• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
As much as I'd like for this one to be true, I highly doubt that we're getting echo fighters as DLC.

Though I'm a little surprised we haven't heard from the VR Plant leaker that papagenos papagenos is in contact with.

Now this is interesting. Why would they suddenly be getting updated today of all days?

Yeah VR Plants got nothing so we are going in blind, lets hope it works out for Banjo!

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
notice exquisite gaming has yet to officially announce the banjo kazooie controller holder and they teased that on 6/1 saying

"We can’t wait to bring back Banjo, not long till we officially announce!"

it's been 10 days since that tweet

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
notice exquisite gaming has yet to officially announce the banjo kazooie controller holder and they teased that on 6/1 saying

"We can’t wait to bring back Banjo, not long till we officially announce!"

it's been 11 days since that tweet
I'm mostly putting my money on Shinobi and indiegamerchick. A Banjo Kazooie playable character in Smash announcement is all I'm expecting.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, something tells me that by the time my lazy ass gets out of bed, I'll be waking up to either an orgy or Armageddon

T∅XIC HYDRA

Smash Cadet
Welp, something tells me that by the time my lazy *** gets out of bed, I'll be waking up to either an orgy or Armageddon
You know, it's interesting that this is the nature of things for what seems like the first time. The choices for this challenger pack are much more political within the community than ever. Because so many people expect wild third party picks, and so many people love this game. Everyone wants to see their wishlist characters in game. And the sad fact is not everyone will get their wishlist characters. So while it's been civil (mostly) everyone is fighting tooth and nail for their favorite.

I never played Banjo but I played DK64, and I know Rare made some great games back then so I put stock in everyone saying Banjo. Plus, I'm not sure much of anyone wants to see Minecraft Steve. And Master Chief is laughable. So I'm with everyone here! I can find lots of reasons to support Banjo. That being said, please just don't make him Duck Hunt 2.0

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
B-K in smash would be nice, I wouldn't lose sleep if he isn't in now. But I'd still hold onto a bit of hope he'd be 3rd-5th.
If still not either that'd be sad but oh well. Maybe next game or another lifetime if the franchise ever fully revived.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I've never been so scared or excited.

Let's do this.
This will be my last post before the Direct, I'm in my rarest state of mind right now, Remember to relax and feel out your soul. Don't fear the future nor expect the best. Whatever comes, whatever happens again.

ze9

Smash Ace
Feeling pretty good about Banjo right now.
Let's hope today really is the day that bear & bird come home!

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you guys really want banjo puts a huge smile on my face.

I remember back in May of last year I was saying I wanted every veteran fighter to return. A lot of people called me an idiot and said: "that will never happen". And look at what happened. So anything can happen! Don't give up hope my friends.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well if Erdrick is in at the beginning, don't give up 'till the end. There was that one leak that said Erdrick was the opener, and Banjo the finisher.

And even if he isn't announced by then: never ever give up hope. At least we Banjo fans don't have a spirit. My dreams for Chorus Kids / Rhythm Heaven were crushed twice. So my only hope is for Banjo & Kazooie.

Let's Goooooo

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Good luck, bros. I will be cheering for Banjo, Doomguy and/or Chosen Undead.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
7 hrs away and still no leaks (to my knowledge).

I normally don't mind spoilers, but we're so close to the direct itself that I'll just go in blind.

See you all after the direct! :)

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Everyone's talking like we're about to embark on a last-ditch suicide mission to save humanity.

Gotta say, it's pretty infectious!
Here I am genuinely breathing a little heavier and letting just a small flicker of hope light up this scarred heart of mine.

Banjo in Smash. It's a pipe dream - a washed up, western platforming mascot owned by a direct competitor's brand - riding on one supposed leak, one or two tweets, and the collective will of a generation.

But in this crazy timeline where Shenmue III actually exists... I'm willing to share this dream with the child in me. I'm scared to do it, but here I am.
Good luck boys. Here's hoping Sakurai delivers the final piece of this Ultimate puzzle.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well my friends... it's been a journey on these boards let's hope we all get what we came for in a few hours...

If it does happen I imagine Smashboards will be Crashboards... so whether he gets in or not this will be my last post till later tonight..

God speed...

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow I have a big exam. Today however, is not the right time to learn! Hype keeps me off from the learning. Hoping Banjo makes it all good. So excited!

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Well, I'm going to bed now- I'll be hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst tomorrow.

I think we have a better chance than ever, but I'm still nervous- we are talking about Banjo-Kazooie, after all. It might just be the pre-Direct jitters.

If Banjo-Kazooie get into Smash tomorrow, then we can all celebrate with sighs of relief, happy tears, and glorious memes.
...But if we don't see them, I ask all of you to do whatever you can, whatever it takes, to stay level-headed. It's not over until we know every DLC fighter.

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
Hope to see you guys not in the character speculation thread later

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Don’t worry guys. Tomorrow will be the big day. There’s a reason we didn’t see Banjo at Xbox’s conference. Nintendo have a history of wanting the big surprises all to themselves. Announcing Banjo out of nowhere despite not being present anywhere else is exactly what they want. Mark my words
Just remember, Smash DLC has almost no correlation to a game relaasing or it truly being cross promotion.

