• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

LMatt

Smash Rookie
Oh. Did he choose to partner with Nintendo? Or Phil Spencer did?
From an interview I read where Phil talks about B&K in Smash, I believe it was Nintendo that approached Microsoft for the deal.

It makes sense since Microsoft is not doing anything with the IP, so they wouldn't really have any use for them in the game, unless Nintendo asked specifically for Banjo & Kazooie - which I very much believe was what happened.

It fills my heart with joy thinking that Nintendo saw the amount of love still around for B&K (probably because of the ballot) and decided to go get them.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
From an interview I read where Phil talks about B&K in Smash, I believe it was Nintendo that approached Microsoft for the deal.

It makes sense since Microsoft is not doing anything with the IP, so they wouldn't really have any use for them in the game, unless Nintendo asked specifically for Banjo & Kazooie - which I very much believe was what happened.

It fills my heart with joy thinking that Nintendo saw the amount of love still around for B&K (probably because of the ballot) and decided to go get them.
Oh. So that means they won't cancel Banjo & Kazooie's return home!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, people who are both Banjo and Steve fans should be in a very good place right now. Because not only Banjo got in, but according to Phil Spencer himself, it was an easy deal to make.

Meaning that, when Smash 6 comes, as long as nobody ***** up the Microsoft-Nintendo relationship, not only might Banjo become a mainstay, but Microsoft will be in prime position to get a second character in.
Still don't know if I want another new Smash. Everything I could ever need is already here. (Aside from a cinematic adventure mode but I've come to terms that nobody loved Subspace like I did)

I'd gladly take a DX version with newcomers though :)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Still don't know if I want another new Smash. Everything I could ever need is already here. (Aside from a cinematic adventure mode but I've come to terms that nobody loved Subspace like I did)

I'd gladly take a DX version with newcomers though :)
And a more Subspace style adventure mode! With Banjo & Kazooie in the intro, grabbing aboard Kirby's Warp Star to escape Galeem's beams!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Everything I could ever need is already here. (Aside from a cinematic adventure mode but I've come to terms that nobody loved Subspace like I did)
I share your pain. Subspace is the single coolest non-character feature in any Smash. The only painful thing about getting Banjo in Ultimate is that we won't get to take him on a crazy cinematic adventure with all the other characters.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
WOW so phil spencer said he is ok with other rare characters as DLC ??? well the other banjo characters are IN smash already Grunty Mumbo & the like
SOOOOO LETS ! 1: Convince sakurai for a season 2 fighter pass ! & GET CONKER IN SMASH ! get banjo diddy & conker back together !

AND NO ! conker would work ! he isn't a bad foul mouthed squirle ! he is actually a good boy who just had a bad day & joined the army

Snake & Bayo are rated M
Joker uses a gun !
Corrin uses a CHAINSAW SWORD !

CONKER COULD HAPPEN !

Other rare characters would be cool BUT CONKER ! would be amazing ! he is a red squilre too ! not human or anime not a sword user !

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Just wanted to drop in and say hi and congrats to everyone! The Nintendo 64 was my first console and to this day Banjo and Kazooie's two adventures on it remain high on my list of my favorite games of all time, so the bear and bird ended up being my most wanted characters for Smash for several years now. I've already written an essay tonight but safe to say I was more excited yesterday then I've ever been for a Smash reveal, and I think they got everything absolutely perfect. Looking forward to maining this duo when they drop! :)

Voe

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 227756 Always remember Banjo was a sword user & he went on many adventures B4 he meet kazooie (AKA the ultimate weapon)

View attachment 227758 But don't worry she enjoys it View attachment 227759 she is a masochist
On a related Spongebobian note, a certain adaptional artist has posted what is quite possibly the best B-K fan art so far.

https://www.deviantart.com/mast3r-r...g-With-Banjo-Kazooie-CUE-SMASH-HYPE-801236285

View attachment 227768
I bet when Banjo & Kazooie aren't going on adventures they're complete degenerates. I mean both of them are friends with Conker after all.

LMatt

Smash Rookie
Oh. So that means they won't cancel Banjo & Kazooie's return home!
No, they won't! :)

I loved Subspace Emissary too, it would be awesome if they could make another one!

I just feel it would be very difficult to include every character (70+) in a satisfying way for both the fans and business partners, so it doesn't feel very likely. But after B&K got in, I also feel like everything is possible, so let's not lose hope!

CONKER COULD HAPPEN !
Yes he could, I'd love to have Conker as a fighter too!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I made a new essay in regards to Banjo-Kazooie's confirmation. Please read it when you have the time. It is about 9,000 words, so it is a pretty lengthy read.

Here is a link to it:
https://smashboards.com/threads/ult...onfirmation-of-banjo-kazooie-and-hero.484937/
I'm a little hurt by the fact you said a sizable portion of Banjo fans are sore winners. Maybe outside of this thread, but definitely not in here. Sure, one or two have insisted on bringing up Steve after the direct, but they've been told to chill by everyone else. An extremely overwhelming amount of us are very nice, dislike the faux-feud that's been going on and only want to see everyone get along and enjoy this masterpiece of a game together.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I am so happy right now. I finished my 100% Banjo-Kazooie play-through and the duo is still in Smash.

Fun facts from my run:
  • I never finished my original file as a kid and that one has 60+ hrs on it.
  • My first completion run (this one) is only 13 hrs give or take a few minutes long.
  • I found Gruntilda's Phase 2 to be the most annoying.
  • Rusty Bucket Bay was the world that I spent the most time on collecting everything followed by Gobi's Valley.
  • I unfortunately wasn't able to figure out everything on my own, had to look up a few things sadly.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
  • I never finished my original file as a kid and that one has 60+ hrs on it.
  • My first completion run (this one) is only 13 hrs give or take a few minutes long.
Completing games I had as a kid now makes me wonder how young me filled the extra 50+ hours and still didn't do everything.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else playing through the games now that the duo is confirmed? 100%'ing Tooie myself then moving on to Nuts and Bolts

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Since I was a doubting thomas up until the reveal, you'll all be pleased to know that even up to the last second up to the reveal I was STILL moping and doubting...

Boy, did that make the reveal even more sweet. Hope ya'll enjoy

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Completing games I had as a kid now makes me wonder how young me filled the extra 50+ hours and still didn't do everything.
Maybe getting lost in the world figuratively and literally! In my case I know I was just taken aback by the vibrant worlds like those in Banjo-Kazooie. I'd imagine how living there, having fun, and going on adventures would be like. So I'd just spend time running around in the world without a clear goal for that reason. Or at least, that's what I like to think~

Speaking of, that's a feeling I rarely get these days when playing games. There are two recent-ish ones though: Dark Souls 3 and FFXIV.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Since I was a doubting thomas up until the reveal, you'll all be pleased to know that even up to the last second up to the reveal I was STILL moping and doubting...

Lowkey...was kind of hoping for a reaction from you lol.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else playing through the games now that the duo is confirmed? 100%'ing Tooie myself then moving on to Nuts and Bolts
Finished them both just a day or so before the first day of E3 this year. Was planning on booting up N&B after I get home from work in about an hour but I'm scared to. Anxious to check it out but I don't want to be exposed to something so many people despise. I have yet to see Banjo-Kazooie in any kind of negative light but the things I've heard.....lol

AugustusB

Smash Champion
At some point I would like to! I don't have a way to play it, but I think me and my friend are planning to go through them all before they arrive!

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Late to the party, but congrats for everyone here! Banjo brings back so much good times. I'm gonna hopefully play through both games at some point when I get a TV set up in my room. Might be a while though, but I planning on hooking up the N64 regardless.

I've had both games for a long time. They weren't originally mine though. As a young'n many years ago, I stole from a friend of a friend.
I feel really bad about this, but sadly he won't take them back. He just went and bought new ones without even knowing he had them before in the first place.

So there ya go, my dark secret I promised myself to tell the world if Banjo got in. Again, Congrats!

LMatt

Smash Rookie
I think it's so cool that the Hero has 4 different costumes.

I wish we could have gotten other incarnations of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, OoT Sheik, Wedding Bowser, Dry Bones Bowser, Mr. L, Shadow Queen Peach, Wedding Peach, the Super Mario cast in sports gear, shiny Pokémon, Mewtwo's armour from the first movie, Boshi, Shadow, Knuckles...

I kind of understand Sakurai's mentality that some of them are different enough that they couldn't be alternate costumes. But then again, there's Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. :psycho:

I hope we get dragon Kazooie!

Last edited:

Grawgh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grawgh

Oh man, you were sounding like me before the reveal! Literally about the end.. And then when the jiggy dropped across the floor. The screaming, and almost crying was me as well. Except like.. I did kind of cry and forget to watch the rest of the trailer.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
WOW so phil spencer said he is ok with other rare characters as DLC ??? well the other banjo characters are IN smash already Grunty Mumbo & the like
SOOOOO LETS ! 1: Convince sakurai for a season 2 fighter pass ! & GET CONKER IN SMASH ! get banjo diddy & conker back together !

AND NO ! conker would work ! he isn't a bad foul mouthed squirle ! he is actually a good boy who just had a bad day & joined the army

Snake & Bayo are rated M
Joker uses a gun !
Corrin uses a CHAINSAW SWORD !

CONKER COULD HAPPEN !

Other rare characters would be cool BUT CONKER ! would be amazing ! he is a red squilre too ! not human or anime not a sword user !
Another character that i will support for smash 6

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Loved seeing your reaction--"Lenny.exe has stopped working" was great, same with me. When I saw the same intro to K Rool's I was like--this is definitely Smash, what's happening, what's happening. Then the same intro happened, and was so confused that it was K Rool's trailer that I didn't recognize K Rool. I couldn't comprehend anything, it was my friend jumping out of his chair and digging his fingers into my shoulders that snapped me back to reality.

So glad that reality was Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. :chuckle:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
This may be greedy of me but if Phil is open to adding more Rare characters in Smash....

Can we maybe campaign for Conker next....but G-rated like :ultsnake::ultjoker::ultbayonetta:?

I think Dixie and Krystal will get in eventually since they’re still owned by Nintendo.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This may be greedy of me but if Phil is open to adding more Rare characters in Smash....

Can we maybe campaign for Conker next....but G-rated like :ultsnake::ultjoker::ultbayonetta:?

I think Dixie and Krystal will get in eventually since they’re still owned by Nintendo.
Young Conker coming right up!
1560408238847.png

Top Bottom