• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Congratulations all of you! Well deserved victory! The best part of all of this was seeing K.Rool, DK, and Diddy welcome him back as well!! Nice job. You earned it!!! =) Make sure you go tweet at Phil Spencer and thank him.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I remember back when Melee was being hyped and I dreamt of BK being unlockables.

Well, ~20 years later and it finally happened. :D

It's weird as hell seeing "Microsoft" on the list of companies on the copyright notices but there they are. Who knew just how much online crossplay would bring to the table for two former bitter rivals, eh?

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Is there going to be another thank you note like the one for K. Rool? I'd love to be a part of it!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
They should put banjo in mario kart 8 or tour to promote him more

ALSO ! N64 CLASSIC MINI BETTER BE COMMING THIS OR NEXT YEAR !

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Okay, okay... first things first... is there someone actually writing the thank you letter? If so, is there a thread for it where everyone can congregate to throw in their signatures?

I mean, a lot of people have said they want their name in, but I haven't actually seen anyone say they began the letter and collecting signatures.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Nice job everyone. Certainly the supporting fanbase won over the choice that would have netted the most money in this case, which is fantastic tbh. Sakurai definitely (mostly) know's what we want.

Also I want in on any thank you note.

Last edited:

Grawgh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grawgh
Well met, friends.

I've been wanting Banjo since Smash4, and so on. I've followed this board since January, through all the ups and downs. Watching leak after leak come and go. Today, I joined you all in sharing excitement of the bear and bird making it into Smash. (I might've cried happily for 10 minutes.) My heart is still racing, and I'm still in disbelief. Glad we all got to share this together, and its my first post and I'm glad to make it this one.

If there is a thank you note, definitely count me in.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I remember back when Melee was being hyped and I dreamt of BK being unlockables.

Well, ~20 years later and it finally happened. :D

It's weird as hell seeing "Microsoft" on the list of companies on the copyright notices but there they are. Who knew just how much online crossplay would bring to the table for two former bitter rivals, eh?
Honestly... I don't think they really see each other as rivals anymore. There is market overlap but it's not huge. There's a bigger market overlap between Nintendo and Sony or Microsoft and Sony. Not so much with Nintendo and Microsoft. Nintendo has been doing their own thing for a while now. And now Microsoft really just wants Xbox to be more of a brand name that is available on everything so they're kinda starting their own thing now too.

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
Congratulations is in order! I've posted months ago wanting the duo in Smash straight after K. Rool was announced. I always felt Rare's legacy characters deserved a spot in the roster. I'm still in shaking!

I hope we'll now see a port or remaster of B-K and B-T come to Switch! Here's hoping!

I wouldn't mind being on the thank you letter under the name "Chadmond" If that's okay.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well met, friends.

I've been wanting Banjo since Smash4, and so on. I've followed this board since January, through all the ups and downs. Watching leak after leak come and go. Today, I joined you all in sharing excitement of the bear and bird making it into Smash. (I might've cried happily for 10 minutes.) My heart is still racing, and I'm still in disbelief. Glad we all got to share this together, and its my first post and I'm glad to make it this one.

If there is a thank you note, definitely count me in.
Welcome to the forums! Isn't it great we got Banjo-Kazooie in this game?

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Congrats, guys! I've always loved this series and I'm thrilled to see them make it into Smash. My hope is that the DQ and BK fans can stop throwing shade at each other, though. It's time to celebrate, and dare I say, get Jiggy with it~

D

Deleted member

......Yep, im a man of my word. StormC StormC sorry it took so long, i was at works so i couldn't change my picture (mobile is a *****) I will have to use the this avatar for the rest of the week. Plus, i will buy Senran Kagura Peach Ball and will post a picture as proof of my ownership of the game.

Im wasting Bucks and destroying my dignity in front of everyone online because of a bet of Banjo in Smash.........

cybersai

Smash Ace
Amazing how I thought Banjo was those "never gonna happen" characters back in 2018....boy what a turnaround.

Not only thank Nintendo/Sakurai, but thank Microsoft and Phil Spenser for making this happen. Without the latter Banjo would have never happened.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
YOOO here's their official Stock logo off the site
Where'd you find this? And are there ones available for The Hero as well? Perhaps Smashboards can add them to the site in the profile section

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
So in the reveal trailer they're referred to as Banjo-Kazooie but on the site they're referred to as Banjo & Kazooie. Which is it?

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up for the thank you letter please: Epic Elliot

Now I have to have a framed picture of Phil spencer in my house along with his iconic banjo tweet (and a framed picture of sakurai ! )

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I still feel like this is a dream and can't watch the trailer without having the most dumb grin on my face and/or welling up with tears. It's surreal that this is actually happening.
But it is, happening. **** I'm crying again aslkdjasdmnl

Also Sign me in, Dax Masterix for instance. (?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So what are y'all's thoughts on BK's design? I think it looks great, although Banjo looks a lot more big and muscular than I expected him to be. Not an issue at all, just an observation.
Better than his absolutely horrendous time of letting go prior to Nuts and Bolts, I'd say.

Also I happened to find an insanely hilarious frame to accidentally stop the trailer video on:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I too wanna be on the thanks list (put me down as "T.J. Hughes" please.)! Good ol' Sakurai keeping the Rare love strong.

Also, can we just take the time to appreciate how they worked in Talon Trot as the dash animation?

Last edited:

RatVicodine

Smash Rookie
I don’t ever post anything but I’ve been lurking for months. I still can’t believe this happened. So if there’s a letter being written, I’d love to sign.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So what are y'all's thoughts on BK's design? I think it looks great, although Banjo looks a lot more big and muscular than I expected him to be. Not an issue at all, just an observation.
Had to be in shape for his big comeback in the fighting ring, methinks.

Grant Kirkhope was also interviewed about his remix. It took him 12 tries to do it right.
Also, the Mario + Rabbids creator helped with negotiations.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
GUYS, from the King K Rool social group on Smashboards, I would like to congratulate you guys for having your character. Just like our croc, the duo was a super highly requested character, and I'm glad that Nintendo is finally listening to the fans. BANJO is a definite and great addition to the series. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom