• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I still can't believe this has happened. It feels like a massive weight has fallen off my shoulders. No more would I have to worry about what leak is right or what rumor is real because this is what I've been waiting for. All of my obsession and worry had led up to this day. Through all the good and bad times you bros and sisters were here to keep me sane.

KjlTMEo.gif

I love you all!!!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Banjo & Kazooie joining Smash Bros. shows just how strong Nintendo's relationship with Microsoft is. :) I know I probably annoyed a few of you with my worries, I deeply apologize. Now, let's wait till we finally get our Bear and Bird back where they rightfully belong!

Bonnelle D'Arc

Smash Rookie
My, today was a field day for everyone hasn't it?

It's official. Banjo just broke the internet.

Not only do we get 4 Dragon Quest protagonists, but also Banjo finally makes his debut in Smash along with Kazooie of course! June 11th, 2019 will go down in history as a legendary moment in Smash Bros. history.

If anything, I just wanted to congratulate all the Banjo bros out there. After 20 years of waiting and the constant ridicule from naysayers, you guys got the last laugh. Victory must taste so good right now for both you and the DQ supporters. For me, the hype was so infectious that I couldn't help but smile and cheer on Banjo as I saw all the trailer and the reactions. I think the Banjo hype rivals the hype for Sonic when he was revealed back in Brawl. Not only that, but Banjo's inclusion opens up a lot of opportunities for more western characters and fan favorites to make way into Smash.

Also, it's ironic that the fake Grinch leak actually predicted Banjo's inclusion. Funny how that works. Also, Steve lost the battle against Banjo. Good. Now we can seel less of those Steveposting memes. They were always in bad taste anyway.

I have to admit that I've never played Banjo-Kazooie and I probably should at some point (back to emulating again!).

Again, congrats~!

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Today was a good day. I remember feeling so disappointed when wolf wasn't in smash 4. 4 years later I get him along with my 3 most wanteds. Don't even bother with a new smash. Just update this one and port it to every future console.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Man, for that two minutes I spent screaming and cheering, I had a headache and my mind was all over the place. Now that I'm calm, it really happened. I can't get over it, it really happened.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm imagining the Rare reunion now in Smash.

Donkey Kong: Bestial gorilla noises
Diddy Kong: Animalistic chimp noises
King K. Rool: Guttural crocodile noises
Banjo: Guh-huh!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hey, remember all those Steveposters that sent me "Haha Boomer" memes when I poked fun at them on Twitter? Well, I made good on my threat of sending them all smug laughing gifs if Banjo got in. Only instead of Nelson Muntz, I sent them all anime girls. All twenty-eight of them. (Well, all the ones that didn't block me or hastily delete their tweets today.)

Behold!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And you know what? Some of them tweeted back to congratulate me on my character getting in! So we had some rapport and some of them are now my broski. I love a happy ending, don't you?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Can rule out it being the amiibo listing?
Idk about you but no amiibo should cost 70 Euros.
If that was a placeholder purely for Amiibo, it should have the normal Amiibo price.
Also, it's gonna be weird to allow preorders without an official announcement...

Last edited:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Okay if Banjo is in smash does this pave way for the inevitable Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie remasters (and Banjo Threeie revival)?
Honestly, I havent finished the games because we are too piss poor and young to buy a console (I was literally born in 1998), I have played it at my friend's house so I get to experience it somehow. I would love to finish the game in Switch <:(

grizby2

Smash Lord
them: they aren't relevant
me :

the original sound bits are my absolute favorite part! I hope they kept "GUH-oh!". maybe for their edge-lean perhaps?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

Krystal: Excuse me guys. Are we forgetting THIS is the reason I'm here back in this skimpy outfit? And where's the squirrel?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Okay if Banjo is in smash does this pave way for the inevitable Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie remasters (and Banjo Threeie revival)?
Honestly, I havent finished the games because we are too piss poor and young to buy a console (I was literally born in 1998), I have played it at my friend's house so I get to experience it somehow. I would love to finish the game in Switch <:(
I'd say one step at a time. Next step would probably be getting Rare Replay on Switch (and PC for that matter, wtf Microsoft?). If sales for Banjo (Smash Fighter Pass/DLC pack) and RR does well, as well as the merch that's now flooding from everywhere, I don't see why they couldn't eventually try Banjo-Threeie (again, assuming sales are high enough). Remasters seem very unlikely since Rare Replay came out not all that long ago (not even 4 years yet!) and did bump up the resolution of the originals (while also tweaking B-K slightly by making notes permanently collected instead of losing them all when you die [no clue on what they did to B-T]), and honestly, they look fine.

TBH I'm a bit surprised Rare Replay wasn't announced. With the floodgate of B-K merch coming out of nowhere, it seems so surreal that it's just for their Smash Ultimate inclusion.

Krystal: Excuse me guys. Are we forgetting THIS is the reason I'm here back in this skimpy outfit? And where's the squirrel?
Rip Conker, DKC-CBFD.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been discussed here yet but it looks like they are making Gruntilda into a game boss which is super exciting. Its the same thing with what happened with Simon Belmont where it looks like the same stage however under closer inspection their is only one character and a bridge that wasn't present on the original rotating stage.
grunty boss.jpg

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I just wanted to say congratulations to all those who wanted Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, I've never played the games but I've always liked the character's design and he looks really fun to play.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It feels bizarre even to go on this thread now seeing it moved to the confirmed character section. :chuckle:

Not sure if this has been discussed here yet but it looks like they are making Gruntilda into a game boss which is super exciting. Its the same thing with what happened with Simon Belmont where it looks like the same stage however under closer inspection their is only one character and a bridge that wasn't present on the original rotating stage. View attachment 227610
That would be awesome--though, I would be content if it ends up being a shot made for the trailer. That shift, though, did catch my attention.

Now that they are coming, let's discuss...Kirby's hat when he copies Banjo & Kazooie!
I think Kirby should definitely have Banjo's backpack.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Congrats to everyone.

It was even on my E3 bingo card because I predicted it and yet it still felt surreal to watch it happen.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well I'll be damned.

My emotions during the Direct proceeded thusly,

The Hero is revealed? Neat! Oh the other heroes from past games are here too! ...awww man. I didn't realize just how badly I wanted Banjo & Kazooie until now. Oh man, the rest of this Direct, they're killing it! ...minutes left. One more Smash announcement? I mean, probably not Banjo at this point but- OH. A VILLAINS TRAILER?! Another bad guy? ... DK and the krew? We getting Dixie Kon—JIGGY!!! JIGGY JIGGY JIGGY IT'S THEM IT'S—

And the rest is history. I woke up this morning saying to myself, "Gonna prepare the Cloud shrugging gif." WELL NOT ANYMORE! Wow, Nintendo, Sakurai, Microsoft, Rare, Grant Kirkhope, Steve Mayles, so many people involved... Holy damn. I was prepared to be wrong? I didn't want to be wrong? And boy was I glad I was wrong about being wrong.

Welcome home, Banjo & Kazooie. You're gonna see some good bracket results from me when you two come out.

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Tears have been shed. I can't believe it happened! The reveal trailer was so good, pity I didn't see it live because of work though. I absolutely love what Kirkhope did with the Spiral Mountain track, it's the perfect mix of new and nostalgiac. You could not have asked for a better piece to accompany the reveal! Also glad that any fears of realistic bear and bird noises were put to rest immediately.

Did anyone notice the different sound effects for Kazooie's eggs? It actually sounds really jarring to me, since the other noises are faithful. It doesn't bother me, (what could after finally getting BK??) but it would have been some added satisfaction hearing those familiar egg cracks.

I really hope that forward or neutral air is rat-a-tat rap AND has an additional effect of having BK hover in place (at least once without having to touch the ground again.) If so, it'll be his most spammed move just like in the OG games. At least, for me it was.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense, but the day has been hectic as you can imagine.

We'll definitely be tallying everyone up and putting a thank you card together for Sakurai soon, everyone on the support list will be included as well!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
The universe at large in response to Banjo-Kazooie becoming playable in Smash:

Even the DK Krew celebrated the return of their long-lost brethren.

Also, put my name on that thank you list, please. This is one of the greatest gifts to gaming both Nintendo and Microsoft have given us, and they deserve to know our gratitude for making this dream a reality.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just had to make sure I was on the support list, was honestly lower than I thought. I'm looking forward to seeing this card.

I can't wait to see them released.

Top Bottom