• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people generally don't use smilies too often here, it's hard to tell whether anyone's being facetious or joking otherwise. :4pacman:
Good point, I often have trouble both online and irl with seeming too deadpan when indeed I am just jesting. Although now I am considering that I could use Emoji's to make the tone of what I'm saying even more obscure and confusing. :mad::eek::reverse::smash::evil:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Krazy manages to pull off his "skydiving with a Banjo suit" plan, I'll use his artwork as avatars for a whole month. Mainly because it's great, he's drawn a lot of characters that'd be nice to see support for, and using it in my sig just isn't possible with the way image uploading works.

I just hope he's insured, and all.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
PapaGenos posted a new video on Nintendo taking down two Mario RPG songs! One is Beware the Forest's Mushrooms! And he is talking of someone here on the Smash Boards! I will link the video! It might be hinting towards something Geno related!

https://youtu.be/IgtOGullSMY

Here it is!

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
PapaGenos posted a new video on Nintendo taking down two Mario RPG songs! One is Beware the Forest's Mushrooms! And he is talking of someone here on the Smash Boards! I will link the video! It might be hinting towards something Geno related!
I hardly think Geno will be in the FP, but all of these recent references sure are interesting, if only because they happened in such a quick succession. Not sure how the rights are divided (Square's older games tend to get messy on that front), but I doubt that this is Smash-related, if it even means something, honestly.

On a sidenote, I went back to first page of this thread and just realized that the "Join the Banjo Support Discord" changed to "Join the Banjo Mains Discord". What a time to be alive, fellas.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I hardly think Geno will be in the FP, but all of these recent references sure are interesting, if only because they happened in such a quick succession. Not sure how the rights are divided (Square's older games tend to get messy on that front), but I doubt that this is Smash-related, if it even means something, honestly.

On a sidenote, I went back to first page of this thread and just realized that the "Join the Banjo Support Discord" changed to "Join the Banjo Mains Discord". What a time to be alive, fellas.
Yeah! This could point towards a hopeful Mario RPG remake on Switch though.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Just dropping two more B-K remixes here. I really like these two; Qumu's music never fails to be great, I was really glad to see another B-K remix from them.
I didn't know how I'd like the techno style of the second one, but it really grew on me. It's been stuck in my head for around two days.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Just dropping two more B-K remixes here. I really like these two; Qumu's music never fails to be great, I was really glad to see another B-K remix from them.
I didn't know how I'd like the techno style of the second one, but it really grew on me. It's been stuck in my head for around two days.

