• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
At this point, my most-wanted character for Smash is...pretty much anyone from the Legend of Zelda.
Currently it's Pig Ganon as you can see by my signature, but I would settle for Skull Kid, Midna, Groose...even Tingle at this point.
The worst part is that Breath of the Wild 2 implies that Ganondorf is finally going to return in some capacity, and you know Sakurai will still find a way to make him a Captain Falcon clone in Smash 6.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The worst part is that Breath of the Wild 2 implies that Ganondorf is finally going to return in some capacity, and you know Sakurai will still find a way to make him a Captain Falcon clone in Smash 6.
The transition away from CF has been slow over the iterations, yes, but I feel if they use the new Ganon’s design in the next Smash, then they can change him to have more attacks based on Malice, maybe have him summon those eyes from Breath of the Wild for his Down-B instead of his current Down-B.

StormC

Smash Hero
Any of the first party characters I would want are deconfirmed and none of the third parties I would want are more than "oh, they'd be cool."

If I had to pick from third parties, Crash Bandicoot and Jill Valentine (with Leon/Chris/Claire alts) would round out the Fighters Pass nicely. Another anthro animal platformer character and an iconic female protagonist from a legendary Japanese gaming series and unrepresented genre in Smash.

But the last two characters could be from Fire Emblem Three Houses for all I care. Sakurai has put in basically every pipe dream character of mine already.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
I've already got Wario, K. Rool and Banjo so all I need to reach Smash Nirvana is Captain Syrup. I really like her pirate aesthetic/goofy pirate crew and she'd accompany the Wario series' common theme of thievery and greed perfectly. Syrup would also fit the role of marketing to a female demographic by making history as the first female rival in Smash.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
My top 9 after this week's events...

1. Waluigi
2. Dixie Kong
3. Isaac
4. Dr. Robotnik
5. Funky Kong
6. Gruntilda
7. Capt. Syrup
8. Black Shadow
9. Knuckles

I'm still figuring out who should move up into the 10th slot.

Waluigi and Dixie are the two key missing pieces in the roster for me. All the others I would love to see too, but those two are essential.
I've already got Wario, K. Rool and Banjo so all I need to reach Smash Nirvana is Captain Syrup. I really like her pirate aesthetic/goofy pirate crew and she'd accompany the Wario series' common theme of thievery and greed perfectly. Syrup would also fit the role of marketing to a female demographic by making history as the first female rival in Smash.
This. Wario Land needs more love in Smash. Captain Syrup would help fill that gap and Wario should be based on more Wario Land instead of Ware.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Just in case nobody has thought of this yet, I saw someone mention they'll try to get the letter to Sakurai and Rare ltd. (Possibly two copies then?) But if possible, we should probably try to make sure the OG Banjo team sees it too. Even if they aren't working on/don't own Banjo-Kazooie anymore, we still owe a great team of guys the fact and honor that this dynamic duo exists at all for us to love and hold out hope for for almost 20 years. Grant Kirkhope's fine since he was literally working on this in secret, but some love in the form of a card copy given to Greg Mayles, Chris Sutherland, Steve Mayles and John Nash, and any of the other big boys of 90s Rare that I forgot would be a really awesome thing to do, especially if they're not otherwise being compensated for BK's inclusion in Smash.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I saw a tweet by @forosha moments ago and liked both drawings that depict Kirby's copy ability by inhaling Banjo & Kazooie, thought I'd post them here.
Banjo Kirby
Kazooie Kirby
Which would you prefer in terms of look and what makes sense? They're both so adorable but I'd go with Banjo Kirby with a plush Kazooie.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Remember how much of a pain in the *** it was to download Jokers update? I can only fear how long the servers will be down once the Banjo update drops.
I predict that with Banjo, servers will go down for half the time they went for Joker.

Mostly because they decided "let's do maintenance right when the update goes live!"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I saw a tweet by @forosha moments ago and liked both drawings that depict Kirby's copy ability by inhaling Banjo & Kazooie, thought I'd post them here.
Banjo Kirby
Kazooie Kirby
Which would you prefer in terms of look and what makes sense? They're both so adorable but I'd go with Banjo Kirby with a plush Kazooie.
I'd go with Banjo Kirby, because the idea of him carrying a plush Kazooie around is just adorable.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Banjo Kirby
Kazooie Kirby
The Banjo Kirby just has more things going for him and it would be amazing to see Kirby hold the Kazooie plush like a repeater rifle.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Banjo Kirby
Kazooie Kirby
I think we should take a cue from Banjo's transformations, they often include his backpack and shorts when it makes sense, given how iconic they are. I think it'd be the Banjo Kirby, as really it includes both characters, as would make sense. I guess it all depends on what's feasible to design in game.

Link

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Now that Banjo's in, here's my new Top 5:

1. Mike Jones
2. Paper Mario
3. TF2 Rep
4. Rayman/Rabbid
5. Black Mage

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Banjo was the only character I wanted that I honestly thought had much of a chance, which is really sad because Bandana Dee is among my most wanted and he should by all right be playable already. I basically relying on Wave 2 being a thing with some focus on Nintendo characters.

My list

1. Skull Kid (wave 2 with some assist promotion please)
2. Bandana Dee

Big drop

3. New Xenoblade, ideally Rex & Pyra
4. King Boo (which is oddly the one I have most hope for? )
5. 5th Kirby character in the form of Daroach or Dark Matter

Another Drop

6. Another new Zelda character.
7. Dixie
8. Spring Man
9. Captain Toad
10. Baby Mario (this is actually much much higher, but I know others would hate it so it's lower)

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
My most wanted characters was in not specific order
King k rool
Banjo kazooie
Rayman

If rayman gets in that would be the last one i care for!
Tho if there have to be any more after that to look for it would be
Cuphead
Minecraft steve
Chorus kids
Shadow

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
If Xbox were to have their own crossover; would you play it now that you got Banjo & Kazooie or would more Banjo & Kazooie make you want to try it more?

Also, if Xbox had a crossover; would Banjo & Kazooie's moveset likely be changed? Maybe given Nuts and Bolts moves?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Banjo-Kazooie was the character I wanted above all else... I'm satisfied and would be fine with anyone else being added.

That being said there are still a few more characters I'd prefer more than others (Excluding characters that exist as Assist Trophies)

1. Shantae
2. Rex & Pyra
3. Bandana Dee
4. Sora
5. Master Chief
6. Dixie Kong
7. Cranky Kong
8. Ganon

...But I'm fine if none of them get in since I got my bear and bird.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
People are doing lists of characters they want in now that Banjo-Kazooie are confirmed so here's mine:

1. Geno

That's it lol

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Rayman is my most wanted... I just think Spirits deconfirm until proven otherwise, sadly.

Doom Slayer and Crash are the fellows I have eyes on right now (Artorias was a dope idea to me too but Google Theory is dead) and Porky is my ideal character if there was going to be more Nintendo in the Fighter Pass and not just third parties.

(Actually have a friend who thought Porky was coming when the villains sequence came up again in the direct, but he was hyper for Banjo though)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I have the same feeling--now that I have my dream character(s) in Smash, I really can't ask for anything ever again. Still, there are characters I'd like to see and would play as, but it's more passive support at this point. Here are characters for DLC or the next game, though Ultimate truly feels ultimate now that Banjo & Kazooie are finally in, after all these years.

Third Party:
1. Crash (My most wanted at this point, though given the difficulties of Western third parties as mentioned in interviews, I don't think we'll have more)
2. Sora
3. Agumon (only Bandai Namco character that matters--Pokemon vs Digimon should happen)

Assists Playable:
1. Bomberman
2. Isaac
3. Shadow (echo--if not, Tails or Robotnik)

Nintendo:
1. Dixie Kong
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Mach Rider

There are other characters, like Wonder Red, but I feel like unless they get a new game, I don't see it happening. Then again, some of these I don't see happening also, though Banjo being in Smash opens the floodgates more than Joker. There are other assists I think could make cool characters, such as Skull Kid, Alucard, and Zero. Dixie and Bandana Waddle Dee feel missing in a sense, and I've come around to the latter despite initially dismissing them. The Grinch fiasco made me realize how cool Mach Rider could be, and has surpassed Excitebike as a retro rep I'd like (Excitebike should be a stage, though).

But seriously.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
The only characters I'd want at this point are

Dixie
Shovel Knight
Pig Ganon
Doom Slayer

And while I'm not a HUGE Halo fan I'd be a dirty liar if I said I wouldnt be hype if Master Chief got in...

That being said.. Dixie and Shovel Knight would be my only decently big wants.. Dixie more so because she's well overdue. I can live with what I have though because having :ultyoshi::ultkrool:and Banjo (where's the stock symbol already!!) I have my 3 all time favs and am perfectly content

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
what's figthers you will support after banjo kazooie?
After the reveal of Banjo & Kazooie, the next two characters could be a gym sock and a dirt clod and I'd still be overjoyed.

That said, there are still some characters left that I think would be cool. I just don't know if I'll ever actively want them, if that makes sense.
Here are my picks in order of personal interest: (The first two do boarder on being "actively wanted" by me)

1. Hakurei Reimu (Touhou)
2. Laharl (Disgaea)
3. Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade 2)
4. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
5. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
6. Monster Hunter (uhh)
7. Amaterasu (Okami)
8. Waluigi (Assist Trophy Globe)
9. Dixie Kong (DKC But you didn't need me to tell you that)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got my dream pick in the form of Simon Belmont, nothing can top it, not even Waluigi if he ever got in.

The other characters that i wanted are in (K.Rool, Wolf's return, Ridley) or have been slowly fading from my mind. Not because i don't want them now, but because the November Direct left me so empty in terms of of confirmations (i didn't believed in the Grinch Hoax BTW) that i kinda didn't wanted to to involucrate myself in roster talk anymore. Banjo's confirmation healed some of those wounds, but most characters left that i have passion for are unlikely as ever.

If i had to pick one, it would be Isaac. That way, he at least he would be immortalized via Smash like Ness, Falcon and now Banjo & Kazooie, so even if he falls into obscurity at least he would become part of Smash's history. I love Golden Sun as much as Japan in general loves Dragon Quest. Shadow too because im still upset that they didn't took that chance when it was in their faces (and im gonna be legitimately upset if Kasumi from P5R gets in while Shadow gets the shaft, would be my most disliked character in any fighting game of all time, no joke)

.....but you know, those 2 are Assist Trophies, A.K.A dead.

But really, with Banjo & Kazooie confirmed, i have no real horse to bet on this race anymore. I know that those i wanted to have long lost their chances to get in (they are now Assist Trophies or Spirits, which im in the camp that it means they are discomfirmed so no Dixie or Bandanna Dee), and realistically at least im happy that out of all the characters that made it, my most wanted did (with badass Barbaric look and all, instead of the hideous Chronicles look, bleh) I think there are omissions, but i have no interest in talking about them anymore due to the circumstances of the DLC.

Other characters that come into into my mind are more "oh neat" characters, like Ryu Hayabusa a Tales character like Lloyd and Yuri, but that's it.

Honestly im relieved now that from all intents and purposes, i can be satisfied with the DLC (i was satisfied with the base roster despite the undewhelming finale mind you, but i kinda wanted the DLC to have at least one character to my taste). Even then though i would rather not see Kasumi and the invevitable Fire Emblem character that is coming, Fighter Pass or not, but that's just what i think.

Remember how much of a pain in the *** it was to download Jokers update? I can only fear how long the servers will be down once the Banjo update drops.
The servers are gonna Crash harder than a Bandicoot, i can guaratee you that.

Im pretty sure Japanese players will have a fuuuuuun time attempting to download Hero, that's for sure.

Remember they said they wanted the DLC to attract different demographics. We got the modern and Classic JRPG characters with Joker and Hero. The classic platformer character with Banjo. I can see at least 1 character that is meant to attract the female demographic. Which Ace Attorney is extremely popular with women (can confirm). It would also attract the visual novel and puzzle solving crowds which has no representation at all yet. Being Nintendo exclusive for years is also a good point in it's favor.

Then you have Doomguy for the FPS demographic.
I think Professor Layton could fit the Puzzle Demographic too, plus i have heard that is series is also really popular with women as well, and he crossed over with Phoenix Wright and having most of his games appearing in Nintendo Handhelds.

I think the reason people don't talk about him that much anymore is due to the character beign retired due to canonical reasons (his story beign finished) but i don't think relevance is that much of an issue anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know who I want for the next DLC. Only ones I can think of are Crash, Rayman, Chief, Doomguy and Bandanna Dee

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
So uh...when will we be able to change our Ultimate main to Banjo in our profiles? I already just know I'll main the bear and bird when they drop.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Who are the characters I would want for DLC now? Well that's simple enough...
-Chocobo! Chocobo! Chocobo!!!~
( I fear he'll just come back as just a Mii hat along with The Hero though. Maybe someday <3 )
-Amaterasu would be pretty neat!
-Spyro is another choice I would like.
-Klonoa for a Namco rep.
-Dixie Kong would be great for a 1st party.

Annnnd...any other toony character with fun moveset potential really! I seem to have a strong preference for those. But I don't mind any other types really. Banjo finally made it in after all so any character from this point on is more of a bonus to me!~

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Man, having Banjo in the roster still feels like a dream! Nevertheless, there are still a handful of "jiggies" to find for my personal puzzle, so to speak....

Rayman, Dixie, Toad, where y'all at? (I just can't bring myself to count them out because of spirits/npc status)
If echo fighters are still in the cards, which they probably aren't, I'd love to see Funky Kong, Ms. Pac-Man or Medusa.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Now that Banjo is in, here are my other most wanted:

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
2. Dante (Devil May Cry series)
3. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil series)
4. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney series)
5. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
6. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot series)
7. Spyro (Spyro the Dragon series)
8. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
9. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)

Characters that I hope get promoted from AT status in the next game or next game’s DLC:

1. Ashley (WarioWare series)
2. Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda series)
3. Isaac (Golden Sun series)
4. Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
5. Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
6. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda series)
7. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
8. Waluigi (Super Mario series)
9. Alucard (Castlevania series)
10. Bomberman (Bomberman series)
11. Springman (ARMS)
12. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
13. Zero (Mega Man series)

Last edited:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Excluding some "confirmed spirits" characters (because all newcomers this DLC season will all be currently unrepresented in the game) here's my listt

1. Crash- all time fav, Im still very VERY hopeful for him. This will all make Mario, Sonic and Crash rivalry go full circle
2. Any Indie Game- I dont care if it will be Undertale Frisk, Deltarune, Cave Story, Cuphead or godforbid SANS. I just want Smash to recognize the indie world. Honestly I would go for Frisk, My relatives in Japan outright told me how undertale was so popular in Japan, they started appearing in cheap candy bars.
3. Amaterasu- Gorgeous game, I kinda want to see how they'll do it in smash.
4. Jibanyan- Yokai watch is very popular in Japan and its gaining some audience in the west too. If not Jibanyan Prof Layton will do~
5. Agumon- Digimon vs Pokemon yeet

Im honestly still holding to the fact that we will get seasonal DLCs ala Street Fighter especially the datamine shows 16 slots, 6 will be taken by the current DLCs. I can see them doing another DLC for characters like Bandanna Waddle Dee and The ChorusKids/Karate Joe and another for assist trophy upgrades or other surprises, with Waluigi as the finale character because WAAHHHH.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It's surprising that Banjo was so well recieved in Japan once you consider that:
1-The N64 dind't sold too well in Japan. Remember, the Saturn sold much better there (it is the best selling Sega Console in Japan) and so the N64 was third place.
2-Because of Microsoft's non-existent market in Japan, Banjo became far more obscure post-buyout.
I think Banjo was a big deal for the Japanese Nintendo fans who were true blue in the late 90s which is why many of their reactions were even more emotional than the ones out west

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I swear I've been watching nothing but the Banjo-Kazooie and Hero trailers and reactions to said trailers practically non-stop the past few days or so and they seriously never get old. It is so freaking heartwarming knowing I wasn't the only one going absolutely ballistic when that Jiggy dropped. I KNEW there was a ****ton of people who never forgot about the bear and bird. And I also love seeing the Dragon Quest fans from Japan and even some reactions here reacting to the Hero cuz I know the Hero is as important to Japan as Banjo-Kazooie are to us! And I'm so freaking happy they gave the two of them legit CG trailers, I would've been satisfied with just gameplay trailers like Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, and Piranha Plant before them but the fact that they took time, effort, and resources to do that for both the Hero and Banjo & Kazooie shows Sakurai gets how important those characters are to the fans.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’ve went back and started playing the first Banjo-Kazooie on my copy of Rare Replay to celebrate their inclusion and it’s just great going back and revisiting childhood games in general. Speaking of Rare Replay, I’d like to see a version on the Switch that also includes the Donkey Kong Country games and hopefully Banjo-Threeie will eventually come to fruition and I would buy both on the Switch in heartbeat. :grin:

Top Bottom