost nothing to offend them, it takes almost no reason for them to ban you or suspend your account, and they go out of their way to try and censor games. They are a cancer to the gaming community
When you put it like that, I'm surprised these people haven't started literal riots outside game developers' HQs.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, as a game dev to be with an ambitious idea, I plan to just make my game and never buckle to anyone. The amount of times I have an idea and I just know some of those people will say YOU CAN'T DO THAT!", I hope I can send a message by saying "Watch me." about a project I own the rights to to make and do with however I please.
Incidentally, WayForward made a career out of doing just that. Make games with balls, the road to greatness can be a rough uphill climb, but the results are worth it.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Amen to that. And thanks for the encouragement. My biggest fear is the concept of being dragged so hard people could see to it I'm over before I even start.
Yeah, Way Forward has tons of fan service in their games! I mean, look at Shantae: Pirate's Curse, the 4 main girls wore outfits similarly to Princess Liea's slave outfit from Star Wars in one of the areas.

Top Bottom