I found a mashup. https://youtu.be/fSOjmaVddrc

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think Geno has a chance given how much the Fighter's Pass and Ultimate is geared more towards Smash fan's wants. With the Fighter's pass model, I can see them putting their most marketable characters first, to get people to buy the pass as soon as possible, and so the last characters will likely be more niche than the first half of the pass. And Geno's in a grey area where, yeah, he's Square Enix, but he's also a Mario character, so I could see getting both Hero and Geno in that sense. That being said, I don't think Geno will be in the Fighter's pass, as I believe they wouldn't have put Geno's spirit in the game already. I feel like the next likely Square Enix character, if we're getting multiple, will be Sora, simply because it's owned by Disney and I could see that working out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Geno has a chance given how much the Fighter's Pass and Ultimate is geared more towards Smash fan's wants. With the Fighter's pass model, I can see them putting their most marketable characters first, to get people to buy the pass as soon as possible, and so the last characters will likely be more niche than the first half of the pass. And Geno's in a grey area where, yeah, he's Square Enix, but he's also a Mario character, so I could see getting both Hero and Geno in that sense. That being said, I don't think Geno will be in the Fighter's pass, as I believe they wouldn't have put Geno's spirit in the game already. I feel like the next likely Square Enix character, if we're getting multiple, will be Sora, simply because it's owned by Disney and I could see that working out.
Yeah, the only issue is, it's Disney. Sure, the Smash staff can avoid putting in the Disney characters as spirits and get around it with the KH originals like the Destiny trio and Org. XIII, but it's still going to be costing a pretty penny.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, the only issue is, it's Disney. Sure, the Smash staff can avoid putting in the Disney characters as spirits and get around it with the KH originals like the Destiny trio and Org. XIII, but it's still going to be costing a pretty penny.
I think the concerns over Disney are not well substantiated. Yeah, if you're a parent wanting to put Mickey Mouse on a cake, you could have a problem, and in general I have a huge problem with Disney's overprotective nature over their copyrights. But this is Nintendo, the biggest company in gaming, and their content is well suited for each other, I believe they have worked together in the past. And I'm sure they would be able to negotiate something, if Sakurai wanted Sora in. Disney is a bohemoth, but I haven't seen any examples where they were unwilling to work with other partners with their content, if they benefited from it. I really think the only hurdle is if Sakurai wanted Sora in, and since Square Enix already has a character, I feel it's likely he would want to work with the other companies they have strong relationships with. But at this point, with Cloud, Joker, and Banjo & Kazooie in, I don't think there's really any IP Nintendo couldn't negotiate to get, outside of a Sony owned character.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think the concerns over Disney are not well substantiated. Yeah, if you're a parent wanting to put Mickey Mouse on a cake, you could have a problem, and in general I have a huge problem with Disney's overprotective nature over their copyrights. But this is Nintendo, the biggest company in gaming, and their content is well suited for each other, I believe they have worked together in the past. And I'm sure they would be able to negotiate something, if Sakurai wanted Sora in. Disney is a bohemoth, but I haven't seen any examples where they were unwilling to work with other partners with their content, if they benefited from it. I really think the only hurdle is if Sakurai wanted Sora in, and since Square Enix already has a character, I feel it's likely he would want to work with the other companies they have strong relationships with. But at this point, with Cloud, Joker, and Banjo & Kazooie in, I don't think there's really any IP Nintendo couldn't negotiate to get, outside of a Sony owned character.
To add on to this, the VP of Disney in Japan, Justin Scarpone, has stated that he’d be fine with Sora in Smash Bros, so that should help with negotiations.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To add on to this, the VP of Disney in Japan, Justin Scarpone, has stated that he’d be fine with Sora in Smash Bros, so that should help with negotiations.
Hmm, those are fair points. I mean, Sega did manage to negotiate for including Mickey Mouse games in their Sega Genesis Mini, and all...

But yeah, Sony characters are pipe dreams until further notice. Probably didn't forget about the failure of their Smash imitator.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Indeed, I was trying to remember that statement to add, but couldn't remember if they only stated that they owned the character, or if they added more than that. And as we've seen multiple times with various companies from Bethesda to Capcom to Microsoft, it's a huge deal to get their character into Smash, and will generally be supportive of it. It doesn't mean negotiations are a cake walk, and they can be difficult, and I'm sure we've lost out on some characters due to negotiations not panning out, but there's nothing to indicate to me that there's anything special when it comes to Disney.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Assuming Disney doesn't try to buy Nintendo.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I don't think Sora could work or is ever going to be in Super Smash Bros. The reason is that his series is in a very strange position in regards to Super Smash Bros, what with the Disney world playing a very big part of what makes the Kingdom Hearts series what it is. It's a crossover between Square Enix and Disney so both parties need to be represented in some way. It's a situation where you can't have your cake and eat it too because it brings in the problem fans have with 4th party characters in Smash Bros.

You can't have Donald and Goofy or any other Disney character show up because you've just made the case for Goku to join Super Smash Bros but you can't take out Disney from it either because they play a big part in the series, Donald and Goofy especially since they are Sora's partners for the main trilogy. Sakurai talks about 4th party characters in his book saying "He knows some are serious, but he doesn't think characters like Iron Man and Goku will happen. (p27)" and Sakurai has said no multiple times for requests for non video game characters. Source gaming have even stated this.

The common argument I see when talking about circumventing the Disney issue is that you can just take out the Disney characters and just have it represent the non Disney content that is in Kingdom Hearts. Here is why that doesn't work. The idea for the series was for the player to be in these Disney worlds while the plot comes second. New players won't buy Kingdom Hearts for the plot alone, they would most likely play it because they see you can roam around in the Disney Worlds. Removing the Disney portion would destroy the entire point of the series and Sora's inclusion in Super Smash Bros would be missing half of the series identity and biggest selling point for newcomers. If Disney content isn't important then why even base the games around crossing through Disney Worlds? As far as I am aware, there isn't a single Kingdom Hearts game that doesn't have Disney content within it so it is very important to the series.

