• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
And of course, look who graces the video with 'So many games to play'. I can't believe they're back being advertised on Nintendo consoles. About damn time. Tomorrow, it'll officially have been one month since Banjo & Kazooie graced all of our screens and made us breathe a collective sigh of relief knowing they finally made it home. What a great time to be alive.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I love Banjo and Kazooie, but now, the Switch mini is revealed. Known as Switch Lite. It is more emphasized on handheld mode and no Joy Cons and an actual D Pad.

Look who's right above the 'More than 2,000 games' section on the Switch Lite website!
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/lite/
Nintendo cares about Banjo as much as we do. This is why I am a Nintendo fan, they care! They actually care about the fans, their games and their consoles! -_- Unlike Masuda and Game Freak.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Nintendo cares about Banjo as much as we do. This is why I am a Nintendo fan, they care! They actually care about the fans, their games and their consoles! -_- Unlike Masuda and Game Freak.
I mean I've played all of the generations of Pokemon, most of them both (or all three) of the games in each Generation and honestly it doesn't bother me with the Pokemon decisions. Now, I do imagine that those that play competitively that IV and EV breed Pokemon probably are upset, and I get that, but I don't think the casual player will really care that much? *shrug*

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I mean I've played all of the generations of Pokemon, most of them both (or all three) of the games in each Generation and honestly it doesn't bother me with the Pokemon decisions. Now, I do imagine that those that play competitively that IV and EV breed Pokemon probably are upset, and I get that, but I don't think the casual player will really care that much? *shrug*
Agreed. Besides, we have 4 months of opportunities for information before release. Surely there’d be something that makes up for the lack of a National Dex. Maybe it’s post-release content patches for all the hopefuls out there. Maybe it’s something else we don’t know about. Who knows. But until release, I suggest we keep our judgements to ourselves.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I don't play pokemon competitively at all however I find that the directions that Game Freak take with the games ruin my experience. The excessive hand holding is aggravating (especially Sun and Moon) and they keep on adding new mechanics which are cool however they don't expand on them. Mega Evolution was left to rot (I didn't mind this, it made some pokemon broken but was still fine) and then Z-move which were stupid moves that instantly ended the fight. Now GF are adding this 'giant' pokemon mechanic that I already hate. Some pokemons are locked behind this mechanic I don't want to use, at least with the a fore mentioned mechanics you had a choice to use them or not.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm not a competitive guy at all when it comes to Pokemon however I'm still bummed as someone who liked to have a full dex from Kanto to the new region of all Pokemon whose ever existed. I do agree that it's not as big of a deal breaker as some put it off as though. It's still a Pokemon game with basically everything else that I love about the franchise so I'll still be purchasing it (Sword specifically.)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I wanted to transfer my Shiny Pheromosa! I got her in literally 1 soft reset!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I wanted to transfer my Shiny Pheromosa! I got her in literally 1 soft reset!
Like I said, 4 months until release. Who knows? Maybe Pheromosa will be a part of the National Dex. Maybe Pheromosa will be added in a post-release content patch. Just don’t lose hope, k?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Like I said, 4 months until release. Who knows? Maybe Pheromosa will be a part of the National Dex. Maybe Pheromosa will be added in a post-release content patch. Just don’t lose hope, k?
By the way, it's been 4 years since Mr. Iwata has passed. :( He would've love seeing how the Switch became so popular.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
My only issue with the Switch Lite would be the analog sticks. Are we going to have the same analog drifting issues as the Joycons?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah. If anything, it's more rational to be concerned about the visuals getting more and more budget-cutting in favor of other elements (e.g. Dynamaxing) and not even improving the battle animations, as they rush these games out too fast. TPC should have part of the blame, at least.

In any case, I'm a filthy casual when it comes to the franchise, so I prefer the Adventures manga anyway.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, it's been 4 years since Mr. Iwata has passed. :( He would've love seeing how the Switch became so popular.
There is something I want to say: I wish Iwata was here. He would be happy to see Banjo fans so happy to have the bear and bird home.
Yeah...and I wish Tom DuBois was alive to see Simon's return in Smash, he would have been amazed to see how close the design is to his interpretation.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I don't play pokemon competitively at all however I find that the directions that Game Freak take with the games ruin my experience. The excessive hand holding is aggravating (especially Sun and Moon) and they keep on adding new mechanics which are cool however they don't expand on them. Mega Evolution was left to rot (I didn't mind this, it made some pokemon broken but was still fine) and then Z-move which were stupid moves that instantly ended the fight. Now GF are adding this 'giant' pokemon mechanic that I already hate. Some pokemons are locked behind this mechanic I don't want to use, at least with the a fore mentioned mechanics you had a choice to use them or not.
I'm not a competitive guy at all when it comes to Pokemon however I'm still bummed as someone who liked to have a full dex from Kanto to the new region of all Pokemon whose ever existed. I do agree that it's not as big of a deal breaker as some put it off as though. It's still a Pokemon game with basically everything else that I love about the franchise so I'll still be purchasing it (Sword specifically.)
Yeah. If anything, it's more rational to be concerned about the visuals getting more and more budget-cutting in favor of other elements (e.g. Dynamaxing) and not even improving the battle animations, as they rush these games out too fast. TPC should have part of the blame, at least.

In any case, I'm a filthy casual when it comes to the franchise, so I prefer the Adventures manga anyway.
I still remember Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. To this day, they are among my favorite Pokémon games, despite not being technically mainline. Those games have several problems, but the animations and worldbuilding were great for its time. The world felt alive, despite technical limitations and really extreme dex limitations - even more than now.

Same for Black & White. Sure, say all you want about the Pokémon designs (I think they're kinda cool), but it has what I believe to be the best story to date, we see little bits of the Gym Leaders doing other stuff besides... well, being Gym Leaders, the towns feel really alive and the seasons give an extra layer of immersion. For its time, BW was a big step forward.

Dunno... as a longtime fan, I feel that the last 2 gens weren't worked out that well. They both introduced new, interesting stuff, but the problem is that GF is more concerned with shoving new stuff into each game that the concepts introduced previously are severely underused (ha). Megas were cool, but what about new evolutions for old Pokémon? All we have past Gen IV is Sylveon and nothing else. Plus Megas were basically abandoned last gen. Regional variants are cool, but more likely than not won't be used again.

There is a case to be made for too much innovation being a problem and I think Pokémon is a prime example.

That said... I'm willing to give SWSH the benefit of the doubt... I thought BotW looked barren and a clone of other open world games, "not my Zelda", when I first saw gameplay of it (2016... I think). And it turned out great. So I'll wait until it launches before making a full assessment.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
My only issue with the Switch Lite would be the analog sticks. Are we going to have the same analog drifting issues as the Joycons?
I really hope not, it still surprises me two years after the Switch launched we STILL have this issue

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Hi. Casual Pokémon player here. I love Braixen and Dewott and was planning on having them, Grookey, and three other new 'mons as my set party. IV's or not, sometimes you just want a familiar friend on the journey with you...*sad face*

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
There are very good reasons as to why Game Freak is getting a lot of flack for their decisions. I'd recommend watching Silph Spectre and Distant Kingdom as they give a lot of insight on what is happening with Pokemon Sword and Shield.

With me, I'm a huge Pokemon fan and the only reason I continued to keep playing Pokemon is because they had all of the Pokemon in the game. Now not only will I have dread what new stupid gimmick they will come up with next, now I have to worry about what Pokemon will be taken away from me. They still haven't shown Salamence yet and that's one of my favourite pokemon.
I hate how Game Freak brings in features and then takes them out again regardless of whether they are well received or not just for the sake of surprising the player. They take away things like Pokemon following you, the Player Search System, VS Seeker and Mega Evolutions, all things that Pokemon fans loved and they don't bring them back just for the sake of making surprises. It's like they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Taking away Pokemon is the last straw and their reasonings for it are nothing short of ridiculous and full of lies. Just to add fuel to the fire, they made a generic PR statement, in a pathetic attempt to calm the fans down when it just doubled down on what they said during one of their interviews. It's ridiculous because they've made 721 Pokemon for the 3DS with unique animations for running, walking, three attack animations as well as Pokemon Amie that they have claimed they future-proofed for later generations and they're telling us that it's too much work to just port the models on to the Switch? They're making the 3DS look superior by comparison.
It's also full of lies because they use the same exact models from the previous games and done nothing to the Pokemon except give them rim lighting. They promised higher quality animations when the NPCs still have to stop dead in their tracks to turn around. They also use the same animations for NPCs as in Pokemon Sun and Moon as with Hau and the new rival.

But the worst part about all of this is that they're not even placing Pokemon at a high priority. They have left their B team to the Pokemon games now while their A team is working on that Town game they say they're working on. They don't even consider that the game series that brought 97% of their all time sales important and they're putting their faith in a game that they're not even sure is going to sell well. They're doing this at the worst possible time all because they want something to distinguish themselves from the Pokemon Company.

I apologise for the rant but I am a huge Pokemon fan and it needed to be said. Pokemon seems to be going in a really bad direction and I fear for the worst.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
After recent events, I'm not sure about the drifting. I mean, Nintendo moved Switch manufacturing to Vietnam, but whether or not the quality of it will change for the better or for the worse is up in the air.

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Preach it man. I've been a huge Pokemon fan since R/B/Y, and this is the first time I will not be buying a new generation.
This "Dexit" situation is an absolute train-wreck. For me, it's the straw that breaks the camel's back, and it's surprising and honestly a little disheartening to see a large number of people still giving Gamefreak the benefit of the doubt or a shred of goodwill.

They're citing "high quality" animations as the reason to exclude Pokemon from the game. And we have yet to a single new animation for any returning Pokemon in Sw/Sh. (to my knowledge)
Back in X&Y they made 3 attack animations, send in/return animations, idle animations and several amie animations for 720 Pokemon. And then in Su/Mo, they made walking and run animations for 807 Pokemon that weren't even used!
Even if there were one or two new animations in this game, surely it wouldn't be such a monumental task compared to what they've done before.

Even if they add the rest of the Pokemon in an update, (highly unlikely I think) I'll never see Gamefreak the same way again. Again, this is just the last straw for me. X&Y and Sun and Moon felt really lack luster, but I over looked all of their short comings because it was GF's first few times dealing with 3D. And, well, at least I could make a team of whatever Pokmon I wanted.

Now they've got 3 3D games under their belts, and are working with a much more powerful system, and I'm seeing the same corners cut. On top of that, Pokemon being deleted from existence. I don't want to support any of this any longer.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
As a huge Pokemon fan, I would say more on this issue, but I'm mostly keeping my opinions to myself as I don't like to get into heated arguments much.

I am bummed about the National Dex situation, and I'm concerned about what Game Freak is doing, and I really want to know why they're prioritizing things the way they are, but Sword and Shield still look good and promising in my eyes. I pre-ordered Sword yesterday after Monday's news drop, if only to try and send a message to them.

But yeah, we still have 4 months left. I won't pass final judgment on the games either way until after I've played them.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
There are very good reasons as to why Game Freak is getting a lot of flack for their decisions. I'd recommend watching Silph Spectre and Distant Kingdom as they give a lot of insight on what is happening with Pokemon Sword and Shield.

With me, I'm a huge Pokemon fan and the only reason I continued to keep playing Pokemon is because they had all of the Pokemon in the game. Now not only will I have dread what new stupid gimmick they will come up with next, now I have to worry about what Pokemon will be taken away from me. They still haven't shown Salamence yet and that's one of my favourite pokemon.
I hate how Game Freak brings in features and then takes them out again regardless of whether they are well received or not just for the sake of surprising the player. They take away things like Pokemon following you, the Player Search System, VS Seeker and Mega Evolutions, all things that Pokemon fans loved and they don't bring them back just for the sake of making surprises. It's like they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Taking away Pokemon is the last straw and their reasonings for it are nothing short of ridiculous and full of lies. Just to add fuel to the fire, they made a generic PR statement, in a pathetic attempt to calm the fans down when it just doubled down on what they said during one of their interviews. It's ridiculous because they've made 721 Pokemon for the 3DS with unique animations for running, walking, three attack animations as well as Pokemon Amie that they have claimed they future-proofed for later generations and they're telling us that it's too much work to just port the models on to the Switch? They're making the 3DS look superior by comparison.
It's also full of lies because they use the same exact models from the previous games and done nothing to the Pokemon except give them rim lighting. They promised higher quality animations when the NPCs still have to stop dead in their tracks to turn around. They also use the same animations for NPCs as in Pokemon Sun and Moon as with Hau and the new rival.

But the worst part about all of this is that they're not even placing Pokemon at a high priority. They have left their B team to the Pokemon games now while their A team is working on that Town game they say they're working on. They don't even consider that the game series that brought 97% of their all time sales important and they're putting their faith in a game that they're not even sure is going to sell well. They're doing this at the worst possible time all because they want something to distinguish themselves from the Pokemon Company.

I apologise for the rant but I am a huge Pokemon fan and it needed to be said. Pokemon seems to be going in a really bad direction and I fear for the worst.
Which is why Nintendo needs to step in!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
For reference for anyone uninformed, you can fit 900 unique Pokémon in just under 1 GB of RAM, on a console whose cartridges can support 32 gigs of RAM maximum.

If I may advocate for the devil just a tad, one of GF biggest complaints is that they don't innovate, and on Pokémon, hat has certainly been true. For being a games studio, I have often wanted to see them branch off to other things and see what they can do, as you know most other games studios are wont to do. I'll give you that it's weird they don't have their main team on their biggest money maker, but innovating and trying new experimental games is what a games studio does. I'll gladly welcome this new RPG and see if I like it. Tembo the Elephant didn't really impress me, but if GF is finally branching off from Pokémon a bit, I'll support that, even if the game flops. In the last 4 Years, Nintendo dropped 2 brand new IPs in Splatoon and ARMS, one very well received, but the other admittedly a bit mixed. Still, goes to show that even if a company isn't strapped for cash, new titles are what capture peoples interest and keep them on board.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Preach it man. I've been a huge Pokemon fan since R/B/Y, and this is the first time I will not be buying a new generation.
This "Dexit" situation is an absolute train-wreck. For me, it's the straw that breaks the camel's back, and it's surprising and honestly a little disheartening to see a large number of people still giving Gamefreak the benefit of the doubt or a shred of goodwill.
Which is why I gave the BotW example. I know this has been a consistent pattern for GF, but for me it's very simple: I'll wait until the game releases. If it still has the same problems that people like Distant Kingdom pointed out, then I don't buy it, plain and simple. If at least a significant portion gets fixed, I may reconsider. That's what I mean by saying I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, the best option imo would be for Nintendo to delay the game, like they did with Prime 4 and Animal Crossing and have done so many times before when a product doesn't meet their quality standards, but with TPC dancing to the beat of their own drum, I have no idea how likely that is...

StormC

Smash Hero
Which is why I gave the BotW example. I know this has been a consistent pattern for GF, but for me it's very simple: I'll wait until the game releases. If it still has the same problems that people like Distant Kingdom pointed out, then I don't buy it, plain and simple. If at least a significant portion gets fixed, I may reconsider. That's what I mean by saying I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, the best option imo would be for Nintendo to delay the game, like they did with Prime 4 and Animal Crossing and have done so many times before when a product doesn't meet their quality standards, but with TPC dancing to the beat of their own drum, I have no idea how likely that is...
Basically impossible. Pokemon has merchandise and anime deadlines to meet. It has to stick to its own schedule.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
For reference for anyone uninformed, you can fit 900 unique Pokémon in just under 1 GB of RAM, on a console whose cartridges can support 32 gigs of RAM maximum.

If I may advocate for the devil just a tad, one of GF biggest complaints is that they don't innovate, and on Pokémon, hat has certainly been true. For being a games studio, I have often wanted to see them branch off to other things and see what they can do, as you know most other games studios are wont to do. I'll give you that it's weird they don't have their main team on their biggest money maker, but innovating and trying new experimental games is what a games studio does. I'll gladly welcome this new RPG and see if I like it. Tembo the Elephant didn't really impress me, but if GF is finally branching off from Pokémon a bit, I'll support that, even if the game flops. In the last 4 Years, Nintendo dropped 2 brand new IPs in Splatoon and ARMS, one very well received, but the other admittedly a bit mixed. Still, goes to show that even if a company isn't strapped for cash, new titles are what capture peoples interest and keep them on board.
Having so little time between a series' releases tends to do that. In fact, here's a weird opinion: since they're getting used to the hardware, maybe it would have been better to lead with something like the Gen IV remakes, which is something "safer" and they don't really need to make too many new systems. The Switch still has, like, 5 years of life at the very least. That's more than enough time, given they already released Let's Go and will release SWSH this year.

Basically impossible. Pokemon has merchandise and anime deadlines to meet. It has to stick to its own schedule.
Yes, unfortunately. It's a case of a media franchise become so big it becomes shackled by the need to constantly put stuff out. Kinda like the billion uninspired 2.5D Mario remakes we got since the Wii era before we got Maker and Odyssey.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
They're citing "high quality" animations as the reason to exclude Pokemon from the game. And we have yet to a single new animation for any returning Pokemon in Sw/Sh. (to my knowledge)
Back in X&Y they made 3 attack animations, send in/return animations, idle animations and several amie animations for 720 Pokemon. And then in Su/Mo, they made walking and run animations for 807 Pokemon that weren't even used!
Even if there were one or two new animations in this game, surely it wouldn't be such a monumental task compared to what they've done before.
No kidding. On a system with games like Breath of the Wild, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on it, what's GFs excuse for still recycling X/Y assets again? Okay, lets assume that their staff doesn't know how to make a gorgeous modern game. Okay. So, with Pokémon, the franchise that has billions of dollars to its' name, billion with a big ole' capital B, why can't they hire some new young people who can properly design their game for them? Even if they couldn't reimagine every Pokémon in a brand new engine, and maybe that's fair, I kind of feel like there's no excuse for the saddest open world in a modern game I think I've seen to date. (And Xenoblade 2 has a gorgeous, expansive open world, AND tons of creatures both big and small stomping around in it organically.)

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
That's reasonable. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was referencing you in particular.
However, I personally believe I've seen enough to come to a conclusion. Pokemon games tend to barely change from when they are revealed. We've already seen fairly significant slow downs during battles and cut-scenes, and NPCs turning in place without moving their feet.

Yeah, a delay is impossible. I don't know if they are getting enough backlash to even address the Pokedex problem. Putting the brakes on a behemoth like the Pokemon franchise is completely out of the question.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Breath of the Wild had the excuse of being delayed multiple times since before the Switch was even revealed and was also a Wii U game to boot. Pokemon Sword and Shield only have 4 months to do drastic changes which from what we've seen is a severely under polished product. What we've seen from the Treehouse is more than likely what we're going to end up getting.

I'd at least be fine if they said they would add Pokemon during updates but they don't even seem to be doing that so with that out of the way, we look towards what they're actually focusing on which is apparently the Graphics and animations which is either a small step up or a blatant lie.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That's reasonable. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was referencing you in particular.
However, I personally believe I've seen enough to come to a conclusion.

Yeah, a delay is impossible. I don't know if they are getting enough backlash to even address the Pokedex problem. Putting the brakes on a behemoth like the Pokemon franchise is completely out of the question.
Fair enough. I guess the similar wording made me think that.

I can certainly understand the backlash. The problem is that we have no idea how much that will change. I remember reading the articles after the release of X/Y and being surprised with the team saying Gen VII was already in pre-development. Same with S/M. Pokémon is starting to reach near-Fifa levels of release, and that's not a good thing, because **** like this will get more and more frequent down the line. Back at Gen VI, the distaste was already detectable, but now it's starting to reach critical levels.

Worst part is... most casual players will keep buying it, because it's Pokémon. And with them buying it, GF will feel like they need to release another in 2 years... and the cycle goes on. Pokémon is ironically becoming stale because of how frequently it changes.

With Mario, Zelda and Smash, there's at least a few years before a new one starts production (Ultimate is an exception), but here... there's no stopping this ride to reevaluate things, like Sakurai does. That's what worries me. This is no way for a franchise to live.

It's a really bizarre problem and there's no easy solution in sight, unfortunately.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Oh man... didn't mean to get everyone so off topic from Banjo... Sorry!
It's alright, I'm sure. Nobody had paid mind to it yet, I only did it the other day cause my last few consecutive posts were off topic. It's true we're in the Banjo social thread, but I don't think anybody minds too terribly if we eer off topic for a bit on a topic multiple people are clearly passionate about.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh man... didn't mean to get everyone so off topic from Banjo... Sorry!
It's fine, nothing much is going on right now anyways besides the Hero fans doing their best to predict when he drops (futile as it is).

Fair enough. I guess the similar wording made me think that.

I can certainly understand the backlash. The problem is that we have no idea how much that will change. I remember reading the articles after the release of X/Y and being surprised with the team saying Gen VII was already in pre-development. Same with S/M. Pokémon is starting to reach near-Fifa levels of release, and that's not a good thing, because **** like this will get more and more frequent down the line. Back at Gen VI, the distaste was already detectable, but now it's starting to reach critical levels.

Worst part is... most casual players will keep buying it, because it's Pokémon. And with them buying it, GF will feel like they need to release another in 2 years... and the cycle goes on. Pokémon is ironically becoming stale because of how frequently it changes.

With Mario, Zelda and Smash, there's at least a few years before a new one starts production (Ultimate is an exception), but here... there's no stopping this ride to reevaluate things, like Sakurai does. That's what worries me. This is no way for a franchise to live.

It's a really bizarre problem and there's no easy solution in sight, unfortunately.
And as it happens, it happened to a certain other franchise once, usually only slowing down when things got out of hand. :ultmegaman:

Although in this case I doubt it would take a key figure leaving to stop the series dead in its tracks for several years.

Still though, can you really blame Game Freak for wanting to make games like Town? These guys need a break before they completely burn out, but The Pokémon Company will certainly not let them any time soon.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
It's alright, I'm sure. Nobody had paid mind to it yet, I only did it the other day cause my last few consecutive posts were off topic. It's true we're in the Banjo social thread, but I don't think anybody minds too terribly if we eer off topic for a bit on a topic multiple people are clearly passionate about.
Oh. OK.

It's fine, nothing much is going on right now anyways besides the Hero fans doing their best to predict when he drops (futile as it is).

And as it happens, it happened to a certain other franchise once, usually only slowing down when things got out of hand. :ultmegaman:

Although in this case I doubt it would take a key figure leaving to stop the series dead in its tracks for several years.

Still though, can you really blame Game Freak for wanting to make games like Town? These guys need a break before they completely burn out, but The Pokémon Company will certainly not let them any time soon.
No! Worst part: Game Freak might start using lootboxes! To get us to pay loads of cash to even let us get our old Pokemon back! And I bet that even Nintendo will be forced to really step in and stop them!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I had a thought:

You know how Nintendo made the Adam Malkovich Spirit one of the weaker ones as to poke fun at it? Imagine if they did the same to L.O.G., making it on par with Dan friggin' Hibiki! That would be the ultimate disrespect to one of the most frowned-upon figures in the Banjo franchise!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
So I had a thought:

You know how Nintendo made the Adam Malkovich Spirit one of the weaker ones as to poke fun at it? Imagine if they did the same to L.O.G., making it on par with Dan friggin' Hibiki! That would be the ultimate disrespect to one of the most frowned-upon figures in the Banjo franchise!
Nah. I think they won't pull much from Nuts & Bolts. Though, I hope they do pick from Diddy Kong Racing! Both Spirit and music wise!

StormC

Smash Hero
A lot of the Spirits will probably use Nuts And Bolts artwork because otherwise there aren't a ton of renders to use.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Look who's right above the 'More than 2,000 games' section on the Switch Lite website!
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/lite/
That's amazing to see. Awesome that not only are they advertising Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash, but Banjo & Kazooie being on Nintendo in general.

As for the Switch Lite, I'm fairly disappointed but expected to be. You could get a Switch without a dock for $230, and that's without changing any of the internal components. As for the D-Pad, Hori already makes a left joycon with the D pad, without wireless controls. I want one so badly to replace my joycon set, but wish I could get a right version to match. I play almost exclusively in handheld, so I'm fine with having 2 joycons without wireless features since my joycons still become awful to play with (mainly the drift issue), and are too expensive to fix/replace--a pair of $40 joycons would be nice (I also don't have the technical know how to cheaply replace the joysticks).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So I had a thought:

It's what I'm expecting, yes.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

A lot of the Spirits will probably use Nuts And Bolts artwork because otherwise there aren't a ton of renders to use.
Yeah, I bet that Rare spirits from other games will get brought in to bolster things up a bit, like JFG and Blast Corps.

Top Bottom