• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm pretty much satisfied with this game now that our beloved bear and bird are finally in now. I'm leaving Smashboards until Hero drops with those Mii costumes so peace Banjo-Roos.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, guys, I'm having a bit of an issue: the control stick on my Switch seems to be having issues because on occasion my character will start walking to the left without me doing anything, and I've tried blowing on it, brushing it with a soft toothbrush, and even tried using a can of compressed air, and it's still happening; even after I tried calibrating the stick, the issue still shows up when I'm playing Smash. Do I have to send it to Nintendo to have it repaired?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, guys, I'm having a bit of an issue: the control stick on my Switch seems to be having issues because on occasion my character will start walking to the left without me doing anything, and I've tried blowing on it, brushing it with a soft toothbrush, and even tried using a can of compressed air, and it's still happening; even after I tried calibrating the stick, the issue still shows up when I'm playing Smash. Do I have to send it to Nintendo to have it repaired?
Are you deftly handed? Because you’re gonna have to crack that sucker open. Here:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Nintendo-Joycon-Drift-Fix-Not-Software-Related/

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
So, I can't be the only one who's been listening to a ton of Banjo-Kazooie remixes. Anyone want to share any recommendations?
I've really enjoyed this Banjo-Kazooie Symphony album.

The arrangements are faithful, but with an orchestral flair that I'm really enjoying. There are quite a few choral parts in the background of many tracks though, if you dislike that it may be hard to like the music from this album.

The whole album sadly isn't up on Youtube though. The creator has a site where you can buy the whole thing, and the previews are still up on itunes.
Or I'm sure you could... find it elsewhere. The Captain Blackeye approved way.

Last edited:

Daniel2210

Smash Rookie
So, I can't be the only one who's been listening to a ton of Banjo-Kazooie remixes. Anyone want to share any recommendations?
I've really enjoyed this Banjo-Kazooie Symphony album.

The arrangements are faithful, but with an orchestral flair that I'm really enjoying. There are quite a few choral parts in the background of many tracks though, if you dislike that it may be hard to like the music from this album.

The whole album sadly isn't up on Youtube though. The creator has a site where you can buy the whole thing, and the previews are still up on itunes.
Or I'm sure you could... find it elsewhere. The Captain Blackeye approved way.
I found this album a while back of an orchestrated version of the entire Tooie soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATPvlbswzWM

Some of the songs are very well done, like Glitter Gulch Mine, Cloud Cuckooland, Jinjo Village, and Cauldron Keep. I like listening to them at 1.15x speed so they sound more fitting for Smash.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
They need to reboot the series. Make a giant Banjo game (with that BanjoX spirit) containing new worlds, and old worlds from BK/BT. And then..... for the sequel........ Banjo-Kazooie-Kong.
As long as all of the character designs from B-K and Tooie are intact, and the art direction is faithful then I wouldn't mind a Remake.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I know this is silly, but, I am worried that the backlash the Pokémon Community is getting won't cause Nintendo to cancel the Banjo-Kazooie DLC for Smash Bros. Ultimate. Like I said, silly.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I know this is silly, but, I am worried that the backlash the Pokémon Community is getting won't cause Nintendo to cancel the Banjo-Kazooie DLC for Smash Bros. Ultimate. Like I said, silly.
Dude, relax! At this point, there's not way in Hell that the DLC will be canceled, especially after having advertised it as DLC Fighter Pack 3, and ESPECIALLY in regards to anything going on with the Pokemon fanbase, because Banjo & Kazooie have nothing to do with Pokemon!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
NO don't reboot banjo its perfect ! he started out in DKR & is best friends with diddy kong ! I don't want to lose that just cut nuts & bolts or leave Nuts & bolts ambigus

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I've also had paranoid fears like "oh god what if Microsoft for no reason backs out and the B-K DLC gets spontaneously canceled", but I know they're completely irrational. Regardless, it will be a relief to finally see them in Smash, their first appearance on a Nintendo console in nineteen years.

Bit late, but I'll also chime on in my favorite levels. Given the difference in nature between Kazooie and Tooie, they will also be separate. Also only counting "main" worlds.

1. Mad Monster Mansion
2. Freezeezy Peak
3. Treasure Trove Cove
4. Click Clock Wood
5. Bubblegloop Swamp
6. Rusty Bucket Bay
7. Gobi's Valley
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Clanker's Cavern

1. Witchyworld
2. Hailfire Peaks
3. Mayahem Temple
4. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
5. Terrydactyland
6. Grunty Industries
7. Cloud Cuckooland
8. Glitter Gulch Mine

And because why not, I'll do DK64 as well, since that's always given me the same sort of nostalgia Kazooie and Tooie have.

1. Frantic Factory
2. Crystal Caves
3. Creepy Castle
4. Jungle Japes
5. Fungi Forest
6. Angry Aztec
7. Gloomy Galleon

Last edited:

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
BanjoKazoofix.png

I nade a transparent version of the press release Banjo render we got. This was a close as I could get.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, it sounds like the joycon drifting issue, possibly due to dust under the flap of the joystick. All (4) of my joycons have fallen victim to it. I've used electronic contact cleaner, which works really well, but the drift comes back after a couple days. I haven't tried opening up yet, which is what was suggested, because I'm terrible at fixing things and afraid of taking anything apart.

Added to that, my right joycon keeps disconnecting in handheld mode. Does it for any joycon too, so I think it's my Switch. :crying:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
View attachment 228484
I nade a transparent version of the press release Banjo render we got. This was a close as I could get.
I. Can't. Get. Over. How. Good. They. Look!
I know right? It's like looking at the Rare renders of them all those years ago except it's more modernized. The Smash team nailed that design big time. No doubt about that. I can't believe it's almost been a week. Last week at this time we were sweating bricks as E3 drew close and look where we are now. Sweet, sweet victory...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
So, everybody's giving their favorite to least favorite Bk-BT worlds, and at least one person gave their favorite DK64 worlds, so I guess I have to ask the real question: What's everyone's favorite Conker's Bad Fur Day levels, from most to least favorite?

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Depending on how much appreciation there's been for the series on Eastern ponds, I think we may get a fair few good remixes. Not to Mega Man levels of course, but a decent amount.

Yes! Not literally of course, as funny as it would be for Grunty to diss the duo in the form of scatting rap.
I just do believe that the tone of the track should be changed from calm to epic. I know that final boss is kinda that, but it still had some rearrangement. It's not a straight up epic version of grunty's lair

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The only thing I'm confused with is why isn't Banjo's Smash page entry viewable. From his trailer, we clearly see that they have working models, so its not like Joker's reveal which would spoil his look.

Anyway, that's a dealbreaker for me and I will not purchase the DLC, so there.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Shantae too!
I honestly don't believe that.
I think she is fun. I see her as well off as Professor Layton or Cooking Mama.
The latter of whom gets absolutely no acknowledgement.

But thats just me. I'd be happy with her.
I do want more magic users.

I also wanted some Zelda characters to have musical taunts.
We could have had a whole taunt based band.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I honestly don't believe that.
I think she is fun. I see her as well off as Professor Layton or Cooking Mama.
The latter of whom gets absolutely no acknowledgement.

But thats just me. I'd be happy with her.
I do want more magic users.

I also wanted some Zelda characters to have musical taunts.
We could have had a whole taunt based band.
The fact that Sheik still doesn't have her harp in any way (move, taunt, victory, etc) really sticks out. But I bet Banjo and Kazooie will play their instruments in some form.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The fact that Sheik still doesn't have her harp in any way (move, taunt, victory, etc) really sticks out. But I bet Banjo and Kazooie will play their instruments in some form.
I could be wrong, but isnt Link missing his Ocarina?
I mean... thats a big deal to me.

We could have a really eclectic band in theory.

Harp.
Ocarina.
Banjo.
Kazoo.
Bongos.
Guitar.
And then just bring in Pauline to sing :D

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
The only thing I'm confused with is why isn't Banjo's Smash page entry viewable. From his trailer, we clearly see that they have working models, so its not like Joker's reveal which would spoil his look.

Anyway, that's a dealbreaker for me and I will not purchase the DLC, so there.
I mean to be fair, Banjo & Kazooie were a dealbreaker for me too on whether or not I'd purchase the Fighter Pass. I think it is kinda lame out of all the characters in Smash history, their page is the only one on lockdown, when I DESPERATELY want to see them full-fledged in Smash with their alternate costumes and additional screenshots of them possibly referencing certain parts of their games and interacting with the other fighters. But I'm praying once the Hero is released, then Banjo & Kazooie's page will be opened up and hopefully around that time we'll have learned more or seen more gameplay of them in action and maybe even get word of the next fighter in the Fighter Pass!

I could be wrong, but isnt Link missing his Ocarina?
I mean... thats a big deal to me.

We could have a really eclectic band in theory.

Harp.
Ocarina.
Banjo.
Kazoo.
Bongos.
Guitar.
And then just bring in Pauline to sing :D
And Toon Link to conduct!

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Dude, relax! At this point, there's not way in Hell that the DLC will be canceled, especially after having advertised it as DLC Fighter Pack 3, and ESPECIALLY in regards to anything going on with the Pokemon fanbase, because Banjo & Kazooie have nothing to do with Pokemon!
Yeah. Told ya it was silly.

