• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So! Let's talk Classic Mode.

Not sure about who they'd fight in their rounds, but I'd like it if they did something based off teamwork. But since Ice Climbers already have the "duos" theme already... Hmm. Maybe something to do with a witch hunt? All I know is that before the Gruntilda boss fight (gonna bank on it happening), Banjo & Kazooie are definitely fighting Bayonetta. She's gonna be in his classic mode run regardless of the theme.

And off topic, Green DK is definitely going to be a Klungo spirit.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Posted this in the social thread but never thought I would actually been right with Banjo’s inclusion plus the number. Kinda freaky

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990

Not sure about who they'd fight in their rounds, but I'd like it if they did something based off teamwork. But since Ice Climbers already have the "duos" theme already... Hmm. Maybe something to do with a witch hunt? All I know is that before the Gruntilda boss fight (gonna bank on it happening), Banjo & Kazooie are definitely fighting Bayonetta. She's gonna be in his classic mode run regardless of the theme.

How about a N64 themed run?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I've seen a lot of pictures of Nintendo characters celebrating Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion to Super Smash Bros Ultimate. It's really great!

However, can we get Xbox characters (Master Chief, Cortana, Marcus Fenix, Raz (he is now owned by Microsoft), Voodoo Vince, Blinx, etc. all congratulating Banjo & Kazooie on joining?
I've made a picture with the Microsoft characters but it doesn't have all of them

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

A couple of spirit ideas
their all tooie bosses oops.

- Klungo (Green Donkey Kong)
- Old King Coal (Black Bowser)
- Mr Patch (Big craft Yoshi)
- Terry (yellow Ridley)
- Mingella and Blobbelda (two Bayonettas)
- cant think of any more

Classic mode should be N64 games
- Fox and Falco (Star Fox 64)
- Kirby (Kirby 64) or a Pokemon (Stadium or Snap)
- Mario and Yoshi (Mario 64, Yoshi's Story)
- Young Link (Oot/Mm)
- Diddy (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Donkey Kong and King K. Rool (DK64)
in any order, probably ending with DK though.
Boss would be Grunty.

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
On twitter there is an idea let Gruntilda give some sort of missguidance. :D
I like this idea.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How about a N64 themed run?
Hmm... I like that one.
  • Mario, Peach, Bowser (Super Mario 64)
  • Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool (Donkey Kong 64)
  • Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link (Ocarina of Time)
  • Yoshi, Bowser Jr. (pretend he’s Baby Bowser), Piranha Plant (Yoshi’s Story)
  • Fox, Falco, Wolf (Star Fox 64)
  • Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard (Pokémon Stadium)
I guess the final battle could be giant Bayonetta on the Spiral Mountain stage since she’s a witch.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I know someone mentioned the idea of combo characters. With opponents like

-Duck Hunt Duo
-Ice Climbers
-Rosalina and Luma
-Pokemon Trainer
-Pikmin and Olimar/Alph
-Peach and Daisy with Toad
-Joker with Arsene if other fighter pack characters are allowed.

Assuming Grunty isn't a boss, The Hands make for a fitting boss

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Say, I thought of something earlier this morning. You know how people got catharsis when Adam Malkovich got in as a spirit?

Imagine what'll happen if L.O.G. is included in B-K's list...:demon:

If you think about it, Smash commonly runs into the problem of fizzled out finales (not BAD reveals, just......lackluster compared to the start and middle).

They may be Smash icons now, and Earthbound is one of my favorite games, but I'm not going to fault people being confused or even annoyed that the end roster of Smash 64 was Ness, Falcon and Jigglypuff over more expected characters like Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Dedede, Charizard or Diddy.

With Melee, you start with Peach, Bowser, Zelda, later Falco, Mewtwo, Ganondorf and Marth but end at Roy and Game and Watch?

Brawl fills in the required missing spots with MetaKnight, Dedede, Wario, gains snaks of all people, later Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy and SONIC, only to wrap it up with Toon Link, Wolf and ROB.

Smash 4 ended with a better group with Duck Hunt, Shulk and Bowser Jr, but they really don't compare to Megaman, Villager, Pacman.

Even 4's DLC fell into this. Popular veterans, Ryu and CLOUD. Then.......Bayonetta and Corrin......

Ultimate too with Ken/Incineroar.

So Smash is no stranger to this hype train hiccup. Right now Banjo is Cloud level. While fighters 4 and 5 are going to have extreme hype pressure on them, 4 will be more excused. 5, on the other hand, will be under crazy scrutiny, and if smash follows its patterns, 5 won't meet the hype.
Yeah, I'm definitely keeping this type of outcome in mind. For a lot of people it'll be a letdown, but for me, it's another Tuesday.

And for the record, I unironically came to liking to main weird lads. :ultgnw:

Hmm... I like that one.
  • Mario, Peach, Bowser (Super Mario 64)
  • Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool (Donkey Kong 64)
  • Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link (Ocarina of Time)
  • Yoshi, Bowser Jr. (pretend he’s Baby Bowser), Piranha Plant (Yoshi’s Story)
  • Fox, Falco, Wolf (Star Fox 64)
  • Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard (Pokémon Stadium)
I guess the final battle could be giant Bayonetta on the Spiral Mountain stage since she’s a witch.
With bunny hood item effect so that she can have as much altitude as possible.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Good point about Sora being the only character that could possibly touch Banjo's hype, but I'm very wary of the Mouse getting his dirty paws in Smash.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I’m thinking a potential Grunty boss is on the table. If you notice the part in the reveal where Grunty is flying around and then it cuts to a panning shot of Banjo looking down the bridge it’s similar to the other boss intros.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I have a theory:

When MS started to put their exclusives on Switch they obviously hoped Nintendo would return the favor and put odyssey or another exclusive on Xbox, Phil Spencer even stated a few years ago that he would wish for a Mario Game to release on Xbox. Since this is pretty unlikely to happen, I believe the Future for the companies cooperation are joint venture projects. Switch/Xbox Exclusives, not appearing on ps4, funded by both MS and Nintendo.

I wished for something like this for a time now, and I kinda believe this is a reality after seeing the Banjo Switch listing on Amazon.
Maybe the N64 classic will be handled as a Nintendo Microsoft Joint Venture, since the rights to probably half of the N64s most popular Games are held by Microsoft.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I’m thinking a potential Grunty boss is on the table. If you notice the part in the reveal where Grunty is flying around and then it cuts to a panning shot of Banjo looking down the bridge it’s similar to the other boss intros.
I think that grunty being a boss rather than a stage hazard (maybe both) is 100% happening.
Spiral Mountain Stage
Spiral Mountain Boss
Its very obvious that only one character is present in one of those shots. Grunty also appears on a shot of the bridge before hand as well so I think its a lock.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Personally, I don't think we're getting bosses for any DLC characters. I think Grunty will, at best, be a stage boss. I mean, the other bosses are barely used aside from the Hands and Galleom, kinda. I don't think they would make an all-new boss fight that would be used only once.

For Banjo's Classic Mode Boss, I can see three options: Ganon or Master Hand if they want to go with the "N64 homage" idea (if it's the former, he'll probably come before the final stage, with Bayonetta as the actual last stage) or Galleom as a stand-in for HAG-1 (he does have a tank form, after all).

What I'm curious about is if we'll get more modes aside from Home-Run Contest. I don't know about Break the Targets, but a Boss Rush mode seems easy enough to implement with the way things already are in the base game. Maybe two submodes - one where you choose just one boss to fight and one actual Boss Rush?

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I still think Porky's boss fight is coming back at some point, probably alongside a boss rush mode. It would make sense to pad out the boss roster and Gruntilda is a prime candidate.
Also, I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Enderdragon is a boss after all.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I have a theory:

When MS started to put their exclusives on Switch they obviously hoped Nintendo would return the favor and put odyssey or another exclusive on Xbox, Phil Spencer even stated a few years ago that he would wish for a Mario Game to release on Xbox. Since this is pretty unlikely to happen, I believe the Future for the companies cooperation are joint venture projects. Switch/Xbox Exclusives, not appearing on ps4, funded by both MS and Nintendo.

I wished for something like this for a time now, and I kinda believe this is a reality after seeing the Banjo Switch listing on Amazon.
Maybe the N64 classic will be handled as a Nintendo Microsoft Joint Venture, since the rights to probably half of the N64s most popular Games are held by Microsoft.
I think it would be really smart, especially considering the japanese reactions to Banjo and Kazooie.

It could be another way, besides Minecraft, for Microsoft to tap into that coveted eastern audience they were never really able to get.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So taking a look at the trailer, I decided to compare it to a moveset for Banjo that I made a while back.

Multiple Jumps: Like Jigglypuff, Kirby and Pit, Banjo and Kazooie can jump multiple times. The more I look at them, the more I feel this is unlikely.

Jab: Banjo swipes with his claws twice. I got that one, except for the uppercut at the end.

Side tilt: Banjo swings his backpack in a sideways motion. Wrong on this one. I was sure he'd hit people with his backpack somewhat.

Up tilt: Kazooie pecks upward. Haven't seen that yet.

Down tilt: Low kick from Banjo. Wrong on this one, too. Though on the plus side, it does wonders for mobility.

Dash attack: Banjo curls into a ball and rolls toward the opponent. Haven't see that yet.

Grab: Kazooie grabs the opponent with her feet.
Pummel: Banjo jabs the opponent in the gut with his banjo.
Forward throw: Kazooie blasts them away by blowing in her kazoo really hard at them.
Back throw: Kazooie flips them then uses Beak Barge on the opponent.
Up throw: Banjo uppercuts them with his bag.
Down throw: Banjo jumps in the air as Kazooie uses Bill Drill on them.
The grab and all the throws, we haven't seen.

Edge attack: Banjo sweep kicks the opponent. Haven't seen this one yet.

N-air: Banjo does the Flap Flip.
U-air: Banjo swings his backpack over him.
F-air: Kazooie does her Rat-a-tat Rap.
B-air: Banjo performs the Breegull Bash behind him. Was super wrong on this one.
D-air: Kazooie drops a Grenade Egg.
Most of these aerials we haven't seen.

Side Smash: Uses the Pack Whack. Breegull Bash is the Side Smash, so wrong there. Pack Whack could still be possibly in his moveset as a Down Smash.

Up Smash: Shoots up either a Fire Egg, Ice Egg or Clockwork Kazooie Eggs randomly, akin to Snake’s Up Smash from Brawl. Fire Eggs cause a fire effect, Ice Eggs freeze the opponent, and Clockwork Kazooie Eggs create an explosive Clockwork Kazooie that works similarly to Bowser Jr.’s Mechakoopa. We've only seen two eggs here, so this could still be possible.

Down Smash: Banjo swings his backpack around him. See Side Smash.

Neutral B: Breegull Blaster: Has Banjo use Kazooie to shoot eggs at his opponent. The projectiles are bouncy like Dr. Mario’s Megavitamins, but they can be shot in rapid succession. Can be shot in the air. I got this one. What I didn't foresee was the fact that you can walk while using this.

Side B: Turbo Talon Trot: Kazooie will make a mad dash towards the opponent, ramming into opponents for damage. Can be canceled into dash attack. If done so, the dash attack will do more damage and covers more distance. Wonderwing was used for this instead of Up-B.

Up B: Wonderwing: Kazooie will propel both herself and Banjo into the air. If this is used, the two will have Super Armor for one hit. Wrong on this one.

Down B: Beak Buster: If used on the ground, Banjo will jump into the air and plummet down with Kazooie’s beak headed downward. If it is used in the air, Banjo will go straight to plummeting. If any opponents are hit, Banjo and Kazooie will bounce off. Possibly wrong? The Grenade Egg seemed too close to Neutral-B for it to be a Down-B.

Final Smash: The Mighty Jinjonator: Banjo and Kazooie summon the Mighty Jinjonator, the god of all Jinjos. He can fly into opponents a la Super Sonic, however pressing the A button will have him ram into the nearest opponent. Absolutely right.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Even though a lot of Banjo-Kazooie's moveset was very obvious for the right button inputs, I'm still really glad they took notes from the games and at the same time it feels like they listened and read what fans sent them in.