- Ryu was released way before SFV was even advertised.

- Cloud is always relevant to the FF fanbase. FFVIIR was literal years away, and isnt coming out on Nintendo's console

- Bayonetta released 2 years after her game did

- Joker released and there is no plans to port Persona 5 or any iteration of it.

The only exception was Corrin, and it was in house. I never, EVER expected Banjo to come with a series revival if they got in. In fact, i can see Smash personally reviving the character, leading Microsoft to actually take another shot at the franchise.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm firmly of the belief that Banjo is E3 or bust, so I won't be getting my hopes up again during this DLC period.

If it doesn't happen I'll probably dip out of Smash forums and social media for a bit, I think the Steve trollers will be unbearable and I can't be bothered to put up with it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't know if I've ever posted in this thread, but basically Banjo was one of my childhood dream picks for Smash 64 and while that's faded over the years I can't help but hope you guys get your bear and bird today. Fingers crossed for all of you.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Just remember, Smash DLC has almost no correlation to a game relaasing or it truly being cross promotion.

- Cloud is always relevant to the FF fanbase. FFVIIR was literal years away, and isnt coming out on Nintendo's console

- Joker released and there is no plans to port Persona 5 or any iteration of it.

The only exception was Corrin, and it was in house. I never, EVER expected Banjo to come with a series revival if they got in. In fact, i can see Smash personally reviving the character, leading Microsoft to actually take another shot at the franchise.
There was also no new game for Mewtwo, Lucas or Roy In addition to all that. We had the error with Duck Hunt using Down Special or Side Special on a Mii Swordfighter using it's reflect custom move causing the game to crash. Piranha Plant had files correlating to Bowser Jr. that could back that up and Brave's stats as everyone else has stated fit perfectly in line with Banjo Kazooie. We got this!

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Let's face it: no 3d party character is here for cross-promotional reasons.

Banjo is actually in a similar position to Mega Man and Simon: a series that was once very succesful and heavily associated with Nintendo, that just hasn't been big in the last 10 years or so.
It's true that, unlike Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man and Castlevania still got some games, but both series are now far from the industry leaders they once were.
Another thing that's common between all 3 series is how they all received spiritual sequels purely thanks to fan demand: Mighty no. 9, Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee. The actual main characters, meanwhile, all get in Smash.

And a good chunk of the others is here for legacy reasons, too. Pac-man didn't get added because of Ghostly Adventures, he got added because of the original Pac-man and the World games, the actual classic beloved ones. Cloud got in instead of Noctis, because Final Fantasy VII is the actual classic beloved game. Snake is not promoting anything since his series is deader than Banjo's, Sonic is still around because of the iconic status he earned during the 90's, certainly not because of his last games. Even Persona 5 you could say is kind of a modern classic.
Banjo fits perfectly fine next to all these characters, the criterias are the same.

If Sakurai went for purely promotional picks and for sheer recognizability and nothing else, we wouldn't have had any of the guests we currently have, bar probably Bayonetta. We'd have something like the Angry Birds or the Call of Duty guy, instead.
Smash has always been about promoting quality gaming. Or at least, the kind of gaming that's most close to how Nintendo conceives it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Cool, if the big event happens, then I'll PM you the details of my idea later after I get back from work. Depending on the outcome of the Direct today, it's best that I don't jump the gun on this.

Don't forget about Mega Man, who didn't even get a new Classic entry until last year. When he got in Smash 4, it was 4/5 years after Mega Man 10's release.

And I doubt that the Archie comic counted as cross-promotion.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Imagine if Nintendo actually announced Banjo-Kazooie for Smash and then actually announced the N64 Classic Edition with Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie included? :awesome:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Been a long while since I've been on Smashboards. I just wanted to pop on here to wish you fellow Banjobros the best of luck; I've been genuinely anxious and on edge with the recent rumours/credible leakers saying about the bear and bird finally making it. Let's ****ing do it!

ze9

Smash Ace
Daley who used to work at Rare (and now Playtonic) says she's "a bit convinced" of Banjo coming to Smash, although she also says she's had her Rare friends tell her it's not happening.

https://twitter.com/Daley_Kong/status/1138361597104140289
Rare telling their friends that it's not happening is just the explicitation of what Kirkhope implied last week with his tweet.
You all ganged up on me for saying that, tho >:-(

On a more positive note:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Former editor of Official Nintendo Magazine and now independent journalist
Not sure if he actually knows the character but he did like someone responding with a gif of Banjo.

Ah well, just a few more hours.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if he actually knows the character but he did like someone responding with a gif of Banjo.

The more I see this the confident I am it’s banjo

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Im convinced many people know at this point. This is how articles are published almost immediately after a livestream, with edited art, picutres etc. They are just abided by NDA to not spoil it.

Honestly think many people are messing around with the fanbase at this point. Hopefully for good reasons

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Heading to work but will check in around lunch time. Good luck everyone. It is looming good. I am also interested to see if we get additional modes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom