• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
1. Click Clock Woods
2. Mad Monster Mansion
3. Rusty Bucket Bay (super underrated)
4. Freezeezy Peak
5. Bubblegloop Swamp
6. Gobi’s Valley
7. Mumbo’s Mountain
8. Treasure Trove Cove
9. Clanker’s Cavern

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
We also didn't know exactly how many fighters we were getting last time while the game was still being supported, so reveals could've been digested a bit easier if it was a character someone didn't necessarily agree with. Both Corrin and Bayonetta seemed to receive more flak than the rest of Sm4sh's DLC, and that's probably because they were the last two fighters to be announced for the game. Since the Fighter's Pass consists of five characters, the Internet might grow a bit more toxic if the last two spots go to characters from a genre that's already well represented in the pack.
Well Corrin was an FE character and from a game not even from the states and Bayo was broken and then discovered she didn't actually get in due to the ballot at all. If the rest of the pack is from RPGs the most that will happen is that vocal minority that keeps calling every fighter generic anime will be annoying for a minute and then fizzle out like always. Besides one there are still RPG characters that would cause a lot of hype like Sora or the fan darlings Isaac and Geno.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, people severely doubt that Nintendo will do anything regarding the 16 empty slots that were datamined in World of Light a while back, when there's little to no reason to ignore the majority of them. Unlike last time, there's all the time in the world for a little extra DLC, whereas Smash 4 was released as the momentum for the 3DS' (and, by proxy, the Wii U's) lifespan was starting to wind down.

Ultimate having only one season would be weird to me, as fighting games like Dragon Ball Fighter Z have no problem getting more than one. It seems like people are setting themselves up to be pleasantly surprised without realising it once again, seeing as the mentality of thinking inside the box remains.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Might as well list my top Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie levels!

Banjo-Kazooie:
  1. Click Clock Wood
  2. Freezeezy Peak
  3. Mad Monster Mansion
  4. Mumbo's Mountain
  5. Treasure Trove Cove
  6. Gobi's Valley
  7. Bubblegloop Swamp
  8. Clanker's Cavern
  9. Rusty Bucket Bay
Banjo-Tooie:
  1. Terrydactyland
  2. Hailfire Peaks
  3. Mayahem Temple
  4. Witchyworld
  5. Grunty Industries
  6. Glitter Gulch Mine
  7. Cloud Cuckooland
  8. Jolly Roger's Lagoon

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Meanwhile, people severely doubt that Nintendo will do anything regarding the 16 empty slots that were datamined in World of Light a while back, when there's little to no reason to ignore the majority of them. Unlike last time, there's all the time in the world for a little extra DLC, whereas Smash 4 was released as the momentum for the 3DS' (and, by proxy, the Wii U's) lifespan was starting to wind down.

Ultimate having only one season would be weird to me, as fighting games like Dragon Ball Fighter Z have no problem getting more than one. It seems like people are setting themselves up to be pleasantly surprised without realising it once again, seeing as the mentality of thinking inside the box remains.
Don't alternate model skins take up a character slot? I swear I heard that was the case awhile back.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Nah, that's for the datamined ID slots (of which there are 29), which are for characters and their alts. WOL's slots are characters-only. Sadly, those get mixed up far too easily.
Ah I gotcha. Yeah it would be really strange for Sakurai and his team to program in that many extra character slots with no intention of using them. We know right now that Nintendo's president loves the idea of using DLC to extend the lifespan of their games. And Smash Ultimate needs to last the entire Switch lifespan. Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo talked Sakurai into doing at least a 2nd Fighter Pass. A 3rd is a lot more unlikely though. He did however program in the slots for 3 fighter passes and piranha plant. So I guess all we can do is sit and wait to see what happens. I would hate for Sakurai to be chained to smash for 2 more years of DLC characters though.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Mario Kart 8 DX is the most successful Switch game and has no paid DLC. I don't really see a reason to think there will be more than one pass besides other companies doing it (when Nintendo rarely has more than a year of paid DLC for their games).

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mario Kart 8 DX is the most successful Switch game and has no paid DLC. I don't really see a reason to think there will be more than one pass besides other companies doing it (when Nintendo rarely has more than a year of paid DLC for their games).
I mean, it is a complete version of a game that DID get DLC

StormC

Smash Hero
No. Its. Not.
One is a new game from the ground up, the other is an enhanced version of a Wii U game. It's semantics. Both came with the DLC of the previous game. If Nintendo was so headstrong about DLC content, why is only one of these games getting it?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
One is a new game from the ground up, the other is an enhanced version of a Wii U game. It's semantics. Both came with the DLC of the previous game. If Nintendo was so headstrong about DLC content, why is only one of these games getting it?
Because one is a new entry and one was a port with a little extra content to justify charging people full price again.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
My list of favourite levels:

Banjo-Kazooie
  1. Freezeezy Peak
  2. Treasure Trove Cove
  3. Click Clock Woods
  4. Gobi's Valley
  5. Bubblegloop Swamp
  6. Mumbos Mountains
  7. Rusty Bucket Bay
  8. Mad Monster Mansion
Banjo-Tooie
  1. Glitter Gultch Mine
  2. Witchy World
  3. Jolly Rogers Lagoon
  4. Terrydactyland
  5. Mayahem Temple
  6. Hailfire Peaks
  7. Grunty Industries
  8. Cloud Cuckooland
Honestly some of my favourite moments in Banjo are in the Hub world though

D

Deleted member

So for some of the moves we haven't gotten confirmed yet, here's what I think they could do:

Dash Attack: Roll Attack (preferably the one from Tooie)
Down Smash: Pack Whack
Up Smash: Kazooie stabs with her beak upwards
Up Tilt: Kazooie hits with her wings kinda like Ridley does
Neutral Air: Wing Whack (sideways like Ivysaur/Piranha Plant)
Down Air: Beak Buster/Bill Drill
Forward Air: Rat-a-tat Rap
Up Air: maybe a flip kick that resembles Flap Flip (although that move is already referenced in a backwards jump apparently)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Beak Buster/Bill Drill better be one of the fastest diving DAirs in the game.

Beak Buster being a single hitting powerful spike. Bill Drill being a multi hitting version that deals much more damage and better kill power (since the start-up is longer.) I wanna edgeguard Joker & Arsene with a ground pounding bear & bird. Complete with the spark zoom-in for the game.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think banjo has made me so content that I don't even really care to speculate about smash anymore. Aside from maybe Geno, there's nobody left that's interesting listen to Rumours about. Unless we start hearing that there won't only be third parties in the fighter then I think all that is left for me is to wait for banjo and enjoy Playing as him when he finally gets here.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Beak Buster/Bill Drill better be one of the fastest diving DAirs in the game.

Beak Buster being a single hitting powerful spike. Bill Drill being a multi hitting version that deals much more damage and better kill power (since the start-up is longer.) I wanna edgeguard Joker & Arsene with a ground pounding bear & bird. Complete with the spark zoom-in for the game.
I imagine his down air would work the same speed as toon links but with the bounce effect normal link has after making contact.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
After Sakurai's statement that Nintendo was the one that wanted DLC, I feel like unless Nintendo sees huge profits in seeing a season 2, it's not happening--we were lucky to get the season pass we have (and so glad, because without it, I wouldn't have gotten my Banjo and Kazooie).

I feel like Smash Ultimate is the type of game you have as much DLC for as possible. The base game itself, to me, lacks the amount of content I would expect from the new game, it feels more like a greatest hits with a little extra. DLC has finally made Ultimate seem like it has enough content worthy of a new game. And with every character coming back, it would suck having a new game that lacks that. Just keep adding to Ultimate until balancing becomes impossible.

But I'll change my mind if Banjo & Kazooie become a perennial third party character like Sonic. Spencer says it was an easy deal--call his bluff Nintendo, and keep Banjo & Kazooie in forever with his family.

StormC

Smash Hero
After Sakurai's statement that Nintendo was the one that wanted DLC, I feel like unless Nintendo sees huge profits in seeing a season 2, it's not happening--we were lucky to get the season pass we have (and so glad, because without it, I wouldn't have gotten my Banjo and Kazooie).

I feel like Smash Ultimate is the type of game you have as much DLC for as possible. The base game itself, to me, lacks the amount of content I would expect from the new game, it feels more like a greatest hits with a little extra. DLC has finally made Ultimate seem like it has enough content worthy of a new game. And with every character coming back, it would suck having a new game that lacks that. Just keep adding to Ultimate until balancing becomes impossible.

But I'll change my mind if Banjo & Kazooie become a perennial third party character like Sonic. Spencer says it was an easy deal--call his bluff Nintendo, and keep Banjo & Kazooie in forever with his family.
I'm personally fine with it. I find Smash speculation, as fun as it is, exhausting at times and I don't think I can take another DLC cycle. The base game is more than worth its value with 70+ characters and 103 stages. So far the three announced DLC packs are phenomenal in quality and content so it's definitely worth its value as well. While there's still a few first party characters I'd like to see like Dixie and Bandana Dee, I have no problems with this being the only DLC we have. This is above and beyond my wildest dreams for a Smash game.

My hope is the next Smash is a DX version of Ultimate, with the whole game + DLC, and even more old stages brought back, but I don't know how likely that is. Might as well enjoy this one to its fullest.

Once this DLC wraps up, Sakurai will have spent 8 years working on Smash nonstop. Considering his statement on DLC and Nintendo's history of being relatively conservative with paid DLC, I don't see it as wise to assume we will get more. Best to consider it a nice surprise if we do.

ze9

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about Banjo being cut in a sequel. As long as Nintendo and Microsoft stay on good terms, and they probably will, Banjo's not going anywhere.

That said, I'd also like to see Ultimate get as much DLC as possible. The "Everyone is here" thing may not happen again, and Ultimate is basically videogames' hall of fame now. It would be a shame to lose parts of this amazing roster in future installments. Instead, I want to see it keep on growing.

Plus, now that I've got all my mains, Banjo, Ridley, K. Rool, Dark Samus and the Belmonts (and also Isabelle, I love playing as Isabelle for some reason), I feel pretty satiated. For once, I'd really like to sit back, relax, and enjoy Sakurai's wild ride for as long as possilbe. I want to see who he'll add now. I'm betting on Doom Guy.
Everything from here on is just a bonus to me, though. The Pass could end at Banjo and I'd still feel satisfied. But seeing the roster getting bigger and biggerr would be awesome,
And finally, despite all that, I still want Dixie, and I want her in Ultimate. If there's even more DLC, I hope she manages to get in.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm personally fine with it. I find Smash speculation, as fun as it is, exhausting at times and I don't think I can take another DLC cycle. The base game is more than worth its value with 70+ characters and 103 stages. So far the three announced DLC packs are phenomenal in quality and content so it's definitely worth its value as well. While there's still a few first party characters I'd like to see like Dixie and Bandana Dee, I have no problems with this being the only DLC we have. This is above and beyond my wildest dreams for a Smash game.

My hope is the next Smash is a DX version of Ultimate, with the whole game + DLC, and even more old stages brought back, but I don't know how likely that is. Might as well enjoy this one to its fullest.

Once this DLC wraps up, Sakurai will have spent 8 years working on Smash nonstop. Considering his statement on DLC and Nintendo's history of being relatively conservative with paid DLC, I don't see it as wise to assume we will get more. Best to consider it a nice surprise if we do.
It definitely depends on the person. For me, Ultimate felt like a remastered greatest hits, rather than the new game they advertised it as (6 unique characters, 4-6 less than the original Smash 64, only 4 new stages). The best stuff was more QOL improvements--Spirits mode didn't interest me. The one great announcement was everyone returning, everything after fell short to get me hyped. Of course, Banjo & Kazooie getting in now means I'll probably be playing non-stop now--though, I think it would be disingenuous of me for that announcement to change my view of how I felt with the base game.

For me, I feel like they could stop now. Banjo & Kazooie was the only character I felt was truly missing. That being said, when Ultimate was first announced, what I thought they were going to do is make Ultimate the final game, and just keep adding new stuff through DLC. That would be the most ideal scenario--you never have to worry about a favorite being cut again or missing a character. It would be lame to after Ultimate go back to removing characters, and Sakurai did say the next game would likely have cuts, so I'm very doubtful of a Ultimate DX. I'd love that, though.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
On the subject of Ultimate as a game, I honestly feel like this really should be the last Smash Bros. With Banjo-Kazooie now in alongside long-time fan favorite and seemingly impossible requests including Cloud Strife, Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and Joker from Persona, along with everyone returning from every past Smash Bros. game, I really feel like any sequel they come out with would actually be a downgrade without any of them. Me personally, I think they should just keep this as the de facto Smash Bros. from now on and just add onto it and port it to future consoles. I would love them to bring back as much past content from previous games as possible, such as the last fifteen stages that aren’t in and bring in a few new stages such as Bowser’s Castle! Why we haven’t had a Bowser’s Castle stage in Smash since he’s been in the series is beyond me, plus more music as well! Hell, I’d love stage skins for Battlefield and Final Destination based on past versions from 64, Melee, Brawl, 3DS, and Wii U! Bring back all the modes, including other versions of Classic and Adventure mode, Target Test, Home Run Contest, and even Smash Run and Smash Tour! I freaking hated Smash Tour but with all this other stuff in the game, I’d gladly tolerate it and enjoy it just for the value of everything Smash-related being in the game! Heck, I’d love to see them bring back items that are no longer available like the Fan, the Red Shell, the Parasol, and the Cracker Launcher! Even Pokémon that are no longer in like Groudon and Blastoise would be cool to see return as Pokeball Pokémon! And I say all this mainly because I want Banjo-Kazooie to experience ALL that they missed in the past games that they SHOULD’VE been in since at least Melee! Make this game truly the Ultimate Smash by having everything and I mean EVERYTHING from previous games.

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Alright here are my faves.

Banjo-Kazooie:
-Mad Monster Mansion
-Gobi Valley
-Mumbo's Mountain
-Click Clock Woods
-Treasure Trove Cove
-Freezeezy Peak
-Bubblegloop Swamp
-Clanker's Cavern
-Rusty Bucket Bay

Banjo-Tooie:
-Glitter Gulch Mine
-Grunty's Industries
-Witchyworld
-Mayahem Temple
-Hailfire Peaks
-Terrydactyland
-Jolly Roger's Lagoon
-Cloud Cuckooland

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah I gotcha. Yeah it would be really strange for Sakurai and his team to program in that many extra character slots with no intention of using them. We know right now that Nintendo's president loves the idea of using DLC to extend the lifespan of their games. And Smash Ultimate needs to last the entire Switch lifespan. Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo talked Sakurai into doing at least a 2nd Fighter Pass. A 3rd is a lot more unlikely though. He did however program in the slots for 3 fighter passes and piranha plant. So I guess all we can do is sit and wait to see what happens. I would hate for Sakurai to be chained to smash for 2 more years of DLC characters though.
He doesn't seem to mind as long as he gets to make people happy as much as humanly possible, at least compared to some manga series Ultimate isn't never-ending (although Yoshihiro Togashi does get to take breaks from Hunter X Hunter every so often). It's just that his philosophy seems to show that he would have preferred the game to be "one and done" without the need for DLC, kind of like how Nomura would much rather get started on the next KH than do story-expansion DLC. One thing for sure is, they'd still continue to balance the game even if other characters aren't coming.

That being said...

JonSmash

Smash Ace
The Next Smash brothers should be something diffrent maybe around 50 characters

Smash Bros VS Capcom
Smash Bros VS Marvel
Smash Bros VS Shonen Jump

this way each game can always have new characters & give nintendo a good say 10 years to build up new characters & IP for another full smash bros

I could see Marvle happaning with how big the movies are but I would want the legacy vertion of the marvle characters in the game based on there comic apearences

so 20 Nintendo characters 5 guests like sonic megaman packman banjo kazooie & whatnot
& 25 marvel characters.

otherwise the nexts smash will be 100+ characters !? or MAJOR CUTS ! T_T & I feel a Cross over would make Cuts easyer to deal with

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The Next Smash brothers should be something diffrent maybe around 50 characters

Smash Bros VS Capcom
Smash Bros VS Marvel
Smash Bros VS Shonen Jump

this way each game can always have new characters & give nintendo a good say 10 years to build up new characters & IP for another full smash bros

I could see Marvle happaning with how big the movies are but I would want the legacy vertion of the marvle characters in the game based on there comic apearences

so 20 Nintendo characters 5 guests like sonic megaman packman banjo kazooie & whatnot
& 25 marvel characters.

otherwise the nexts smash will be 100+ characters !? or MAJOR CUTS ! T_T & I feel a Cross over would make Cuts easyer to deal with
I'd rather Nintendo just collaborated with Capcom, honestly.

Marvel vs Shonen Jump needs to be a thing though.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo could release another game with a new engine and get away with it, they could even release a classic mode that includes melee so people can play online with the old versions of the game.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If all the Miyamoto rumors of him disliking all the Rare games are true, I would like to see him squirm watching the Banjo reveal trailer.
Remember last year we heard from DKVine that there were higher ups that were part of the problem with K. Rool's absence, I am sure it was Miyamoto. Don't forgot his "we took out stuff that didn't work" quote for Donkey Kong Country Returns. I hope the Mayles brothers reveal all one day. (once they are retired, of course)
I hope however that's not true, or he has changed his views.

D

Deleted member

I just wanna remind you guys, because of the bet i made, i have to buy this game:

I'd rather Nintendo just collaborated with Capcom, honestly.

Marvel vs Shonen Jump needs to be a thing though.
Im surprised Shonen Jump Vs Capcom isn't still a thing.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
It's funny, King K Rool's trailer was my absolute favorite reveal trailer due to the multiple references and acknowledgements.
To have Banjo ironically be an upgraded version of the same goddamn trailer be my new favorite is just phenomenal.

Welcome back, Banjo and Kazooie

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If all the Miyamoto rumors of him disliking all the Rare games are true, I would like to see him squirm watching the Banjo reveal trailer.
Remember last year we heard from DKVine that there were higher ups that were part of the problem with K. Rool's absence, I am sure it was Miyamoto. Don't forgot his "we took out stuff that didn't work" quote for Donkey Kong Country Returns. I hope the Mayles brothers reveal all one day. (once they are retired, of course)
I hope however that's not true, or he has changed his views.
Supposedly, Miyamoto also didn't like the original Smash 64 prototype. I think if he's changed his views on that, the same could apply to Rare (assuming all of this is true, of course).

I just wanna remind you guys, because of the bet i made, i have to buy this game:

Yeah, or at least DC vs SJ. With Superman vs Goku on front cover.

Also... peachy. That's all I will say on the matter.

This is why I don't make promises.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Not a bad deal, there are more humiliating games to get saddled with, with all honesty. I just regret that Katsuragi isn't in there, never mind Homura...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Was watching a video on YouTube and discovered yet *another* reference. The jiggies are in a 10x6 grid, with 4 empty spaces for their heads--60 + 4, 64. I don't think it's stretching, it's neat, and mirrors Shinobi posting on 6/4. Even if it was unintentional, that's pretty neat regardless.

We can add this to the growing list of easter eggs, including referencing the snake jiggy in Mayaham Temple, Chimpy and Conga as Diddy and DK, and the more obvious ones (e.g., King K Rool's trailer spoof, ending of the first game, etc.).

MagnesD3

Smash Master
BK fav world order

1. Rusty Bucket Bay
2. Mad Monster Mansion
3. Treasure Trove Cove
4. Mumbos Mountain
5. Click Clock Wood
6. Freezeezy Peak
7. Gobis Valley
8. Clankers Cavern
9. Bubblegoop Swamp

BT Favorites

1. Hailfire Peaks
2. Witchy World
3. Glitter Gultch Mine
4. Jolly Rogers Bay
5. Mayaham Temple
6. Terrydacty Land
7. Grunties Industries
8. Cloud Cuck coo Land (worst level in the series imo)

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Supposedly, Miyamoto also didn't like the original Smash 64 prototype. I think if he's changed his views on that, the same could apply to Rare (assuming all of this is true, of course).
Heh, then he may not even care/didn’t watch the Banjo reveal trailer. Thanks for the info!!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Heh, then he may not even care/didn’t watch the Banjo reveal trailer. Thanks for the info!!
I will try to find the original source, don't quote it yet lol

EDIT: Okay, found it. It's not that he didn't like the game itself, but he was initially against using Nintendo characters (Smash originally began as an all-original fighting game from HAL).

Here it is, Dixie Kong Dixie Kong !

Last edited:
Top Bottom