• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Was Shinobi talking about E3 when he made his Banjo comment, or was he speaking in general?
Shinobi made his leak just days away from E3. If he had said it a couple months ago, yeah, we'd have reason to be skeptical, but not when E3 is so close.

He used the exact same phrase that he used to leak Ultimate.

He knows what he's doing. He knows his words carry weight and that his reputation is on the line. He would have clarified by now if he wasn't sure.

Noipoi

Howdy!
He didn't actually write out E3 but the thread that his comment is posted in has to do with E3 to some extent.

Shinobi's post
OP
Thanks

And even if he’s wrong (and I don’t think he is) I don’t think he was just messing around. He woulda said something like “I was just joking/making a prediction. I don’t know anything about Smash, you guys take everything s seriously lol” I think he believes Banjo is in, and I hope he’s right.

T2by4

Smash Lord
It sounds like she's trying to cover her back regardless of who gets in to me. She doesn't want to get yelled at by fans of whatever characters doesn't get announced.

I'm putting my trust in Shinobi.
But if she did that why is she backpeddling so hard? Im starting to think that Steve photo from earlier is actually real.

Last edited:

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
As much as a cease and desist sucks for Sabi, it makes sense for Nintendo to stop her from leaking their presentation given how Nintendo usually generates the most hype at E3 from a lot of people.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I can't tell if this post is parody or you're legitimately whining about having to wait the amount of time you should be waiting regardless for someone to not come in and ruin something Nintendo, Sakurai and Namco have worked hard on.
Except that, to me, it isn't "ruining" anything. If you don't like knowing things ahead of time, that's fine, but I do, and I owe nothing to Nintendo, Sakurai, or Namco. They're merely making a product I may or may not be interested in.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Yo listen: im just as anxious as you guys are, but reading too much into things like Sabis tweet will only kill you aha. Just relax, remember all the signs we've gotten (not even counting merch, which honestly means nothing), and get your Switches ready. I'll be Guh-huhing with yall tm

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Why would Sabi hint at whats in the Nintendo direct when she just got a C&D from Nintendo to not do exactly that. Stop treating everything as a Steve confirmation.

At most. That is a common figure of speech that means "you'll need to keep looking" which means she might be hinting the information is already out there or look elsewhere for information. Again that is at most. More then likely it means absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Also cherish this moment: Today is the last day Banjo isn't in Smash. Remember today as the last day you've had to stick up for "your dead characters". Remember today as the last day you've had to sit and wonder, "What if he they came back..." Remember this day as the last day that modern society isn't really familiar with who Banjo-Kazooie are. This is the end of an era.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
That's bs. We know for a fact, its confirmed we are seeing the next DLC character at E3, yet he is unsure of it. If every stone was unturned, he would know, but he doesnt.
*she
*she
*she

And she got a cease and desist order from Nintendo, have you not been paying attention? I would assume so if you're using "he" to describe PolarPanda PolarPanda .

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
- A picture frame with floating pieces appears within sparks of magic(the ones you encounter throughout the games, note door open,etc) pieces quickly fall into place in the frame for a portrait of Banjo & Kazooie, which then forms into the bear and bird who strike a pose.

- Banjo & Kazooie swoop (maybe a in flight beak bomb, can't remember the name of the move) onto the stage, shuddering the floor below them with a bunch of red feathers spilling from the impact, with a breee and a gu-huh included. The duo strike a pose before assuming their fighting stance.

"Whirling Galleon"
I think the stage entrance would be him and kazooie appearing on a world pad just like they do in Banjo-Kazooie.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Whew, Still coming along Gang.

Also, please Inbox me with an avatar of your choosing if you haven't yet-- or just inbox me in general so I know you want to be included I'm still working on others at the moment, just a quick update.

Added TheHeartbreakKid TheHeartbreakKid , Bomber57 Bomber57 , Justin Little Justin Little , Geoffrey Druyts Geoffrey Druyts , FatNerd FatNerd , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , And Extrain Extrain

Still deciding where I'm placing everyone as well, I dont think I'll get this done by tomorrow but still, god I hope Banjo gets in.

View attachment 227137
Add me if you want, up to you.

On another note (and this isn't towards you, Swop), can we please stop twisting everything that comes up and taking it as confirmation against Banjo when it's not? At this point it's old and annoying, please stop.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm preparing for the disappointment tomorrow. It almost happens everytime. I get hyped its going to be what it seems then next thing you know it. Its another character (Erdrick/Steve yay...). I ain't setting myself up for disappointment again.

Hoping its still Banjo but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
But if she did that why is she backpeddling so hard? Im starting to think that Steve photo from earlier is actually real.
That Steve photo was faked, and I think she's simply trying to cover her bases so that Banjo and Steve fans or fans of other characters won't yell at her.