I've posted this many times before ,But this is the same pitch I sent to Nintendo during the fighter ballot in 2015.

I'm most proud about getting Breegull Bash as a Forward Smash and Beak Bayonet as a Forward Tilt correct, I really hope they can change egg ammunition and that their Down Smash is Banjo's Pack Whack (360 Spin) or maybe even Kazooie's Wing Whack (360 Spin).

Character: Banjo & Kazooie

Franchise: Banjo-Kazooie

Games: Diddy Kong Racing (1997)
Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Banjo-Tooie (2000)

Series Logo/Icon: Jiggy/Jigsaw

Movement:

(Left/Right) just like in their games Banjo can slowly creep, walk or run/dash with the same animations depending on the input of the control stick.

Jump:

Y/X: Same animations from like the game Banjo jumps.

YY/XX: Banjo double jumps and Kazooie pops out and flaps wings, Hold same button on the 2nd jump and Kazooie will help you slowly decent to the ground.

Basic Attacks

Movement:

(Left/Right) just like in their games Banjo can slowly creep, walk or run/dash with the same animations depending on the input of the control stick.

Jump:

Y/X: Same animations from like the game Banjo jumps.

YY/XX: Banjo double jumps and Kazooie pops out and flaps wings, Hold same button on the 2nd jump and Kazooie will help you slowly decent to the ground.

Basic Attacks:

A: Claw Swipe
AA: Claw Swipe
AAA/Hold A: Infinite Kazooie Pecks

Side A: (Beak Bayonet) Banjo uses Kazooie as a bayonet and pokes opponent, great range and keeps opponents at bay.

Down A: (2 ideas) While crouched, Kazooie quickly pecks at opponent at a downward angle or Banjo does a quick hit with his backpack.

Up A: Kazooie does an upward double wing whack that sends opponent upwards.

Dash Attack: (2 ideas) Roll Attack or Banjo can do a running Claw Swipe.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: (Breegull Bash) Banjo slams Kazooie on the ground with considerable force, great range and high knockback.

Down Smash: (Pack Whack) Banjo Swings Backpack 360 degrees hitting opponents left and right.

Up Smash: (3 ideas) Kazooie does a 1-2 Wing Whack followed by an upward beak peck, Quick Triple beak peck or Upward Beak Drill sending opponents upward.

Special Attacks:

B: (Egg Fire) Kazooie fires eggs.

(Blue)Rapidly fires 3 at a time, Low knockback.
(Fire)Rapidly fires burning red eggs.
(Ice) Rapidly fires freezing ice eggs, freezes opponents at high percentage damage.
(Grenade)Fires explosive eggs one at a time, but has high knockback.

Hold B: (Change Egg's) Blue/Fire/Ice/Grenade.

Side B: (Beak Barge/Bomb) Banjo and Kazooie charge themselves up and lunge with a powerful beak strike.

Down B: (Clockwork Kazooie Egg) Kazooie lays an egg that hatches into a Mini Mecha Kazooie, can be controlled and detonates after a 5-7 seconds or when the player presses B.

Up B: (Flap Flip) Banjo and Kazooie perform a backflip kick that sends the duo airborne for an upward recovery or the duo can launch themselves upwards to fly like their launch pad animation damage the opponent in the process.

Aerial Attacks:

A: (Pack Whack /Wing Whack) Banjo swings his backpack airborne in a 360 degree spin or Kazooie Slashes opponent with her wings in a 360 degree spin.

Forward A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Kazooie does a forward triple peck, quick and great for short hopping.

Back A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Backwards triple peck or Banjo can swing his backpack backwards.

Up A: Banjo swings Kazooie or backpack in an arch or Kazooie pecks multiple times.

Down A: (Beak Buster) The duo flips upside down and Kazooie pounds the ground with her beak spiking the opponent.

Hold Down A: (Bill Drill) The duo takes a second to wind up and Kazooie Drills downward on opponent, stronger than the Beak Buster.

Grab and Throws:

Pummel: Banjo grabs a hold of opponent while Kazooie pecks them.

Forward: Banjo throws opponent over his head in an arch with both paws like in his games when he gives items to NPC's.

Back: Banjo stuffs opponent in Backpack spins him around and is thrown in the process.

Down: Banjo slams opponent to the ground and uses Kazooie like a Jackhammer in the process.

Up: Banjo throws opponent up and Kazooie pecks them upward.

Shield: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings, like her (Wonder Wing) animation.

Final Smash: Daddy T-Rex /Jinjonator

Taunts:

Kazooie pecks Banjo's head like their Idle animation,

Banjo strums his instrument to the last tune in their theme song.

Banjo chokes Kazooie and laughs afterwards.

Victory Screen Pose:

Duo performs their Jiggy Dance like when they collect a Jiggy and Kazooie swallows it.

Banjo Dances and the duo takes a bow twice like when they collect all the Jiggy's in one world.

The Duo play their instruments to the last tune of their theme song like in thier video game intro.

Victory Theme: The tune that plays when they collect 1 or all the Jiggy's in a world.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Can some of you help me find a Shantae speculation thread? I will continue coming to this thread till the bear and bird release, but really hoping Shantae is next! (Would also prove Spirits do not deconfirm DLC.)

D

Deleted member

The fact this exists is a bless:

It is great to be a DQ and Banjo supporter.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Wait, scratch my previous statement: I know the only other character that could generate the hype Banjo did

Sora

Another "Never-Ever" character tied up in legal red-tape, this time by both Square and Disney. If he somehow got in, it would shatter the internet
Honestly, I think I know another one too.

Ash Ketchum.

Come on, he's the 37th most popular video game character in the WORLD according to The Guinness Book Of World Records. For three of his special moves, he could use his Donphan, Talonflame, and Charizard, changing them whenever he wants to with Down Special, like the Pokémon Trainer. For his Forward Smash, he could charge up an Aura Sphere like he did in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and if you fire the attack at a certain charge, the stronger it is, the more damage it deals. It's similar to Lucario's Aura Sphere and Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

D

Deleted member

what's figthers you will support after banjo kazooie?
Now that my man Eight is finally in, Crash Bandicoot is the only one left of my most wanted.

I also want to support a DQ Heroine echo fighter and Kasumi since they have potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
After this, I think I’m gunning for having Doom Slayer in Smash next. Violent game franchises like Bayonetta and Metal Gear are in, Joker has a gun, Banjo-Kazooie is a franchise in Smash not made in Japan, everything just seems to be lining up for him.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With them in, I think my most-wanted character is Dante from Devil May Cry, though I'd be fine with just about anyone.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I kind of hope to see some more female characters as the game is a little lop sided right now, Jill would be cool, especially if leon was an alt.
Other than that Agumon or Sora would be cool.

Q. Is there a support tread for RE characters, I couldn't find it?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I agree with the idea that "Banjo's reveal cannot be topped". He has been dormant for so long and asked for all that time leading up to this moment. I highly doubt even the likes of Crash Bandicoot could equal what we have just went through. I hope they don't ruin all the good choices so far with a Fire Emblem character....again. I don't think Fire Emblem is the worst series in the world or anything, but we have enough. Seeing anymore FE would still make me *facepalm*.

We do have Banjo & Kazooie now though. So maybe I should just be quiet as we count our blessings. Banjo in Smash is something I never would've dreamed of happening. And OMG does he look like BLAST to play as.?! ^^

My Top 5 after K. ROol have been as follows:

1. Crash
2. Sora
3. Scorpion or Sub-Zero
4. Spyro
5. Agumon

And realizing that Banjo may have been the most *HYPE* reveal even IF we get big names like these that follow. It is hard to tell if they would match up. I mean maybe a MK character would blow the roof off just because of the sheer "WOW!! THEY REALLY DID A VIOLENT ASS CHARACTER". Still, Banjo is here and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
My most wanted is and will always be Shantae (Banjo was number 2)

With Banjo confirmed my top 5 is looking like this:
1. Shantae
2. Steve (yes really)
3. Heavy
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Doomguy

Top Bottom