• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I found a short video someone made about Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer. https://youtu.be/0XhiZHuBo5U

It may make you cry tears of joy again. :) Because...they're coming home.

This may be greedy of me but if Phil is open to adding more Rare characters in Smash....

Can we maybe campaign for Conker next....but G-rated like :ultsnake::ultjoker::ultbayonetta:?

I think Dixie and Krystal will get in eventually since they’re still owned by Nintendo.
Krystal is an Assist Trophy.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Conker, Fulgore, Rash, and Joanna Dark would completely best represent RARE's other properties in Smash, imo. Of course, I have Banjo Kazooie so I'm good for now. ;)

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I feel bad for the other Battletoads. Ever since Rash got added to Killer Instinct (Xbox One) He has been separated from the others.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there’s even more Banjo merch now. FanGamer has launched a new line of Banjo merch.

I still think all of this has to mean something besides his Smash debut.

I’m excited to see the plushies. I’m not a big plushie guy, but I’ll vote for Banjo & Kazooie. They also have a cool Rare logo shirt that I’m thinking of getting.

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/banjo-kazooie

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah it's really odd how much merch is coming for a rather dead (duo of) character(s) who got a Smash spot.... I'd be thrilled just for the Rare Replay coming to Switch, but what if that German Amazon page wasn't actually a mistake? Hmmmmm...

(also Fangamer's gonna get soooo much (more) money off me sometime soon >_>)

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to be added to the letter.

I feel bad for the Battletoads in general

I don't think theres anything wrong with how battle toads were revived. Their game was a 2d beat EM up as far as I know.
I think it fits well.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'd like to be added to the letter.

I don't think theres anything wrong with how battle toads were revived. Their game was a 2d beat EM up as far as I know.
I think it fits well.
I just find the art style really abysmal. And clearly I'm not the only one that thinks that.

It looks like if they got the same people working on Thundercats Roar to make a Battletoads cartoon for Cartoon Network.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Oh yeah I forgot to mention. Swop was doing this project!

I just added Banjo & Kazooie.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just stopping by to congratulate you guys on getting the bear and bird back where they belong. :)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Is anyone else playing through the games now that the duo is confirmed? 100%'ing Tooie myself then moving on to Nuts and Bolts
Damn straight I am! Just completed Banjo-Kazooie on my N64 for the first time in YEARS last week after I bought a copy on a vacation trip in May, thinking they could use all the good luck they could get and collecting every last thing and now going through my original copy of Banjo-Tooie leisurely enjoying the adventure I loved the most secure in the knowledge that Banjo & Kazooie are finally home where they belong! Also, if they do end up making Rare Replay, I actually would really like them to have Nuts n Bolts and even the other GBA games like Pilot and Grunty’s Revenge on them just to have them and try them out!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still don't know if I want another new Smash. Everything I could ever need is already here. (Aside from a cinematic adventure mode but I've come to terms that nobody loved Subspace like I did)

I'd gladly take a DX version with newcomers though :)
As long as someone out there believes a character should get more attention, Smash will be there. Just hoping Sakurai does get a good retirement at some point, like good ol' Reggie. On a side note, Bowser's Direct introduction was priceless.

Young Conker coming right up!
View attachment 227820
Would be awesome. Unfortunately, we'd still have to deal with the "too mature, Nintendo ignores his game" detractors in the meantime, but that kind of thing's business as usual.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there’s even more Banjo merch now. FanGamer has launched a new line of Banjo merch.

I’m excited to see the plushies. I’m not a big plushie guy, but I’ll vote for Banjo & Kazooie. They also have a cool Rare logo shirt that I’m thinking of getting.

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/banjo-kazooie
I've been skeptical, still am, but I'm starting to turn around on the idea of merch meaning something more than Smash. I feel like their appearance in Smash would be such a tight secret that these third parties would not know about that, but could have potentially known about tie-ins with a Microsoft release.

Until we get rumors of something outside of Smash, I'm still going to doubt (well, there's Rare Replay rumors but still doubt, and probably not tied to merch). Does make me wonder, though.

Still, I have so much hype for Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, I can last months before asking for more--Banjo & Kazooie in Smash works so perfectly, and if there's anything I can't wait for, it's more information on that.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's even worse for Commander Keen fans...
I've never played a Commander Keen game, but I could definitely sense that Bethesda was kicking those fans in the teeth with that game.

And Battletoads' art style looks terrible. Or at least, the Toads and the Dark Queen do.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've never played a Commander Keen game, but I could definitely sense that Bethesda was kicking those fans in the teeth with that game.

And Battletoads' art style looks terrible. Or at least, the Toads and the Dark Queen do.
She looks like a poor knock-off of Shego from Kim Possible now. I can't for the life of me even call this a side grade.
668f2c316d8211506929d9c3d3a2a2f3d65f130d512411d186520e34d559dce7.jpg

Gameplay seems decent, but I can't say this motivates me much more to get an Xbox One than before.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Mobile phone game being brought back, not even on console. Real fan service right there...:glare:
I liked when Bethesda was all "WE KNOW GAMERS LOVE PLAYING ON THEIR PHONES" (I'm paraphrasing), and all I could think of was "did you not watch the Diablo Immortal reveal at Blizzcon last year?". They absolutely tanked their entire conference, and the only reason it didn't "seem" like they did was the paid/plants in the audience (there's no way people were that happy and screaming over... nothing, over literally every tiny thing the speaker was saying).

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
A lot of other Rare characters, Conker especially, have far greater hurdles to overcome than Banjo.

With the very slight exception to Joanna Dark, most other Rare ips are incredibly obscure there. Banjo other hand was still a hit there, which is why I never saw coming from western IP as a problem, they were still popular, they were still loved. Conker never even released there until Xbox.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i have finished 99% of Banjo Kazooie the previous year, i am planning to buy Banjo Tooie though it is right now difficult to look for it at any gaming thrift store. i have Nuts & Bolts too however i am saving that for after the classic games.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I think it's so cool that the Hero has 4 different costumes.

I wish we could have gotten other incarnations of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, OoT Sheik, Wedding Bowser, Dry Bones Bowser, Mr. L, Shadow Queen Peach, Wedding Peach, the Super Mario cast in sports gear, shiny Pokémon, Mewtwo's armour from the first movie, Boshi, Shadow, Knuckles...

I kind of understand Sakurai's mentality that some of them are different enough that they couldn't be alternate costumes. But then again, there's Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. :psycho:

I hope we get dragon Kazooie!
A lot of money can be made with releasing real alt costumes as individual DLC. It feels like a missed opportunity that we haven't gotten any yet, but at the same time all of the dev time is currently focused on the Fighters Pass, and potential new and returning Mii Costumes.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
This is painful. Pure pain. My brother, a massive Persona fan, was losing his mind waiting for Joker since December. Now I understand his pain. The first character besides Wario that I truly love, like LOVE, and I gotta wait till September for them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just replayed Banjo-Kazooie (my first time playing through the Xbox 360 version) and beat it 100% (well, 100% of what's tracked by the game and its achievements, anyway - I have no idea if I got all of the Mumbo tokens), and I wrote my thoughts here.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it before, but I think it's a pretty good game, and it might be worth giving a shot.

Also, the final boss was easier than I remembered her being. Mind you, it was still a tough battle; even with the doubled health bar, I only had four hit points left at the end of the fight, but I only died twice, and both of those were due to a fireball hitting me at a bad angle and knocking me off of the tower. Once I got past the phase where she needs to be shot with eggs, it was mostly smooth sailing. (though the final phase is what cost me most of my health)

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
This is painful. Pure pain. My brother, a massive Persona fan, was losing his mind waiting for Joker since December. Now I understand his pain. The first character besides Wario that I truly love, like LOVE, and I gotta wait till September for them.
I'm not having that pain at all TBH. The pain was waiting for E3. The pain was seeing DQ Hero at the start and having a bittersweet time with the rest of the direct. Then they got revealed and now, it's just relief. No more worrying if they will or won't get in, because they did it. They could say they're the Feb 2020 5th fighter and I'd still say the same thing.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it before, but I think it's a pretty good game, and it might be worth giving a shot.
Really? Even after all those forced loot boxes and cut content to be sold as later DLC? I thought it was rather terrible and thought no one else liked it.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
End of September or beginning of October. If my estimations are correct, Hero will release either at the end of this month or the start of July. They'd release about two months apart from each other.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't just want to turn on my Switch and play as Banjo right now, but at least the worst part - the waiting - is over.

What does worry me is the rest of the DLC schedule, however. If Banjo is in September/October, the Fighter Number 4 is in November/December and Number 5 is in February 2020. Meaning they either have to announce number 4 earlier than Banjo releases (as there is usually no Direct in that time period) or shadowdrop them. If it is the latter, then the speculation scene will slowly devolve into the same wasteland it was between the Joker reveal and E3.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
I'm still in awe. I don't think i'll ever forget that moment. Once I saw DK opening his mouth I knew it was time to meet our lovable duo back. I started laughing and crying at the same time... and when I saw the design I lost it. My boyfriend who was next to me said "awww kiss me" and I didn't even notice him LMFAO.

On another note Joanna Dark deserves justice too. And Evelyn Fischer HAS to voice her again if that ever happens.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
End of September or beginning of October. If my estimations are correct, Hero will release either at the end of this month or the start of July. They'd release about two months apart from each other.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't just want to turn on my Switch and play as Banjo right now, but at least the worst part - the waiting - is over.

What does worry me is the rest of the DLC schedule, however. If Banjo is in September/October, the Fighter Number 4 is in November/December and Number 5 is in February 2020. Meaning they either have to announce number 4 earlier than Banjo releases (as there is usually no Direct in that time period) or shadowdrop them. If it is the latter, then the speculation scene will slowly devolve into the same wasteland it was between the Joker reveal and E3.
I suspect they would do another August Direct like last year to showcase Hero as he as some unexplained aspects like stage and many special moves. He'll then be released that day, servers working again 3 days later. Maybe another version will drop and modes added. Maybe some side or Echo DLC....?

Then Banjo releases in October, fighter 4 in December (like Cloud) and fighter 5 in February (like Bayonetta).

D

Deleted member

Banjo releasing on my birthday (October 28th) would be pretty cool, ngl.

A great date to get into the Banjo series.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm still in awe. I don't think i'll ever forget that moment. Once I saw DK opening his mouth I knew it was time to meet our lovable duo back. I started laughing and crying at the same time... and when I saw the design I lost it. My boyfriend who was next to me said "awww kiss me" and I didn't even notice him LMFAO.

On another note Joanna Dark deserves justices too. And Evelyn Fischer HAS to voice her again if that ever happens.
'Kiss me.'
'Shhh shhh shhh shhh! My true love is on the screen right now.'

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

The bad news is that is completely inevitable. Everyone is vying for their character(s) to make it in and with only two spots remaining of the Fighter Pass that we don't know whether or not they'll add more Fighter Passes in the future or not. So right now this is the endgame and people will be fighting tooth and nail to get their characters in, so there'll inevitably be a lot of fighting and arguments among the Smash fanbase. The good news though is WE don't have a damn thing to worry about because our beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies are back and finally in SMASH!!!! I know its gonna be a torturous wait waiting for them to be available in the game, but after waiting ten to twenty years, I can wait just a little longer. I know they'll be worth it. And I hope the Fighter Pass has characters remaining who will garner the same hype reactions and fanbase delight that we received. I don't know whether or not that'll happen, given past trends of the hype machines coming out early and most of the rest of the recipients kinda turning out to be duds (Corrin & Bayonetta for Sm4sh and Ken and Incineroar for base Ultimate), but I want everyone to have the same feeling of satisfaction that us Banjo-Roos received!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The bad news is that is completely inevitable. Everyone is vying for their character(s) to make it in and with only two spots remaining of the Fighter Pass that we don't know whether or not they'll add more Fighter Passes in the future or not. So right now this is the endgame and people will be fighting tooth and nail to get their characters in, so there'll inevitably be a lot of fighting and arguments among the Smash fanbase. The good news though is WE don't have a damn thing to worry about because our beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies are back and finally in SMASH!!!! I know its gonna be a torturous wait waiting for them to be available in the game, but after waiting ten to twenty years, I can wait just a little longer. I know they'll be worth it. And I hope the Fighter Pass has characters remaining who will garner the same hype reactions and fanbase delight that we received. I don't know whether or not that'll happen, given past trends of the hype machines coming out early and most of the rest of the recipients kinda turning out to be duds (Corrin & Bayonetta for Sm4sh and Ken and Incineroar for base Ultimate), but I want everyone to have the same feeling of satisfaction that us Banjo-Roos received!
And from my part there’s also the fact that I got one of my two most wanted picks in the form of Eight.

Only Crash would be left, and he thankfully seems highly likely.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
From the Joker community, simply congrats to you all on achieving a 2 decade long dream! I was screaming so damn hard and running all over the house as soon as i saw Kazooie's wings! Hell i nearly threw up because i had eaten 10 minutes before! :laugh:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm still finding myself with a big dumb smile on my face whenever I think about Banjo & Kazooie in Smash or watching videos about it. Even though they're legally Microsoft's, I think of them as honorary Nintendo characters similar to Bayonetta.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Support letter, please!

I am still emotionally shook...in the best possible meaning!

D

Deleted member

I'm still finding myself with a big dumb smile on my face whenever I think about Banjo & Kazooie in Smash or watching videos about it. Even though they're legally Microsoft's, I think of them as honorary Nintendo characters similar to Bayonetta.
Same feelings as you but also with Eight, the F4 in UA3 and CTR NF.

This amount of happyness is what I needed in my life recently.

Top Bottom