• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

So, now that we got one of Banjo's alternates...
I wonder what more are in store for us? I believe the pink Banjo-Kazooie alternate is based off of Mumbo Jumbo.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So, now that we got one of Banjo's alternates...
I wonder what more are in store for us? I believe the pink Banjo-Kazooie alternate is based off of Mumbo Jumbo.
I'm sure there's going to be a Dragon Kazooie alt, at the very least with Kazooie being green--not sure if they'd change Banjo or leave him the same. Actually making Kazooie in her green Dragon form, without the fire breathing, would be awesome, though.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm sure there's going to be a Dragon Kazooie alt, at the very least with Kazooie being green--not sure if they'd change Banjo or leave him the same. Actually making Kazooie in her green Dragon form, without the fire breathing, would be awesome, though.
I feel like we might get at least one alternate form. Joker got his school uniform. Hero got 4 heroes in one. Makes sense for Banjo to have at least one. It might just be his Green color skin that has it.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I could see them doing a skin with Dragon Kazooie and Banjo with white fur to reference the fact that a cut thing in Tooie was going to be him turning into a polar bear like how Kazooie turned into a dragon.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I could see them doing a skin with Dragon Kazooie and Banjo with white fur to reference the fact that a cut thing in Tooie was going to be him turning into a polar bear like how Kazooie turned into a dragon.
Really?! I didn't know that. Banjo becomes Boggy. :chuckle:

Would have been so cool to have Kazooie with fire power and Banjo with ice powers. Perfect combination.

Last edited:

LMatt

Smash Rookie
No offense to you Banjo-Kazooie fanboys, but I've never even played a Banjo-Kazooie game. I just know the character from a Fawful's Minion Top Ten and some leaks.
They are amazing games, both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie! If you have the opportunity, give them a chance. They still hold up very well, in my opinion.

I really doubt that we'll get a Grunty boss, simply because there would be no easy way to work her into World of Light and I just don't think we'll get new bosses in general. And if we were getting her as a boss, why wouldn't they go all the way and make you fight her on the top of her lair like you did in Banjo-Kazooie?
I can see her as a stage hazard but not really much more.
I would love for Gruntilda to be a boss. I believe it can happen only on B&K's route, though I also think it is unlikely. There is no way they are going to rework World of Light to include Gruntilda, that is just not going to happen, for any DLC character.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Hero will come with Home Run Contest and Banjo will come with a Boss Rush mode. I'd like a Grunty boss but not getting my hopes up.

...so when do we start campaigning for Grunty in Smash 6?

D

Deleted member

Someone: "Uggh, this day is miserable. I am utter trash."
Me: "Banjo-Kazooie is in Smash."
Someone: "I feel amazing now, thank you!"

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
My big fear is that if there was a dragon Kazooie they would have probably shown it off in the trailer.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My big fear is that if there was a dragon Kazooie they would have probably shown it off in the trailer.
On the contrary, if they show off Banjo & Kazooie either during a Smash/Normal direct or a vid like for 3.0.0 and Joker, they'd show off more info and then release him after said presentations.

Dragon Kazooie is cool, but isn't really reveal trailer worthy IMO. And they were DEFINITELY honing in on nostalgia when it came to the bear and bird. At least, what most people remember.

StormC

Smash Hero
On the contrary, if they show off Banjo & Kazooie either during a Smash/Normal direct or a vid like for 3.0.0 and Joker, they'd show off more info and then release him after said presentations.