Plus, why would she even hint at something just after getting a cease and desist from Nintendo? That's just asking for trouble.

Do I even need to mention how credible Shinobi is again?

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
That Steve photo was faked, and I think she's simply trying to cover her bases so that Banjo and Steve fans or fans of other characters won't yell at her.

Plus, why would she even hint at something just after getting a cease and desist from Nintendo? That's just asking for trouble.

Do I even need to mention how credible Shinobi is again?
Do you have any evidence that the photo was faked? Or is that just an assumption? I'm looking for a restful sleep, sabi backing out so quickly is HIGHLY suspicious given how she teased banjo ALL week.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
*she
*she
*she

And she got a cease and desist order from Nintendo, have you not been paying attention? I would assume so if you're using "he" to describe PolarPanda PolarPanda .
There's been some research that suggests the C&D is fake. Even then, she ain't leaking so it doesn't really matter too much. Not sure why she would lie, though. She has a great track record. Just say you changed your mind. People respect who she is, and she's reasonable about it as well.

...Though yeah, if she said she'd stop leaking that because she didn't want to, she's get targeted hard by fans, so I can see why she (probably) faked that.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
thought id drop by into my #2's thread after lurking for a few hours (and not feelin too good about geno) and chill here before e3! im on vacation or else id pop in my banjo kazooie cart and play that until the direct starts

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any evidence that the photo was faked? Or is that just an assumption? I'm looking for a restful sleep, sabi backing out so quickly is HIGHLY suspicious given how she teased banjo ALL week.
Look at the UI in-game in Ultimate. Notice that, to my knowledge, no character's portrait leaves the diamond-shaped frame near the damage display. Not one.

In that photo, Steve juts out, covering half of the UI.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, based on what is going on, I guess Sabi may not be that reliable as a leaker when it comes to Banjo, are they?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
There's more evidence that it's fake than it's real, starting with how off center his name is. Did we learn nothing from the Grinch leak about believing in a random online picture?

Sabi is simply covering her bases. I wouldn't read too much into it and I'm not losing sleep over it.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I have faith In Shinobi, he teased both Ultimate’s reveal and :ultridley:

He’s very confident about this and should be full aware that his credibility will get wrecked by furious Smash fans if he’s wrong.

Let’s get Jiggy with this Direct!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. I'd keep expectations low if I were you...

It happens most of the time anyways.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
So, based on what is going on, I guess Sabi may not be that reliable as a leaker when it comes to Banjo, are they?
I think they're riding off of people. The second shinobi said something they immediately hoped on the banjo train. There was no hints or "haha got this text from my friend from nintendo with a bear" kind of stuff happening before shinobi. Dead silent. That's why I'm extremely suspicious given the new steve image that just recently popped up.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm dipping for the time being, I'll be back in the morning before the direct starts.

Another reminder to believe in Shinobi.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I think they're riding off of people. The second shinobi said something they immediately hoped on the banjo train. There was no hints or "haha got this text from my friend from nintendo with a bear" kind of stuff happening before shinobi. Dead silent. That's why I'm extremely suspicious given the new steve image that just recently popped up.
>recently popped up
No, I've seen that Steve on Peach's Castle image being posted on 4chan for probably a few weeks now. Probably even a month at this point.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. I'd keep expectations low if I were you...

It happens most of the time anyways.
Shhhhhhhhh

We spent all yesterday being gloomy doomies

This is the final day before it all goes down, no matter what happens, why spend it being depressed?

I say we move on towards the future smiles on our faces!

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Remember guys, people thought insiders leaking :ultridley: was a joke. People doubted :ultkrool:'s chances days before he got confirmed. Don't lose hope! E3 is the perfect time for the bird and bear to get revealed!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I highly doubt Steve, if in, would look like the way he does in that image. I can see graphical difference, as he looks too much like how he did in Minecraft, and I can see some slight shape changes as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shhhhhhhhh

We spent all yesterday being gloomy doomies

This is the final day before it all goes down, no matter what happens, why spend it being depressed?

I say we move on towards the future smiles on our faces!
I suppose your right. After all I can't force other people. Time and time again it just tends to happen more often then not that I was just trying to save others the trouble and myself too.

I admit I was coming across being a bit selfish. I'll keep it to myself next time. That said though still keeping expectations low.

Granted if it at any chance proves to be say like Crash, Doom Slayer, Elma, Geno, Phoenix Wright or Sylux. That'd more then make it up to me since they'd be totally unexpected surprises.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The only thing she got on Banjo were hint images from her source, and Steve, in that image, juts out of his portrait frame strangely while his name is off-center, not how Ultimate’s UI works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom