• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Its been some time now & I STILL CAN'T BELEVE BANJO KAZOOIE ARE IN SMASH ! it just feels UNREAL !

I have so much Banjo Stuff I am going to turn into amiibo now ! (turn my childhood BK plush into an amiibo & my Diddy kong racing game cart into a Banjo kazooie & diddy kong amiibo ! )

& I want to build a Smash Arcade Machine with all the smash games in it ! Just to preserve Banjo in smash forever ! Since when DLC is not availible & you can't buy him again he will be gone & lost to time ( I really like physical games)

:D

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Its been some time now & I STILL CAN'T BELEVE BANJO KAZOOIE ARE IN SMASH ! it just feels UNREAL !

I have so much Banjo Stuff I am going to turn into amiibo now ! (turn my childhood BK plush into an amiibo & my Diddy kong racing game cart into a Banjo kazooie & diddy kong amiibo ! )

& I want to build a Smash Arcade Machine with all the smash games in it ! Just to preserve Banjo in smash forever ! Since when DLC is not availible & you can't buy him again he will be gone & lost to time ( I really like physical games)

:D
Hopefully with the way that game saves and DLC purchases are tied to accounts there might be a way to restore if that ever happens. I'm really optimistic that this might not be Banjo and Kazooie's last Smash game if Rare and Microsoft want to keep it going. *shrug*

But yeah, I'm totally happy either way. :happysheep:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
What's there to say? I'm sorry that happened, and I hope you get to appeal him and get those videos back (or don't, since as you said they were par for deletion.), but jerks are gonna jerk sometimes, as much as that sucks. Isn't it a bigger honor to you that we don't give the cretin any more thought than he already doesn't deserve?

Also, I hope that's not his real name. Dude sounds like a dillweed but doxing people isn't cool.
Oh. Sorry. And yeah, that's his name. The dummy false claimed me. :) Luckily his name was on the email address from Nintendo. I saw.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So, Nintendo just uploaded a new ad-like video. Guess who is right on the thumbnail?

Just hoping a new F-Zero and Star Fox gets announced within that 2000+ games and counting... :^(

But seeing Banjo and Kazooie in the thumbnail and being advertised is extremely hype! :^)

StormC

Smash Hero
At this point is there any reason why they wouldn't port the Banjo games to Switch? Maybe Microsoft is more stingy about their first party content being on rival consoles, but seriously, it would make a mint for both Nintendo and Microsoft and it's the perfect way to catch people up on Banjo for Smash who missed out, and Nintendo believes in the Banjo brand well enough to advertise a DLC addition to Smash featuring them. I can't think of a single good business reason for either company to not do this. My hope is it's coming, just unannounced...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
At this point is there any reason why they wouldn't port the Banjo games to Switch? Maybe Microsoft is more stingy about their first party content being on rival consoles, but seriously, it would make a mint for both Nintendo and Microsoft and it's the perfect way to catch people up on Banjo for Smash who missed out, and Nintendo believes in the Banjo brand well enough to advertise a DLC addition to Smash featuring them. I can't think of a single good business reason for either company to not do this. My hope is it's coming, just unannounced...
Not holding my breath, because that's the exact same thing I thought about P5 and look where we are.

If it actually happened, I'd buy it on day one though.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I wouldn't say Microsoft are stingy with their First party IPs. If they were, they wouldn't be releasing the Master Chief collection on Steam. Microsoft knows that the Banjo Kazooie market is almost exclusively Nintendo so I'm betting they'll just release the game for both Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

StormC

Smash Hero
Not holding my breath, because that's the exact same thing I thought about P5 and look where we are.

The mainline Persona games are likely under some sort of Sony deal. Sony funded the Persona 5 anime as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

To be fair, Atlus is stubborn in general about specific SMTverse games, mainline Persona entries included.

At least Omega-Force's games aren't nearly as tied up, so we got a spin-off.

I wouldn't say Microsoft are stingy with their First party IPs. If they were, they wouldn't be releasing the Master Chief collection on Steam. Microsoft knows that the Banjo Kazooie market is almost exclusively Nintendo so I'm betting they'll just release the game for both Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
If they do consider BK on Switch deals, it may take some time, if they gauged the reaction from E3 and relied on that before doing anything.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The mainline Persona games are likely under some sort of Sony deal. Sony funded the Persona 5 anime as well.
To be fair, Atlus is stubborn in general about specific SMTverse games, mainline Persona entries included.

