• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
User was warned for double posting

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm still not buying the Pass. I'm very happy with how it's turning out (though I admit it: mostly for Banjo), but I'll buy everyone singularly.
Sorry, but not even bear & bird could make me stomach another Fire Emblem character.
...But so far there's no Fire Emblem character in the Pass. Unless you're referring to the Hero in a derogatory manner, in which case, stop that; from what I can tell, the Hero doesn't play like any of the Fire Emblem characters.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Looking back on this past week (gosh I can't believe it's been a week already since our bear and bird made their return to Nintendo!!) and reflecting on the feelings their reveal gave to all of us, I gotta say, this has got to be the most impressive Smash Bros. to date, and that's saying something. I feel like Sakurai and his team manage time and time again to push the boundaries of Smash further and further. I mean, 64 laid the groundwork of bringing 12 iconic Nintendo characters and franchises together in a fun multiplayer fighting game that has become something all of its own, then Melee came out of nowhere and expanded the roster, the stages, the items, the modes, the gameplay, and made Smash Bros. an at home console staple, Brawl came and introduced an incredible story mode and freaking third party characters with the inclusions of Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog, Wii U & Nintendo 3DS gave us a portable Smash experience for the first time and even more surprising character inclusions and modes with Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud Strife, and Bayonetta, and now Ultimate, freaking Ultimate, expands on the 3DS and gives us a truly HD portable experience with the greatest inclusions to date in my opinion with the Inklings, Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and freaking Banjo & Kazooie!!! The only thing I feel they need to do now is return a bunch of the missing stages, especially Mute City (Melee), Poke Floats, Rainbow Road (3DS), Pac-Maze, and Orbital Gate Assault, and modes like Home Run Contest, Target Test/Blast, Smash Run, and even Smash Tour and I'd be completely and utterly content at how much this game has to offer.

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I'm still not buying the Pass. I'm very happy with how it's turning out (though I admit it: mostly for Banjo), but I'll buy everyone singularly.
Sorry, but not even bear & bird could make me stomach another Fire Emblem character.
...But so far there's no Fire Emblem character in the Pass. Unless you're referring to the Hero in a derogatory manner, in which case, stop that; from what I can tell, the Hero doesn't play like any of the Fire Emblem characters.
Didn't Sakurai say that no currently represented franchises will be in the Fighter Pass? I could be mixing something up but... I think...?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Didn't Sakurai say that no currently represented franchises will be in the Fighter Pass? I could be mixing something up but... I think...?
I don't necessarily remember him saying that, and there was a line from Reggie at the VGAs that people misinterpreted, but even then, I feel like ze9 is jumping the gun a bit by assuming a Fire Emblem character is in the Pass.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think this was Reggie that said this at the game awards. "These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." I don't think that means 100% of the Fighter's Pass is necessarily from new series, it's just played out that way so far.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
It's been a week and I still can't believe Banjo and Kazooie made it in. At this point I feel like my fighter pass purchase is justified. The way this DLC seems to be going it'd be hard for them disappoint honestly. Just the level of quality these characters seem to have gives me confidence for the rest of the pass and the bombshells the team is gonna drop

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
That's just a grossly misinterpreted version of Reggie's quote from the Game Awards.
"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."
This seems like it word to word from my memory. This is just Reggie reiterating that this DLC cycle will include all new characters, likely to inform people who weren't keeping up with Smash at the time. We can't forget that not everyone who plays video games stalks Smashboards everyday. All that being said, though, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the Fighter Pass characters were from previously unrepresented franchises.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's just a grossly misinterpreted version of Reggie's quote from the Game Awards.

This seems like it word to word from my memory. This is just Reggie reiterating that this DLC cycle will include all new characters, likely to inform people who weren't keeping up with Smash at the time. We can't forget that not everyone who plays video games stalks Smashboards everyday. All that being said, though, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the Fighter Pass characters were from previously unrepresented franchises.
Wouldn't be surprised if a first-party from a currently-represented franchise sneaks up in there and shatters people's expectations, yet again. People tend to think there's a rigid pattern to things.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
After just over a week the top 4 uploads of Banjo's trailer have reached a combined whopping 6.3 million views with the two highest viewed of those being at 2.1 and 1.7 million respectively. In perspective Nintendo's official E3 Direct upload is at 3.3 million.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice

ze9

Smash Ace
I actually like the Hero(es) a lot.
I'm just afraid of those two last slots.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I actually like the Hero(es) a lot.
I'm just afraid of those two last slots.
There's been a datamine that implied we might get more than those once the pass is finished. I'm not worried.

243.png

Besides, with Banjo in, practically nothing would come now that can disappoint me short of an impromptu Kiddy Kong appearance.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Eh, I got what I wanted the most. I think for the first time in a long while, I can actually let myself be surprised. :)
I'm on the same boat, actually. After Banjo (and Ridley and K. Rool in the base game), I'm fine with every character. I want to see what Sakurai has in store now, and I'm pretty sure I'll buy everyone.
Just... not... Fire Emblem.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm on the same boat, actually. After Banjo (and Ridley and K. Rool in the base game), I'm fine with every character. I want to see what Sakurai has in store now, and I'm pretty sure I'll buy everyone.
Just... not... Fire Emblem.
I'm fine with even that if we can get a student that uses something different from the damned weapon triangle for once. It'd be difficult to do anything unique with their teacher.

Though at least it's good to see someone who doesn't think "this pass will obviously just have third parties", so I respect you for that.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I'm fine with even that if we can get a student that uses something different from the damned weapon triangle for once. It'd be difficult to do anything unique with their teacher.
Even the students don't feel very inspiring to me.
After the DQ Heroes pushed the "magic swordsman" archetype as far as it can get and then some, and after how unique both Joker (gun, knife, demon summoning) and Banjo & Kazooie (just look at them) are, weilding a lance or an axe instead of a sword isn't really that great of a selling point.
Plus, at this point getting the obligatory rep from the last Fire Emblem would just feel forced.

I don't think it's happening tho, but you never know

StormC

Smash Hero
I bought all the Smash 4 DLC like a sucker. Even Corrin. I just love Smash too much and couldn’t help having an incomplete roster. Joker’s reveal got me to play Persona 5 and it became a top 5 game for me, prompting me to buy the Pass (only 18 bucks thanks to coins) while fully confident Banjo would make his way to the roster but considering Joker enough for the price of admission. Suffice to say so far the Pass is more than proving its value.

Call it Ultimate, call it Special, this Smash feels like the appropriate swan song for the last 20 years of the franchise. The Smash Ballot was a game changer.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I waited on Smash DLC for 4. In the end, I only bought CLoud because I was dissatisfied with what 4's roster had to offer.

I was sold on purchasing the Fighter's pass once they unveiled Ridley and every returning fighter, since I was confident that I wouldn't have to fork over extra money to play someone I could play in a previous game.

domriver

Smash Lord
In regards to Smash 4 DLC i purchased all characters even though i didnt use them. I mostly played with Bayonetta Game doesnt feel right without all the characters in it. im a sucker for that :p Same with this Ultimate i already bought the fighters pass because i need all characters regardless. Banjo kazooie is such a treat for me im meh about Joker and Hero (ugh more sword fighters) im hoping the last two are more to my taste. My absolute want is Geno. After there is no one in high demand for me.
Here is a list of other DLCs that i think would be pretty cool.
Resident Evil Franchise
Madam Broodal from Odyssey
Mio and Mayu or anyone from Fatal Frame franchise (using a camera and ghosts to attack opponents how cool would that be :D )
Dr. Robotnik
Tales
Knuckles
Zero
Sigma
Vile
Scorpion or SubZero ( can anyone imagine a reveal with Scorpion and Kirby? LOL )
Gruntilda

Echoes:
Medusa
Metal Sonic

and thats all!

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
...has anyone made a Gruntilda thread? I might make one lol.
And we're pretty sure Gruntilda is going to be a boss for Banjo's Classic Mode. In the trailer, while B-K are fighting Falco and Pirahna Plant on Spiral Mountain, it's very obvious that there is no bridge. But then, in the shot showing off Grunty's Lair, not only is Banjo suspiciously alone, but the bridge is back. And then there's the shot of Grunty swooping over the bridge, so...

StormC

Smash Hero
And we're pretty sure Gruntilda is going to be a boss for Banjo's Classic Mode. In the trailer, while B-K are fighting Falco and Pirahna Plant on Spiral Mountain, it's very obvious that there is no bridge. But then, in the shot showing off Grunty's Lair, not only is Banjo suspiciously alone, but the bridge is back. And then there's the shot of Grunty swooping over the bridge, so...
I mean obviously. It would just be for fun.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...has anyone made a Gruntilda thread? I might make one lol.
Seems like a good idea, at least concerning Smash 6. Only issue is that she'll have to share attention with loads of bad gals like Captain Syrup and Medusa. Who obviously will take priority, now that it's clear that not having been in a game for a while isn't an obstacle anymore.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I hope Gruntilda doesn't just fly around in the background of the stage, but she gets somehow more involved.
Have her interfere as a simple stage boss, have her rhyme insulting the fighters... Something.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I hope Gruntilda doesn't just fly around in the background of the stage, but she gets somehow more involved.
Have her interfere as a simple stage boss, have her rhyme insulting the fighters... Something.
Depends on how much they could afford doing with DLC resources. So far we haven't had a DLC stage-only boss, so if they did have enough to work with, this'll be unprecedented.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Even the students don't feel very inspiring to me.
After the DQ Heroes pushed the "magic swordsman" archetype as far as it can get and then some, and after how unique both Joker (gun, knife, demon summoning) and Banjo & Kazooie (just look at them) are, weilding a lance or an axe instead of a sword isn't really that great of a selling point.
Plus, at this point getting the obligatory rep from the last Fire Emblem would just feel forced.

I don't think it's happening tho, but you never know
We really need, well we don't NEED another Fire Emblem, but if we ended up with another one we need a character that plays to what we haven't seen in Smash. I recall Smash 4 supporters of Chrom suggesting he could take notes from his second seal class promotions and have him play as a horse mounted knight or General (something I ended up doing in my first playthrough of Awakening.). Granted, Robin already scratched that itch a little bit by being a spellsword and introducing spells to his moveset, but might as well keep the ball rolling. if people really don't want another sword slinger with no other tricks (and lets be fair; I too do not want that.), give us an archer that focuses on long range but smash attacks by stabbing people with an arrow or whacks them with their bow, or maybe an archer or horse back, or give us a ninja who slings shuriken and kunai, or a beast race a la the Manakete (Serious how did Tiki never become playable in Smash. She's in the same game as Marth. She's also an OG!) Laguz, Taguel, or Kitsune/Wolfskin, Or a pegasus rider, etc. Just give us something new and I'm sure people would be a lot more receptive to a new Fire Emblem edition to the cast, and goodness knows Fire Emblem has a lot of new it could still give if Nintendo were so inclined.

*EDIT* Although, Robin and Corrin both are fairly unique, but there was still lots of negative reception. Maybe the problem really is just too much Fire Emblem. Although I know well the circumstances surrounding Corrins reveal soured the character more than his moveset, and I don't think they utilized a bestial transformation character to it's fullest potential, with Corrin still largely being a sword swinger. Also I forgot Greninja is literally a ninja Pokemon, but I still think a FE Ninja could be suitably different.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We really need, well we don't NEED another Fire Emblem, but if we ended up with another one we need a character that plays to what we haven't seen in Smash. I recall Smash 4 supporters of Chrom suggesting he could take notes from his second seal class promotions and have him play as a horse mounted knight or General (something I ended up doing in my first playthrough of Awakening.). Granted, Robin already scratched that itch a little bit by being a spellsword and introducing spells to his moveset, but might as well keep the ball rolling. if people really don't want another sword slinger with no other tricks (and lets be fair; I too do not want that.), give us an archer that focuses on long range but smash attacks by stabbing people with an arrow or whacks them with their bow, or maybe an archer or horse back, or give us a ninja who slings shuriken and kunai, or a beast race a la the Manakete (Serious how did Tiki never become playable in Smash. She's in the same game as Marth. She's also an OG!) Laguz, Taguel, or Kitsune/Wolfskin, Or a pegasus rider, etc. Just give us something new and I'm sure people would be a lot more receptive to a new Fire Emblem edition to the cast, and goodness knows Fire Emblem has a lot of new it could still give if Nintendo were so inclined.
Even Edelgard would be enough, she has an axe, for crying out loud. Last thing we need is Ninty suggesting Teacher to bolster up the army of Marth clones, Chrom was already stretching it thin at this point. At least give him a :ultpokemontrainer:-style gimmick if they absolutely insist on him being in.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Even Edelgard would be enough, she has an axe, for crying out loud. Last thing we need is Ninty suggesting Teacher to bolster up the army of Marth clones, Chrom was already stretching it thin at this point. At least give him a :ultpokemontrainer:-style gimmick if they absolutely insist on him being in.
It's funny you mention that. I was entertaining whether a FE protag could have a :ultpokemontrainer: style mechanic that involves class changing, allowing them to have swords, magic, horses, and generally just encompass the Fire Emblem experience, though I worry that falls apart since a lot of FE classes are just variations and combinations of melee fighter (sword, axe, spear), mounted unit (horse, Pegasus, Wyvern), or a magic user. Most other class types save for archer can't normally be multi classed into since they're kind of their own beings (such as the beast races), and thus would be better suited to be their own characters. I fear a :ultpokemontrainer: Byleth would just rehash Marth and his brood with a bit of Robin sprinkled in, and almost nobody would want that.

Anyway, we should go back to discussing Banjo. This isn't the FE thread after all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A week has passed, i think i can change my avatar now.

About DLC stuff....

Back in Smash 4, i only wanted to buy the Veterans and maybe Cloud, but because i didn't have access to buy games digitally (i didn't have a job back then) i had to ask for one of my family members to buy it...............and they ended up buying the entire DLC cast. I only ended up playing as the Veterans and Cloud because back then i was a scrub and sucker for OP characters (and yet i hated Bayonetta)

Now in Ultimate, i only find Banjo to be in my taste, with Hero beign in the maybe category. I don't like Joker and the only reason i have PP is because the copy i bought literally had PP's Download code on it. Im not gonna buy the Fighter's Pass because i find it silly that they are selling it since December of last year when nobody back then had any idea of the DLC characters outside of Joker, and we are not gonna now the full Pass until the end of the year. No thanks, even if the pass had only characters that i wanted (which it doesn't because it has Joker) then maybe, but i wouldn't know about that until i don't know, November or something.

I don't think Fighter 4 and 5 will be of my interest if recent rumors are to be believed (not counting that one rumor because there's no way that one is true) but at least it's good to know DLC gave me one character that i really will invest my time into, plus another decent one.

Oh and i do think we are gonna get a Fire Emblem character for DLC, Fighter Pass or otherwise. I could bet on it but after my bet with Banjo i realized i don't want to end up buying the entire Senran Kagura series because of my dumb bets, one is bad enough.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I don't think Fighter 4 and 5 will be of my interest if recent rumors are to be believed .
Assuming we're talking about the same rumors, I'll admit I have no nostalgia or stake in seeing the Doom Marine in Smash, that said he might be worth a buy just because I find a lot of humor in the idea of Smash upping the bar of iffy characters once again. Doom Marine literally just loves anger, fighting, and ripping demons apart. There's a twisted joy in imagining the guy intent of leaving his opponent a pile of entrails being pit in a fight with the likes of Mario, Kirby, and Pichu (And Banjo.). I'd buy him for sure if he had a forward Smash that's a chainsaw. What I'm saying is I really want to see a game that allows me to chainsaw Mario.

This humor goes ditto for if we ever got a Mortal Kombat character. I'd be fine with Doom Guy or a MK character, since they're both from the satanic panic era of games and both characters embody the premise of wanting to straight up brutally murder people, and I'd love that knowing full well everybody just gets launched off the stage and Nintendo would never allow a tear-people-in-half-and-rip-out-their-spines mechanic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Umm, what rumors are you talking about?
The rumors about a Female Fighter Game character (something like Kasumi, Mai Shiranui etc) or a new Capcom Character (Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, granted i don't think there are super credible rumors about a new Capcom character floating around, but people are speculating). Neither of these 2 appeal to me at all, but i have Banjo so eh.

Edit: There's also rumors about Frisk and Waluigi of all characters. The former would be a let down to me Music Notwithstanding, and the latter would be bittersweet at this point. I don't believe it because................it's ****ing Frisk and Waluigi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
*EDIT* Although, Robin and Corrin both are fairly unique, but there was still lots of negative reception. Maybe the problem really is just too much Fire Emblem. Although I know well the circumstances surrounding Corrins reveal soured the character more than his moveset, and I don't think they utilized a bestial transformation character to it's fullest potential, with Corrin still largely being a sword swinger. Also I forgot Greninja is literally a ninja Pokemon, but I still think a FE Ninja could be suitably different.
The negativity against Robin is mostly a bit of fatigue, but Robin usually isn't treated as coldly as Corrin.

Which with Corrin the case it's a bit different, because he's a literal advertisement character, and was put as DLC in a period of extreme hype after Cloud's reveal (I don't want to sound like a bad person, but Corrin's Reveal was legit the only time I have ever feel annoyed about a character being revealed... and I know I was going to dislike it as soon as I saw the Kozaki styled cutscene... at least I'm not bitter about them now... I think).

Last edited:
Top Bottom