• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

BZocky

Smash Ace
A few days ago a user on PidgiWiki uploaded these really high quality 90's Banjo renders which I assume are scanned from a press kit, including the box art without any text or overlays. I'd never seen the one where they're on the Jiggies before.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
For me personally, I think it's fine casually calling the duo Banjo--in a default state, Kazooie's in the backpack, so it does make sense. But it's good even when calling them "Banjo" to remember Kazooie does all the work.

And for those who aren't as familiar with the series, it'll be great for them to play Banjo & Kazooie and realize what a bad *** she is, and how much of a pushover Banjo is. They'll learn in due time. :chuckle:
Kazooie don't put up with anyone's guff, and she ain't got time to sugarcoat anything. She's a bird on a mission and she's the best.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah sure we got to 700. But gosh you guys. Our bear and bird get in and we are still 321 pages off from the Geno thread. We need to step up our game.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah sure we got to 700. But gosh you guys. Our bear and bird get in and we are still 321 pages off from the Geno thread. We need to step up our game.
The Geno thread will slow down once it becomes a social thread. That will be the chance for this thread to catch up.

Granted, the page gap between the two will expand times 5 billion by then when Geno is confirmed.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So is the Totaku figure. Which seems kinda pointless now that the amiibo will be out without the next year.
The operational phrase being "next year"--they want to get some of that sweet Banjo & Kazooie merch sales in now, so that next year everyone double up when the amiibo comes around.

Though, not me, unfortunately, as I have $0 and am saving up for the season pass. :lol: I did, however, say that if Banjo & Kazooie got into Smash, their amiibo would be the first one I ever buy, which is a huge change from my cynical view of them a year ago.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
So I can't be the only one annoyed with how Banjo-Kazooie's abbreviation has become "Banjo." Why not just BK? What's worse is that in SO many reactions people have said "He's in! He's in Smash!" It's THEY! They're a dual character! It's like Kazooie doesn't even exist just because she's named second in the title... SHE MAKES UP LIKE 90% OF THEIR ATTACKS YOU KNOW! :c
Well, that's how you id people who aren't really big on the BK series.

At least for me, Kazooie has always been the showstopper. Banjo is a goofy, adorable fella, but so are many many other characters in gaming. Kazooie is a snarky, shady, hilarious ***** and I love her so much for it. Her chemistry and dynamics with Bottles, Mumbo, Klungo and Jamjars are top notch. In the games, I absolutely loved playing as solo Kaz. When you get to use Glide for the very first time in the Icicle Grotto part of Hailfire Peaks, you'll feel free and fulfilled. That's honestly my favorite part about Banjo Tooie.
I think I'm one of the few people who like Banjo more than Kazooie. I like Kazooie too, of course, but I don't think she's that funny, and a lot of the time she's a little too mean. I don't think you could get away with a nominally heroic character making fun of Bottles' disability these days.

Banjo and Kazooie do bring out the best in each other, though. Especially in Tooie. In Banjo-Kazooie, Kazooie would say something rude and then Banjo would just say "Kazooie!!!" and change the subject. In Tooie, there's a lot more riffing and banter. Their conversations with Bottles's family and the pigs in Jolly Roger's Lagoon in particular are gold. There are so many little hidden conversations in that game in general. (If you've never bought fries from Salty Joe as Banjo alone, I highly recommend it.)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
An update on the letter! https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe

I'll be adding and probably modifying that once I get more pictures. I hope to get some in better lighting conditions of the letter and whatnot, but I did want to share with you guys now as well. I plan on mailing it midday at the USPS tomorrow (Monday). I'll definitely take pictures of the envelope and anything else along the way.

I planned on putting "Thousands of Banjo & Kazooie Fans" on the Return Address section of the letter, unless something else would be better. I'll put my own mailing address for the actual address part in case we actually get a response from either Nintendo or Microsoft.

Once I get all of that done I believe there was interest in pushing this out on a digital front too. I did plan on emailing Nintendo and Microsoft a digital copy of the final letter, which I'll share here as well once I find a permanent place to host it. (Though maybe my personal Google Drive is fine after all?)

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
An update on the letter! https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe

I'll be adding and probably modifying that once I get more pictures. I hope to get some in better lighting conditions of the letter and whatnot, but I did want to share with you guys now as well. I plan on mailing it midday at the USPS tomorrow (Monday). I'll definitely take pictures of the envelope and anything else along the way.

I planned on putting "Thousands of Banjo & Kazooie Fans" on the Return Address section of the letter, unless something else would be better. I'll put my own mailing address for the actual address part in case we actually get a response from either Nintendo or Microsoft.

Once I get all of that done I believe there was interest in pushing this out on a digital front too. I did plan on emailing Nintendo and Microsoft a digital copy of the final letter, which I'll share here as well once I find a permanent place to host it. (Though maybe my personal Google Drive is fine after all?)
Love it! Absolutely glorious.

Thanks again to you and all others who worked together to make such an amazing gesture possible :)

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
A few days ago a user on PidgiWiki uploaded these really high quality 90's Banjo renders which I assume are scanned from a press kit, including the box art without any text or overlays. I'd never seen the one where they're on the Jiggies before.
I've been looking through all the old renders from Kazooie and Tooie recently and that one doesn't look familiar to me either.
Neat. Thanks for sharing them here!

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Thanks to whoever shared the Totaku preorder again! Had to snag an order of my own as soon as it was available. Don’t know when it’ll get here since I have no idea when they’ll be available again but I really hope it comes out before Banjo & Kazooie do in the Fall so I can have them FINALLY in my collection alongside my amiibo figures which you can be DAMN sure I’ll be getting that Banjo-Kazooie one as soon as it gets announced whenever next year hopefully. They’re gonna look so good next to Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, King Dedede, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu! I’m thinking about also getting Ridley, King K. Rool, and Simon Belmont at some point as well! Also HAPPY 700 PAGES, BANJO-ROOS! I can’t believe we made this far, let alone with the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies FINALLY in Smash Bros. after DECADES of forced obscurity and retirement. Love you all!

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice

Actually I've seen that Talon Trot render only twice ever, and always wondered why it was so rare, so I am glad one of the series most iconic moves finally has a render. It was plastered several times across the Banjo Train, which if you've never heard of you really should look it up. It was a promotional event in Japan for the first game before it came out and the posters were I believe still there as of 2014. Its notable that there are 2 varients, 1 where Banjo is looking backover Kazooie's shoulder, and 1 where he is just not looking towards the viewer.
p243.jpg
p232.jpg

IMG-20180308-WA0002.jpg

The other is this set of playing cards, on card #2.
CIigFbA.jpg

Either way, very cool to finally see it in high quality! I am curious how Banjo & Kazooie will enter the stage, but I am guessing it'll either be a note door, a warp pad, or flying in. Also I wonder what their sleeping animation will be, many of the smash sleeping animations are pretty cute.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Incidentally, this is how I think BK escaped Galeem's onslaught.

After seeing their friends being vaporized by the Lord of Light's beams, Mumbo Jumbo and Humba Wumba turned to each other and nodded sternly, acknowledging they would have to work together and make sure at least one hope can survive this tragedy: the bear and bird duo. They combined their magic to create a special Warp Pad, and instructed Banjo and Kazooie to get on it, which Kazooie did without hesitation. Banjo sadly waved his friends goodbye, until Kazooie got impatient and dragged him onto the Warp Pad. As Banjo and Kazooie teleported away, the shamans tried to fight off the beams in vain...

The Geno thread will slow down once it becomes a social thread. That will be the chance for this thread to catch up.

Granted, the page gap between the two will expand times 5 billion by then when Geno is confirmed.
Depending on how much their faith fluctuates, anyway.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Actually I've seen that Talon Trot render only twice ever, and always wondered why it was so rare, so I am glad one of the series most iconic moves finally has a render. It was plastered several times across the Banjo Train, which if you've never heard of you really should look it up. It was a promotional event in Japan for the first game before it came out and the posters were I believe still there as of 2014. Its notable that there are 2 varients, 1 where Banjo is looking backover Kazooie's shoulder, and 1 where he is just not looking towards the viewer.
View attachment 229093View attachment 229096
View attachment 229095

The other is this set of playing cards, on card #2.
View attachment 229094

Either way, very cool to finally see it in high quality! I am curious how Banjo & Kazooie will enter the stage, but I am guessing it'll either be a note door, a warp pad, or flying in. Also I wonder what their sleeping animation will be, many of the smash sleeping animations are pretty cute.
How can anyone look at these cards and these promotional materials and not associate them with Nintendo? I know they're Microsoft characters NOW, but to me, they'll always be Nintendo. I'm so grateful to Sakurai, his crew, Nintendo, Phil Spencer, and everyone else involved who made their inclusion in Smash possible. The only problem is they should've been in already AGES ago. They fit so perfectly with everyone in the Smash crew.

I agree with FibreOpticBroadBeam, it'll probably be the Warp Pad from Banjo-Kazooie, although them popping out of a puzzle picture would be really cool too or even crashing down onto the field real quick before brushing themselves off lol and I don't know if it would work real well but it'd be real cute if Banjo rests with Kazooie in his backpack together when asleep haha

I also love this particular picture because all these characters seem like the people who would be most excited about them returning. Especially heartwarming to see Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man cheering them on. Mega Man and Captain Falcon even seem to have little smiles on their faces! Can't help though but think Diddy Kong's looking at Duck Hunt taunting them again with concern and being like "HEY. Those are my buddies you're messing with!"

1561379979832.png

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So is the Totaku figure. Which seems kinda pointless now that the amiibo will be out without the next year.
Maybe, maybe not. It will be more than a year since Ultimate's launch before all base game amiibos are released (Dark Samus, Chrom, Richter and Incineroar are specifically slated for 2020, and that's assuming they all release the same time). So far, the amiibo waves are 3 at a time. They'll finally be done with the cut character amiibos by September. The Ultimate base and DLC will probably be spread out over 2020, so it might be some time before Banjo's amiibo comes out, especially as the release order looks random (like how Plant was the 4th newcomer amiibo despite being DLC, or Pokemon Trainer is not together in the wave with Squirtle and Ivysaur). And there could be more amiibo plans, like alt Joker, female Robin or female PT. And that absurd year and a half gap between Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta DLC and amiibo.

All this to say: buy both Banjo figurines because its Banjo come on.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Nah to me diddys eyes are looking away ! not at duck hunt not at banjo he looks shocked at something but what ? he looks like he is staring out into the distence past the cast on the right

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Nah to me diddys eyes are looking away ! not at duck hunt not at banjo he looks shocked at something but what ? he looks like he is staring out into the distence past the cast on the right
Diddy is probably looking at Conker celebrating off camera. The squirrel is in, folks!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Maybe, maybe not. It will be more than a year since Ultimate's launch before all base game amiibos are released (Dark Samus, Chrom, Richter and Incineroar are specifically slated for 2020, and that's assuming they all release the same time). So far, the amiibo waves are 3 at a time. They'll finally be done with the cut character amiibos by September. The Ultimate base and DLC will probably be spread out over 2020, so it might be some time before Banjo's amiibo comes out, especially as the release order looks random (like how Plant was the 4th newcomer amiibo despite being DLC, or Pokemon Trainer is not together in the wave with Squirtle and Ivysaur). And there could be more amiibo plans, like alt Joker, female Robin or female PT. And that absurd year and a half gap between Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta DLC and amiibo.

This. If I see Banjo-Kazooie merch, I’m most likely getting it because it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I’ll probably kick myself if I don’t. :lol:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I'm not much of a merchandise collector which is one of the reasons I probably would have been incredibly disappointed if the Banjo Kazooie merchandising had nothing else to it. Thank goodness for the news that Banjo & Kazooie are in Super Smash Bros Ultimate came along with it.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well Phil said he would be OK with other rare IP in smash so Dixie Kong & Conker should be are next focuse for smash 6 (& dixie may come with a kiddy kong team up like sakurai tryed in brawl)

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Well Phil said he would be OK with other rare IP in smash so Dixie Kong & Conker should be are next focuse for smash 6 (& dixie may come with a kiddy kong team up like sakurai tryed in brawl)
Nintendo fully owns the Donkey Kong IP. They don't need Rare's permission to add Dixie.
Dixie should already be in the game, honestly. I'm in the minority but I would like to see her get DK's Up+B (except with her hair, of course) and DK get a new Up+B that spawns a barrel cannon. I don't feel like his games are represented enough in his moveset.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Planet Cool Planet Cool thats not what I ment we got K. Rool & Banjo this Smash, I was saying us banjo & Krool fans should band together to get Dixie in the base game & conker as DLC next smash

there rare made characters (one who is owned by rare)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I know I'll be in the minority on this but I'm good on Rare characters now. DK has Donkey, Diddy, and K Rool which I feel is all it needs and we have the poster boy for Rare should still be with Nintendo coming in fall. If Conker were to come I'd be excited but not someone I view as vital. So I'll be focusing on other characters I feel should be here more instead.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Planet Cool Planet Cool thats not what I ment we got K. Rool & Banjo this Smash, I was saying us banjo & Krool fans should band together to get Dixie in the base game & conker as DLC next smash

there rare made characters (one who is owned by rare)
We should really only ask for characters if we desperately want to play as them like Banjo & Kazooie. If we're only asking them just for the sake of having them in then what is the point?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
But I really want to play as dixie Kong (who should be in smash alrady IMO) & Conker tho....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the record, I want all the main playable Kongs (except Kiddy, meh), and maybe Kalypso if I feel crazy. At least this way I'd feel vindicated about the DK Rap being butchered, and most of the DK Crew being absent.

As for other series, I'll be perfectly satisfied with Metroid as soon as Sylux gets in. Also, Yoshi's pal Poochy.

Expecting anything for Pokémon is a lost cause to me, so I'll just be praying that my fave starter from the latest gen gets in.

That being said, people will want to fill up the power vacuum left by a huge want getting in, so there's not much we can do about that.

I know I'll be in the minority on this but I'm good on Rare characters now. DK has Donkey, Diddy, and K Rool which I feel is all it needs and we have the poster boy for Rare should still be with Nintendo coming in fall. If Conker were to come I'd be excited but not someone I view as vital. So I'll be focusing on other characters I feel should be here more instead.
The Kirby fans said something to that effect back in the Brawl days. Now, they're in panic mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom