• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It's been two weeks already and I still feel giddy from their reveal. It's nice to see the letter and and that huge stack of signatures. I had to look on there to see if mine was still on there and relieved to know there it was.

Also,
Did you guys see the news about Etika's suicide? That's such an unfortunate situation on what happened to him. I had only seen his Smash reactions especially his Mewtwo reaction which was hilarious. He had been through such hardship and wish he would've gotten the proper treatment. He didn't to deserve to go through something like this. Depression is no joke guys. If you know someone who is being suicidal, please seek professional help. R.I.P. Etika

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It's been two weeks already and I still feel giddy from their reveal. It's nice to see the letter and and that huge stack of signatures. I had to look on there to see if mine was still on there and relieved to know there it was.
Just found my signature and my friend's. Maybe I should show him Phil and Grant's responses.

Boy... two weeks and my brain still isn't fully convinced that this is real.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
GameXplain's tradition of taking a two minute trailer and analyzing it for 15 minutes, this time for the bear and bird, is up.

Good analysis, though I've seen 15 of them, so it doesn't cover anything new, but it's a good overview. And tangentially, it was nice to see what all of their reactions were like for the reveal, something we rarely get to see.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Darn, missed out on getting in the thank you letter. Oh well, know my thanks goes with it

Edit: Also :ultbanjokazooie::ultbanjokazooie::ultbanjokazooie: is out!

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Well it looks like everyone desperately wants to play as Dixie Kong which is understandable. I'm more of a Donkey Kong Country 1 fan myself so I can't relate to the outcry but I can understand why she is important.

My main point is that there so many other characters from other video game franchises that could use the spot on the roster more than a character that is there for the sake of filling the gaps. If people truly want that character, fair enough but there should at least be a sizeable audience for that character for people to want to root for them. Dixie has that but Conker doesn't so do we really need Conker to join Smash when we can have a more requested character with a better moveset to visualise?
I just don't see the harm in it.
it's not as if anyone is rallying for a character to make sure something more interesting doesn't get in.
Me personally? The only characters I think are close to being something I desperately want to play as are Geno and Dixie. And some more, but those are all hard to be confirmed by now. So if I'm going to support anyone else, it will be characters I have a passing fondness for just for the sake of having them. And if I'm lucky, their moveset will be great and they will be fun to play as. I can't imagine anyone supporting a character And hoping that their moveset is boring. but I'm not about to but I'm not about to support a character I I have no interest in like Rayman Because other people tell me that he's iconic and his movesets could be cool.

this is a game about fanserviced first and foremost, and is a massive multi series crossover. I think wanting characters just so they are in the game Is perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well it looks like everyone desperately wants to play as Dixie Kong which is understandable. I'm more of a Donkey Kong Country 1 fan myself so I can't relate to the outcry but I can understand why she is important.

My main point is that there so many other characters from other video game franchises that could use the spot on the roster more than a character that is there for the sake of filling the gaps. If people truly want that character, fair enough but there should at least be a sizeable audience for that character for people to want to root for them. Dixie has that but Conker doesn't so do we really need Conker to join Smash when we can have a more requested character with a better moveset to visualise?
The issue is, the same argument was used against Banjo & Kazooie. "Banjo & Kazooie aren't as popular as the Smash echo chamber makes it out to be, and we already have Duck Hunt which is a far more iconic Nintendo character, why waste a spot with these un-unique has-beens when that slot could be used for more popular and iconic characters like Master Chief or Minecraft?"

Like Banjo may have been in Melee or Brawl had it not been for the legal issues, Dixie was originally intended for Smash as a duo-fighter with a tag-team mechanic with Diddy Kong, but didn't happen for presumably technical issues. It's partly to fill a void--all of the main Nintendo franchises tend to have the hero, sidekick, heroine, and villain of the series, where applicable, and it was the yearning for more villains that got us Ridley and King K Rool. Same thing with heroines of series, which tend to be ignored. But it's also the case Dixie has many unique attributes that could certainly set her apart from Diddy, the most obvious being her ponytails that allow for a propeller ability and to whip/grab opponents. I will admit, her design is very similar to Diddy's, so in some ways she could be seen as a redundant character, and why she would have made a great echo, if they didn't require having similar proportions. But she's a far more unique character than Dr. Mario, Zero Suit Samus/Dark Samus, Sheik, which are literally the same characters, just with different designs/abilities.