Third Party characters in Super Smash Bros don't represent the entirety of their games but they get down the core aspects of their games. You have Mega Man who jumps around, shoot his pellets and uses a variety of robot master weapons all with a stage representing the most reoccurring area of the Mega Man games, Dr. Wily's Castle. You have Castlevania where Simon and Richter use their whips to attack things, they have a stage where you're in Dracula's castle where all the monsters show up in the Background and you even have Dracula as a boss; even Cloud with his special skills and Midgar giving you the ability to summon Ifrit, Bahamut, Leviathan, Ramuh and Odin. The core aspect of Kingdom Hearts is the cross over between Square Enix and Disney so in order for the Kingdom Hearts series to stay true, they would have to add Disney characters the stages or even to Sora's final smash and that can't happen because of 4th party rule.

Sora on his own is fine but it's what his series represents that is holding him back from joining Super Smash Bros. If the series was instead, Nintendo Hearts where you replaced the Disney characters and areas with Nintendo, Sora would definitely be good to go but with all of the things going against him, I just don't see Sora as a possibility despite the fan demand.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given all of that, it made no sense for Hashimoto to delete his tweet that responded to someone wanting Sora in Smash Bros. It's not like the guy had accidentally slipped anything in regards to Square-Enix having a second character in Smash, let alone Hero (and the guy has slipped on things before).

It's a bit silly not to be allowed to give encouragement to your fans, of all things.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Given all of that, it made no sense for Hashimoto to delete his tweet that responded to someone wanting Sora in Smash Bros. It's not like the guy had accidentally slipped anything in regards to Square-Enix having a second character in Smash, let alone Hero (and the guy has slipped on things before).

It's a bit silly not to be allowed to give encouragement to your fans, of all things.
Encouragement is one thing; false hope is something else entirely. (especially since some people almost definitely took that as implied confirmation that Sora was in)

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
Assuming Disney doesn't try to buy Nintendo.
Just an aside here, Disney will not buy Nintendo. Disney theme parks and Nintendo are two of my favorite things so I can elaborate on that a little...

Prior to the Disney purchase of Marvel, Marvel signed a contract with Universal to have their IP used in the new Islands of Adventure park in Florida. As part of the agreement, Marvel was not to allow/license the use of the Marvel characters included in the contract to other theme parks east of the Mississippi. These characters include the Avengers (and associated characters), the X-Men (same again), Fantastic Four (and again) and so on. Now flash forward to Disney's purchase of Marvel. Disney's flagship theme park resort is just down the road from Universal where IoA's Marvel Super Hero Island has been since 1999. Granted, Disney bought Marvel to appeal to boys (since current thinking is their animated films are more girly), but now they cannot use their shiny new toy at their money-making resort in Florida. There are exceptions to this, such as characters created after the contract with Universal was signed (Guardians of the Galaxy) or characters not included (Dr. Strange), however the bulk of characters that the public know and love cannot be used at Walt Disney World. Hence why all the other Disney resorts around the world are getting Marvel-themed lands, but not Florida.

Long story short, since Universal Orlando is building a Nintendo-themed land in their current Florida park (or future park) and in Osaka, I can't see them shoot themselves in the foot again by even trying to purchase Nintendo. Obviously theme park rights aren't the main thing the company would be focused on, but I know it would factor into the decision.

Not saying they want to buy Nintendo (although with Iger who knows. Man spends money like the world is ending tomorrow), just thought I would point out how it's not gonna happen.

Back to Banjo...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Personally, I like any variation where Kirby gets a backpack with a fake Kazooie for the neutral special. Don't really care if he gets a hat with Banjo's head or his snout and ears.

Would be funny if his eyes became googly.
Reminding me of Banjo's googly eyes also reminded me of the Sammy J and Randy comedy duet (That I probs can't post here if these are kid friendly boards.) where he asks Randy why the puppet has such googly eyes, which then reminded me that the models for BK will 100% be ported to Source Film Maker. Anybody looking forward to that?

So, anyone figured how the Kirby hat will look like?

https://twitter.com/aCluelessDanny/status/1149788654379950080
My money is on this design:
Kirby bnjo transformation.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Just discovered this awesome artist, gabocraina96, who has been covering Banjo-Kazooie songs for years now, thanks to Grant retweeting it. He has plenty of covers, and even made an album. Can't stop listening to them, and there's so many!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Reminding me of Banjo's googly eyes also reminded me of the Sammy J and Randy comedy duet (That I probs can't post here if these are kid friendly boards.) where he asks Randy why the puppet has such googly eyes, which then reminded me that the models for BK will 100% be ported to Source Film Maker. Anybody looking forward to that?

My money is on this design: View attachment 231271
That looks like something lumpy touch would make. Speaking of which he recently did a banjo kazooie animation. Watch it if you want nightmare fuel :)

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Don't watch it.
Pretty sure we've all mostly seen it by now, it's not even that bad imho. In fact, I have to thank you for introducing me to Lumpy Touch. I've been going down a rabbit hole of his work for the past week and I think he strikes my disturbed sense of humor.

Still I suppose for those who haven't seen it: If you don't like body horror, subversive humor, mild horror elements and off screen gore, don't watch it. Still, there's nothing overtly explicit in it.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
OK are people talking about "rules" in smash bros again ? you know sakurai tends to bend & breaks rules right ?

Sora could happen as he IS a Video Game character 1st & formost unlike goku & yes Kingdome hearts has Disney & Square content in it but it also has a lot of original characters & content in there games

& we have Dr Kawashima as an AT for 4 smash games already

Plus with DLC sakurai seams to not only bend rules but seams to add hard to get characters that he might normally not try to get in the base game & is willing to try new things

+ sora is a JRPG character with a "sword" sakurai loves those

Ooooh favourite Banjo-Kazooie remixes?

*cracks knuckles*

Ok then...there are more i've listened to over the years, but here are some:

Just...glorious, love how bombastic and chirpy it is.

The attention to detail with the individual instruments in this one is something else. Marvellous, bonus points for the stuffed backpack and Kazooie toy in the background.

More like Rusty Bucket Rave, its more jumpy and quirky and a bit out there, but I love it. An acquired taste.

All epic.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sora could happen as he IS a Video Game character 1st & formost unlike goku & yes Kingdome hearts has Disney & Square content in it but it also has a lot of original characters & content in there games
No one is saying Sora isn't a video character. The problem stems from the crossover aspect of the Kingdom Hearts series. In order to stay faithful to the core series, Disney content has to be present in Smash Bros as it's the reason fans played it the first time and will convince newer players to play Kingdom Hearts. Adding Disney to Smash Bros would mean Goofy, Donald, Mickey and the rest of the Disney cast who are 4th party characters would have to be included in some way. That is a problem because Sakurai has stated that he does not allow non-video game characters into Super Smash Bros. Not including Disney is also a problem because then you are taking away the entire point of the series.

Yes Kingdom Hearts has original content in the game too but Disney plays a big part in the Kingdom Hearts series, especially in the first half of the games. Including Disney content would give Goku a valid reason to join the game and not including them destroys the entire point of the Kingdom Hearts series so it's not Sora who is the problem, it's because of Kingdom Hearts and what it represents.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
If we're sharing our favorite remixes, I got a few!

If ya couldn't tell Final Battle is my favorite Banjo Kazooie theme :rotfl: The intensity and feeling of these fanmade remixes make me really hope we get a remix of it or at least have the original be one of the DLC tracks

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
One song I’m really hoping for is a Click Clock Wood Remix, but they have to keep those bird sounds. Most covers and remixes just remove those bird samples and I think it takes away from the original spirit of the song.

I think Final Battle and the Intro theme are very likely to get remixes as well.

https://youtu.be/IgtOGullSMY

Here it is!
Probably his Mii costume coming back alongside Hero, like how the Sonic costumes came alongside Joker because they’re both Sega IPs.

