• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
That's amazing to see. Awesome that not only are they advertising Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash, but Banjo & Kazooie being on Nintendo in general.

As for the Switch Lite, I'm fairly disappointed but expected to be. You could get a Switch without a dock for $230, and that's without changing any of the internal components. As for the D-Pad, Hori already makes a left joycon with the D pad, without wireless controls. I want one so badly to replace my joycon set, but wish I could get a right version to match. I play almost exclusively in handheld, so I'm fine with having 2 joycons without wireless features since my joycons still become awful to play with (mainly the drift issue), and are too expensive to fix/replace--a pair of $40 joycons would be nice (I also don't have the technical know how to cheaply replace the joysticks).
I am planning to get a Switch Lite. One for home, my standard model, and one for on the go more than my standard model.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I am planning to get a Switch Lite. One for home, my standard model, and one for on the go more than my standard model.
I could see doing that myself if it was $150-$175, which sounds like a more reasonable price for all the features they're not including. But for $20 more than the Lite, I could easily get another Switch without the dock, so I'm not sure how consumer friendly that is. But it seems to work for most people, so happy for them.

Nintendo... just let Hori make a right joycon without wireless for $15, or make it yourself... pleeeease.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
My only issue with the Switch Lite would be the analog sticks. Are we going to have the same analog drifting issues as the Joycons?
I'm not interested in this Switch Lite, but if I were, this would be my main concern as well.

So I had a thought:
You know how Nintendo made the Adam Malkovich Spirit one of the weaker ones as to poke fun at it? Imagine if they did the same to L.O.G., making it on par with Dan friggin' Hibiki! That would be the ultimate disrespect to one of the most frowned-upon figures in the Banjo franchise!
I would love that, but I have a feeling Sakurai's team wouldn't be comfortable taking such a snipe no matter how much the fans would appreciate it. Adam is first-party, and Dan's whole shtick is being weak and pathetic.
I hope I'm wrong though. That would be some sweet justice.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So I had a thought:

You know how Nintendo made the Adam Malkovich Spirit one of the weaker ones as to poke fun at it? Imagine if they did the same to L.O.G., making it on par with Dan friggin' Hibiki! That would be the ultimate disrespect to one of the most frowned-upon figures in the Banjo franchise!
It kinda sucks L.O.G. was made to be the way he was, cuz honestly I thought he had an amazing design and concept about him. His face is literally the Pong screen! And he's got little computer mice scurrying over him! But yeah, making him the antithesis of Banjo & Kazooie and calling them washed-up hasbeens with stale games and not giving them their moves to use in Nuts n' Bolts really soured a lot of people, including myself.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Having L.O.G. be the complete opposite in terms of stats wouldn't be as fulfilling. I mean, do you honestly want defeating him to be as hair-pulling as the Turbo Tunnel or Pauline's spirit fight? I know he's basically a god, but still...

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
It would be funny if Canary Mary was a really difficult Legendary Spirit

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
So have we discussed this? Everyone is so happy in welcoming B-K but Diddy seems awfully distracted.

What or who could he be looking at so intently?

Screenshot_2019-07-10-23-45-28.png

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Welp, just left a couple of videos on Game Freak's Facebook page, showing the flaws of the animations of Sword & Shield. If this does not work, then I will show the same two videos to Nintendo. They'll settle this!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It would be funny if Canary Mary was a really difficult Legendary Spirit
Smash players who had not played Banjo-Tooie haven't seen real button mashing yet!

So have we discussed this? Everyone is so happy in welcoming B-K but Diddy seems awfully distracted.

View attachment 230788
While I love this image so much, it's also fairly easy to nitpick as they took their taunts and animations in-game to string along a convincing family picture. Still, though, the fact they put Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man along with their ole Nintendo friends, and new ones, warms my heart so much.

If I were to rationalize a canon for Diddy, while not looking directly at them, perhaps he's staring at Duck Hunt mooning Banjo & Kazooie for pulverizing them earlier.

ze9

Smash Ace

Dixie's coming, clearly.

I like how they put even newer characters like the Inkling and the Animal Crossing crew in that shot. Like, yeah, the family's gotten bigger since the last time you were with us, but it's still your family :')

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
It kinda sucks L.O.G. was made to be the way he was, cuz honestly I thought he had an amazing design and concept about him. His face is literally the Pong screen! And he's got little computer mice scurrying over him! But yeah, making him the antithesis of Banjo & Kazooie and calling them washed-up hasbeens with stale games and not giving them their moves to use in Nuts n' Bolts really soured a lot of people, including myself.
I cannot STAND L.O.G. to me he represents everything wrong with NnB: he smashes the 4th wall as opposed to poking fun at it like BK/BT, and assumes the role of Rare when speaking about "what players want in their games." I hope we never see him again

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
One month has passed, but it doesn't matter. I'm still watching the Banjo reveal at least three times a day. My brain simply refuses to believe that it's real.

Either that, or it's just trying to revive the hype of that moment so it can get a dopamine surge. Both work for me.

T2by4

Smash Lord
One month has passed, but it doesn't matter. I'm still watching the Banjo reveal at least three times a day. My brain simply refuses to believe that it's real.

Either that, or it's just trying to revive the hype of that moment so it can get a dopamine surge. Both work for me.
Same. It's still so hard to believe. Can't believe we live in the good timeline. I shudder to think what would have happened if Steve got in instead. This song would've been the alternate timeline theme for spiral mountain had Steve gotten in instead: https://youtu.be/RAw-ZXwUUTA

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To whoever it is that lost a bet and has to play the Senran Kagura pinball game; I heard the gameplay is as dull as dishwater, sorry man. :ohwell:

On a happier note:

You know your name as a fan is getting big when even one of the original creators encourages you to pursue your cosplay dreams.

Same. It's still so hard to believe. Can't believe we live in the good timeline. I shudder to think what would have happened if Steve got in instead. This song would've been the alternate timeline theme for spiral mountain had Steve gotten in instead: https://youtu.be/RAw-ZXwUUTA
It would have felt awkward seeing TheCJBrine TheCJBrine trying to cheer people up, given that he likes both.

BK and the Nitro Squad announced in the same frigging day. The only reason I'm sure I'm not still stuck in some fever dream, is because of Beenox trying to figure out how online maintenance works.

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Can’t believe it’s been a month already, where on earth has the time gone?

That being said, where is Hero at?

Voe

Smash Journeyman
So, any chance Sakurai's gonna add any sexual innuendoes to the B-K stuff?
I don't expect any lewd innuendos or any of the well endowed characters to show up in Ultimate. Heck, I don't even expect them in a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

Can’t believe it’s been a month already, where on earth has the time gone?

That being said, where is Hero at?
Maybe they will come out tomorrow haha.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I cannot STAND L.O.G. to me he represents everything wrong with NnB: he smashes the 4th wall as opposed to poking fun at it like BK/BT, and assumes the role of Rare when speaking about "what players want in their games." I hope we never see him again
And sounded like he had less respect for Mario too! I think.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Bare in mind the BK content will reflect what Sakurai's aware of from the Japanese localization. There may not have been innuendos in the Japanese script because they didn't translate over. Gruntilda doesn't rhyme in Japanese for instance [but that's mostly because they don't HAVE rhymes in Japanese the way we do] so it's unlikely she'll have a rhyming gimmick planned out. If she does have lines, they would be localized into rhymes.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Bare in mind the BK content will reflect what Sakurai's aware of from the Japanese localization. There may not have been innuendos in the Japanese script because they didn't translate over. Gruntilda doesn't rhyme in Japanese for instance [but that's mostly because they don't HAVE rhymes in Japanese the way we do] so it's unlikely she'll have a rhyming gimmick planned out. If she does have lines, they would be localized into rhymes.
Indeed, that's why I'm also not expecting Grunty's rhymes. Though, it's always possible both have come up in Sakurai's research into the character, but I would say the innuendos would probably be a no-go from the get-go. We got close with Bayonetta, and I feel like there won't be anything more than that, especially since there's not many ways to subtly do that with the content that would come with Banjo & Kazooie--all of their character specific stuff already has much more friendly and iconic content to choose from. Also, the innuendo came from the types of personalities who worked at Rare at the time, which is very different from those at Nintendo and who work on Smash. Even those currently at Rare have disavowed some of the crude humor they got away with back in the day.

Though, I enjoy it--it goes over the heads of kids and it's something I can enjoy as an adult. Seeing the landscape around Mumbo's skull in Terrydactyland for the first time--wow, I was utterly shocked and cracked up so much every time I see it.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
So I had a thought:

I'm not into this idea. I'm of the mid that you should try to fix bad ideas instead of sweeping them under the rug or turning them into jokes. I'd prefer a spirit fight that makes the L.O.G. actually cool (probably something featuring the TV Game 15).

And yeah, his design is pretty dynamite. I also think Grunty's N&B design is the best she's ever looked.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
On a happier note:

You know your name as a fan is getting big when even one of the original creators encourages you to pursue your cosplay dreams.
If Krazy goes through with this, he will become a legend. He's got even more respect from me now.

Wow, it's month already since Banjo & Kazooie have come home. It sure has flown by as fast as Kazooie's beak bombs. It's nice resting easy knowing that the only waiting we have to do is to wait for them to be released. It still is surreal that the former pipe dream finally came true. They are back where they belong and I'm enjoying the attention they are getting from the whole Nintendo and Smash community. Like I said before, I will enjoy this feeling for a long time.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You have to remember that Sakurai works very closely with the original creators of the third party characters he uses for Smash Bros. Considering that we know that Rare seems to have a lot more involvement with making Banjo & Kazooie than any third party character in Smash Bros, what with Paul Cunningham, the lead artist of Diddy Kong Racing designing the duo, Grunty will definitely speak in rhyme if she talks as the franchise originates from overseas. This is the first time we've heard a third party company speak out about their involvement in Smash since Rare is the first native English speaking company to work on Smash Bros.

Now that I'm remembering Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy, I didn't see Yacht Club games speak out about Shovel Knight's inclusion and it seems they were just as surprised as we were.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Heck, I don't even expect them in a new Banjo-Kazooie game.
Now, I wouldn't go that far. When the trophy girls were brought back as the Nitro Squad, their proportions and clothing were altered a bit to be more appropriate for general audiences, so I think it can be possible to bring 'em in without having to completely change wardrobe for no reason (*cough*N&B*cough*). The bigger concern for me is that Humba's a native American in terms of looks, people may want to censor that aspect of her design, considering what happened with Bravely Second...

Oh, the time I thought the trophy girls were cut for PC reasons, those were silly, stupid days. :^I

Why is this taking so long?! I want the Hero released so Banjo can come home!
Silly meme picture comin'.

Duke_Nukem_Forever11.jpg

But seriously though, a character needs a lot of work to be done right, one being completed doesn't magically make progress on the rest go faster.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I got a question, Yooka Laylee us currently half price on the E-shop. Is it worth it?

I've heard incredibly mixed stuff and the length concerns me as I heard there was only four worlds. So I haven't got it yet, but should I?

D

Deleted member

I got a question, Yooka Laylee us currently half price on the E-shop. Is it worth it?

I've heard incredibly mixed stuff and the length concerns me as I heard there was only four worlds. So I haven't got it yet, but should I?
I personally enjoyed the ,tbh.

You should try it while the deal still applies if you ask me.

Top Bottom