• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
No more having to hear "muh relevancy" and "muh sales" form the naysayers. From this moment on, banjo's is a smash character. And in future installment, he's a vet.

And you know what vets are immune to?

Relevancy.

Id never thought I'd say this after Microsoft bought out rare...

"It's good to be a banjo kazooie fan."
Not having to hear western rep naysayers anymore is good too.

The floodgates have opened. Here's hoping more western figures come.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
This whole speculation feels like anime.

In the beginning, we were weak. Every leaker and their mother was backing steve. Detractors doubting us with relevant, sales, and obscurity. But over the course of several month we trained (getting merch). During the last battle we got a massive power boost (shinobi and verge). But at the last moment, we were dealt a crushing blow (no banjo in Microsoft e3/ Erdrick being revealed) but through the power of friendship and plot armor...we won.

The mangas finish and we're currently working on an anime adaptation. Let's hope it's not the same guys who made berserk 2016/2017.

GoldenboyMatt27

Smash Rookie
Banjo, Shadow and Mach Rider have been in my top 5 most wanted newcomers since the Melee days, and when the Grinch leak ended up being fake I was devastated. With Nintendo choosing the DLC I was worried about who the fighter pass characters were going to be, but not anymore. As soon as I saw that Jiggy bounce past K. Rool I knew EXACTLY what was about to happen.

Congrats to everyone that has supported the Bear and Bird over the years! Today is a great day!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
View attachment 227365
I love how the trailer really emphasized their friendship. They REALLY put a lot of love into the trailer.
I mean, what else reason did Diddy, along DK and K.Rool, cheer back in the trailer for?

I loved that so much.

It's quite acknowledging the roots of the great company that all of them came from, and the long-banded fanbases that wanted them to come together on this fest for decades now.

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Wanted to drop in and give you guys a hearty congratulations! I remember enjoying the heck out of the 64 titles when I was a child and even playing a good bit of the GBA game. I don't remember which game it was, but I spent hours doing some sort of minigame in a temple with a FPS-view and icing foes with eggs. It's amazing to finally see Banjo back with the Big N!

I'm not getting any of my most wanteds this time around, but there is a certain kind of catharsis only felt vicariously living through fanbases like your own finally getting what they have so determinedly pushed for in a special series like this. The wait for Fall may be your most excruciating yet, but I have no doubt it will be worth for you in the end

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
King K. Rool looked happy to see Banjo-Kazooie, but then they had the Jinjonator take him out the same way it did Grunty.

I guess K. Rool wanted to eat them :c

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Fall 2019, i'm going into the lab for 12 hours when he drops, servers are gonna crash again like with joker lmao

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Last edited:

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I'm a K.rool supporter. I wanted to say Congratulations on getting Banjo-Kazooie! I have played the first two games and it brings a smile to my face seeing iconic characters being included in this marvelous game! You've been waiting so long and it has payed off! :D

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yay... can't chat at work. Sounds like I have missed an amazing direct. First time I have been hyped by the newcomers since the KRool/Castlevania announcement

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Found this on the site!

Right here!

Their page isn't up yet, probably because they're not releasing until the Fall.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey guys!! It's been ages, and I've mostly lapsed from Smashboards...but I had to come back here to congratulate all the Banjo fans who have waited so long for this. :chuckle: Finally, FINALLY it has happened. And I am beyond excited!

Also, that is TOTALLY Grant Kirkhope's music in the trailer. He knew this whole time. I even pointed this out on his Twitter, and he liked my comment--which I'm taking as confirmation, lol.

Edit:
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

Let it be known that Grant Kirkhope is a filthy liar. (I'm being sarcastic - Grant Kirkhope is wonderful, and this remix is amazing!)
Ah, beaten to the punch, I see. Well it's good to see my suspicions were correct!:grin:

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I left this thread at page 640. Its at page 654 now. What, only 14 pages? You guys are slacking. I demand 14......THOUSAND because they are BACK.

And while I only joined this thread a week ago, I can't help but feel that its all due to me that they are in Smash thanks to what my therapist calls 'Extreme Egotism Delusions,' whatever that is.

Congrats all around.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Website confirms it's from Grant!

Congrats you guys, SO HAPPY for all of you!

D

Deleted member

Congratulations Banjo and Kazooie fans!
I am so excited to play this character.
I really want to see their moveset.
They made Banjo and Kazooie awesome.
Coming from a Minecraft fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
How long until Smashboards puts in the fighter icon for Banjo? No rush just curious.

grizby2

Smash Lord
after watching that trailer, I feel like :ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi:

we got a nice deal!

we got spiral mountain, the most envisioned stage
we got a new music track!
we got a 3d model that reflects the classic look of B-K
we got classic sound effects! (breee~)
not to mention we got a CINEMATIC REVEAL which I didn't think they would continue to do!

plus we got that sweet SWEET run animation! im in love!

oh and sign me up on that thank-you letter!
yessir this is one direct to remember. im gonna have a blast watching reaction videos!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Congrats! I LOVE the Bear and Bird and they were my second most wanted right behind Shantae! First before I played her stuff back in 2014.

GhostM

Phantom
Congrats to everyone here who has supported Banjo on his journey up until today as he is now a playable character. Although I didn’t root for this character, I’m happy that many people are excited to see his presence in smash.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So can I just say that that Spiral Mountain sounds amazing? Not just because of the instruments, but also because it features brief snippets from other BK songs (like Treasure Trove Cove, Freezezy Peak, and Gruntilda's Lair)...that is freaking amazing! I can't wait to listen to the full version this fall!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So during celebration with my little brother, I happened to remember this "Smash Bros Christmas"-video from while back, which happened to feature Banjo briefly:

:mybodyisreggie:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Our journey is finally over, Banjoroos. My childhood came back in grand fashion. If I didn't forget how to cry, I would.

All that detective work paid off. And whoever leaked Luminary in the first place probably got sniped before they could reply to Tansut.

Last edited:
Top Bottom