Some leaker a week or so back said something about Hero’s overview trailer having something that will disappoint a lot of people, and my money has been on Geno Mii costume.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Not including them destroys the entire point of the Kingdom Hearts series so it's not Sora who is the problem, it's because of Kingdom Hearts and what it represents.
I understand where you are coming from with this line of logic but it is wrong. KH isn't just a Disney vehicle it's a good video game series first and licensing miracle second. It is more than the sum of its parts. Yes, the Disney x Square crossover was a big selling point for the game initially and a big hook for the casuals but the original aspects of the games are what make it special. People didn't wait 10+ years for 3 because it was a Disney game. They waited because of its contribution as a game. KH fans don't want Disney represented Smash what they want is KH represented in Smash and you don't need any Disney characters for that. When people say Sakurai doesn't have to include Disney characters it isn't meant to be as a caveat to solve a potential issue but because fans know that the original portions are what give the KH series it's soul. They don't need Disney characters as spirits nor do they need Disney locations for stages. I'm sure Sakurai who keeps up with the fans will know that what the fans want to see in Smash isn't what the Mouse can bring but the core aspect of KH the original content. And sure some fans of the series may only like KH for the Disney and not like or care about the original stuff but they aren't going to be the ones supporting Sora anyways.
Really the only way this argument has any water is if one claims Disney would demand Disney characters be included with Sora as well since Smash is just such a great advertising platform. Disney can be rather fierce with its IPs and likely wouldn't negotiate on that front but there's no way to know for us to know if that's what they would do. As for saying KH needs it's Disney content to be represented at all that's just false.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I still want to talk Banjo, but, important things involving Sword & Shield controversy have shown up.
I'd rather you didn't bring that conversation to this thread. There's a Pokémon thread in the general Gaming section we have that would be better suited.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I understand where you are coming from with this line of logic but it is wrong. KH isn't just a Disney vehicle it's a good video game series first and licensing miracle second. It is more than the sum of its parts. Yes, the Disney x Square crossover was a big selling point for the game initially and a big hook for the casuals but the original aspects of the games are what make it special. People didn't wait 10+ years for 3 because it was a Disney game. They waited because of its contribution as a game. KH fans don't want Disney represented Smash what they want is KH represented in Smash and you don't need any Disney characters for that. When people say Sakurai doesn't have to include Disney characters it isn't meant to be as a caveat to solve a potential issue but because fans know that the original portions are what give the KH series it's soul. They don't need Disney characters as spirits nor do they need Disney locations for stages. I'm sure Sakurai who keeps up with the fans will know that what the fans want to see in Smash isn't what the Mouse can bring but the core aspect of KH the original content. And sure some fans of the series may only like KH for the Disney and not like or care about the original stuff but they aren't going to be the ones supporting Sora anyways.
Really the only way this argument has any water is if one claims Disney would demand Disney characters be included with Sora as well since Smash is just such a great advertising platform. Disney can be rather fierce with its IPs and likely wouldn't negotiate on that front but there's no way to know for us to know if that's what they would do. As for saying KH needs it's Disney content to be represented at all that's just false.
Of course fans aren't interested in Kingdom Hearts 3 just for the Disney content now because the series has already been established at this point but like I said, Disney content is the reason for it's interest in the first place and will continue to be the interest for people new to the series. If Sora is to be added, Disney content should be added as it is an integral part of the series identity. As far as I know, there hasn't been a single Kingdom Hearts game that doesn't have a Disney character or area within it.

Kingdom Hearts itself does have original content without Disney or Square Enix and there are games that put them into the centre of attention. That's fine and all for the fans but that's not going to give newer players any context to what the series represents as a whole. Sure you can apply this to Final Fantasy in Super Smash Bros but at least Midgar has the most reoccurring summons from the series such as Ifrit, Ramuh, Leviathan, Odin and Bahamut.

There is a reason for not wanting 4th party characters in Super Smash Bros but there should at least be a small exception for Sora. 4th Party characters should at least have a very successful video game presence to at the very least be able to be referenced in the background or as a spirit. I know it brings up a case for Goku and other non-video game characters but Kingdom Hearts isn't Kingdom Hearts without the Disney aspect to it. The closest we have seen the Super Smash Bros series take things from outside of the video game world is the Proximity Mine in Melee as it's loosely based off from the Remote Mine from the Goldeneye movie.

Top Bottom