At least Omega-Force's games aren't nearly as tied up, so we got a spin-off.

If they do consider BK on Switch deals, it may take some time, if they gauged the reaction from E3 and relied on that before doing anything.
I lost the original link, but apparently Katsura Hashino himself stated in an interview that they were not under an exclusivity deal. It leads me to question if porting is really that much trouble, because Sega is just stubborn with that in general (as well as localization). The only series that gets multiple versions without many hiccups these days is Sonic...

Like... I literally wouldn't care if the Nintendo-exclusive SMT entries weren't exclusive anymore. Good for the fans. But it's weird seeing Yakuza, another series they were reluctant to port, get PC versions (not Switch ports, because of... the Wii U?) which greatly increased the game's overall sales, and not Persona.

In regards to Banjo, I'd say it depends on how much time Rare is willing to invest in that. The worst that could happen is Banjo in Smash literally means nothing to them and they go back to making... whatever they're making.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
You know, it's probably a good thing that B-K isn't getting new game productions right away, seeing what recently happened to a fellow N64 property.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...turok_looks_nothing_like_the_previous_entries
tenor (1).gif

Another fps legend fallen from grace.

Tbh there's a lot of potential for a first gen Turok game. This was before the crazy guns and inter dimensional shenanigans was kept at a minimum.

- 3rd person view, with more emphasis on melee combat with knives, spears and tomahawks.

- crafting weapons, bows, arrows, poison, traps, shelter, ect.

- survival elements such as making camouflage, masking your scent from dinosaurs, making sure you're well fed and hydrated.

- Dinosaurs with advanced a.i. being able to hunt, kill and fight like real animals. Even being able to fight each other (think of a more advanced version of turf wars from monster hunter world). Running from a trex armed with a single knife? Lead it to a triceratops protecting it's eggs.

Being partnered with andar could lead to an easy co-op mode.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I lost the original link, but apparently Katsura Hashino himself stated in an interview that they were not under an exclusivity deal. It leads me to question if porting is really that much trouble, because Sega is just stubborn with that in general (as well as localization). The only series that gets multiple versions without many hiccups these days is Sonic...

Like... I literally wouldn't care if the Nintendo-exclusive SMT entries weren't exclusive anymore. Good for the fans. But it's weird seeing Yakuza, another series they were reluctant to port, get PC versions (not Switch ports, because of... the Wii U?) which greatly increased the game's overall sales, and not Persona.
Nah, it's been like this even before the Sega buyout happened.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/franchise/2013-shin-megami-tensei
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/franchise/329-persona

Seriously, what did Nintendo do to Atlus, to traumatize them into not porting any exclusives to competitor companies' systems aside some scattered spinoffs?

As it is, the only reason I can think of is that Atlus are stubborn traditionalists.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Seriously, what did Nintendo do to Atlus, to traumatize them into not porting any exclusives to competitor companies' systems aside some scattered spinoffs?

As it is, the only reason I can think of is that Atlus are stubborn traditionalists.
Maybe it was similar to Squaresoft with the Final Fantasy VII/N64 fiasco way back when?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Oh, I'm aware. That's precisely what bugs me. Okay, I get it, porting takes more work than people give it credit for. I know that. But it doesn't seem like that's what's holding Atlus back. They keep asking their fans if they want to see Persona/SMT games on other consoles and the answer is always overwhelmingly positive, enough to justify potential costs in some cases, but they don't do it regardless.

The fact that Sony fans tend to get a little... agressive... regarding exclusivity doesn't help, either. Apparently, you're not a "true fan" if you don't have money to buy an entire new console just for that game every generation...

Maybe it was similar to Squaresoft with the Final Fantasy VII/N64 fiasco way back when?
Possibly. Nintendo kept getting Dragon Quest (my guess is because it was an Enix property before the fusion), but it took a long while before we saw anything other than spinoffs or ports of old games from SE after their fallout.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I'm aware. That's precisely what bugs me. Okay, I get it, porting takes more work than people give it credit for. I know that. But it doesn't seem like that's what's holding Atlus back. They keep asking their fans if they want to see Persona/SMT games on other consoles and the answer is always overwhelmingly positive, enough to justify potential costs in some cases, but they don't do it regardless.

The fact that Sony fans tend to get a little... agressive... regarding exclusivity doesn't help, either. Apparently, you're not a "true fan" if you don't have money to buy an entire new console just for that game every generation...
I will say, it is ironic that the only thing that's changed through the decades is Persona becoming popular to the point that it pulled a Raving Rabbids, slowly taking the spotlight from the SMT franchise without people noticing, until it was too late.

Possibly. Nintendo kept getting Dragon Quest (my guess is because it was an Enix property before the fusion), but it took a long while before we saw anything other than spinoffs or ports of old games from SE after their fallout.
And even then, Atlus mostly hasn't re-released any of their older SMTverse games, except as enhanced ports or remakes on portables (from what I can see). And lord help you (definitely not YHWH, he sure as hell won't) if you want a mainline SMT game getting remade/re-released and it isn't Persona.

In regards to Banjo, I'd say it depends on how much time Rare is willing to invest in that. The worst that could happen is Banjo in Smash literally means nothing to them and they go back to making... whatever they're making.
I will say that I'd be okay with us just having Banjo in Smash, that alone is worthwhile. Although it would be nice if a :ultmegaman: can be pulled with him later and leads to a revival, at least we'll have potential immunity from permanent cuts.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I will say, it is ironic that the only thing that's changed through the decades is Persona becoming popular to the point that it pulled a Raving Rabbids, slowly taking the spotlight from the SMT franchise without people noticing, until it was too late.
"We realized, too late... that we had created a beast."

And even then, Atlus mostly hasn't re-released any of their older SMTverse games, except as enhanced ports or remakes on portables (from what I can see). And lord help you (definitely not YHWH, he sure as hell won't) if you want a mainline SMT game getting remade/re-released and it isn't Persona.

I will say that I'd be okay with us just having Banjo in Smash, that alone is worthwhile. Although it would be nice if a :ultmegaman: can be pulled with him later and leads to a revival, at least we'll have potential immunity from permanent cuts.
Haven't the Digital Devil guys waited a long time? From what I remember, it's the game I hear the most about aside from Persona or mainline SMT.

And... yeah, I'm trying to stay hopeful for Banjo, even if the reboot doesn't come from Rare (I'd rather have that outcome, in fact). For now, though... I should just enjoy the bear and bird's homecoming.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Speaking of Atlus, I really hope at some point Snowboard Kids gets a port, remaster, or revival on Switch. To possibly have both Super Smash Bros., Banjo-Kazooie, AND Snowboard Kids on a current-gen Nintendo console with HD graphics that you could take ON THE GO?! Would literally be my new all-time favorite video game console.

StormC

Smash Hero
Persona 5 and Banjo-Kazooie are both in my top 5 favorite games... and both are on the Smash Fighters Pass and neither is on Switch. :urg:

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Unless Sony tries to pay Microsoft off to make Banjo timed exclusive to PS4. You know Sony is jealous of the Switch. They never outright stated it, but, I know they are.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Unless Sony tries to pay Microsoft off to make Banjo timed exclusive to PS4. You know Sony is jealous of the Switch. They never outright stated it, but, I know they are.
In a way, Sony has kind of been jealous of Nintendo in general. I mean, just look at their attempt at a Wiimote with the Playstation Move!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Haven't the Digital Devil guys waited a long time? From what I remember, it's the game I hear the most about aside from Persona or mainline SMT.
Poor lads, it's been about 14 years since DD got anything new.

In a way, Sony has kind of been jealous of Nintendo in general. I mean, just look at their attempt at a Wiimote with the Playstation Move!
Which is why hoping for any of their current exclusive mascots to get in Smash is a pipe dream for me. Imagine having Spike, Parappa, Sly and Jak & Daxter in here. That company has too much pride to allow anyone that hasn't had a Nintendo appearance of some sort.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
So, Nintendo just uploaded a new ad-like video. Guess who is right on the thumbnail?

I thought no one would care? What happened to Banjo being an advertisement dud? Lemme just leeeeeean on back and.....
1554787805528.gif

Voe

Smash Journeyman
About the bear and bird's stage, any chance it might be a traveling stage like Delfino? You could fight in different areas around Spiral Mountain, and the mountain itself could either be the beginning location or the end until you start traveling around again.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
True.

Poor lads, it's been about 14 years since DD got anything new.

Which is why hoping for any of their current exclusive mascots to get in Smash is a pipe dream for me. Imagine having Spike, Parappa, Sly and Jak & Daxter in here. That company has too much pride to allow anyone that hasn't had a Nintendo appearance of some sort.
:) Oh I would absolutely love to see Sony get so salty if Sly Cooper ever joins the roster. Yes, they own it, but they would be reminded how their attempt at copying Smash Bros. failed and would make them super salty.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
If by some miracle we DO get a Sony character in Smash Ultimate, I'd want it to be Spyro!

ze9

Smash Ace
Spyro and Crash actually belong to Activision, so they'd be more akin to Snake or Cloud. They're associated with Sony but they don't belong to Sony.

The one Sony character created and owned by Sony that I'd really like is... Sir Daniel Fortesque. I loved Medievil as a kid, and to me a living skeleton running around the battlefield sounds just like the kind of character that fits in Smash perfectly. It will never happen, though.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
So I've beaten Banjo-Tooie again and I'll be giving my times and a bit of commentary soon, but first there's something interesting I wanted to show:

After beating Klungo in the 1st fight, both versions of Spiral Mountain started playing. It's a pretty cool glitch that I found, and there are apparently other music-based glitches like this in Tooie (if you look around on YouTube).

I'm not sure how exactly this glitch got activated, but it's a nice listen nonetheless.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
About the bear and bird's stage, any chance it might be a traveling stage like Delfino? You could fight in different areas around Spiral Mountain, and the mountain itself could either be the beginning location or the end until you start traveling around again.
I had speculated of the possibility of travelling through various worlds within Gruntilda's Lair as a stage idea. I think it would have been neat, especially since you could transition the music through the various level themes of Gruntilda's Lair depending on the level.

Though, if that were the case, they would have shown it off (like Hero's alt costumes), and I feel like when their explanation comes out, it will be explaining what we already saw in detail, rather than showing off brand new reveals. They emphasized Spiral Mountain, Grant said he was surprised when his choice of re-mix was the same as B&K's stage, Spiral Mountain. But I'm completely satisfied with it, as I never could quite think of a great way to depict Spiral Mountain in Smash and they did a terrific job with the spinning mechanic.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I don't think Sony has any reason to do that for Banjo Kazooie. I'm pretty sure they know that Nintendo fans are incredibly stubborn when it comes to buying a competitor's console.

PlayStation Move, PlayStation Allstars, PlayStation Classic.
93b.jpg

If by some miracle we DO get a Sony character in Smash Ultimate, I'd want it to be Spyro!
But he's with Activision... Nah you'll try to whoosh me!

Anyway my pick for a Sony character would be Boney boi Daniel Fortesque!

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, I know some people have made this already, but I decided to make a list of Spirits and songs based on the numbers we got for Joker. So that's 11 songs (3 being remixes) and 13 spirits (2 Fighter Spirits, 5 Primary Spirits and 6 Support Spirits).

For the songs, I tried to go mainly after those that I think would fit best with the Spiral Mountain stage. Yeah, I get it, I'd love Freezeezy Peak or Gobi's Valley, but I think it would be a bit strange to hear those outside of an ice or desert environment.

1. Main Theme (Banjo-Kazooie)
  2. Spiral Mountain [REMIX] -> This is the one we got on the trailer
  3. Grunty's Lair Medley [REMIX]
  4. Mumbo's Mountain
  5. Bubblegloop Swamp
  6. Click Clock Wood Medley [REMIX]
  7. Top of the Tower - Final Battle
  8. Jinjo Village
  9. Glitter Gulch Mine
  10. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
  11. Any Tooie boss theme (preferably Targitzan, Mr. Patch or Terry's)

For Spirits, I gave priority to characters and things already shown in Banjo's trailer, then went down with other important characters and things for the rest.

1. Banjo & Kazooie [Fighter Spirit]
  2. Banjo & Dragon Kazooie [Fighter Spirit] -> Come on, a man can dream, right?
  3. Mumbo Jumbo [Primary Spirit]
  4. Gruntilda [Primary Spirit]
  5. Bottles [Primary Spirit]
  6. Humba Wumba [Primary Spirit]
  7. Washing Machine Banjo [Primary Spirit]
  8. Eggs [Support Spirit]
  9. Feathers [Support Spirit]
  10. Jinjos [Support Spirit]
  11. Mighty Jinjonator [Support Spirit]
  12. Jiggy [Support Spirit]
  13. Jamjars [Support Spirit]

That's it I guess. What are your opinions? Do you think we're only getting stuff from the first game? I only realized this possibility after finishing these lists, so...

Top Bottom