NO don't reboot banjo its perfect ! he started out in DKR & is best friends with diddy kong ! I don't want to lose that just cut nuts & bolts or leave Nuts & bolts ambigus
Are you DAFT man?! Can you imagine how fast a Banjo reboot or remaster would sell?! Especially if it's on the Switch?!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just reached the final boss of Tooie and holy Crap this boss is bat**** insane and ****ing hard. And I don't normally swear.

Now I've finished Tooie before. But last time I played was a PC emulation and the time before that was was when I still only had one digit to my age and thought cheats were fun. Now I'm an adult playing with the X-Box controller on Live Arcade and I'm shaking. It just keeps getting more intense. And I suck at aiming. I have no idea how I did this with the 64 C-Button. The problem is the aim always auto centres itself so it's really hard to get aim right. Occasionally she gets me because I'm standing still trying to get the perfect shot. But for the most part I can dodge everything in the first half now.

Problem is the second half where you have to worry about her goons, and oh great now there's Poison I'm on a timer, I have to keep moving but I can't aim and now I'm dead with only 4hp left. I haven't gotten to the one hit KO portion of the fight.

Yep, sadly I had to call it a night before finishing it. I'll have to beat her tomorrow before or after work. But when it comes to difficulty, this boss blows all the rest out of the water!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Just reached the final boss of Tooie and holy Crap this boss is bat**** insane and ****ing hard. And I don't normally swear.

Now I've finished Tooie before. But last time I played was a PC emulation and the time before that was was when I still only had one digit to my age and thought cheats were fun. Now I'm an adult playing with the X-Box controller on Live Arcade and I'm shaking. It just keeps getting more intense. And I suck at aiming. I have no idea how I did this with the 64 C-Button. The problem is the aim always auto centres itself so it's really hard to get aim right. Occasionally she gets me because I'm standing still trying to get the perfect shot. But for the most part I can dodge everything in the first half now.

Problem is the second half where you have to worry about her goons, and oh great now there's Poison I'm on a timer, I have to keep moving but I can't aim and now I'm dead with only 4hp left. I haven't gotten to the one hit KO portion of the fight.

Yep, sadly I had to call it a night before finishing it. I'll have to beat her tomorrow before or after work. But when it comes to difficulty, this boss blows all the rest out of the water!
Grunty's no joke in either game, my dude! For a bitter old crone, she was an OG video game boss.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Important message:

This your reminder that Banjo and Kazooie are the 73rd fighter in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I mean obviously we're all excited for Banjo and Kazooie themselves as a character, but I also play Arena with friends and you can bet your butt that Spiral Mountain (maybe the Battlefield or Omega layout if the actual stage is too crazy) will be my default chosen stages, haha. And all of the music! I had modded Brawl back in the day and had put a couple BK songs in there and I'm beyond happy that this time it will officially be an option!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Important message:

This your reminder that Banjo and Kazooie are the 73rd fighter in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.
80th, if characters that get excluded just because of a little epsilon next to their name are counted.

Pretty wild that this roster is going to wind up in the eighties. The eighties! Twenty years ago we had twelve.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I mean to be fair, Banjo & Kazooie were a dealbreaker for me too on whether or not I'd purchase the Fighter Pass.
Same. I bought Banjo-Kazooie for $25. Anything less would be wrong. But Banjo-Kazooie for $25? That's a steal. And I get 4 bonus characters too? That's just gravy.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Can we talk about how none of the DLC characters were actually invited to Smash?

Joker stole his invite

The hero and his friends rode into battle to help out but just never left.

And Banjo showed up at DK's house unannounced to beat up a poor dog and his pet duck.

ze9

Smash Ace
I'm still not buying the Pass. I'm very happy with how it's turning out (though I admit it: mostly for Banjo), but I'll buy everyone singularly.
Sorry, but not even bear & bird could make me stomach another Fire Emblem character.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm still not buying the Pass. I'm very happy with how it's turning out (though I admit it: mostly for Banjo), but I'll buy everyone singularly.
Sorry, but not even bear & bird could make me stomach another Fire Emblem character.
Fire Emblem invented swords. I once picked up a knife to cut my food, and now I have blue hair and a counterattack.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Why is Fall 2019 so far away, I just want to body people as Banjo

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Important message:

My friend, ever since the day after the reveal, has said "Today is [the date], and Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash" every morning when we first see each other. :chuckle:

I still don't believe it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Important message:

This your reminder that Banjo and Kazooie are the 59th fighter in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate since they are just an echo of Duck Hunt..

Top Bottom