• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Do you guys think Spiral Mountain will be the first ever stage to have full 360 vision in Labo VR mode without the screen blacking out? I mean, considering how the stage is set up, it'd be a surprise if it wasn't.

ze9

Smash Ace
If all the Miyamoto rumors of him disliking all the Rare games are true, I would like to see him squirm watching the Banjo reveal trailer.
Remember last year we heard from DKVine that there were higher ups that were part of the problem with K. Rool's absence, I am sure it was Miyamoto. Don't forgot his "we took out stuff that didn't work" quote for Donkey Kong Country Returns. I hope the Mayles brothers reveal all one day. (once they are retired, of course)
I hope however that's not true, or he has changed his views.
To be fair, Miyamoto actually praised the first Banjo-Kazooie a lot.

SKX31

Smash Master
Once this DLC wraps up, Sakurai will have spent 8 years working on Smash nonstop. Considering his statement on DLC and Nintendo's history of being relatively conservative with paid DLC, I don't see it as wise to assume we will get more. Best to consider it a nice surprise if we do.
Problem is, what else is there for Sakurai to work on? He's not going back to Kirby, and while he could work on an Uprising sequel, Uprising wrapped up rather neatly by itself. With the only real sequel hook being Hades popping in post-credits to talk with the player. Whatever Sakurai decides to do - Uprising sequel or other IP - he has to start from square 1 with the game's engine and all that. Further Smash DLC has one advantage, namely that he and the team have the game itself done and they can decide how far they wanna push.

Complications like that is why I personally begun refraining from predicting if we get further DLC or not.

Was watching a video on YouTube and discovered yet *another* reference. The jiggies are in a 10x6 grid, with 4 empty spaces for their heads--60 + 4, 64. I don't think it's stretching, it's neat, and mirrors Shinobi posting on 6/4. Even if it was unintentional, that's pretty neat regardless.

We can add this to the growing list of easter eggs, including referencing the snake jiggy in Mayaham Temple, Chimpy and Conga as Diddy and DK, and the more obvious ones (e.g., King K Rool's trailer spoof, ending of the first game, etc.).
I'm just amazed that they managed to sneak in at least one N&B reference.

Do you guys think Spiral Mountain will be the first ever stage to have full 360 vision in Labo VR mode without the screen blacking out? I mean, considering how the stage is set up, it'd be a surprise if it wasn't.
Could maayybe see it? We already have the fully 3D camera, so the VR functionality could work with that.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Problem is, what else is there for Sakurai to work on? He's not going back to Kirby, and while he could work on a Uprising sequel, Uprising wrapped up rather neatly by itself. With the only real sequel hook being Hades popping in post-credits to talk with the player. Whatever Sakurai decides to do - Uprising sequel or other IP - he has to start from square 1 with the game's engine and all that. Further Smash DLC has one advantage, namely that he and the team have the game itself done and they can decide how far they wanna push.

Complications like that is why I personally begun refraining from predicting if we get further DLC or not.

I'm just amazed that they managed to sneak in at least one N&B reference.

Could maayybe see it? We already have the fully 3D camera, so the VR functionality could work with that.
I'm perfectly fine with them having Nuts & Bolts references, so long as it's mainly the originals. I'm even fine with a L.O.G. spirit--so long as Banjo & Kazooie themselves remain their N64 selves.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Problem is, what else is there for Sakurai to work on? He's not going back to Kirby, and while he could work on an Uprising sequel, Uprising wrapped up rather neatly by itself. With the only real sequel hook being Hades popping in post-credits to talk with the player. Whatever Sakurai decides to do - Uprising sequel or other IP - he has to start from square 1 with the game's engine and all that. Further Smash DLC has one advantage, namely that he and the team have the game itself done and they can decide how far they wanna push.

Complications like that is why I personally begun refraining from predicting if we get further DLC or not..
And we still don't know what he needed that blasted Vifam model rifle as a reference for...

It's best not to think about the issue of Sakurai's work schedule anyway and just enjoy the ride.

kCxWGSH.gif

I'm perfectly fine with them having Nuts & Bolts references, so long as it's mainly the originals. I'm even fine with a L.O.G. spirit--so long as Banjo & Kazooie themselves remain their N64 selves.
Besides, I'm sure everyone would want to express what they think about N&B to L.O.G. :demon:

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, until it's officially stated otherwise, I'm still assuming that this is going to be the only Fighter Pass we get.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
And we still don't know what he needed that blasted Vifam model rifle as a reference for...

It's best not to think about the issue of Sakurai's work schedule anyway and just enjoy the ride.

View attachment 228231

Besides, I'm sure everyone would want to express what they think about N&B to L.O.G. :demon:
Obvious bias here but I still think it was for an updated Geno.
81zSyXCiwKL._SX466_.jpg
images (2).jpg

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

Sakurai can work on whatever he wants. Who would have predicted he would work on a Kid Icarus reboot after Brawl? He's spoken before about how he isn't a huge fan of doing sequels over and over (lol) so I'm sure starting over is not a problem for him.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'm personally fine with it. I find Smash speculation, as fun as it is, exhausting at times and I don't think I can take another DLC cycle. The base game is more than worth its value with 70+ characters and 103 stages. So far the three announced DLC packs are phenomenal in quality and content so it's definitely worth its value as well. While there's still a few first party characters I'd like to see like Dixie and Bandana Dee, I have no problems with this being the only DLC we have. This is above and beyond my wildest dreams for a Smash game.

My hope is the next Smash is a DX version of Ultimate, with the whole game + DLC, and even more old stages brought back, but I don't know how likely that is. Might as well enjoy this one to its fullest.

Once this DLC wraps up, Sakurai will have spent 8 years working on Smash nonstop. Considering his statement on DLC and Nintendo's history of being relatively conservative with paid DLC, I don't see it as wise to assume we will get more. Best to consider it a nice surprise if we do.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this Smash game was when Sakurai jumped off as director. All the time I see people say they'd be content if future Smash titles were just Ultimate ports with graphical touch ups, slight physics changes and buffs/nerfs, and a few new characters each time per console generation. Sakurai said he's not sure they could do Ultimate again, but you know you can't do cuts now without making those few odd Wii Fit or Duck Hunt or Corrin mains sad next Smash edition, and nevermind if they drop Banjo-Kazzoie or Ridley or the like next game, there'd be riots. In a way, Ultimate acts as a template to use going forward; Sakurai could bounce and pass the torch to a new director, possible while still being a creative consultant, and the series would be in good hands.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Man just think knowing how sakurai dose things he probably played through all of kazooie tooie & nuts & bolts B4 adding banjo

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I completed Banjo-Kazooie for the 19th time in Rare Replay... literally a month ago so I guess now is a good time to start Tooie and finish it. Then make my way through Grunty's Revenge and possibly Nuts & Bolts.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Not a bad deal, there are more humiliating games to get saddled with, with all honesty. I just regret that Katsuragi isn't in there, never mind Homura...
No kidding, assuming this is some kind of dating sim, or even one of the raw games, Off the top of my head I can think of worse. Make somebody buy Hatoful Boyfirend, or Angels with Scaly Wings, or the Namco dating sim where you play as a Katamari and it has Homestuck characters in it for some reason.

*EDIT* So, going down a rabbit hole wherein I remembered that Namco dating Sim existed, I'm saddened to see that it might have been wiped from existence, and now I am sad that I will never know the joy of making a Katamari date the ship from Galaga.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I know people are doubting a hypothetical 2nd fighter's pass, but didn't data miners find 16 character slots in WoL? Obviously, they are not going to fill up all 16, but it seems they are at least future proofing Smash for some more DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if we got at least one more fighter's pass.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
WOAH! Guys! Remember the datamine that found data for Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps Spirits? I think they might be in Banjo’s Spirit Board!

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
WOAH! Guys! Remember the datamine that found data for Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps Spirits? I think they might be in Banjo’s Spirit Board!
Damn I remember that datamine, you might be right there. Maybe the spirits will not only be centered around the Banjo franchise but also on other Rare IPs. A conker spirit would be dank!

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
I don't know why because now why am I shipping this now because who on earth started these love birds to do what?​

....png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sakurai can work on whatever he wants. Who would have predicted he would work on a Kid Icarus reboot after Brawl? He's spoken before about how he isn't a huge fan of doing sequels over and over (lol) so I'm sure starting over is not a problem for him.
Maybe so, but the thing is he rarely does much of that between Smash games. Unlike with Kirby, he's in it for the long haul since he's relied on for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masahiro_Sakurai

We can't predict the future. Who knows what he's going to do after this game's eventually done? Besides not do anything noteworthy between now and sometime in the next 10 years (Smash obviously will be put on hiatus in the meantime). I can't really see him immediately take on a new project since he might want to rest anyways. :drshrug:

Way ahead of you on that front. That seems to be the plan, so far.

No kidding, assuming this is some kind of dating sim, or even one of the raw games, Off the top of my head I can think of worse. Make somebody buy Hatoful Boyfirend, or Angels with Scaly Wings, or the Namco dating sim where you play as a Katamari and it has Homestuck characters in it for some reason.

*EDIT* So, going down a rabbit hole wherein I remembered that Namco dating Sim existed, I'm saddened to see that it might have been wiped from existence, and now I am sad that I will never know the joy of making a Katamari date the ship from Galaga.
It's a pinball game, actually (hence Peach Ball). Just literally knocking some sense into the girl for reasons. At least it's not the spin-off that involves massaging...

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I truly did not recall this.

Well I'm excited more than ever for this amiibo.
Just so you know the Amiibo won't have them with the banjo and horn "kazoo," sadly. It'll probably be based off of the official render like all of the previous Amiibo. I mean, unless we see more B-K games on the Switch in the future. Here's hopin'.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I don't know why because now why am I shipping this now because who on earth started these love birds to do what?​

View attachment 228247
THIS!!! Soon after Banjo-Kazooie got confirmed, it was only a matter of time that I too thought, "whoa... wait till Kazooie finds out about Falco". And not just Kazooie, but also Grunty (once she finds out about Ganondorf). :laugh:

SKX31

Smash Master
If those spirits turn out to be in the game, then Nexon's chances of getting one of the remaining DLC slots go way up (via Devil's Third being found in the very same datamine). No, seriously. I could see two candidates from them: MapleStory, and perhaps (big perhaps) Dungeon Fighter.

THAT would be the curveball to end all curveballs. Also, Nexon has a severe microtransaction / P2W streak, so if a Nexon rep makes it in I do suspect that there will be a lot of question marks raised.

(*Kinda weird trivia: A Nexon rep would be the first Korean rep, and likely be primarily aimed at the Eastern Asian audiences in general. Not just Japan and Korea, but also marketing towards China..)

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
If those spirits turn out to be in the game, then Nexon's chances of getting one of the remaining DLC slots go way up (via Devil's Third being found in the very same datamine). No, seriously. I could see two candidates from them: MapleStory, and perhaps (big perhaps) Dungeon Fighter.

THAT would be the curveball to end all curveballs. Also, Nexon has a severe microtransaction / P2W streak, so if a Nexon rep makes it in I do suspect that there will be a lot of question marks raised.

(*Kinda weird trivia: A Nexon rep would be the first Korean rep, and likely be primarily aimed at the Eastern Asian audiences in general. Not just Japan and Korea, but also marketing towards China..)
Oh, god. I hope that's wrong, wrong, wrong.

D

Deleted member

I forgot to make this meme.

Banjo and Ken:"Steveposting has been defeated! Mach Rider! Isaac! Shadow! Chorus Kids! Geno! Grinch! It's over......"

Can someone edit this image so it features the characters i mentioned above? Please?

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Look how nice Banjo and Kazooie look alongside the original eight Smash characters.

I never thought I'd see the day ; __ ;

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I just had to share all these reaction compilations.

It truly warms my heart to see the bear and bird so beloved by so many people. Even Japan was freaking out over their inclusion! I'm so glad both the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie have been so well received. It makes me so excited and intrigued over who will be the last two fighters in the Fighter Pass!

Look how nice Banjo and Kazooie look alongside the original eight Smash characters.

I never thought I'd see the day ; __ ;
They do look so damn great together, I'm so freaking excited to see all these iconic video game characters together at long last!!! Where did you find renders at that size? I want to see Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo-Kazooie all together as well ^^

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I'll share my reaction as well. If you can't tell, I'm the guy sobbing uncontrollably.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I just had to share all these reaction compilations.

It truly warms my heart to see the bear and bird so beloved by so many people. Even Japan was freaking out over their inclusion! I'm so glad both the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie have been so well received. It makes me so excited and intrigued over who will be the last two fighters in the Fighter Pass!

They do look so damn great together, I'm so freaking excited to see all these iconic video game characters together at long last!!! Where did you find renders at that size? I want to see Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo-Kazooie all together as well ^^
But remember guys...

"pEoPlE dOn'T cArE aBoUt bAnJo aNyMoRe"

Amirite?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I forgot to make this meme.

Banjo and Ken:"Steveposting has been defeated! Mach Rider! Isaac! Shadow! Chorus Kids! Geno! Grinch! It's over......"

Can someone edit this image so it features the characters i mentioned above? Please?
This is not your image in particular but I have my own version of this

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I shrunk them down in Paint Tool SAI. I'll make that for you real quick.

D

Deleted member

The Devil's Third Spirits could have been just spirits. Remember, Ubisoft has Rayman and Rabbids spirits in the game, but that's it. It's likely DT would of had a similar situation but fell apart for whatever reason.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
But remember guys...

"pEoPlE dOn'T cArE aBoUt bAnJo aNyMoRe"

Amirite?
Also, don't put Banjo-Kazooie's and Duck Hunt's renders side by side. They're practically identical and they would just get mixed up. Because BK is an echo of Duck Hunt.

Kazooie Hunt.

Top Bottom