Dragon Kazooie is cool, but isn't really reveal trailer worthy IMO. And they were DEFINITELY honing in on nostalgia when it came to the bear and bird. At least, what most people remember.
Most characters get their alternate costumes shown in trailers though, like Cloud's AC outfit, Bayo's 1/2 outfits, Meta-Ridley, Shujin Academy Joker, etc.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So now that we have the Bear and Bird in smash finally what would you guys like to see from a new banjo game (a true sequel to Tooie)?
Right now I realize this is all but another pipe dream but one came true why not another.
Banjo--Threeie
New Features ideas
>Banjo-Kazooie has a focus on BK as one character where as Tooie has BK split up having two characters, maybe a three character mechanic?
>New Moves and New egg types, I think starting the game with only the Kazooie techniques is the way to go.
>Obviously the game should start in Spiral Mountain but as for the hub world probably a new location that isn't the isle of hags
>The return of some old stages with improvements and new areas, like Treasure Trove Cove and Freezeezy Peak.
>I'm not sure how much everyone enjoyed the back tracking and level connectivity in Tooie however I would like for that to return.
>The return of characters such as Mumbo, Humba Wumba, Jinjo's, Bottles, Gobi, Clanker (maybe), Boogy, Tip-tup and Tooie (obviously Grunty and Klungo).

Story wise, as long as they disregard Nuts and Bolts as like some joke in-game I'd be happy with most outcomes. As long as its more unique than Grunty stealing someone to get pretty again, although she would be only a head so that probably would be her plan.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Completely random but has anyone gotten hold of BK's Character render in Transparent from the Press Kit or was it in a White background only?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Completely random but has anyone gotten hold of BK's Character render in Transparent from the Press Kit or was it in a White background only?
There's only fan attempts to make it transparent:

The official thing will have to wait until his character page is ready.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well since it was so easy for M$ & Nintendo to put Banjo Kazooie in smash bros aparently & phil said he is open to more rare characters in smash

I hope next smash Banjo Kazooie can be in the base game with Banjo & Dragon Kazooie as an echo fighter ! with other rare characters as DLC cuz M$ wants those DLC sales

ALTHO ! Conker in fighter pass season 2 ??? YES PLEASE ! if conker was going to be in any smash the ultimate is the one ! give us the diddy,banjo & conker reunion !

JonSmash

Smash Ace
of course ! sakurai said smash has a way of making IP & game sales rise so it would be dumb not to ! I say a remake would be the way to go Crash, spyro HECK EVEN SPONGEBOB !

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
of course ! sakurai said smash has a way of making IP & game sales rise so it would be dumb not to ! I say a remake would be the way to go Crash, spyro HECK EVEN SPONGEBOB !
Already but something similar with the joker was said (that person 5 would come to switch) and it does not seem that it is going to happen the same thing with banjo

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Makes me think. We could of had Banjo in Brawl if Nintendo just asked, especially that half the cast of Diddy Kong Racing DS are owned by Rare.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Makes me think. We could of had Banjo in Brawl if Nintendo just asked, especially that half the cast of Diddy Kong Racing DS are owned by Rare.
It seems things were different for both companies back then. The fact that Banjo and Conker were expunged from DKR DS made it seem evident that either Microsoft or Nintendo (or both) didn't want their major mascots mixing in with each other at the time. The likes of Tiptup, Pipsy, Bumper, etc were all sparred because they're minor characters that didn't headline their own franchises like Banjo and Conker did.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So now that we have the Bear and Bird in smash finally what would you guys like to see from a new banjo game (a true sequel to Tooie)?
Right now I realize this is all but another pipe dream but one came true why not another.
Banjo--Threeie
New Features ideas
>Banjo-Kazooie has a focus on BK as one character where as Tooie has BK split up having two characters, maybe a three character mechanic?
>New Moves and New egg types, I think starting the game with only the Kazooie techniques is the way to go.
>Obviously the game should start in Spiral Mountain but as for the hub world probably a new location that isn't the isle of hags
>The return of some old stages with improvements and new areas, like Treasure Trove Cove and Freezeezy Peak.
>I'm not sure how much everyone enjoyed the back tracking and level connectivity in Tooie however I would like for that to return.
>The return of characters such as Mumbo, Humba Wumba, Jinjo's, Bottles, Gobi, Clanker (maybe), Boogy, Tip-tup and Tooie (obviously Grunty and Klungo).

Story wise, as long as they disregard Nuts and Bolts as like some joke in-game I'd be happy with most outcomes. As long as its more unique than Grunty stealing someone to get pretty again, although she would be only a head so that probably would be her plan.
I gave my fanfiction for ideas, so I already have one mapped out in my head, with an emphasis on taking the best from both worlds:

1. Opening worlds is the same as Kazooie, but you place them like a puzzle as in Tooie (no redundant cut scenes). The first world you only have to place 1 jiggy, second 2, third 4, etc. Starts off easy, but the later levels get much harder and shows your progression. Like Kazooie and Tooie, 9 worlds plus a hub world, but a secret world that unlocks after collecting every jiggy (nostalgia level similar to Banjoland).
2. New feathers and eggs. My ideas are silver feathers (intangibility) and blue feathers (swim boosts), along with shock eggs (stun enemies, particularly those that can't die, turn on generators) and rocket eggs (homing ability, when shot out the rear gives you a boost). I'd also like to see new footwear, though it's hard to think of what they could add.
3. In the first level, you learn how to fly or shock jump without pads (double tap a, hold a, respectively), and by pressing L you can split up anywhere, pressing L again switches characters, and reunite by running into your partner.
4. New items: Klungo turned good at the end of Tooie, so he'll help you out in this game. In certain sections you can find Klungo's potions, which temporarily make you big, clone, or invisible.
5. Two transformations per level, Humba will transform you differently depending on which character you picked. For example, in my last level Camelrot Castle, Banjo is a knight with a sword, Kazooie a dragon--and Banjo rides Kazooie to the top of the castle.
6. Mumbo Jumbo has more abilities, making him as versatile as Banjo & Kazooie were at the beginning of their first game. He can use his magic to double jump, hover, cast magic projectiles. Since Banjo & Kazooie have so many abilities, their sections are more for exploration and puzzle solving, whereas Mumbo's sections are more challenging platforming sections.
7. No required backtracking--it just makes it easier for casual players to backtrack. Some things you need to do in previous levels to unlock stuff in later levels, but for those who want to 100% each level at once--it'll be insanely difficult, but possible.
8. Return of previous characters--I want that waveracing competition with Captain Blubber.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That was a very different time as far as both willingness to collaborate between Nintendo and Microsoft went (companies on top tend to get pretty rigid), as well as proactive seeking Nintendo/Sakurai did for third-party additions. I mean the only addition they actually pursued (afawk) is Sonic, hands down the most requested character of all time. By then people had stopped making noise about Banjo in Smash, as it was seen as impossible.

Also keep in mind DKRDS was on the DS, which Microsoft was willing to support. The Wii is another story.

Frankly the first time they would've been at all a somewhat plausible addition since Melee would've been Smash 4 DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can live with that possibility, since I don't think we're getting transformations otherwise. Speaking of which, wholesome art coming through:

https://twitter.com/kiravera8/status/1139299851831844866

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Huh, never knew that. That does explain why Kazooie got the one transformation.

Someone: "Uggh, this day is miserable. I am utter trash."
Me: "Banjo-Kazooie is in Smash."
Someone: "I feel amazing now, thank you!"
This situation in a nutshell:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I am curious how they'd handle Banjos moveset in a third one. Banjo Tooie was unique in that you started with every move you learned in Kazooie straight away. Do you do the same again, start with everything from Tooie and expand, that movepool is already extremely diverse. Adding more would probably be unnecessary we'd over complicated.

Maybe take an Odyssey approach. In that game you don't learn a single move once you get Cappy, it's all given to you, instead you had to take advantage of your surroundings.

But I think you should start with everything Tooie offered, at least when together (I wouldn't be surprised if splitting was ditched). A lot of was natural anyway such as cliff hanging and first person aiming.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If Banjo eats a spicy curry, does he spit fire into the air while running, or does Kazooie (transformed or not) take over temporarily?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
what's figthers you will support after banjo kazooie?
Geno, number 1.

But, in no order:
Dixie
Kamek
Doc Louis (thought a slower but stronger echo of Little Mac would be interesting).
Black Mage
Ninten (might as well get the complete set)
A F-Zero character (because 5 games and only one character? Oh please....)
Zelda character like Ganon, Hilda, Impa, Skull Kid, any of the 4 champions...just......one of your biggest franchises, Nintendo and nothing in Smash since Brawl? I'm sorry, but that's bull.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well log gave them there old moves back at the end of BKN&B so maybe? are they going to keep N&B canon ?

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I am curious how they'd handle Banjos moveset in a third one. Banjo Tooie was unique in that you started with every move you learned in Kazooie straight away. Do you do the same again, start with everything from Tooie and expand, that movepool is already extremely diverse. Adding more would probably be unnecessary we'd over complicated.

Maybe take an Odyssey approach. In that game you don't learn a single move once you get Cappy, it's all given to you, instead you had to take advantage of your surroundings.

But I think you should start with everything Tooie offered, at least when together (I wouldn't be surprised if splitting was ditched). A lot of was natural anyway such as cliff hanging and first person aiming.
I think moving back to Kazooie movepool with some from Tooie and unlock some movement from more obscure Tooie moves later in the game. The ability unlocking is such a key part of Banjo for me.
some new ability ideas:
  • Have the 1st person aiming become just become the 3rd person shooter mode from Tooie "Breegull Blaster" just add the "egg aimer" as part of it. This could be a new ability unlocked for shooting eggs early on.
  • We got the "beak buster" in kazooie, in tooie we got "Bill Drill", I think for the next improvement make thing a little different with equipment. Something like "Beak Bracer" metal armor for kazooie's beak that can break harder rocks.
  • On the equipment idea we could see attack improvements like Bear Claws called "Honey Hunters" for banjo which boost Banjo's attack and could help take out some new enemies. Kazooie could also get some new shoes that help crossing ice (ice skate) or something.
  • There is plenty of potential for split abilities, especially if the game is switch exclusive then banjo and kazooie could each be controlled by a player with a joycon (wouldn't really like this but just an idea)
  • Egg wise:
    • Blue Eggs (normal egg)
    • Fire and Ice Eggs (these could be cut but some cooler uses could be thought of, like the ice eggs making platforms out of ice in water (like the majoras mask ice arrows))
    • Grenade and Proximity Eggs (with the grenade eggs being in smash I feel they need to return however adding the proximity eggs as a sub category could be cool, they only appeared in multiplayer so would feel new as well)
    • Lightning Eggs (something new, could be used for powering objects instead of battery collecting like previous games)
    • Platform Eggs? (can shoot eggs at specific spots to create platforms) dunno about this one
Well log gave them there old moves back at the end of BKN&B so maybe? are they going to keep N&B canon ?
I'd like to see the story progress like it didn't happen and Kazooie mention something in the beginning of the game like "can't we just get the car out the back" when they decide to start the adventure on foot or something.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think the best thing they can do is leave Nuts & Bolt's canonical nature ambiguous. Allow for it as a possibility, but allow those who hated the game to forget about it. I'm fine with little references (in Smash, Banjo's house, the look of the jiggy layout, etc), but anything huge could sour what could be a great comeback. I have a huge issue with the Xbox versions of Banjo-Kazooie for referencing Nuts & Bolts--just not canon to me, personally.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Banjo joined back in Brawl, and when you selected him on the character menu the Wiimote made this sound:

Troykv

Smash Master
I hope Banjo's update arrives with a Boss Rush Mode of some kind; having several bosses in the game with each one having their own unique movesets deserves something like this.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
On that note, I have no doubt that Banjo-Kazooie sales from Switch and X-Box owners just skyrocketed from people wanting to replay the games, and greenhorns wanting to know what the hype was about. It'd be really interesting to see a graph of BK-BT sales right before, and right after their Smash reveal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom