• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
So, since I'm a bit bored, here's how I'd list the worlds in the first game in order of favorite to least-favorite:

1. Mad Monster Mansion
2. Click Clock Wood
3. Treasure Trove Cove
4. Freezeezy Peak
5. Gobi's Valley
6. Clanker's Cavern
7. Bubblegloop Swamp
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Rusty Bucket Bay
I'm a bit late to this, it seems, but I won't miss out on the chance to make a list!

1. Mad Monster Mansion
2. Freezeezy Peak
3. Click Clock Wood
4. Rusty Bucket Bay
5. Treasure Trove Cove
6. Bubblegloop Swamp
7. Gobi's Valley
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Clanker's Cavern

It's been a while since I've played either game, about 4 years, and those were my first and only playthroughs. For whatever reason, I remember Kazooie much better than Tooie and I don't think I could rank the Tooie worlds right now, but I will say that I distinctly remember liking Grunty Industries. The sense of progression, from exploring the whole factory was comparable to how I imagine it feels to play Luigi's Mansion (haven't played it and can't, because my Wii is broken). It was just a very cohesive experience.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I know it's late, but I just wanted to congratulate you guys on Banjo and Kazooie getting in! It really does feel like a part of the Nintendo family is back where they belong.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You rockkkkk, thank you so much!!! They look so good together!
They do. I consider Banjo & Kazooie to be platforming mascot characters and Nintendo icons, so they fit so well and why I always thought Banjo & Kazooie should have been there at the beginning (though, of course we know why, as Smash only came out a year after Kazooie).

I hope if there is ever a next game, Banjo & Kazooie are considered must-have perennial third party characters, like Sonic.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Oh, we're ranking our favorite levels? Don't mind if I do!

Banjo-Kazooie:
  1. Click Clock Wood
  2. Rusty Bucket Bay
  3. Bubblegloop Swamp
  4. Mad Monster Mansion
  5. Treasure Trove Cove
  6. Freezeezy Peak
  7. Clanker's Cavern
  8. Mumbo's Mountain
  9. Gobi's Valley
Banjo-Tooie:

1. Terrydactyland
  2. Grunty Industries
  3. Mayahem Temple
  4. Witchyworld
  5. Glitter Gulch Mine
  6. Hailfire Peaks
  7. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
  8. Cloud Cuckooland

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity how would you guys like the Banjo story to progress if we get a Banjo-threeie. Would the ending of nuts and bolts be the start with grunty in the weird mech or start from grunty only being a head like at the end of tooie.

If she is just a head I'm not really sure how the story would progress. I could see the game introducing a new villain that restores grunty's body and grunty is the second to final boss ending with the new villain. That would also set up the ability for grunty to be in another game afterwards.

The ending of Nuts and Bolts is super brutal with the dialogue.
Kazooie: "Can I have my old abilities back? If this game isn't successful. We might need them for the next one."
L.O.G.: "Good point. Although you may never get another game"

Guess Kazooie foresaw getting into smash and thought ahead.

SKX31

Smash Master
The Devil's Third Spirits could have been just spirits. Remember, Ubisoft has Rayman and Rabbids spirits in the game, but that's it. It's likely DT would of had a similar situation but fell apart for whatever reason.
While I do agree that it all most likely fell apart, it would still be rather odd to see Spirits repping a mostly failed third party game. Not to say that the Spirit list doesn't have strange choices - there are quite a few - but DT would be one of the weirdest, especially by itself.

I'm not calling a Nexon rep likely: if JFG / Blast Corps spirits show up their chances would look at least feasible. If only something like 5-10ish %. As much as I'd really dislike Nintendo dealing with what is essentially Korea's EA; if Nintendo's looking to sell Smash and its DLC to a more global audience Nexon is one of the few companies that could even hypotheoretically pull it off beyond the Tetris Company and the Chinese megacorp Tencent*. Any such playable rep would signal that Nintendo's looking globally for the DLC.

