• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If Smash 6 happens, Conker should also make a comeback to Smash Bros even people want Conker to comeback like Banjo & Kazooie did, if the bear & bird can get in, Conker can to. Our Squirrel shall make his return in smash!!! #ConkerForSmash #SuperSmashBrosUltimate

View attachment 227536
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 227554

Banjo & Kazooie opens the door for Conker to make his return in smash brothers, that's make EVERYONE IS HERE. Also Chris Seavor is up for the idea to voice Conker for Smash for those of you who don't know.

View attachment 227550

Even did some Conker's Height testing to see how he would look like in smash if was in, maybe he will be the same height as Toon Link that he's taller then Diddy Kong his former best friend if I must say.

View attachment 227552

Now that Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash, I don't believe Conker will get in Ultimate this time because Banjo & Kazooie are in smash. So I believe if Smash 6 was a thing then Conker has a chance their rather then Ultimate sense I do think Conker will get in to Ultimate as a Spirit like the others or a mii coutume to imagine if he was in smash.

View attachment 227565

If we want Conker to have his return, will all have to support our favor like we did with Banjo, WHO WILL JOIN ME!!!
Link to their Therad Here -----> "A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!
#ConkerForSmash #SuperSmashBrosUltimate
I think there are a lot of leaps there man... the biggest being that a Smash 6 would be bigger.

But I mean, enjoy the dream! I do think youre missing Dixie in that Rare photo, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Banjo wasnt exactly a surprise

And still, I cannot believe it.

It will be normal in time.

But for now, its just. Smiles. Smiles of anticipation.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If there is a thank you letter, I would love to be a part of it.

So many people to thank for this. What a grand time to be alive!

D

Deleted member

Sorry for being long gone after the direct but we did it!!

Should we write a letter to sakurai just like krool?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I am a bit worried that Nintendo and Microsoft might disagree with something and lead to them driving a wedge between their partnership. Then cancel Banjo's addition to Smash. I know that won't happen, it's just, whenever something wonderful happens in my life, I get worried something will happen to make me very sad.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I was reading the posts and made it to page 652. I hate that I missed it today. I have seen both trailers now. Of course loved the Banjo-Kazooie trailer but I am also interested in Hero. I like the format of doing multiple heroes from the other games. I never played DragonQuest but the player looks cool and I look forward to playing him.

I hated to see the bashing of Hero on this thread between the time he was announced and Banjo's announcement. I don't think we should jump to conclusions until we see the full directs from now on.

I am interested to see the last two characters in the DLC patch as well as the other DLC content. Great Presentation! Glad to get two characters! Both characters generated more hype for me than any of the characters that we have had since KRool (The Smash Direct in August was perhaps the best one ever!). Only negative is the wait between now and their release.

Now if I could just get a better Single Player mode (redo Spirits). Honestly, Spirits is about the only gripe that I have in Smash Ultimate now. I would preferred an adventure mode like Melee or Brawl instead of a bunch of random Smash fights with custom settings.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It feels so good to get 1/2 of the two characters I've been campaigning for since I got into Smash. It still feels like I'll wake up tomorrow and have made up the whole thing in my mind.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was reading the posts and made it to page 652. I hate that I missed it today. I have seen both trailers now. Of course loved the Banjo-Kazooie trailer but I am also interested in Hero. I like the format of doing multiple heroes from the other games. I never played DragonQuest but the player looks cool and I look forward to playing him.

I hated to see the bashing of Hero on this thread between the time he was announced and Banjo's announcement. I don't think we should jump to conclusions until we see the full directs from now on.

I am interested to see the last two characters in the DLC patch as well as the other DLC content. Great Presentation! Glad to get two characters! Both characters generated more hype for me than any of the characters that we have had since KRool (The Smash Direct in August was perhaps the best one ever!). Only negative is the wait between now and their release.

Now if I could just get a better Single Player mode (redo Spirits). Honestly, Spirits is about the only gripe that I have in Smash Ultimate now. I would preferred an adventure mode like Melee or Brawl instead of a bunch of random Smash fights with custom settings.
That's a bummer to read.
I love spirits so much that it took me a few months to play other modes of the game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think there are a lot of leaps there man... the biggest being that a Smash 6 would be bigger.

But I mean, enjoy the dream! I do think youre missing Dixie in that Rare photo, though.
Conker won't happen. Nintendo was annoyed at Rare for even making the game. It goes against their family-friendly nature.

IMO, the character that deserves it the most now from a third-party perspective is Rayman. He got a freaking trophy in Smash 4 and had no appearance in this one :(.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Conker won't happen. Nintendo was annoyed at Rare for even making the game. It goes against their family-friendly nature.

IMO, the character that deserves it the most now from a third-party perspective is Rayman. He got a freaking trophy in Smash 4 and had no appearance in this one :(.
I agree doubly.
Rayman and Ubisoft are ones that truly deserve it!!
Yes. I said deserve.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Ryu and Ken
Cloud Strife
Bayonetta
Simon and Richter Belmont
Joker
Four Dragon Quest Heroes
and now Banjo and Kazooie

All in one game.

All beating the bejeebus out of each other.

What a time to be alive.
Only two more missing then it’s the dream team all in one game

And that’s crash bandicoot and rayman

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Stopping by to say this is actually insane, wanted this character in since freaking Melee. Legit a dream come true.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For all we know their gonna pick a fight with Halo fans now to see who can potentially be the next Microsoft Rep.
Actually I think cuphead will be the next target for Microsoft fans

Master chief can’t happen till he hits a Nintendo game (correct me if the new one announced is coming to the switch)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Late but I still want to share my excitement that it actually happened, one of the best Smash reveals period. Even made a tweet on the Isaac Adepts account to celebrate

volbound1700

Smash Master
That's a bummer to read.
I love spirits so much that it took me a few months to play other modes of the game.
It had moments. The Street Fighter stage was fun. I wish they had themes to it like that instead of just random fights everywhere. I really wanted something different in the single player mode than the typical Smash format similar to SSE for Brawl.

Troykv

Smash Master
Dashing animation is confirmed Talon Trot due the dash clouds. Which leaves the jogging walk Banjo does while holding the Beehive as the Walking Animation, unlike what the video says.
Yeah, I think it's just the Walk Animation at Max Speed too; I can understand why it would be confused with a running animation though.

Last edited:

PhaseDistorter

Smash Rookie
I think it's pure justice that Rare's mascot is "back home" with the Donkey Kong Country characters and Nintendo in general, after what's nearing 20 years. They really fit well with the other Smash characters.

link2702

Smash Champion
It’s official, im a banjodorf main(can’t abandon ganon completely, too much time sunk)

Banjo was one of the two characters I desperately wanted, if he got in I would sub to switch online despite hating it and considering it a scam. (If my most wanted geno had got in, I would have also got the fighters pass regardless of who else made it, but sadly that didn’t happen, so for now it looks like I won’t get the pass and just buy banjo individually. )

Anyway. Everything about them i love from that trailer. Idc if they’re the worst character in the game and like brawl ganon, i WILL use them heavily.

Also they’ll be the only character I ever buy an amiibo of(of course that would change if geno got in, but his chances are...uncertain atm).

It took a very special character for me to actually be willing to buy an amiibo of, bk is that character(s)

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I really love just how happy and jovial Banjo looks in his gameplay. It's almost as if the character is a living entity, trying so hard to have joined the ranks of the best characters that video games have seen, only to fail over and over.

Now that he finally succeeded, he can't wipe that smile off his face!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The Smash site is still having issues for me. It won't load Banjo's page.

Now people can officially discuss what their Classic mode will be.

PhaseDistorter

Smash Rookie
Banjo's page isn't up yet sadly, though we have seen a pink recolor in the press kit. Can't wait to see the rest

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Smash site is still having issues for me. It won't load Banjo's page.

Now people can officially discuss what their Classic mode will be.
Banjo's page isn't live yet. Probably until we get closer to release and/or receive the Hero.

LMatt

Smash Rookie
I still can't believe they are in the game. Every 10 minutes or so I watch the trailer again, just to be sure. Banjo & Kazooie just seem so happy, smiling all the time! I can't help but get emotional all over again.

Have you noticed Banjo seems hunkier? I guess he's been working out to be in shape for his glorious return to Nintendo :joyful:

I love their new designs. Hope the devs keep them in future remakes/games.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Ehhh, I am not too worried about Nintendo and Microsoft ending their friendship. Bill Trenin told Gamexplain it's a great relationship between to companies.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
17 years ago... 17 years ago I found myself crying on the footsteps of my front porch, after finding out Rare had left Nintendo for Microsoft... A little melodramatic? Maybe... But, Rare and Nintendo were my favorite duo in gaming, and were the reason why I loved video games as much as I did, with Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie filling my world with complete joy, wonder and imagination. They were everything to me... and then... just gone. I thought Donkey Kong was gone forever, and Banjo would never be the same, or at least, never with Nintendo again. It was, quite literally the most heartbreaking moment of my childhood seeing that Xbox logo show up on the Rare website for the first time, it hurt... Those tears were from sadness.

But today... Today, the tears were of complete and total jubilation.

Rare and Nintendo, back again, the most beautiful reunion imaginable no longer needs to be imagined, it's here, and it's everything and so much more than I could've dreamed. Banjo-Kazooie, in Smash, representing a fantastic game from a fantastic company during a fantastic partnership in a buried and underrepresented and underappreciated era in the history of gaming (at least underappreciated by the industry).

I mean, HOOOOLY CRAP!!! I know all of us here were screaming, shouting, CRYING, at this morning's reveal of Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros., nothing more really needs to be said, it was perfect. It knew just who we are, what we've been through, and what we needed to see. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced in my 30 years as a Nintendo fan. Just perfect.

I can pack up my bags now, I'm good with Smash forever. Hell, this is more than just Smash, this is the video game hall of fame, and that broken piece of history has been repaired, acknowledged, and celebrated as it always deserved to be. Thank you Sakurai, thank you Phil Spencer, thank you Microsoft, thank you Nintendo, thank you Rare.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Banjo's page isn't live yet. Probably until we get closer to release and/or receive the Hero.
That's right, I forgot how long it took them to upload Joker's page (or even show his render). Hopefully it won't be too long. Do we know Banjo's background character color? Seeing Hero Sandwich with purple was interesting.

And they better not pull a Kingdom Hearts with this season release target. One KH game was announced for a Summer release. The actual day? September 9th. Yes, it IS still summer at that point technically, but that was a troll move.

Don't release Banjo on the Fall day of December 16th.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
That's right, I forgot how long it took them to upload Joker's page (or even show his render). Hopefully it won't be too long. Do we know Banjo's background character color? Seeing Hero Sandwich with purple was interesting.

And they better not pull a Kingdom Hearts with this season release target. One KH game was announced for a Summer release. The actual day? September 9th. Yes, it IS still summer at that point technically, but that was a troll move.

Don't release Banjo on the Fall day of December 16th.
Doubt it would be that late. I predict a late August, maybe early September for Banjo & Kazooie.

Top Bottom