• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Played a bit of Banjo-Kazooie to help pass the time. I got everything in my first attempt at Rusty Bucket Bay aside from the propeller Jiggy (I died a few times, but thankfully, the Xbox 360 version saves note totals), so rather than frustrate myself trying to get that, I figured I should take a break.

The Direct's only one hour away, but there's plenty to keep me occupied until then. Let's hope that it goes well!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Almost 300 in here. My heart is racing like crazy.

I played the N64 version on its 15th anniversary. I was justifiably angry when I died at that part in Rusty Bucket and almost died getting Gnawty's jiggy at Click Clock Wood.

Last edited:

Levy22

Smash Cadet
I'M NOT READY GUYS.
Been wanting this ever since I was a kid back in the Melee days. Really hope it happens.
See you on the other side.

BZocky

Smash Ace
The Hype Chuffy is approaching it’s next stop at E3 Station shortly, please remain seated.
... what if you don’t? Well, no service.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This is looking really good people! We are about to see Sakurai create history! :^)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good morning BanjoRoos and KazooieGals!

About to head into work and won't be able to see the direct til late afternoon.

This is their time to shine! Go in with all the hype and passion and believe they will be there! Best of luck y'all!

We got this!

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
In the end, I've managed to speep for 2 hours this morning. But it's already late aftetnoon here, lol.
I'm shaking. Like, WTF. Why am I shaking?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've not felt the need to post here during this speculation period, as while I am a tremendous fan (don't care to argue how big the series is, Banjo-Kazooie was just a big part of my childhood) and did not see it as impossible, I didn't want to get vocal/greedy after getting so many of my personal wants this time around (Ridley, Dark Samus, K. Rool, etc.). But I suppose it is better late than never to say I'm hoping for the best outcome, yet prepared for the worst (exact same place I was last E3 with waiting on Ridley).

Regardless of what happens, the pessimism/mopiness here has run its course, and I think that our attitude shouldn't change even worse comes to worst. People aren't going to be 100% satisfied no matter what, and things aren't ever going to be absolutely certain. I would hope a revival for the series would start, but even if it isn't I would damn well be content just getting stuff like a Banjo-Kazooie amiibo, and to say that I held my head high throughout it all (without kicking other fans down, that part I don't condone).

We'll know for sure soon enough if Shinobi/Vergeben's claims hold true. I'm certainly not counting chickens before they hatch, but I'm already beginning to look forward to the potential version of these videos B&K would get:

I won't be able to compose myself while watching the Direct at work if it happens (I nearly screamed in a library last year for Ultimate's reveal).

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
BROTHERS!
SISTERS!
THE HOUR IS UPON US!!
Do not doubt those who support us.
Do not doubt Shinobi,Ryce,IDC, and yes...even Vergeben.
Do not doubt the legacy of our bear and bird.
Never give up hope! We shall prevail through this day!
Do not doubt Banjo. Do not doubt Kazooie.
But most importantly.

DO NOT DOUBT YOURSELF!

LET ME SEE YOUR HYPE FACE!!
giphy (3).gif

WWWAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
BROTHERS!
SISTERS!
THE HOUR IS UPON US!!
Do not doubt those who support us.
Do not doubt Shinobi,Ryce,IDC, and yes...even Vergeben.
Do not doubt the legacy of our bear and bird.
Never give up hope! We shall prevail through this day!
Do not doubt Banjo. Do not doubt Kazooie.
But most importantly.

DO NOT DOUBT YOURSELF!

LET ME SEE YOUR HYPE FACE!!
View attachment 227240
WWWAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!
'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!!

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Played a bit of Banjo-Kazooie to help pass the time. I got everything in my first attempt at Rusty Bucket Bay aside from the propeller Jiggy (I died a few times, but thankfully, the Xbox 360 version saves note totals), so rather than frustrate myself trying to get that, I figured I should take a break.

The Direct's only one hour away, but there's plenty to keep me occupied until then. Let's hope that it goes well!
Yeah the engine room is a pain in the arse

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
GOSH this smash cycle is by far the weirdest! I can’t believe Sakurai made a point to tweet that to be honest! I’m sure he personally caught wind of Sabi getting a CD and felt the need to tweet that.

Otherwise I’m hoping he means it’s going to be a crazy character reveal, regardless of who it is. That excites me! It’s been a fun ride guys, no matter what happens! Best of luck!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wish the development of my game was at the point I could announce it. If Banjo & Kazooie are playable, it would be the perfect opportunity since it is also a collect-a-thon of sorts with cute playable critters. Oh well. Just having them playable will be good enough for me.

Maybe they could also add a Rash/Battletoads Assist Trophy. Rash can't get enough of cameos in random games.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Welp, I'm boutta head out, gotta catch the SiIvaGunner direct.

Banjo-Bro's, we might finally get our bear and bird back. Let's do this.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
This is it guys, this is the moment we’ve been waiting for! I really hope to see the Bear and Bird in the coming minutes, please! I really want to see the screen say Challenger Pack 2: Banjo-Kazooie! My hype is through the roof! (P.S. can someone tell me when Sabi sent that Bear and Bird pic?)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
By the way, anyone notice the lack of Rare in Microsoft's E3?

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Good luck, Banjo-Kazooie fans!!! He would make such a great addition <3

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I like how Sakurai said its best to not be spoiled and to watch it live.

Little does he know, literally everybody is sweating and not completely sure whose getting revealed regardless of what any leaks say. Everybody is STILL on edge

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
One thing I'm not looking forward to is the mean-spirited gloating from others either way. The biggest reason is I find it absolutely annoying beyond belief, you have no idea. That's the part I hate the most, every single time a character is revealed.

I pray we're not the victims of that. I wish no one would be but the world ain't perfect so...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
We truly are in the end game. We're approaching 30 minutes til the start of the Nintendo Direct for E3 2019.

What a roller-coaster ride we've been on. Good night, and good luck, supporters of the bird and bear.
Here's hoping we catch the Last Train Home with happiness and victory in our hearts tonight.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
By the way, anyone notice the lack of Rare in Microsoft's E3?
Battletoads was there, so there wasn't a lack of it.

But we already knew there's no way a character reveal would happen there anyway. Sakurai made it clear the next reveal was at the Nintendo direct, so...

Top Bottom