Of course, the Rayman / Rabbids representation is odd - but that's a bit different when a) Rayman and Globox were trophies in Smash 4, and b) Rayman's spirit is Ace class, when the AT assisting him is a Legend class (and one of the really annoying ones to boot). Of course, Nintendo and Ubisoft could have decided to just end with that, true. But we won't know if that's the case until the DLC ends or a Ubi character becomes reality.

(*Side note, considered the Witcher which is Polish, but it started of as a book series. So Geralt's out of the running by default.)

Folt

Smash Ace
Still ranking our favorite BK levels? Don't mind if I do.

Banjo-Kazooie:
  1. Click Clock Wood
  2. Rusty Bucket Bay
  3. Mad Monster Mansion
  4. Bubblegloop Swamp
  5. Freezezy Peak
  6. Gobi's Valley
  7. Treasure Trove Cove
  8. Mumbo's Mountain
  9. Clanker's Cavern

Banjo-Tooie:
  1. Terrydactyland
  2. Cloudcuckooland
  3. Hailfire Peaks
  4. Witchyworld
  5. Mayahem Temple
  6. Grunty Industries
  7. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
  8. Glitter Gulch Mine

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge:
  1. Freeezing Furnace
  2. Spiller's Harbor
  3. Bad Magic Bayou
  4. Cliff Farm
  5. Breegull Beach

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Nuts & Bolts should be Ignored & it should start at the end of tooie IMO or leave it ambiguous where grunty has a new look or found the rest of her bones
or log was a lienig all along & was just a very powerfull computer all along & grunty hacked him & took him over & nuts & bolts was just them being in his simulation & they need to breck free

N&B was a fun game with BAD art direction & F the 4 wall way too much & ruiend the whole series story wise !

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I'll only rank the first game:

1. Mad Monster Mansion - The perfect level. It has memorable NPC's, a great soundtrack and my favorite atmosphere.

2. Rusty Bucket Bay - Just make sure you do the engine room first and it's a blast. The only truly difficult level in the game.

3. Bubblegloop Swamp - A personal favorite of mine. I have always liked swamp levels in platformers. It's a tad too easy to be the 4th level though. I honestly think they should have swapped this level with Clanker's Cavern.

4. Click Clock Wood - The biggest level in the game. It's cool to see how the level and NPC's change with each season. Missing one or two notes is nightmarish though.

5. Clanker's Cavern - I can see why people might not like it, because of the swimming. I personally don't mind it and thought it was a creative level.

6. Freezeezy Peak - Super comfy level with great music. There are some minor annoyances, like the snowmen and the walrus transformation (way too slow).

7. Treasure Trove Cove - It's fine, but there's not much that made it stand out to me. Overall just a decent level.

8. Mumbo's Mountain - It's the first level. You'll be done in about 20 minutes. A nice introduction, but not all that special.

9. Gobi's Valley - I still like this level, but it's the least interesting one in my opinion. It's visually dull and there aren't a lot of interesting landmarks. It has one of the best songs in the game though.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
All right, we wrapped up collecting signatures for the thank-you letter, now we need a bunch of people to help us put the signatures into images so they can be sent to Sakurai and company. I'd like for the images to be sent out by Wednesday at the latest, but I have to work so I can't do it all on my own. PM me if you'd like to help.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
They do. I consider Banjo & Kazooie to be platforming mascot characters and Nintendo icons, so they fit so well and why I always thought Banjo & Kazooie should have been there at the beginning (though, of course we know why, as Smash only came out a year after Kazooie).

I hope if there is ever a next game, Banjo & Kazooie are considered must-have perennial third party characters, like Sonic.
Gotta say, CosmicQuark, I also really love your signature banner with Mario, Link, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo & Kazooie together! I always considered Mario, the Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon the 'Big Three' franchises of Nintendo, and having them with the biggest third party characters/mascots is so fitting. Even though Pikachu is the de facto mascot of Pokemon, it's really fitting having Pokemon Trainer there instead, Red was the original protagonist after all with the OG starters as his reps! They all look so good together <3

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Out of curiosity how would you guys like the Banjo story to progress if we get a Banjo-threeie. Would the ending of nuts and bolts be the start with grunty in the weird mech or start from grunty only being a head like at the end of tooie.

If she is just a head I'm not really sure how the story would progress. I could see the game introducing a new villain that restores grunty's body and grunty is the second to final boss ending with the new villain. That would also set up the ability for grunty to be in another game afterwards.

Kazooie: "Can I have my old abilities back? If this game isn't successful. We might need them for the next one."

I would have them say they had a really bad dream where they got fat and were in a terrible game.

I always imagined setting up two new islands besides the isle o hags. One where the fairies come from (Bruntilda will be there as one of your guides). And another island where all the witches and warlocks come from.

Gruntilda finally after years of trying to get to the island as a head gets there because she’s trying to get her older brother the head of the family and the warlock king of the island to go to the isle of hags and get revenge. He goes over there and basically makes the entire island o hags go to ruins forcing banjo and Kazooie to escape and hide to the island of faires and eventually getting to the main magic isle where you defeat the brother.

Eventually you would be able to return home for some missions to try to fix the place up some as well. I’d also have tooty return as a tall skinny ninja with her big dumb head at the top lol, turns out she was being trained at that island after she was kidnapped to become tougher since her brother took way too long to save her.

She’d be another playable character for certain missions. The move teacher would be her master another mole who is maybe bottles grandpa or something lol.

There’s more but that’s pretty much the gist of what I want to do if ever got in the position to make Banjo threeie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One of the biggest beefs I have with Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is all the dialogue that seems to spit on the fantastic games that came before it. It's one thing to try new things with a series, but when you don't respect the fans of your previous games then that's a good way to lose them (for the new game). I hated that whole beginning where they make fun of collectathons and imply that it's a stupid genre. The developers somehow forgot that Banjo-Kazooie and -Tooie are regarded as the games that perfected their genre. Also L.O.G. was a bit too fourth-wall breaking. Like, I don't need to be explicitly told that I'm playing a video game by a character in a video game.

Sorry to be a bit negative but I'm sure I'm not alone. I am very relieved of course that N&B is not the main reference in Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Gotta say, CosmicQuark, I also really love your signature banner with Mario, Link, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo & Kazooie together! I always considered Mario, the Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon the 'Big Three' franchises of Nintendo, and having them with the biggest third party characters/mascots is so fitting. Even though Pikachu is the de facto mascot of Pokemon, it's really fitting having Pokemon Trainer there instead, Red was the original protagonist after all with the OG starters as his reps! They all look so good together <3
Thank you! When Banjo & Kazooie were announced, there were so many things I wanted to do--that being one of them. While people criticized Banjo & Kazooie for "not being iconic enough" and "irrelevant", in my heart they were always within the conversation of iconic characters like Mega Man and PAC-MAN--not at their level, but icons nevertheless, particularly Nintendo icons. And with their trailer ending with all those characters--third party icons and Nintendo icons alike--it felt like validation. Why else have those particular characters celebrating their arrival?

And yeah, I've debated on whether to use Pikachu or Pokemon Trainer, since Pikachu's more iconic of the series. For my banner, it's mainly characters I love in Smash, picking out the icons, and Pokemon Trainer is my main (until this fall). I guess I have a thing for two-in-one and three-in-one characters. :chuckle:

The only thing is between making my banner, my wallpaper, and my fan-made "Deluxe" cover of Ultimate, I've had to use a lot of photo editing because Banjo & Kazooie's page is not up (and no stock icons on SB too). I'm guessing it won't be until after Hero's released. But I can wait, I'm still overloaded with hype!

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice

I would just make them go back in time or something and have Kazooie and Tooie remakes (not remasters). Same basic story that's already happened with remixed challenges and improving upon the flaws of the originals and just let them riff on everything that came before them (the originals and N&B). Humba could keep her more modern design (even let them lampshade why for a joke) when they come across her in Tooie, the worlds in Tooie could be made a bit more compact, etc, etc, etc.

And once the Tooie remake/remix is completed then Banjo-Threeie as it would've been made. Only call it Banjo-Threeie because that's what it was called in Tooie, though. The pun doesn't work anymore and it wouldn't work with Banjo-Fourie either so I hope a new pun is thought of by then.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So, I was thinking about the Spiral Mountain stage and how amazing it is to see Bottles, Mumbo Jumbo, and Gruntilda back in HD on a Nintendo console as well and it makes me hope that we might get some other cameos of BK characters throughout the stage. Would love to see Tooty, Brentilda, Klungo, Jamjars, Humba Wumba, and King Jingaling make appearances in some capacity. I'm sure we'll get a few spirits of classic characters, but I really hope they'll be cheering on the fights on Spiral Mountain!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So, I was thinking about the Spiral Mountain stage and how amazing it is to see Bottles, Mumbo Jumbo, and Gruntilda back in HD on a Nintendo console as well and it makes me hope that we might get some other cameos of BK characters throughout the stage. Would love to see Tooty, Brentilda, Klungo, Jamjars, Humba Wumba, and King Jingaling make appearances in some capacity. I'm sure we'll get a few spirits of classic characters, but I really hope they'll be cheering on the fights on Spiral Mountain!
In that tiny trailer, it had everything I expected, hoped for, and more than I could have imagined. All their moves taken straight from the game, with little liberties to fit them into Smash, taking on a beautiful HD version of their N64 model. That recreation of Spiral Mountain for their stage with a unique twist, Gruntilda and Bottles, the look at Gruntilda's Lair--It looked liked I was watching a remake of the first game. And that's not all! The Jinjonator with K Rool falling into the ground with the rock falling on him, just like Gruntilda in the first game--I'm pretty much watching a beautifully updated ending of Banjo-Kazooie with K Rool being Grunty. But wait, there's more! Grant Kirkhope did the re-mix of Spiral Mountain?! I didn't even know that was possible! It sounds so amazing. That build up, the instrumentation of the melody, the callbacks to music from other stages, then that triumphant climax. *in tears*

I've watched that trailer a million times, watched people's reactions thousands of times. All of it is a thing of beauty, and it's great seeing so many people sharing the love.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
In that tiny trailer, it had everything I expected, hoped for, and more than I could have imagined. All their moves taken straight from the game, with little liberties to fit them into Smash, taking on a beautiful HD version of their N64 model. That recreation of Spiral Mountain for their stage with a unique twist, Gruntilda and Bottles, the look at Gruntilda's Lair--It looked liked I was watching a remake of the first game. And that's not all! The Jinjonator with K Rool falling into the ground with the rock falling on him, just like Gruntilda in the first game--I'm pretty much watching a beautifully updated ending of Banjo-Kazooie with K Rool being Grunty. But wait, there's more! Grant Kirkhope did the re-mix of Spiral Mountain?! I didn't even know that was possible! It sounds so amazing. That build up, the instrumentation of the melody, the callbacks to music from other stages, then that triumphant climax. *in tears*

I've watched that trailer a million times, watched people's reactions thousands of times. All of it is a thing of beauty, and it's great seeing so many people sharing the love.
Could not agree more. Seeing your new profile pic as well gets me so hyped seeing the Talon Trot make its triumphant return! Kazooie is gonna lug that big bear into battle and no one is gonna stop her! I know they're ecstatic to finally be part of the biggest most epic video gaming crossover of all time! There's so much about their inclusion to Smash I'm looking forward to, I literally cannot wait for Fall/Autumn now!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Banjo Kazooie represents Nintendo's greatest ally during the 90's and stood up against the PlayStation when Capcom, Namco and Konami weren't there for them. I think if not for Rare, the Nintendo 64 probably would have struggled a lot more against the PlayStation and Donkey Kong would have been an obscure character just like Pit and Mach Rider. Having Banjo Kazooie is a great way to conserve Rare's impact in Nintendo's history, is the new found relationship with Microsoft as third party developers for Nintendo and is a testament to our dedication as fans to keep our Bear and Bird combo out of the darkness and into the light!

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I think Grunties Lair has the most potential for an epic orchestral rearrangement. It could be the best BK Track in Ultimate if it gets the Gang Plank Galleon Treatment.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I think Grunties Lair has the most potential for an epic orchestral rearrangement. It could be the best BK Track in Ultimate if it gets the Gang Plank Galleon Treatment.
If Gruntilda's Lair gets an epic remix like that, I will go absolute ape**** over it! I'm not expecting too many remixes but if we got one for that and even for the main Banjo-Kazooie theme, I'd be so content with that.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
If Gruntilda's Lair gets an epic remix like that, I will go absolute ape**** over it! I'm not expecting too many remixes but if we got one for that and even for the main Banjo-Kazooie theme, I'd be so content with that.
YES!! If we (hypothetically speaking) get only one other remix aside from "Spiral Mountain", then I want it to be the first games's final boss; that has potential to be AMAZING!

On a side note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I’m still wondering if they’re going to remix the main theme or focus their efforts on remixing level themes. There are already two versions of it counting the rock theme done in Nuts & Bolts.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Could not agree more. Seeing your new profile pic as well gets me so hyped seeing the Talon Trot make its triumphant return! Kazooie is gonna lug that big bear into battle and no one is gonna stop her! I know they're ecstatic to finally be part of the biggest most epic video gaming crossover of all time! There's so much about their inclusion to Smash I'm looking forward to, I literally cannot wait for Fall/Autumn now!
Indeed, I love Kazooie's expressions, especially in this image. One of the great things about Smash is how much attention to detail is done to the littlest things--though, it's really hard to appreciate them when playing the game. Which is why I love the video editing tools, though it's been taking me a while to get used to it. Definitely going to get more into that when Banjo & Kazooie arrive.

There's so many directions they can go with it. They could do an orchestral rearrangement, or what I would love, but don't expect, a medley where they have bits from the stage versions of the song. And while it's fun speculating about moves, for me, I'm just curious how many songs and what songs are chosen for the series. Grant Kirkhope coming back to do a re-mix of Spiral Mountain definitely gives me hope they go all out on the music. Though, since it's DLC, perhaps we won't get a Castlevania-like quantity of songs.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Depending on how much appreciation there's been for the series on Eastern ponds, I think we may get a fair few good remixes. Not to Mega Man levels of course, but a decent amount.

Yes! Not literally of course, as funny as it would be for Grunty to diss the duo in the form of scatting rap.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I completed Banjo-Kazooie for the 19th time in Rare Replay... literally a month ago so I guess now is a good time to start Tooie and finish it. Then make my way through Grunty's Revenge and possibly Nuts & Bolts.
I played thru Banjo-Kazooie on Saturday and I'm making my way through Banjo-Tooie. 6 hours in, I'm about to head on into Grunty Industries and I can't say I'm excited about it. Easily my least favorite level in the game.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey fellas, i'm planning to try and buy Banjo Tooie at one of the thrift stores far from my location area, but if i don't find it then i will pick out another game(unless it's not a game i want) and/or order it online.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Depending on how much appreciation there's been for the series on Eastern ponds, I think we may get a fair few good remixes. Not to Mega Man levels of course, but a decent amount.

Yes! Not literally of course, as funny as it would be for Grunty to diss the duo in the form of scatting rap.
I think Grant Kirkhope is friends on Facebook with many of the composers in Smash. I know David Wise is. I expect at least Yoko Shimomura to cover.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
They need to reboot the series. Make a giant Banjo game (with that BanjoX spirit) containing new worlds, and old worlds from BK/BT. And then..... for the sequel........ Banjo-Kazooie-Kong.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They need to reboot the series. Make a giant Banjo game (with that BanjoX spirit) containing new worlds, and old worlds from BK/BT. And then..... for the sequel........ Banjo-Kazooie-Kong.
Especially with that formerly-planned gimmick of Gruntilda hounding you constantly throughout the game. It'd be the Remastered/Reignited of Banjo games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom