• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey guys, do you guys remember that guy who asked us to vote for who we wanted him to draw next and the results had him draw both Banjo Kazooie and Sora? If anyone knows let me know because I wanted to see it again and see if he has updated it. I tried looking for it back a few hundred pages but I can't find it.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
SmashKeks SmashKeks well maybe not since B-K B-T & BKN&B are on game pass BUT I bet the game pass sales are up ! that or rare replay sales too
Fair enough, I don't know exactly how Microsoft distributes the BK games, so yeah if it's not a direct sale a la Eshop then I supposed sales wouldn't go up, but you know how I mean. I wonder how the pass and Rare Replay just sold in the past few days then.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Rare said banjo being in minecraft is canon so where dose that fit into your time line ? & where dose the Diddy kong racing DS fit into the timeline ? (eventho banjo isn't in it i just want to see where it is ? )

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, better late than never, but now that I've calmed down and had a lot of time to think and process, I'd like to present my current thoughts on the two new fighters:

Hero: To be honest, at first I didn't really care much for the Hero mainly because I'd never played a Dragon Quest game before, so I didn't have a lot of experience with the series, plus it can be difficult sometimes to fully grasp and process information on a single viewing. But after re-watching the trailer a few times, I actually really like what they're doing with the Hero. For starters, I like that they're including four different Heroes as different costumes (with the Luminary from DQ11 being the default), which means that they aren't just relying on one particular Hero to sell this. And secondly, I like the Mana gimmick that they incorporated; while at face value, it seems to resemble Robin's whole durability gimmick, there are two key differences: all the magic is tied to one meter instead of having multiple meters for each type, and the Hero seems to have access to a larger variety of abilities than Robin, who ultimately only had elemental magic to work with; the Hero on the other hand has that as well as stuff like a freezing slash, the ability to petrify himself to nullify damage, and my favorite: the ability to essentially blow himself up to do massive damage at the cost of a stock. My only real questions are how exactly does he access all these spells through that menu, and how does he recharge Mana without getting killed? Finally, one detail that I like is that, according to the Dragon Quest Wiki, all the spells demonstrated in the trailer are not only present in Dragon Quest but more-or-less operate similarly to how they do in Smash; that's pretty neat! Overall, I've really warmed up to the Hero, and I look forward to hearing more about how the Mana mechanic works! Side note: His Final Smash actually does look pretty damn awesome!

Banjo & Kazooie: Obviously, I freaking love what they did with the duo; a lot of their moves from the games (the Talon Trot, Eggs, Wonderwing, etc.) have been transferred pretty nicely over to Smash, and I like that they don't really seem to have any sort of overarching gimmick because, really, they don't need one; their moveset from their original games works well enough on their own. Their moveset also seems relatively simple enough that it's pretty appealing to a casual player like me. I do have two questions, though: 1. Do the duo have access to multiple Egg varieties? Because while they're seen using regular Blue Eggs for I'm guessing is their Neutral Special, but then later they poop out a Grenade Egg, so is it just that they use Grenade Eggs for that particular move, or are they able to access other types? And 2. How will the Wonderwing work with the Golden Feathers? Obviously, when the Feathers run out, the move won't work anymore, but like with the Here's Mana Meter, I'm wondering how exactly the duo will recover Feathers without having to kill themselves. Overall, the two of them look great, having a simple but fun moveset that looks like it could appeal more to casual players like me, which is basically all I could hope for! Also, I totally called their Final Smash being the Jinjnator!

And those are my thoughts on them right now; now to wait until Sakurai gives us more information on them!

D

Deleted member

What if when Kirby inhales Banjo, this character appears with him instead of Kazooie?
3B332BE0-B9B2-49AA-9D01-DD65D13FF498.png

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Coo isn’t a Sakurai creation so I doubt it...

Anyway, when you guys play Banjo Kazooie, do you prefer to do Freezeezy first or Gobi’s first? Personally, I’ve always done Gobi’s first.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah LM3 looks fun

I kinda want Gooigi to be playable in the next smash now ! so luigi can keep his moveset & Gooigi can use a poltegust moveset based of the luigi mantion games maybe even King Boo playable ?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Coo isn’t a Sakurai creation so I doubt it...

Anyway, when you guys play Banjo Kazooie, do you prefer to do Freezeezy first or Gobi’s first? Personally, I’ve always done Gobi’s first.
I prefer doing Freezeezy Peak first. It's one of my favorite stages, my favorite music, and the portrait comes first in the lair. I think if I was trying to play the game fast, I'd quickly pop over to Gobi's Valley to get the trainers, then pop back out and do Freezeezy Peak--that way I have the feeling of doing every level in one go, though with an asterisks.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, since I'm a bit bored, here's how I'd list the worlds in the first game in order of favorite to least-favorite:

1. Mad Monster Mansion
2. Click Clock Wood
3. Treasure Trove Cove
4. Freezeezy Peak
5. Gobi's Valley
6. Clanker's Cavern
7. Bubblegloop Swamp
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Rusty Bucket Bay

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
and I like that they don't really seem to have any sort of overarching gimmick because, really, they don't need one; their moveset from their original games works well enough on their own.

2. How will the Wonderwing work with the Golden Feathers? Obviously, when the Feathers run out, the move won't work anymore, but like with the Here's Mana Meter, I'm wondering how exactly the duo will recover Feathers without having to kill themselves.
Well, maybe hold your breath of that idea of them not having a gimmick of sorts, as I've seen some people suggest they might have a collection mechanic. How do you restock golden feathers/eggs? Well, maybe they spawn around the map and you have to keep a constant supply. It's too early to say if that's what's going on but, ugh, I personally kind of hope not. That alone could make them really bad if they have to go out of their way to leave the battle and go get some items lest their moves don't work.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I agree. It is already looking a lot more better than Luigi's Mansion 2.
Yeah LM3 looks fun

I kinda want Gooigi to be playable in the next smash now ! so luigi can keep his moveset & Gooigi can use a poltegust moveset based of the luigi mantion games maybe even King Boo playable ?
My 2nd most anticipated game after Pokemon Sword & Shield, I enjoyed and still have my copy of the 1st one on the Gamecube and had fun with Dark Moon on 3DS too so I will definitely pick this one up which I assume will come out in the fall probably sometime before Halloween.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Banjo & Kazooie were meant to be trophies in Melee:

It would have been cool to at least have the Duo as a Trophy in Melee, but they couldn't make it happen. This gives strenght to the idea of them beign AT LEAST considered for playable back in Melee because some other considered but rejected characters in Melee became trophies (like Balloon Fighter and Ayumi Tachibana)

Due to Banjo & Kazooie not beign in Melee's trophy gallery, this makes them one of the few playable characters in Ultimate to not have any trophies (regardless of which game they debuted in) at all because of trophies beign cut in Ultimate (this includes the Belmonts, Joker, Hero and Incineroar because they had no presence or didn't exist before Ultimate, as opposed to others)

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Apparently, Banjo & Kazooie were meant to be trophies in Melee:

It would have been cool to at least have the Duo as a Trophy in Melee, but they couldn't make it happen. This gives strenght to the idea of them beign AT LEAST considered for playable back in Melee because some other considered but rejected characters in Melee became trophies (like Balloon Fighter and Ayumi Tachibana)

Due to Banjo & Kazooie not beign in Melee's trophy gallery, this makes them one of the few playable characters in Ultimate to not have any trophies (regardless of which game they debuted in) at all because of trophies beign cut in Ultimate (this includes the Belmonts, Joker, Hero and Incineroar because they had no presence or didn't exist before Ultimate, as opposed to others)
Wish this information had come out back when people were saying they were never Nintendo characters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, maybe hold your breath of that idea of them not having a gimmick of sorts, as I've seen some people suggest they might have a collection mechanic. How do you restock golden feathers/eggs? Well, maybe they spawn around the map and you have to keep a constant supply. It's too early to say if that's what's going on but, ugh, I personally kind of hope not. That alone could make them really bad if they have to go out of their way to leave the battle and go get some items lest their moves don't work.
Well, that's all just speculation at this point, especially since nothing in the trailer seemed to suggest that. I recommend we not jump the gun on this. Though, to be fair, if that IS what they're going for, then I trust Sakurai can make it work.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wish this information had come out back when people were saying they were never Nintendo characters.
I believe I remember reading that before--same with Sakurai's statement on Banjo's "obvious" (I think that was the word used in the translation) nature, explaining along with James Bond why they weren't feasible. Plus the box for a N64 with Nintendo mascots, including Banjo. That argument never held any water. I was always curious what Nintendo thought on the matter, and I'm now so happy to hear the answer.

All Hail Me

Sarge
I want to say even though he wasn’t my primary pick, I always supported Banjo! Tooie was one of my favorite games growing up!

I am so hoping for a second fighters pass or at least a few echoes at reduced price (just make them and no stages or music so Nintendo can still make their dollar) just to keep all this hype and awesomeness going. Even though the community can be toxic and likes to turn on one another, I am a firm believer that smash is a celebration of video games and so far this game is delivering.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, I don't know if this will be allowed here, and I showed it to some members here already, but I made this Smash Bros. scene featuring Kazooie, and I would like to share it with you all.

So, the Smashers were camping in the woods with the latest newcomers, Hero from Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie. Banjo, along with Cloud, Luigi, Marth, Roy and Yoing Link were going out to get some more firewood. Kazooie was with everyone else around the campfire.
"Ahhhhh, what a good time to go camping..." Fox said.
"Camping with our new friends, all including the bird-brain, Kazooie here." Fox finished. Kazooie then got angry.
"What did you just say?!" She yelled in anger.
"Something I am not taking back. You're welcome to try and make me, though." Fox said.
"How about I peck your face into-" Kazooie yelled when Yoshi lashed his tongue out at Kazooie, reeled her in and swallowed her, poopoing her out as an egg.
"Yoshi Yoshi! (Tastes like chicken!)" Yoshi exclaimed. Mario then said,
"Now, Yoshi, you know you shouldn't...." Then, he looked at the campfire, then back at the egg, and then Mario had a thought..
"Hmmmmmmm..." He said. Then, Mario picked up the egg Kazooie was trapped in and carried it to the campfire, throwing the egg into it. After a few seconds, Kazooie said,
"Hey, something's cooking..." Then Kazooie gave an alarmed look.
"Who am I kidding! It's me! Ahhhhhhh! Get me out of here!" After a few more seconds of screaming, Kazooie had popped out of the egg. Caught on fire, Kazooie screamed and started running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
"Someone put me out quick! Ahhhhhh!" She screamed as she ran around. After several seconds of watching, Squirtle, who was out of his Pokeball, decided to step in.
"Squirtle!" He said as he exhaled water onto Kazooie, putting her out. Kazooie shook her head, then said to Squirtle,
"Though it was your spit that saved me, I must admit, I am glad you put me out. Thanks!"
"Squirtle! (You're welcome!)" Squirtle responded. Kazooie turned to the others and said,
"Now whose bright idea was to throw me into the fire and cook me?!" The others, except Mario, stood still for a second, then slowly pointed at the fat plumber.
"Oh oh." Mario said in a worried tone.
"Why you!" Kazooie said as she leaped towards Mario, tackled him and started pecking him in the face.
"Ack! Help! Help me! Somebody! Where's Woody Woodpecker to counter-peck when you need him?!" Mario yelled. Somewhere nearby, a bird with a head colored red, a white crest and blue torso feathers heard Mario's screams. His name was Woody Woodpecker.
"Did someone call my name just now?" A confused Woody Woodpecker asked as he looked around for a few seconds.
"Nah, it's nothing important." Woody then assumed as he flew off away from the direction of the Smashers' camp site.
Back at the camp site, Kazooie continued pecking Mario in the face. After some time, Kazooie looked around as if looking for something, and after doing so for a short time, she pecked Mario in the face one more time.
"That's what you get for trying to cook me!" Kazooie said as she walked off. Mario laid where he was, while in pain.
"Owwwww, my face...I'll never look at birds the same way again..." He said. Yoshi then laughed at Mario, who then said,
"What are you laughing at?!' As the others stood there and looked at Mario, Mewtwo said to some others near him,
"You know, I have a feeling the Woody Woodpecker character that Mario mentioned was near this campsite and heard all this."
"Don't worry about it, Mewtwo. I am sure it was nothing." Samus responded.
"I still think he was there, but okay, if you say so." Mewtwo replied.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don't know who the next DLC character will be, but my bets are on a new Final Fantasy representative. We can't just leave Cloud Strife alone, can we?
Eh, I feel like Geno or Sora or Crono (in that order) would be more likely at this point than another FF character
So, since I'm a bit bored, here's how I'd list the worlds in the first game in order of favorite to least-favorite:

1. Mad Monster Mansion
2. Click Clock Wood
3. Treasure Trove Cove
4. Freezeezy Peak
5. Gobi's Valley
6. Clanker's Cavern
7. Bubblegloop Swamp
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Rusty Bucket Bay
Man, Bubblegloop Swamp never gets much love. I wonder why. The crocodile transformation is imo one of the best in the series.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My 2nd most anticipated game after Pokemon Sword & Shield, I enjoyed and still have my copy of the 1st one on the Gamecube and had fun with Dark Moon on 3DS too so I will definitely pick this one up which I assume will come out in the fall probably sometime before Halloween.
I think it is great to see the portrait ghosts making a comeback in Luigi's Mansion 3 which is personally something that Dark Moon lacked.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I don't know if this will be allowed here, and I showed it to some members here already, but I made this Smash Bros. scene featuring Kazooie, and I would like to share it with you all.

So, the Smashers were camping in the woods with the latest newcomers, Hero from Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie. Banjo, along with Cloud, Luigi, Marth, Roy and Yoing Link were going out to get some more firewood. Kazooie was with everyone else around the campfire.
"Ahhhhh, what a good time to go camping..." Fox said.
"Camping with our new friends, all including the bird-brain, Kazooie here." Fox finished. Kazooie then got angry.
"What did you just say?!" She yelled in anger.
"Something I am not taking back. You're welcome to try and make me, though." Fox said.
"How about I peck your face into-" Kazooie yelled when Yoshi lashed his tongue out at Kazooie, reeled her in and swallowed her, poopoing her out as an egg.
"Yoshi Yoshi! (Tastes like chicken!)" Yoshi exclaimed. Mario then said,
"Now, Yoshi, you know you shouldn't...." Then, he looked at the campfire, then back at the egg, and then Mario had a thought..
"Hmmmmmmm..." He said. Then, Mario picked up the egg Kazooie was trapped in and carried it to the campfire, throwing the egg into it. After a few seconds, Kazooie said,
"Hey, something's cooking..." Then Kazooie gave an alarmed look.
"Who am I kidding! It's me! Ahhhhhhh! Get me out of here!" After a few more seconds of screaming, Kazooie had popped out of the egg. Caught on fire, Kazooie screamed and started running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
"Someone put me out quick! Ahhhhhh!" She screamed as she ran around. After several seconds of watching, Squirtle, who was out of his Pokeball, decided to step in.
"Squirtle!" He said as he exhaled water onto Kazooie, putting her out. Kazooie shook her head, then said to Squirtle,
"Though it was your spit that saved me, I must admit, I am glad you put me out. Thanks!"
"Squirtle! (You're welcome!)" Squirtle responded. Kazooie turned to the others and said,
"Now whose bright idea was to throw me into the fire and cook me?!" The others, except Mario, stood still for a second, then slowly pointed at the fat plumber.
"Oh oh." Mario said in a worried tone.
"Why you!" Kazooie said as she leaped towards Mario, tackled him and started pecking him in the face.
"Ack! Help! Help me! Somebody! Where's Woody Woodpecker to counter-peck when you need him?!" Mario yelled. Somewhere nearby, a bird with a head colored red, a white crest and blue torso feathers heard Mario's screams. His name was Woody Woodpecker.
"Did someone call my name just now?" A confused Woody Woodpecker asked as he looked around for a few seconds.
"Nah, it's nothing important." Woody then assumed as he flew off away from the direction of the Smashers' camp site.
Back at the camp site, Kazooie continued pecking Mario in the face. After some time, Kazooie looked around as if looking for something, and after doing so for a short time, she pecked Mario in the face one more time.
"That's what you get for trying to cook me!" Kazooie said as she walked off. Mario laid where he was, while in pain.
"Owwwww, my face...I'll never look at birds the same way again..." He said. Yoshi then laughed at Mario, who then said,
"What are you laughing at?!' As the others stood there and looked at Mario, Mewtwo said to some others near him,
"You know, I have a feeling the Woody Woodpecker character that Mario mentioned was near this campsite and heard all this."
"Don't worry about it, Mewtwo. I am sure it was nothing." Samus responded.
"I still think he was there, but okay, if you say so." Mewtwo replied.

What do you guys think?
Hmmmm pretty funny

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Eh, I feel like Geno or Sora or Crono (in that order) would be more likely at this point than another FF character

Man, Bubblegloop Swamp never gets much love. I wonder why. The crocodile transformation is imo one of the best in the series.
I think it's probably the atmosphere/environment. I was not a fan of Moodymaze Marsh (and it's much more noticeable when it's 1/5, rather than 1/9 levels). I agree the croc transformation is one of my favorites. I like Rusty Bucket Bay more than most, because of the music, and also the terrible part is one section of one jiggy. :chuckle:

My list would be:
1. Freezeezy Peak
2. Treasure Trove Cove
3. Click Clock Wood
4. Bubblegloop Swamp
5. Rusty Bucket Bay
6. Mad Monster Mansion
7. Gobi's Valley
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Clanker's Cavern

(and despite being low, it's still an awesome level--a testament to the quality of the game)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My top 9 Kazooie levels:

1. Mad Monster Mansion
2. Gobi's Valley
3. Freezeezy Peak
4. Bubblegloop Swamp
5. Treasure Trove Cove
6. Click Clock Wood
7. Rusty Bucket Bay
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Clanker's Cavern

My top 8 Tooie levels:

1. Witchyworld
2. Hailfire Peaks
3. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
4. Glitter Gluch Mine
5. Mayahem Temple
6. Terrydactyland
7. Grunty Industries
8. Cloud Cuckooland

People would riot if three of the DLC fighters are from JRPGs.
I wouldn't doubt it if the other 2 are honestly.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
People would riot if three of the DLC fighters are from JRPGs.
RIP Me still holding out hope for Geno trash then. Then again would people be better receptive to Pinocchio boutta bust a cap in the Smash cast as opposed to another anime swordie? (Although to be fair, I feel as though DQ is allowed to be an anime swordie since the series pretty much invented anime swordies as a trope that people now rag on, and the DQ heroes do look diverse as they're in that iconic Akira Toriyama style that differentiates them from Cloud, The Fire Emblems, and the rest of the more realistically proportioned sword protagonists. Not to mention the spells look to do a fair job of making them genuinely different from every other character, even if the sword moves literally look ripped from every other sword character.)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
They didn't riot when it happened last time.
We also didn't know exactly how many fighters we were getting last time while the game was still being supported, so reveals could've been digested a bit easier if it was a character someone didn't necessarily agree with. Both Corrin and Bayonetta seemed to receive more flak than the rest of Sm4sh's DLC, and that's probably because they were the last two fighters to be announced for the game. Since the Fighter's Pass consists of five characters, the Internet might grow a bit more toxic if the last two spots go to characters from a genre that's already well represented in the pack.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I DO like Bubblegloop Swamp (ESPECIALLY the crocodile transformation); it's just I think other levels are more interesting/enjoyable. To be fair, the only level I'm not really fond of is Rusty Bucket Bay due to how polluted the water is and the engine room section.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Good

Meh

Bad

My fave Kazooie levels:

1. Freezeezy Peak
2. Mad Monster Mansion
3. Rusty Bucket Bay
4. Click Clock Wood
5. Gobi's Valley
6. Bubblegloop Swamp
7. Treasure Trove Cove
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Clanker's Cavern

My fave Tooie levels:

1. Witchyworld
2. Hailfire Peaks
3. Grunty Industries
4. Glitter Gulch Mine
5. Terrydactyland
6. Cloud Cuckooland
7. Mayahem Temple
8. Jolly Roger's Lagoon (I love the land section, short as it is though)
9. Cauldron Keep (if that counts)

Yes, I'm a masochist for having Rusty Bucket Bay and Grunty industries so high :p

I generally don't enjoy water levels, but Clanker's Cavern is very easy.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
RIP Me still holding out hope for Geno trash then. Then again would people be better receptive to Pinocchio boutta bust a cap in the Smash cast as opposed to another anime swordie? (Although to be fair, I feel as though DQ is allowed to be an anime swordie since the series pretty much invented anime swordies as a trope that people now rag on, and the DQ heroes do look diverse as they're in that iconic Akira Toriyama style that differentiates them from Cloud, The Fire Emblems, and the rest of the more realistically proportioned sword protagonists. Not to mention the spells look to do a fair job of making them genuinely different from every other character, even if the sword moves literally look ripped from every other sword character.)
I think in the same way Hero is differentiated from Joker I think Geno would be differentiated from both due to his more Mario-ish aesthetic and a timed hit mechanic that would probably be a gimmick for a lot of his attacks as a reference to SMRPG’s battle system.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think in the same way Hero is differentiated from Joker I think Geno would be differentiated from both due to his more Mario-ish aesthetic and a timed hit mechanic that would probably be a gimmick for a lot of his attacks as a reference to SMRPG’s battle system.
I think Geno is the only other JRPG character that would be accepted fairly well. He's always been a "dream pick" alongside Ridley, K.Rool, and Banjo.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
My fave Kazooie levels:

1. Freezeezy Peak
2. Mad Monster Mansion
3. Rusty Bucket Bay
4. Click Clock Wood
5. Gobi's Valley
6. Bubblegloop Swamp
7. Treasure Trove Cove
8. Mumbo's Mountain
9. Clanker's Cavern
Hm, gonna list mine. Seems like a fun idea!

Banjo Kazooie
  1. Click Clock Wood
  2. Mad Monster Mansion
  3. Mumbo's Mountain
  4. Gobi's Valley
  5. Treasure Trove Cove
  6. Freezey Peak
  7. Bubblegloop Swamp
  8. Clanker's Cavern
  9. Rusty Bucket Bay
Gonna play through Tooie again soon so won't list those yet.

Top Bottom