• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What are your guys thoughts on if we do get another Xbox/Rare related character being; Joanna Dark?
So unlikely to get a second microsoft/rare rep, even more unlikely that it'll be Joanna. The problem is what would her moveset be?
Something that also made me think about: We haven't gotten a single character that was exclusively in a first-person-view only game. Hell very few of the characters have even gotten FPV games (Samus comes to mind and that's not even for the entirety of the prime games).

Idk I just can't possibly see another Microsoft/Rare rep, much less Joanna getting in after Banjo. I still think Mii Costume Theory is what's gonna happen (with Capcom and Namco taking the last 2 spots before they just do individual DLC packs of fighters).

spoon98

Smash Rookie
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense, but the day has been hectic as you can imagine.

We'll definitely be tallying everyone up and putting a thank you card together for Sakurai soon, everyone on the support list will be included as well!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
When will you start the tally or will you do it elsewhere i dont wanna miss out on it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I never got a chance to swing by to say congrats! I have been so vocal in this thread but I’ve always been a Banjo and Kazooie supporter and fan. Ewing then in since Smash 64 was a dream of mine.

I can’t wait to see more of the character and it’s amazing series shown off in months to come.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense, but the day has been hectic as you can imagine.

We'll definitely be tallying everyone up and putting a thank you card together for Sakurai soon, everyone on the support list will be included as well!

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you so very much for taking on this task and giving words to those of us who are still speechless. My appreciation of Sakurai, Rare, Nintendo, Phil and you card writers goes well beyond anything I could ever put into words myself. Thank you so much :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
When will you start the tally or will you do it elsewhere i dont wanna miss out on it.
I'll be counting everyone that said they want in soon, the letter itself probably won't be done for a bit in preparation and to give everyone time.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just keep having this image in my head of Master Chief dropping off Banjo & Kazooie right near DK's house before their Splash Screen. Imagine if Master Chief didn't tell them where they were going and after Master Chief parks Banjo & Kazooie see DK's house in the distance and Chief hands them the Smash Invitation.

What a big surprise that would be!

YesThatsMe

Smash Rookie
I'll be counting everyone that said they want in soon, the letter itself probably won't be done for a bit in preparation and to give everyone time.
I registered just to say that I want in on whatever this thank you letter is. I am overjoyed. Banjo&Kazooie are the only video game characters that hold as much significance to me as Link, my current main, and I was crying when they were announced today. I've been bouncing off the walls all day!

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I wasn’t super active here, I was more of a Banjo supporter in the social thread. Would love to be included though!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Kazooie looks so disinterested in becoming part of Smash that it's kind of endearing.
Banjo's like "YEAH KAZOOIE, WE'RE ALIVE AND RELEVANT AGAIN!", and she just responds with "yeah we're here, whatever".

If rando-nobodies like me are allowed on, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
People are complaining (Nothing against you guys and I'm not attacking you for this) about Banjo being a little muscular. Personally I like it, He's a big strong bear boi and it makes his attacks look all the more punchier.

Also anyone remember this?

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
People are complaining (Nothing against you guys and I'm not attacking you for this) about Banjo being a little muscular. Personally I like it, He's a big strong bear boi and it makes his attacks look all the more punchier.

Also anyone remember this?
He hasn’t had much to do in recent years, so he’s probably been pumping iron in his free time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Banjo: WOOO. WE MADE IT KAZOOIE!
Kazooie: You're going to use me as a weapon again aren't you?
Banjo: .....Guh huh.
Kazooie: Whatever. Let's just get this over.

Kazooie looks so disinterested in becoming part of Smash that it's kind of endearing.
View attachment 227620
Kazooie with all that sass be like: "Finally, it's about time. Why'd it take so long? Hmph."

When you get around to it, please add me to that list. SB user name is fine.

Would not be against Banjo's....banjo having a presence in his move set in some way. Maybe in a taunt. They've got so much potential for moves across the board it may be hard to fit in as a tilt or something.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Banjo: WOOO. WE MADE IT KAZOOIE!
Kazooie: You're going to use me as a weapon again aren't you?
Banjo: .....Guh huh.
Kazooie: Whatever. Let's just get this over.
Physically slamming her into the ground, objects, and opponents, forced egg-laying (out both ends... how does that even work again?), and having to carry someone significantly heavier than you (while both running on land or flying into the air). I'd probably feel the same way!

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I just keep having this image in my head of Master Chief dropping off Banjo & Kazooie right near DK's house before their Splash Screen. Imagine if Master Chief didn't tell them where they were going and after Master Chief parks Banjo & Kazooie see DK's house in the distance and Chief hands them the Smash Invitation.

What a big surprise that would be!
Hopefully they convince Sakurai to invite Chief in the future. ;)

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Would not be against Banjo's....banjo having a presence in his move set in some way. Maybe in a taunt.
Same. I really wanna to see that banjo and kazoo again. They're rather iconic to me. I hope they don't go the way of DK's boxing gloves from K. Rool's reveal trailer.

We've seen two of their taunts, the first at the 1:14 mark in the trailer, and the second at 1:32.
I'd love for the third taunt to be them playing a few notes on their respective instruments. And have it look similar to the pose they strike after they swatted away Duck Hunt.

Last edited:

spoon98

Smash Rookie
Awsome im glad I cant wait to be a part of this despite only being a lurker for so long

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm supporter No. 38...?

Wow, I've been parading Banjo-Kazooie around this website for that long? Time flies.

foshoshon

Smash Rookie
I registered today cause I want to be part of the thank you letter. I've been mostly a lurker as a guest since mid last year. Banjo is my favorite series and I've been wanting them in Smash for a long time (or anything really in these last 11 years). It finally happened and I'm so happy and couldn't contain my excitement when they were revealed. Our faith was rewarded big time.

Conker Bandicoot

Smash Rookie

Add me on that list please ! I was never active in here but i've been watching this topic very often to check some news and see all the support.
I'm SO happy that they're back, i still can't believe it !

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Whats all this about a thank you letter? Because its a brilliant idea.

Banjo in smash is huge for a lot of people especially those that grew up with the bear and bird. Kazooie and Tooie are some of my favourite games that I go back to play annually. I've been hoping for Banjo since melee and the smash DLC poll (I lost hope for brawl because they sold RARE), Its great to see Banjo-Kazooie back where they belong.

If you're still collecting names could you add me please :)

Last edited:

IngoDingo

Smash Rookie
I've been following this thread for a while now and decided to register an account to say I'd love to be included in this thank you letter. I've been waiting my entire life for this moment and I couldn't be happier.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Don't forget to write a thank you letter to Phil Spencer, Grant Kirkhope and Rare too! If it weren't for them, Banjo Kazooie would never have been an option!

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been here since page 265, but dear lord I was everywhere on the Internet yesterday for hours reveling in all the reactions, memes, fan art, and it was all just glorious. I never though I'd have seen Banjo reach #5 on twitter for any reason. That's what years of ridiculous fan support swelling up will look like. They were the only characters I ever wanted in Smash. so now for the rest of the fighter pass I don't even care who else is there, though I'm sure they'll be hype. I wanna be on the thank you letter too!

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
What idea do you guys have for the Spirit Battles? They HAVE to do green Bayonetta if there's a Gruntilda one.
- Maybe a Zelda for Humba Wumba.
- Bowser for T-Rex Banjo
- Yoshi and diddy kong for Tiptup diddy kong racing spirit.
- Dunno what for Mumbo Spirit
- Team of blue Kirby's for egg spirit

I think Gruntilda spirit will be gotten from the Gruntilda Boss. But two Bayonetta's could give the witch sisters as a spirit

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It's gonna be painful waiting for them to get in... Not much else at E3 appealed to me, and BK being playable is still a ways off. Still.

For Spirit Battles I hope they have a page of Spirits shouting out other Rare characters and 64-era games
Rash, Zitz and Pimple (Battletoads): Three Greninja, transforming items only, Big Blue track (based on the Wind Tunnel, naturally)
Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark): Invisible Zero Suit Samus with landmines
Conker: Fox with reversed controls/screen on the player (starts out as the 12 Tales design, evolves into Bad Fur Day design)
Diddy Kong Racing: Diddy Kong, K. Rool (Krunch), Incineroar (Timber), Squirtle (Tiptup), Fox (Conker), Pichu (Pipsy) & Wolf (Bumper) in an 8-man Smash on Mario Kart (Brawl)

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm feeling pretty good about Mii Fighter outfits based on other Rare properties coming out alongside Banjo.

Swordfighter: Mumbo Jumbo, Spinal
Brawler: Rash, Fulgore
Gunner: Joanna Dark, Juno/Vela

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I have waited almost 2 decades. I think we can wait a little longer.

What I'm most curious about is what Grunty's role is going to be. She's probably just going to be a cameo, but it would be cool if she became a boss. I'm still holding out for that boss mode.

halloumi

Smash Rookie
This is all so surreal still. I've been lurking on this thread every day since the Grinch Leak happened. I wanted to see the duo in Smash since the very first entry in the series and having them finally confirmed makes me feel extremely grateful for being part of this timeline. The reveal trailer was one of the top moments of all gaming ever to me personally and I'm sure that many of you feel the same way. Thanks to all of you guys here for your support and the entertaining discussions this whole time. I would be delighted to be added to the thank you letter!!

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Actual Concersation in my Workplace:
Me: Hey, coworker!
Coworker: What?
M: You like Smash Bros?
C: Yes...?
M: You like Banjo-Kazooie?
C: What's that?
M: Well guess who- Wait what?
C: What?
M: You don't know who Banjo and Kazooie are?
C: Aren't those instruments?
M: Well, yes, but no, it's a revolutionary '90s platformer, and they were just announced for Smash... Nevermind, I guess.
C: Okay.

Top Bottom