While I haven't personally played a game with her (outside of a little bit of Tropical Freeze, but I only got through the first world), there's very few Nintendo characters who haven't yet been in Smash that could potentially be in Smash--Dixie Kong and Bandana Waddle Dee seem to be the only ones left, and this is coming from someone who was adamantly against the latter last Summer (much more of a character than a Piranha Plant). I feel like in the next game, since Sakurai mentioned there would be cut characters if he made a next one, I'd recommend adding those two, cutting the redundant characters (or making them transformational characters where applicable), along with adding other highly requested first party characters like Waluigi and Isaac.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just don't see the harm in it.
it's not as if anyone is rallying for a character to make sure something more interesting doesn't get in.
Me personally? The only characters I think are close to being something I desperately want to play as are Geno and Dixie. And some more, but those are all hard to be confirmed by now. So if I'm going to support anyone else, it will be characters I have a passing fondness for just for the sake of having them. And if I'm lucky, their moveset will be great and they will be fun to play as. I can't imagine anyone supporting a character And hoping that their moveset is boring. but I'm not about to but I'm not about to support a character I I have no interest in like Artorias Because other people tell me his moves that could be cool.

this is a game about fanserviced first and foremost, and is a massive multi series crossover. I think wanting characters just so they are in the game Is perfectly reasonable.
Yeah, my views are fairly similar to yours. If one or more of my biggest wants don't get in, I settle for one or more of the next best things (like BK here). Gotta be adaptable to a situation like that.

Closest thing to people wanting "boring" movesets are those who expect the Echo route. It's almost like they actively want to be disappointed, or something.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I think Dixie's moment really should have been in Smash 4.
I mean, that game had a focus on adding characters from recent games, AND a tendency to add female newcomers. Tropical Freeze was recent, it was a masterpiece, and it brought back Dixie, who also was worked on a bit for Brawl. She had basically everything going for her, and yet... It's still baffling to me that she didn't get included.

Maybe the Japan side of Nintendo was really underestimating the popularity of Rare characters before the Ballot happened, while Retro Studios obviously had a better grasp on this side of the fandom.
And then the Ballot happened, and while Dixie was a pretty big request in her own right, K. Rool just had much more clamour around him, and of course Banjo & Kazooie are probably a bigger inclusion than either of them... so she got snubbed again.
It's really sad that Nintendo's best female character got treated so dirty. It's also a shame that she hasn't been used much lately, and that her role in Tropical Freeze was just as a power-up (apart from Hard Mode), so anybody who isn't accostumed to the original DKC trilogy sees her as just wig Diddy, while she's much more than that.
Though, if the ugly Bowser knock-off and the irrelevant cereal mascot bear managed to get in maybe wig Diddy can, too.

Closest thing to people wanting "boring" movesets are those who expect the Echo route. It's almost like they actively want to be disappointed, or something.
Eh, I think Echoes are fine for characters who wouldn't get in otherwise. It's that bit of extra fanservice. I sure appreciate being able to play as Dark Samus, even if she could have been more unique.
Dixie absolutely deserves better, though.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, that game had a focus on adding characters from recent games, AND a tendency to add female newcomers. Tropical Freeze was recent, it was a masterpiece, and it brought back Dixie, who also was worked on a bit for Brawl. She had basically everything going for her, and yet... It's still baffling to me that she didn't get included.

Maybe the Japan side of Nintendo was really underestimating the popularity of Rare characters before the Ballot happened, while Retro Studios obviously had a better grasp on this side of the fandom.
And then the Ballot happened, and while Dixie was a pretty big request in her own right, K. Rool just had much more clamour around him, and of course Banjo & Kazooie are probably a bigger inclusion than either of them... so she got snubbed again.
It's really sad that Nintendo's best female character got treated so dirty. It's also a shame that she hasn't been used much lately, and that her role in Tropical Freeze was just as a power-up (apart from Hard Mode), so anybody who isn't accostumed to the original DKC trilogy sees her as just wig Diddy, while she's much more than that.
Though, if the ugly Bowser knock-off and the irrelevant cereal mascot bear managed to get in maybe wig Diddy can, too.

Eh, I think Echoes are fine for characters who wouldn't get in otherwise. It's that bit of extra fanservice. I sure appreciate being able to play as Dark Samus, even if she could have been more unique.
Yeah, for similar characters it's acceptable enough. Daisy would have been passed over if not for that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Incineroar was derisively called Tony the Tiger.

As for Dixie, it's all been a matter of bad timing, as always for DKC in regards to Smash. And at least Tropical Freeze has a solo mode, even if you got no choice but to unlock it. Though it doesn't help that Retro's exclusively relied on for DKC these days right now, and those guys take 4 years at least to put out a new entry with gorillions of polygons, and now they have to work on Metroid Prime 4 after it got delayed, too. And don't get me started as to whether Retro will include other DKC series characters or not in their next sequel. Ubisoft Milan could sure be used right about now…

Nothing much we can do but wait for now.

vwRFTkL.png

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Personally, the weird thing about Dixie is her size. I couldn't imagine her being as tall as Diddy for some reason.
Perhaps it's because a lot of her roles contrast her size with a larger character (Kiddy Kong, Donkey Kong) Sure, she was the same size as Diddy in DKC2, but I also think Diddy's proportions are weird. At the end of the day though, it's a mostly personal thing, I can't imagine Sakurai shares the same views.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I feel like echoes were a good idea in theory, but not really good in practice. Because of the requirements of echoes, there are characters who should have been echoes that instead had to be unique (e.g., Isabelle), characters who may have been echoes had it not been for legal or technical limitations (e.g., Shadow and Dixie), or characters if they were to bring something new, would have been better off as unique characters (e.g., Dark Samus, though not a fan of derivative characters myself). The casual fan wouldn't recognize any of the echo characters, outside of Daisy, and I feel like the only echoes who make sense were Daisy and Ken. Most would have been better as just skins.

The good thing is, I can stack echoes, and when the DLC is complete, echoes stacked will fill the screen with a perfect rectangle. That satisfies my picky tastes when it comes to roster slots while including every character, even the ones I would have left off of my ideal roster.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
As for Dixie, it's all been a matter of bad timing, as always for DKC in regards to Smash. And at least Tropical Freeze has a solo mode, even if you got no choice but to unlock it. Though it doesn't help that Retro's exclusively relied on for DKC these days right now, and those guys take 4 years at least to put out a new entry with gorillions of polygons, and now they have to work on Metroid Prime 4 after it got delayed, too. And don't get me started as to whether Retro will include other DKC series characters or not in their next sequel. Ubisoft Milan could sure be used right about now…

Nothing much we can do but wait for now.
Pretty much. I just hope the series is not going on an another hiatus again.

The good thing is, I can stack echoes, and when the DLC is complete, echoes stacked will fill the screen with a perfect rectangle. That satisfies my picky tastes when it comes to roster slots while including every character, even the ones I would have left off of my ideal roster.
Yeah, I want the perfect rectangle, too. But I'm sacrificing the Miis for that.
I agree with you that the Echoes selection feels kind of arbitrary, but that kinda goes for the roster as a whole. I mean, a Piranha Plant took precedence over A LOT of characters.
Though Daisy is actually the only one that feels really forced to me. All the other Echoes feel a bit like wasted potential, but at least it makes sense for them to have the movesets they have. Seeing Daisy float around and pull out a blue Toad though is... weird.
But eh, I'll take her. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with Ultimate's roster. :ultbanjokazooie:

StormC

Smash Hero

Not every character has to get in because of a popularity contest. Some characters offer something different or represent something important.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Got some exciting news for you all this time! The letters were snail mailed out to Nintendo of America and Microsoft yesterday, but because it was uncertain if they'd get to where they needed to be, I decided to follow up on the digital front as well. Phil Spencer is an active member of the gaming community, (as well as him being the Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft), so I started there. I wasn't expecting an email back so soon as I emailed him less than 24 hours ago, so imagine my surprise when I checked my email! Included below (and in the ongoing album https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe) is our interaction.

And the good news keeps coming! Grant Kirkhope, music composer of the original two games, also replied! To see Grant happy with the whole situation makes me smile as well. Updating the album linked above with these images.

I've been gone for a few days but hearing their response to the thank you letter is awesome

BZocky

Smash Ace
That moment when Banjo and Kazooie landed on Duck Hunt is still the most surreal thing to me. Just seeing them there... lovingly animated and rendered with their instruments I'd only seen in comparable quality in 20 year old renders a million times before.
landing.jpg
I totally lost my mind at that moment, forget this being the final Smash announcement and one of the last in general of Nintendo's E3 and there were millions watching the same reveal as me live. I lost it at the Jiggy don't get me wrong but that was nothing compared to them being right there. After I was done typing out my initial reaction on here I was pretty much just sat back taking it in with a stupid grin on my face while shaking out of sheer emotion for the rest of the trailer. Then I proceeded to watch it again..and again.
What a fantastic addition to the roster.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I do wanna say, Phil Spencer's predecessor probably wouldn't have allowed Banjo & Kazooie in. They might have picked...Steve...instead. Also, Nintendo forgot someone for Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer, Krystal! She was made by Rare too!

OverTheTop123

Smash Rookie
I'm overburdened with joy with Banjo-Kazooie finally making it. I literally made an account just to post this lmao

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I agree with you that the Echoes selection feels kind of arbitrary, but that kinda goes for the roster as a whole. I mean, a Piranha Plant took precedence over A LOT of characters.
Though Daisy is actually the only one that feels really forced to me. All the other Echoes feel a bit like wasted potential, but at least it makes sense for them to have the movesets they have. Seeing Daisy float around and pull out a blue Toad though is... weird.
But eh, I'll take her. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with Ultimate's roster. :ultbanjokazooie:
Indeed, can't wait for the Fighter's Pass to be completely released. Despite my greivences with aspects of the roster, it looks beautiful when completed.
Ultimate (Smashboards).png

EDIT: As far as I know, you shouldn't have to sacrificing Miis? Unless you mean there's a limit to the number of Miis when they're stacked--I only have 8, so I haven't ran into a limit.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
For those of us who like the echoes and Miis separate, I'm curious how they'll handle the absolutely bloated character select screen.

As the game is right now, it's 5x13 for 65, plus a row of 12 at the bottom (including Random), for 77. Add Hero, Banjo, and the last two to make it 81 squares. That is a perfect square, but obviously the CSS needs to be rectangular. There's no perfect rectangles here, even if we re-merge the Miis.

They could add a seventh row, but things as they are feel squashed now so that might not be ideal. The other option is adding a column. Thin the boxes a little and make it 14 wide. That gives enough room for every character, and still 3 spots to spare if they ever do more DLC (which I doubt).

I'm good with anything, as long as they don't go full 3DS CSS with the "DLC page" of the character select. Never again.

ze9

Smash Ace
[/SPOILER]
EDIT: As far as I know, you shouldn't have to sacrificing Miis? Unless you mean there's a limit to the number of Miis when they're stacked--I only have 8, so I haven't ran into a limit.
I noticed this playing Squad Strike (which, for some reason, disables the Miis), if you remove the Miis and you add the 4 remaining DLC characters you end up with a perfect square (courtesy of the random button):
If you remove the Miis you also get the column of craziness: Snake/Megaman/Cloud/Banjo.
Speaking of which, having 3 different spots for the Miis kinda drives me mad. Oh well.

The obvious solution of course would be to make more DLC characters so they can fix the select screen.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I noticed this playing Squad Strike (which, for some reason, disables the Miis), if you remove the Miis and you add the 4 remaining DLC characters you end up with a perfect square (courtesy of the random button):
If you remove the Miis you also get the column of craziness: Snake/Megaman/Cloud/Banjo.
Speaking of which, having 3 different spots for the Miis kinda drives me mad. Oh well.

It's a perfect rectangle
The obvious solution of course would be to make more DLC characters so they can fix the select screen.
Oh, yeah, non-stacked it won't be a perfect rectangle. But stacked, the 3 Miis become one Mii slot, and there's four slots for the remaining DLC characters.
Current Roster.jpg

Unless I'm missing the point you're making, stacked makes a perfect rectangle without sacrificing Miis. This is my ideal way to display, given a) I'm not a fan of echoes b) I, too, don't like Miis taking up 3 slots, so I was happy to see stacked combines them c) I like having a perfect rectangle, so after the next four DLC characters are released, it will be.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wait that's the current stacked roster? Since when was Peach on the row below? I've been avoiding stacking them to keep Peach separate from the OG 12, but now I can get rid of Dark Samus? Woot woot!!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Indeed, can't wait for the Fighter's Pass to be completely released. Despite my greivences with aspects of the roster, it looks beautiful when completed.

Man that's gonna be so surreal turning on my game and seeing all these characters and resisting the urge to wish Banjo & Kazooie were a part of it when THEY'RE LITERALLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME TO CHOOSE AT MY LEISURE. Also for some reason I really love Banjo & Kazooie being in the same column as Pikachu, Mega Man, and Cloud Strife lol. What a fantastic game this has turned out to be. Two weeks later and I STILL can't believe they finally made it in after years of wishing and hoping, and in the biggest Smash roster to date. Can we all just take a second and be grateful they made it into a game with every playable character to ever be in Smash, alongside such iconic characters as Mario, Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud Strife, and Simon Belmont? Alongside fan favorites such as the Inklings, Ridley, King K. Rool, Isabelle, Joker, and the Hero from Dragon Quest? What a time to be alive.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I just realized at some point along the way, I stopped posting here because of the discord server was quicker to access to discuss about Banjo & Kazooie chances and rumors. But I can't believe I forgot to come back here when the reveal happened to join the celebration. I'm super, super late, but I just want to say how happy I am that they are on Smash and I can't wait for fall to play them. And also, fingers crossed all this buzz finally brings them an oportunity for a new game of their own.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's a working translation, but I'm surprised that Sakurai mentions the issue with Banjo & Kazooie was Nintendo and Microsoft being rivals--contrasting to Phil Spencer, who said it was an easy deal on his end. Can't wait until the full article is published and translated.

ze9

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah, non-stacked it won't be a perfect rectangle. But stacked, the 3 Miis become one Mii slot, and there's four slots for the remaining DLC characters.
Unless I'm missing the point you're making, stacked makes a perfect rectangle without sacrificing Miis. This is my ideal way to display, given a) I'm not a fan of echoes b) I, too, don't like Miis taking up 3 slots, so I was happy to see stacked combines them c) I like having a perfect rectangle, so after the next four DLC characters are released, it will be.
Ah, I see. Then there's two ways to make the perfect rectangle. Stacked with Miis, or unstacked without Miis.
Guess it's lose-lose for me. Losing the Miis is a shame, but I don't want to stack Echoes :/

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ah, I see. Then there's two ways to make the perfect rectangle. Stacked with Miis, or unstacked without Miis.
Guess it's lose-lose for me. Losing the Miis is a shame, but I don't want to stack Echoes :/
Understandable. My friend's the same way--really only because he likes Daisy, he doesn't care about the other echoes. Whereas I'm similar, but I'm perfectly fine stacking Daisy for a perfect grid and one Mii slot. It would be nice if you could choose what stacks, that would be the most ideal.

