• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Has anyone every notice that in one of the screenshots of spiral mountain Mumbo was at the entrance of Grunty's Lair?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Apparently I was such a big supporter of Banjo-Kazooie that I was on the support list twice.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else not the type to get super hyped up and jump around? My reactions to stuff like this is mostly awe and disbelief. Honestly, I still don't believe it. It all feels like a troll, even though it truly isn't. I guess 20 years of disappointment makes you hard to accept things when they do happen.

As for that Amazon Germany Banjo title, I think it's pretty obviously a mistake due to language differences and mistaking the Smash reveal for a new game. Then again, as I've just said, I'm pretty much a hardened cynic lol. :)

D

Deleted member

Coming from the Erdrick thread, I'm a bit late but congratulations on getting BK! I found the interpretation of the pair amusing as it reminds me of old manga series like Kochikame, which I'm quite a fan. I really hope the character is fun to play as well since I already got the fighter pass!

And seriously don't take it to the fans of other character which might seem disconfirmed right now, keep celebrating and enjoying ;)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I really love just how happy and jovial Banjo looks in his gameplay. It's almost as if the character is a living entity, trying so hard to have joined the ranks of the best characters that video games have seen, only to fail over and over.

Now that he finally succeeded, he can't wipe that smile off his face!
I always had a headcanon that they got their invite years ago, they just keep getting lost. This is how they ended up in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. They just now made it.

The Smash site is still having issues for me. It won't load Banjo's page.

Now people can officially discuss what their Classic mode will be.
I doubt they're going to reveal Banjo's page in full until after Hero's release. That said, because his page is listed as "false", I guess his series icon is tied to his page's existence, and the Spiral Mountain remix on the site has no icon next to it as a result. Just a small annoyance to me.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Top 3 for DLC After last smash direct
1 Geno
2 Banjo
3 Joker
I am happy about this DLC pass
Wait... what are you saying?

The top three characters you want, after the last direct, includes two characters already revealed?

I DONT UNDERSTANT!!11!!1!

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
I can't help but wonder if anything from Nuts & Bolts will be referenced. I mean, we didn't see any of their grabs, sooo...

But I did pick up on one thing: In the shot with B-K fighting Falco and Pirahna Plant on Spiral Mountain, Banjo stretches upwards momentarily. This was an idle animation from N&B.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I always had a headcanon that they got their invite years ago, they just keep getting lost. This is how they ended up in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. They just now made it.

I doubt they're going to reveal Banjo's page in full until after Hero's release. That said, because his page is listed as "false", I guess his series icon is tied to his page's existence, and the Spiral Mountain remix on the site has no icon next to it as a result. Just a small annoyance to me.
The remix has an icon next to it for me. Try clearing your broswer's cache.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I can't help but wonder if anything from Nuts & Bolts will be referenced. I mean, we didn't see any of their grabs, sooo...

But I did pick up on one thing: In the shot with B-K fighting Falco and Pirahna Plant on Spiral Mountain, Banjo stretches upwards momentarily. This was an idle animation from N&B.
i am starting to doubt any references to Nuts & Bolts will be added, but i like to be wrong though. i still want a .L.O.G. spirit battle.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
What a day! My emotions are still all over the place. I am so happy and I can't stop smiling ear to ear. My mind is still trying to grasp on what happened today. I literally can't believe it. Banjo & Kazooie are finally back and they look better than ever. I was really surprised to see their trailer as another variation of K. Rool's trailer and that K. Rool was actually sleeping in DK's house. Sakurai definitely knew of the comparisons between Banjo & Kazooie and the Duck Hunt Duo and that was done perfectly. Then as soon as they dropped down from the sky I jumped for joy. They actually did it. The moment I have been dreaming of since I was a child couldn't have been any better than that. Seeing DK, Diddy, and K. Rool joyful in the presence of them was definitely the most wholesome moment ever. I was hoping to see Diddy in B&K's trailer and they exceeded my expectations.

Now onto their moveset. Their moveset so far looks amazing! So many moves from their arsenal including the eggs, shock jump pad, wonderwing, breegull bash, it really is perfect. Their design, their expressions, and the fact they look so happy on the battlefield makes me so giddy! Spiral Mountain looks amazing in 3D and I can't wait to start taking screenshots when I get the pack. Gruntilda, Bottles, Mumbo, and the Jinjos! This is all I could ask for! I cried tears of joy afterwards. This moment is my childhood dream come true. Sakurai couldn't have done it any better. Thank you Masahiro Sakurai. Thank you Phil Spencer. Thank you Microsoft. Thank you Steve Mayles. Thank you Grant Kirkhope. Thank you Rare. Thank you Nintendo. I thank you all for coming together to help bring back Banjo & Kazooie to the home they belong to.

We did it guys. K. Rool, Ridley, and now Banjo & Kazooie. This game really is ULTIMATE. I can't wait to main them already. I love you all. We made it through the ups and downs of this decades long journey together. A new era begins. Banjo & Kazooie are here to stay.

Welcome home Banjo & Kazooie. We have missed you so much.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
That's right, I forgot how long it took them to upload Joker's page (or even show his render). Hopefully it won't be too long. Do we know Banjo's background character color? Seeing Hero Sandwich with purple was interesting.

And they better not pull a Kingdom Hearts with this season release target. One KH game was announced for a Summer release. The actual day? September 9th. Yes, it IS still summer at that point technically, but that was a troll move.

Don't release Banjo on the Fall day of December 16th.
That would leave 4&5 for January and February, that's ridiculous considering we've seen gameplay, so don't worry.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
If someone could add me to the Banjo thank you note I would appreciate it.
Our boy is gonna be in Smash

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't do that. I have too many important things stored with my browser.
Your cache just stores images to speed up loading websites. You can clear it without removing anything else.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm probably just seeing things, and it's not good to read too deeply into pictures that are blurry, but I can't dismiss this since Simon Belmont trailer revealed a new vacuum for Luigi before Luigi's Mansion 3. What is that some kind of cave off in the distance, You definitely couldn't even see that far out in the original N64 games.
Screenshot_20190611-204903_YouTube.jpg

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
20 years late to the party... But like they say, better late than never! lol
I had given up all hope of them ever getting in way back in the days of Melee, but when I saw some pigs flying the other day I began to think maybe anything is possible. :p

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Found an alt!

Though no idea on the source, found this in a /v/ thread who said they found it on Twitter. Maybe Stop n Swop alts?

1560311686682.png

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Man... I still can't believe it... I cant believe I'm seeing Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros... even after K. Rool it's still so unbelievable...

Just getting Grant to make a remix alone is huge fan service for the character... I can't wait till I can play them!!!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel like i

Other than the thread owner, I can't think of a more perfect choice.
Not my place. A few folks who have wanted Banjo for about as long as I wanted K. Rool are handling the writing I believe.

I actually have never played a Banjo game and really want to without having to resort to non-traditional means. Hence me hoping for a Rare Replay port to the Switch. My hype for him is similar to my hype for Ridley a year ago, in that I feel for how much this means to his fans without having a personal connection myself.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
"You guys wanted Banjo from Donkey Kong Country Returns, right?"
That's a Ukelele. It would've worked if we were asking for Banjo & Kazooie's successors, though.

If MKLeo plays him it's possible Banjo can win Evo...
That'll have to wait till next year, unfortunately, if they're being released in fall. I'm predicting October sometime.

So, everything is looking pretty good for now. I wouldn't put much stock into that German Amazon listing, though. It was likely a mistake of some kind. In any case, I won't be waiting for any Rare Replay to replay Kazooie and Tooie, and I might even have to track down Grunty's Revenge this time around.

So, what I'm most interested in speculating about is what songs we're going to get. The interview with Grant confirmed that we'd only be getting Spiral Mountain from him, but implied that there would be other remixes. Personally, I'm expecting Gruntilda's Lair and then maybe the final battle or an iconic level theme such as Freezeezy Peak for remixes. Aside from that I'd hope for and expect Mad Monster Mansion, Click Clock Wood, Mayahem Temple, a Hailfire Peaks medley, and maybe Hag 1 for straight song ports. I'd expect the same amount of songs as what Persona got.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just discovered the backpack has the Rare insignia on it.
REALLY hoping that if they show up in any future games or change company hands, that they keep the insignia as a reminder of their legacy.
1560312518845.png

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I just discovered the backpack has the Rare insignia on it.
REALLY hoping that if they show up in any future games or change company hands, that they keep the insignia as a reminder of their legacy.
View attachment 227595
I didn't see the rare logo in the trailer at all. Am I missing something?
banjo1.PNG

banjo2.PNG
I also didn't catch Mumbo in the trailer but I've seen a screenshot with him in it. Did Nintendo put these on twitter or something?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm probably just seeing things, and it's not good to read too deeply into pictures that are blurry, but I can't dismiss this since Simon Belmont trailer revealed a new vacuum for Luigi before Luigi's Mansion 3. What is that some kind of cave off in the distance, You definitely couldn't even see that far out in the original N64 games.
View attachment 227593
For a moment I thought it could be the way to Jinjo Village, but then I realized the location doesn't match up with Banjo-Tooie and there's no hint of a village anywhere around there.

My second guess: It's where Banjo's parents stay the whole time, and probably where his sister Tooty has been too.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You could always make memes of Banjo reacting to every character in the game and/or unconfirmed characters.
I might actually have one more idea just to celebrate him being added. I'll have to see what it looks like when I start working on it.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I really think we’ve just seen the beginning of Banjo’s full on revival, guys.

This whole situation reminds me of Battletoads. The Battletoads has a ton of random hints from Microsoft a couple years ago. This lead to them appearing in Shovel Knight & Killer Instinct. Now we have their new game.

Banjo’s had a weird prominent presence in the marketing for Xbone backwards compatibility & GamePass. There’s also all of this recent merch that doesn’t use his new design. & now he’s finally in Smash, to thunderous applause!

I think we’ll be seeing a new Banjo game in the coming years!!!

Top Bottom