• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
You know what, thinking about it, he could be adapted... he's got a slingshot and a frying pan. He can transform into an anvil. He had a companion dinosaur for a while. And he also rode a pitchfork. And it looks like firearms are allowed now. The up B could be Gregg's hand carrying him around. Still acceptable for Smash but kind of weird for a cute squirrel.
And they could choose a more suitable stage, like the War or even the Rock Solid Club or, as boring as it is, Windy.
They also could get away with some reference to the more mature stuff. Like, his entrance animation could be Conker being already on the battlefied collapsed on the ground, then he wakes up and he gets up while stumbling and shaking his head, saying "it's gonna be one of those days...", and that's it for the alcoholism part.

Heh. He could work.
But still, toning him down would be kind of sad. I think Conker worked best when he was a Nintendo character. He looked just as innocent as Mario, Pikachu or Banjo but then he had all this gross and mature stuff. As a character he's hilarious on his own, but when you associate him with the usual Nintendo crew he becomes hysterical. If he ever gets in Smash, he should have all that stuff.
Honestly I think if they really lampshaded them toning it down it would take away some of the sting. Like make him outright say he has to tone it down for the kids or something. I mean he tears down the fourth wall at the end of Bad Fur Day. His trailer could have him talking to the devs.

"What all am I allowed to say? [pauses] "Dang? That's it?" [looks down at the ground and shakes his head] "Dang."

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm aware that Phil Spencer said he was open to allowing more currently Rare-owned characters in Smash... But I'd wager that we won't be seeing any more.

I've seen little to no support for any Rare characters other than Banjo & Kazooie. Combine that with the fact no Rare IPs even come close to the connection B-K has with Nintendo, plus their lack of popularity in Japan... I don't know, maybe I'm just bias because my personal connection with Rare characters is only DK and BK, but I can't ever see it happening.

If Microsoft gets another character either in the next Smash, or as more DLC, I think a Halo or a Minecraft character would be the front-runners.
I think that they would want to avoid having too many characters from Rare, so I feel like Banjo & Kazooie is supposed to represent Rare, especially with their tagline. As much as I'd love Conker (he would have to have his chainsaw). If we do get another Microsoft character, I would expect it to be Master Chief, but I doubt that as well. If we do get another Western-owned character, my hope and expectation would be Crash.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I think that they would want to avoid having too many characters from Rare, so I feel like Banjo & Kazooie is supposed to represent Rare, especially with their tagline. As much as I'd love Conker (he would have to have his chainsaw). If we do get another Microsoft character, I would expect it to be Master Chief, but I doubt that as well. If we do get another Western-owned character, my hope and expectation would be Crash.
But isn't this perfect?

Last edited by a moderator:

ze9

Smash Ace
Honestly I think if they really lampshaded them toning it down it would take away some of the sting. Like make him outright say he has to tone it down for the kids or something. I mean he tears down the fourth wall at the end of Bad Fur Day. His trailer could have him talking to the devs.

"What all am I allowed to say? [pauses] "Dang? That's it?" [looks down at the ground and shakes his head] "Dang."
That would be incredible.
Dang. Now I really want Conker :(

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I made one of these dubs for the K. Rool trailer, so it feels only right that I should do a sequel for Banjo:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I will say that I don't expect any more rare characters, either Microsoft or Nintendo owned. This fighter pass looks to be third-party only, So I'm just going to count Dixie out right now. And I don't expect anyone company to get more than one character, and if that did happen, I would expect it to be Geno as a special exception.
But if I were to have my pick of the litter, I would go with the Battletoads. Something about their movements in their own game has always made me feel like they're perfect for smash. They've got a jab combo down, many different options for smash attacks and tilts, Dash attacks, grabs and throws, the only thing even remotely tricky with the B come up with their specials, but I think soccer I could do it.
that being said the only character I'm all that attached to from rare is Conker, but I don't think he would work very well in Smash.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I honestly think Conker's Bad Fur Day is kind of overrated. Not bad by any means, but there are a lot of segments where the gameplay just isn't fun and you keep going just to progress the story. I'm thinking Bats Tower and that horrible underwater segment (I keep wanting to call it Down the Drain but that's from Earthworm Jim, innit?). Even some of the good segments like It's War are practically unplayable in spots.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
But isn't this perfect?
Would love to see that--Banjo and Conker are my favorite Rare characters, and ever since Diddy Kong Racing, felt like they belonged together.

I will say that I don't expect any more rare characters, either Microsoft or Nintendo owned. This fighter pass looks to be third-party only, So I'm just going to count Dixie out right now. And I don't expect anyone company to get more than one character, and if that did happen, I would expect it to be Geno as a special exception.
But if I were to have my pick of the litter, I would go with the Battletoads. Something about their movements in their own game has always made me feel like they're perfect for smash. They've got a jab combo down, many different options for smash attacks and tilts, Dash attacks, grabs and throws, the only thing even remotely tricky with the B come up with their specials, but I think soccer I could do it.
that being said the only character I'm all that attached to from rare is Conker, but I don't think he would work very well in Smash.
I don't expect multiple characters from the same company as well, though I could see some exceptions. Geno, I feel is the most likely--while owned by Square, feels like to many like a Mario character (like Banjo & Kazooie feel like a Nintendo character). Doesn't change the legal realities, but I could see that being a last DLC character. While not huge for a general audience, I feel like they would put their most marketable characters first to sell the pass, and leave fan favorites for the last couple, Banjo & Kazooie being in the middle. I feel like that's a safe expectation--would disappoint most people, but would go over well with Smash fans.

A second character I could see is Sora, as it's owned primarily by Disney, not Square. Would be a good character if they wanted to "top" Banjo, though I would expect them to show Sora closer to the first 3 fighters, again, to sell the pass. And I could see Master Chief, as Banjo & Kazooie are more Rare-oriented, Master Chief seems like a next step after that, and would break the internet. While I'm skeptical of multiple characters from the same company, Microsoft is slightly unique only having one character--for all we know, the next two characters could be Bandai Namco and another Microsoft character.

I expect, however, only one character per company. I'm rooting for Crash, but I'm also doubtful of another Western-owned character. But, thankfully, my dream pick is in, so I can sit back and relax. I'd be fine, personally, with no more leaks--would be nice to go into the final characters fresh, as I no longer have the lingering anxiety about Banjo & Kazooie--though, I know for others whose characters are still not in, it's not over for them, and welcome them if they happen.

EDIT:
I honestly think Conker's Bad Fur Day is kind of overrated. Not bad by any means, but there are a lot of segments where the gameplay just isn't fun and you keep going just to progress the story. I'm thinking Bats Tower and that horrible underwater segment (I keep wanting to call it Down the Drain but that's from Earthworm Jim, innit?). Even some of the good segments like It's War are practically unplayable in spots.
I have to agree to a certain extent--I like the character and what he represents more than actually playing his game. Feels sluggish, not a fan of story-driven games where you're forced into a certain progression. I appreciate the character for the humor and having a mature Nintendo icon. Would love a new game, with better controls, and more freedom in the actual gameplay.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
My fondness for Conker would probably be much lower if I didn't have the Nostalgia for it, having played it at launch. Last year I Revisited the game for the first time in over 15 years I think? I still had fun with it, but I probably wouldn't put it in my top 5 N64 games. The humor definitely doesn't hold up for me either, save for a few things that, funny enough, aren't really about the crudeness.

Still in my top 10 though. Because though the single player campaign is okay at best, I could get absorbed into the multiplayer for hours, and God bless them for including a player vs. CPU option. Too few games allow for that back then. Hack there are some games I wish I did that nowadays. Sometimes I want something a little more controllable then random humans across the world. Splatoon would be great if I could just drop off of online, and have some matches where I was promised with absolute certainty that there would be no idle players or squid flopping parties or sabotage or whatever.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
To think, when Banjo and Kazooie arrive, you can use them in WoL.

Gonna go into the final battle with Donkey Kong, Diddy and the Duo. It's gonna be beautiful!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The problem with Conker is he's incredibly obscure in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if people associate him more with Diddy Kong Racing then his own game, especially since Conker didn't get his game there until the Xbox. And we all know how big Microsoft is there.

Seriously, the two most successful Microsoft ips in Japan are Minecraft and Banjo I'm pretty sure.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Heh. He could work. Moveset-wise, the only obvious thing he'd be missing is the pee.
But still, toning him down would be kind of sad. I think Conker worked best when he was a Nintendo character. He looked just as innocent as Mario, Pikachu or Banjo but then he had all this gross and mature stuff. As a character he's hilarious on his own, but when you associate him with the usual Nintendo crew he becomes hysterical. If he ever gets in Smash, he should have all that stuff.
*sigh* That's the kicker isn't it? obligatory if only the Rare buyout didn't happen, etc. etc. Of course, we can't possibly know what would or wouldn't have happened from then to now if Nintendo bought Rare or if Rare at least stayed as close 2nd party associates, but of course we know Chris Seavor and friends were planning a Conker sequel, before he got older and his humor and tastes matured. If that had happened, and him and Banjo remained close to Nintendo (With Conker 2 possibly gracing the Game Cube), and Nintendo and Smash generally stayed the course with more risqué characters like Bayo, Joker, etc., we could surmise Conker would've been here by now in some alternate timeline. But alas, no use lamenting what could have happened, the fact Banjo is here now is already pretty big. We already know Smash can't fulfill everyone's wishes, even as we approach 80-90 characters, but the future still looks bright for us Rare fans, and here's hoping that the visceral reaction to Banjo's return means the future can only become brighter.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
In the alternate timeline where Rare stayed with Nintendo, we probably would have gotten Banjo alongside Diddy in Brawl. Assuming B-K as a series stayed popular, Mumbo I think would be next in line for Smash 4 (Smash has always favored sidekicks before antagonists). After that, I think Gruntilda would have been in a trio alongside Ridley and K. Rool as highly-requested villains for Ultimate. It's also possible Conker could have worked his way in there at some point, too, maybe even Joanna Dark.

Sadly, we don't live in that timeline, but hey, ~11 months ago the only Rare-related characters in Smash were DK and Diddy. Now we got K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie in there too. It's wild, and I'm still coming to terms with it after years of waiting and wishing. I don't think it'll really truly hit me until I'm playing them in-game.

ze9

Smash Ace
Banjo and Kazooie being in still feels surreal.
Like, Nintendo actually went to Microsoft and asked them to use one of their characters in Smash. And Microsoft agreed. They had Rare work with Sakurai on these characters that they haven't been wanting to use in a decade, and they even brought back Kirkhope. All just for the fans.
To me it's way more mindblowing than Snake or Cloud could ever be.

I can't wait to play as them, to take a good deep look at Spiral Mountain and to listen to that sweet Gruntilda's Lair remix. Man, I've been wanting that song in Smash for so long...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Although "hell" and "bloody" are allowed, according to some Bayonetta and F-Zero content. :pWell, sometimes, poor DK Rap...

Did Nintendo ever own the Rare IPs besides Banjo?
Besides Donkey Kong Country staying with them forever, just about everything in the 64 era, yeah.

Then there's Anticipation, it'd be hilarious if they referenced THAT with a spirit...

The problem with Conker is he's incredibly obscure in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if people associate him more with Diddy Kong Racing then his own game, especially since Conker didn't get his game there until the Xbox. And we all know how big Microsoft is there.

Seriously, the two most successful Microsoft ips in Japan are Minecraft and Banjo I'm pretty sure.
So yeah, a :ultridley: needs to be pulled here for a significant push.

At least for the Battletoads, it's a little easier since they are getting a new game, even if it's not the prettiest one.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well it looks like everyone desperately wants to play as Dixie Kong which is understandable. I'm more of a Donkey Kong Country 1 fan myself so I can't relate to the outcry but I can understand why she is important.

My main point is that there so many other characters from other video game franchises that could use the spot on the roster more than a character that is there for the sake of filling the gaps. If people truly want that character, fair enough but there should at least be a sizeable audience for that character for people to want to root for them. Dixie has that but Conker doesn't so do we really need Conker to join Smash when we can have a more requested character with a better moveset to visualise?

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
....there should at least be a sizeable audience for that character for people to want to root for them. Dixie has that but Conker doesn't so do we really need Conker to join Smash when we can have a more requested character with a better moveset to visualise?
I have Banjo and Kazooie. I'll gladly welcome anyone else at this point. Besides, every character has a fanbase somewhere, regardless of size. Who's to say which is more important than the other? I'd rather like seeing more underdog picks actually. (Kinda exciting being able to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the pass reveals :))

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
To think, when Banjo and Kazooie arrive, you can use them in WoL.

Gonna go into the final battle with Donkey Kong, Diddy and the Duo. It's gonna be beautiful!
Do they actually add anything for the DLC characters, though? Or is it just after unlocking 10 spirits you can use them? I didn't have any interest in playing WoL, but if they added stuff for Banjo & Kazooie I'd probably be curious about trying it out--not expecting that, though.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So, I've been doing a lot of thinking about the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies finally being in Smash and with Squad Strike, I can finally have the ultimate dream teams of Smash! So, I'm curious, what characters would be your ultimate 3x3 or 5x5 teams?

For 3x3 its:
:ultmario::ultkingdedede::ultbanjokazooie:(I CANNOT BELIEVE I CAN FINALLY PUT THEIR LOGOS NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER!!!)

For 5x5, its:
:ultmario:(64):ultmewtwo:(Melee) :ultkingdedede:(Brawl) either :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac:or :ultpacman:(Wii U & Nintendo 3DS) :ultbanjokazooie: (Ultimate)

One representative for each iteration of Smash ^^

How about you all?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Do they actually add anything for the DLC characters, though? Or is it just after unlocking 10 spirits you can use them? I didn't have any interest in playing WoL, but if they added stuff for Banjo & Kazooie I'd probably be curious about trying it out--not expecting that, though.
You just get DLC Fighters after unlocking 10 fighters. It also applies retroactively.

ze9

Smash Ace
Plant and Joker got nothing. They just show up after you unlock 10 fighters and that's it. But I'd like to play the entire World of Light just as Banjo & Kazooie.
Though, at least, we'll get a Classic Mode route and a dedicated spirit board. DLC characters really bring a lot of content this time. They don't even really feel like add-ons.

I did Classic at 9.9 eith every character (twice), I'm looking forward to add bear & bird to the list.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Plant and Joker got nothing. They just show up after you unlock 10 fighters and that's it. But I'd like to play the entire World of Light just as Banjo & Kazooie.
Though, at least, we'll get a Classic Mode route and a dedicated spirit board. DLC characters really bring a lot of content this time. They don't even really feel like add-ons.

I did Classic at 9.9 eith every character (twice), I'm looking forward to add bear & bird to the list.
People have mentioned the DLC spirit board before, which was what I was thinking of when wondering if they added stuff for DLC stuff. What exactly does that entail? A new area? Or just playing the game as the characters?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, I've been doing a lot of thinking about the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies finally being in Smash and with Squad Strike, I can finally have the ultimate dream teams of Smash! So, I'm curious, what characters would be your ultimate 3x3 or 5x5 teams?

For 3x3 its:
:ultmario::ultkingdedede::ultbanjokazooie:(I CANNOT BELIEVE I CAN FINALLY PUT THEIR LOGOS NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER!!!)

For 5x5, its:
:ultmario:(64):ultmewtwo:(Melee) :ultkingdedede:(Brawl) either :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac:or :ultpacman:(Wii U & Nintendo 3DS) :ultbanjokazooie: (Ultimate)

How about you all?
3x3: :ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker::ultyounglink:
5x5: :ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker::ultyounglink::ultpalutena: and either :ultyoshi:, :ultkrool: or :ultpokemontrainer: for last.

You just get DLC Fighters after unlocking 10 fighters. It also applies retroactively.
Didn't Joker require 20 characters though? I think the DLC characters require increasing amounts of characters. Wouldn't Hero require 30 and Banjo 40?

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
People have mentioned the DLC spirit board before, which was what I was thinking of when wondering if they added stuff for DLC stuff. What exactly does that entail? A new area? Or just playing the game as the characters?
Ah, that's not inside World of Light.
There's a new button that shows up inside the Spirits menu, just under the regular Spirit Board. Right now it only has Persona spirits (they're 11 to be exact), contrary to the normal Spirit Board you can play against them anytime you like and you don't have to catch them with the gun after you defeat them.
In fact, you can kinda pretend it's a section of World of Light. It's basically like the DKC or the Street Fighter sections but without a map connecting the battles. Joker's board even has an exclusive background based on Mementos and Persona music, I guess Banjo and the Heroes will get the same treatment.

I think you should have it in your menu even if you haven't bought any DLC. You can't access it, though.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ah, that's not inside World of Light.
There's a new button that shows up inside the Spirits menu, just under the regular Spirit Board. Right now it only has Persona spirits (they're 11 to be exact), contrary to the normal Spirit Board you can play against them anytime you like and you don't have to catch them with the gun after you defeat them.
In fact, you can kinda pretend it's a section of World of Light. It's basically like the DKC or the Street Fighter section but without a map connecting the battles.

I think you should have it in your menu even if you haven't bought any DLC. You can't access it, though.
Ah, gotchya. Yeah, I have the DLC, but haven't really looked too much into Spirits. I saw a bit of people playing WoL before and, to be perfectly frank, getting bored of it. It's a shame they don't add DLC characters to it since the format seems to be perfect for making easy additions to it (unlike a real story mode). Especially since, as you said, they have the battles.

When I was thinking of a single player experience my hope was a platforming adventure with Smash battles in between, to add more variety to the gameplay. Something like the Mario-verse being World 1, Zelda-verse being World 2, taking the assets/assists/bosses from those games they already have to make it feel like a Smash-version of playing those games. As it is, I just have more fun playing multiplayer against a computer than the single-player experience.

All that having been said, they've certainly done a lot with DLC characters to make them feel like one of the regular characters. I'm glad they all come with a stage, music and Mii costumes, did not expect them to have CGI trailers or be added to the mural, and am so happy about that. And they even got Grant to do a re-mix for Banjo & Kazooie, an honor which I certainly did not expect, and so even if the music selection is less given they're DLC characters, Grant doing a re-mix certainly makes it worth it. Even though I want to be honest with the aspects I'm not particularly a fan of, I don't in anyway want to make it seem like I'm not satisfied with what we already have--I'm really happy with their content as it's already surpassed my expectations.

ze9

Smash Ace
Ah, gotchya. Yeah, I have the DLC, but haven't really looked too much into Spirits. I saw a bit of people playing WoL before and, to be perfectly frank, getting bored of it. It's a shame they don't add DLC characters to it since the format seems to be perfect for making easy additions to it (unlike a real story mode). Especially since, as you said, they have the battles.

When I was thinking of a single player experience my hope was a platforming adventure with Smash battles in between, to add more variety to the gameplay. Something like the Mario-verse being World 1, Zelda-verse being World 2, taking the assets/assists/bosses from those games they already have to make it feel like a Smash-version of playing those games. As it is, I just have more fun playing multiplayer against a computer than the single-player experience.

All that having been said, they've certainly done a lot with DLC characters to make them feel like one of the regular characters. I'm glad they all come with a stage, music and Mii costumes, did not expect them to have CGI trailers or be added to the mural, and am so happy about that. And they even got Grant to do a re-mix for Banjo & Kazooie, an honor which I certainly did not expect, and so even if the music selection is less given they're DLC characters, Grant doing a re-mix certainly makes it worth it. Even though I want to be honest with the aspects I'm not particularly a fan of, I don't in anyway want to make it seem like I'm not satisfied with what we already have--I'm really happy with their content as it's already surpassed my expectations.
I agree, World of Light is kinda boring. I mean, the references are cute, but after the 300th one they start to pass you by.
The second half (World of Dark) is way better, though. Still far away from something like Subspace, but you start to interact with the maps in a more meaningful way (the Zelda and Castlevania sections actually have some good puzzles), the level design is way more focused and you get fighters at a quicker pace, I actually found it very enjoyable. Ah, and the final boss/final section is really great. Easily better than the one SSE had.
I'm not sure if I'd say that it makes up for the draggy first half, though.

But yes, it's kinda nitpicking. I'm 100% satisfied with the contents of this game. (ok, 99%. I still want Dixie, lol)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Besides, every character has a fanbase somewhere, regardless of size. Who's to say which is more important than the other?
Understandable. It's just the huger fanbases are the ones who have been requesting characters for a long time like Geno, Sora, Dixie, etc. Sure it's nice to get a character that people have just started to request for Smash Bros but it can be a kick in the face for those who have been supporting a long requested character. That's just what I'm getting at.

For 3x3 its:

For 5x5, its:

How about you all?
This will be fun! :^)

5x5
64::ultmario:
Melee::ultroy:
Brawl::ultrob: or :ultmetaknight: or :ultwolf:
Smash Wii U::ultmegaman: or :ultcloud:(None of the Smash 4 newcomers really click with me)
Ultimate::ultbanjokazooie:

3x3
:ultmario::ultroy::ultbanjokazooie:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

For 3x3 its:

For 5x5, its:

How about you all?
I've been waiting for this as well--there's always been a space missing that I've been saving for Banjo & Kazooie.

For Smash Games: :ultlink: (64) :ultmewtwo: (Melee) :ultsonic: (Brawl) :ultmegaman: (Wii U) :ultbanjokazooie: (Ultimate)
Favorites: :ultlink::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultbanjokazooie: (It is so satisfying putting their logos next to each other)

I agree, World of Light is kinda boring. I mean, the references are cute, but after the 300th one they start to pass you by.
The second half (World of Dark) is way better, though. Still far away from something like Subspace, but you start to interact with the maps in a more meaningful way (the Zelda and Castlevania sections actually have some good puzzles), the level design is way more focused and you get fighters at a quicker pace, I actually found it very enjoyable. Ah, and the final boss/final section is really great. Easily better than the one SSE had.
I'm not sure if I'd say that it makes up for the draggy first half, though.

But yes, it's kinda nitpicking. I'm 100% satisfied with the contents of this game. (ok, 99%. I still want Dixie, lol)
Yeah, that's how I feel. I'll probably try the Adventure Mode if they ever get around to adding DLC sections after the fighter's pass is done (I don't expect it, but I leave it open as a possibility). Just like amiibo, having Banjo & Kazooie being a part might be the extra motivation I need to try it out. As it is now, I'm satisfied that the roster's complete for me.

Well, there are still some first party characters that feel missing, Dixie being the most prominent. And Steve agrees!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
thought this was a nice piece as well
GORGEOUS PIECE. I legit want this as a poster to hang on my wall. Only thing it needs is the Smash Ultimate logo at the bottom like the other previous posters.

Understandable. It's just the huger fanbases are the ones who have been requesting characters for a long time like Geno, Sora, Dixie, etc. Sure it's nice to get a character that people have just started to request for Smash Bros but it can be a kick in the face for those who have been supporting a long requested character. That's just what I'm getting at.

This will be fun! :^)

5x5
64::ultmario:
Melee::ultroy:
Brawl::ultrob: or :ultmetaknight: or :ultwolf:
Smash Wii U::ultmegaman: or :ultcloud:(None of the Smash 4 newcomers really click with me)
Ultimate::ultbanjokazooie:

3x3
:ultmario::ultroy::ultbanjokazooie:
3x3: :ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker::ultyounglink:
5x5: :ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker::ultyounglink::ultpalutena: and either :ultyoshi:, :ultkrool: or :ultpokemontrainer: for last.

Didn't Joker require 20 characters though? I think the DLC characters require increasing amounts of characters. Wouldn't Hero require 30 and Banjo 40?
I've been waiting for this as well--there's always been a space missing that I've been saving for Banjo & Kazooie.

For Smash Games: :ultlink: (64) :ultmewtwo: (Melee) :ultsonic: (Brawl) :ultmegaman: (Wii U) :ultbanjokazooie: (Ultimate)
Favorites: :ultlink::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultbanjokazooie: (It is so satisfying putting their logos next to each other)

Yeah, that's how I feel. I'll probably try the Adventure Mode if they ever get around to adding DLC sections after the fighter's pass is done (I don't expect it, but I leave it open as a possibility). Just like amiibo, having Banjo & Kazooie being a part might be the extra motivation I need to try it out. As it is now, I'm satisfied that the roster's complete for me.

Well, there are still some first party characters that feel missing, Dixie being the most prominent. And Steve agrees!

Great teams, the lot of ya! Glad to see Banjo-Kazooie as a part of them <3

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Got some exciting news for you all this time! The letters were snail mailed out to Nintendo of America and Microsoft yesterday, but because it was uncertain if they'd get to where they needed to be, I decided to follow up on the digital front as well. Phil Spencer is an active member of the gaming community, (as well as him being the Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft), so I started there. I wasn't expecting an email back so soon as I emailed him less than 24 hours ago, so imagine my surprise when I checked my email! Included below (and in the ongoing album https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe) is our interaction.

Banjo Phil.jpg

Banjo Phil 2.jpg

Banjo Grant.jpg

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Got some exciting news for you all this time! The letters were snail mailed out to Nintendo of America and Microsoft yesterday, but because it was uncertain if they'd get to where they needed to be, I decided to follow up on the digital front as well. Phil Spencer is an active member of the gaming community, (as well as him being the Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft), so I started there. I wasn't expecting an email back so soon as I emailed him less than 24 hours ago, so imagine my surprise when I checked my email! Included below (and in the ongoing album https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe) is our interaction.

Warms my heart. It was quite an endeavor of many different people and companies working in unison to make this happen, and I'm glad there are people like you to help share our gratitude to those who were involved. Thanks!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
And the good news keeps coming! Grant Kirkhope, music composer of the original two games, also replied! To see Grant happy with the whole situation makes me smile as well. Updating the album linked above with these images.

Banjo Grant 1.jpg

Banjo Grant 2.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey, that's fine man, most of us are in it for the long game. No matter what it takes. I should know, since I've been around since the series' inception.

And Smash 4 was easily more devastating for morale than this game, after the ballot ended. Could have been worse in this case.

It's only a loss when you completely give up on your character ever getting in.

I have Banjo and Kazooie. I'll gladly welcome anyone else at this point. Besides, every character has a fanbase somewhere, regardless of size. Who's to say which is more important than the other? I'd rather like seeing more underdog picks actually. (Kinda exciting being able to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the pass reveals :))
This. At least Conker is lucky to have some people noticing him even without TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself having to prod things as much, there's barely any people who support Higgins and Bonk, for example.

And the good news keeps coming! Grant Kirkhope, music composer of the original two games, also replied! To see Grant happy with the whole situation makes me smile as well. Updating the album linked above with these images.

Sweet. Also, thank you again for contacting Krazy Bones, I'm proud of ya.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
This. At least Conker is lucky to have some people noticing him even without TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself having to prod things as much
...not gonna lie, this sentence made me laugh a bit because of their username.

there's barely any people who support Higgins and Bonk, for example.
If Konami ever gets their Arcade God character like Namco did (I think Frogger could suit that role), it would be perfect to have moves referencing these two.

But yeah, being a Smash fan often means waiting for a long while, but not giving up is worth it. I mean, look where not giving up for 20 years got us... the impossible basically happened because the community didn't give up.

Top Bottom