For me, though, my biggest gripe with the roster is I'm forced to have the DLC characters my friend bought. I like Joker and would keep him, but am not a fan of Plant being on there. Ideally I'd have a 11x5 grid, removing the echoes, redundant characters, and some I'm not a fan of. Would make Smashdown much more fun for me, personally. Luckily my partner didn't get Plant, so on my account on his Switch, I can do that (with the caveat that he lives in the Netherlands :chuckle:).

tl;dr I'm incredibly picky and shouldn't care at all about this. BANJO & KAZOOIE'S IN SMASH!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It's a working translation, but I'm surprised that Sakurai mentions the issue with Banjo & Kazooie was Nintendo and Microsoft being rivals--contrasting to Phil Spencer, who said it was an easy deal on his end. Can't wait until the full article is published and translated.

I want to know who was more difficult to add. Was it The Hero because of all the companies they had to talk to. Or Banjo and Kazooie due to the rivalry between Nintendo and Microsoft.

Really looking forward to that read.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That sounds dumb since Nintendo fell in love with Minecraft after Microsoft acquired it and Banjo-Kazooie (and Rare in general) were with Nintendo before.

Nintendo and their strange, silly ways. Hopefully they cast this dumb "rivalry" aside for the future.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Maybe Sakurai is not talking about the negotiation process per se (that seems to have been quick and smooth), but just about what Banjo's situation was in general.
We all know he would've gotten in Smash way sooner if the Rare buyout didn't happen, and a collaboration like the one Nintendo, Rare and Microsoft just did is still pretty much unprecedented in the videogame market.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

"quite easily"

well I guess Nintendo and Microsoft will continue being buddies in the future, hopefully...

edit: all this info makes it seem Sakurai wasn't really aware of how Nintendo's relationship with Microsoft has been, and he's just sharing opinions. I guess I have no reason to worry.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

I think Phil was referring to how easy it was to simply give the rights over where Sakurai is referring to actually going to Phil/Microsoft/Rare. That's how I interpret it at least.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think Phil was referring to how easy it was to simply give the rights over where Sakurai is referring to actually going to Phil/Microsoft/Rare. That's how I interpret it at least.
That's how I interpreted it as well--at first I thought it was an issue on Nintendo's end. But when PushDustin's full translations came out (and to reiterate what he said, they aren't direct quotes), it seems like he was talking about the difficulties in the past, since this time it was much easier. So I think he was referring to the old Microsoft when it comes to the difficulties.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
That was a good read. Some considerations...

There is actually a restriction on which DQ protagonists can fight with each other, but Smash was given special permission.
Microsoft and Nintendo are rivals in the console space. It's usually thought that you shouldn't help our your rivals. However, this time they were able to get the character quite easily.
These are pretty much confirmation that Sakurai now has enough clout in the industry to basically do whatever he wants. This makes me very happy, Smash has come so far since the N64 days...
Also, we already knew about how Phil was truly genuine and how Nintendo and Microsft's relationship is very good right now, but this is further confirmation.

The day has finally come when Sakurai could work on Dragon Quest.
While Banjo and Kazooie was originally an N64 game, and their inclusion should've been a natural one,
I think that thing about Nintendo being the one who selected the characters without Sakurai's input doesn't really sound plausible anymore. Banjo and the Hero both sound like characters that he has been thinking about for a long time, and we know he liked Persona 5 a lot.

BK were incredibly request by fans in the West for a long time. Even after King K. Rool and Ridley, requests were still coming in.
Great job, all of you :')

Sakurai would also like to thank Rare for their assistance as well. Thanks to them, Sakurai was able to satisfy many fan's requests.
And great job, everyone who made this possible. I'm still so happy :')

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, you can't make the argument for Conker not getting in due to toilet humor anymore, because guess what? The Rare logo is toilet humor. :p

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/random_rares_logo_is_actually_a_golden_toilet_roll

I'm pretty sure the only reason Daisy got in at all was due to Super Mario Run being the first "real" mainline Mario game she was included since Land.

And if that's true, then Waluigi STILL can't get in if he doesn't get that status by Smash 6.

I mean, Phil and NOA are an arm's throw away from each other. Meanwhile, Sakurai had to fly to the other side of the pond, most likely.

That being said...

This is Sakurai's personal opinion but he doesn't really care for console wars. No matter what kind of consoles come out, if there are enjoyable games, Sakurai will always respect that.
Confirmed. C O N F I R M E D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom