• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love to believe it, is that guy credible at all?

Whatevs. I'll stick with Shinobi and Verge.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Ever since they made a point to take Geno OUT of that one Mario & Luigi remaster game I thought everyone learned to stop messing with Geno fans QQ

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Anyone else waiting for PapaGenos and VRPlant to speak out? Does anyone expect that today?

Also that statue of Banjo must have been an absolute lie

With the climate as tense as it is right now I won't be reporting on any leaks until after the Nintendo Direct, just safer that way.

However IF for some random reason the mood strikes me and I suddenly want to make a new PREDICTIONS video full of guesses as to what might happen at the Nintendo Direct (and maybe a guess comes true who knows?) Feel free to read into a video like that if one happens. Most of my guesses tend to not come true though, but maybe I'd get lucky with one this time.

That is of course IF the mood strikes me, and so far it hasnt yet... still waiting to see if it does.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
With the climate as tense as it is right now I won't be reporting on any leaks until after the Nintendo Direct, just safer that way.

However IF for some random reason the mood strikes me and I suddenly want to make a new PREDICTIONS video full of guesses as to what might happen at the Nintendo Direct (and maybe a guess comes true who knows?) Feel free to read into a video like that if one happens. Most of my guesses tend to not come true though, but maybe I'd get lucky with one this time.

That is of course IF the mood strikes me, and so far it hasnt yet... still waiting to see if it does.
Hypothetically, and purely hypothetically, has a certain plant wearing VR goggles contacted you yet? Not asking for details, just wondering if said plant hypothetically gave his predictions to you

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Hypothetically, and purely hypothetically, has a certain plant wearing VR goggles contacted you yet? Not asking for details, just wondering if said plant hypothetically gave his predictions to you

Hypothetically speaking if the mood strikes me to make a predictions video, you can probably predict the answer to your question.

But as of right now, no the mood to make such a predictions video hasn't hit me yet.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Honestly man, for your sake, just dont. This is probably the most intense DLC speculation has gotten for obvious reasons and theres no reason to throw yourself under the bus if Banjo doesnt come through, as much as we all believe he is. A lot of internet trolls out there will still take your PREDICTION video as gospel and OMFG FAKE LEAKS GENOS BELIEVES IN EVERYTHING. Best to just wait the 24 hours and do a reaction video!

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Hypothetically speaking if the mood strikes me to make a predictions video, you can probably predict the answer to your question.

But as of right now, no the mood to make such a predictions video hasn't hit me yet.
Thank you Papa. Big fan of yours! Do what you feel is right and I'll watch anything you put out regardless, whether it be before or after.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Hypothetically if Banjo was hypothetically in. Hypothetically you would tell us correct?

Yes I am joking lol

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice

PapaGenos bless, gotta keep the Nintendo Ninjas away! Guh-huh!

Edit: I found this to be hilarious:

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Eight random numbers after an account's name is usually a sign of a Twitter bot or troll.

Random Twitter leaks are as credible as random 4Chan leaks, which is, not very. I'll stick with Shinobi, thank you.
Also whoever it was deleted their Twitter account within the last hour.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Leak culture is honestly a game of parameters anyways because it's usually about quantifing likelihood instead of knowing things 100%. When people make statements, it's typically their own conclusions after cross checking with others and filling in blanks. Of course, things easily get mucked up if someone has false info, knowingly or otherwise, the info is outdated, translation errors, etc. It's very rarely straight forward based on what I've seen.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Also whoever it was deleted their Twitter account within the last hour.
That account is still up on my end, "leaks" and all.

As I said, this is still probably a troll trying to pass guesses off as leaks. We should pay attention to Shinobi and Verge as I at least expect something from Verge within the next 12 hours.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
At the end of the day with everything we know, I doubt that pretty much all the leakers would risk their reputation (Sabi thru support for verge. and others, verge., Papagenos' source, as well the man we all know at reset era) for a few laughs. Think about it pretty much the entire smash leaking scene is toast, dead, gone, zip and nill in the reputation department if banjo isn't in at this point. (Except for Sabi but Nintendo ninjas)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Leak culture is honestly a game of parameters anyways because it's usually about quantifing likelihood instead of knowing things 100%. When people make statements, it's typically their own conclusions after cross checking with others and filling in blanks. Of course, things easily get mucked up if someone has false info, knowingly or otherwise, the info is outdated, translation errors, etc. It's very rarely straight forward based on what I've seen.
Though, Shinobi seems so confident that he wont even clarify his statement with people. Its been over 5 days and the guy laughed when he was told someone tried to fake a response of him retracting his Banjo claim lol. Im really curious, if he's right tomorrow, how the hell he managed to do it?

My guess is someone via TreeHouse has gotten to playtest the character already. Thats the only logical explanation I can think of, as its the only thing from Nintendo he's even mentioning

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
At the end of the day with everything we know, I doubt that pretty much all the leakers would risk their reputation (Sabi thru support for verge. and others, verge., Papagenos' source, as well the man we all know at reset era) for a few laughs. Think about it pretty much the entire smash leaking scene is toast, dead, gone, zip and nill in the reputation department if banjo isn't in at this point. (Except for Sabi but Nintendo ninjas)
Hey! i'm maybe a toast but i didn't leak anything!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Though, Shinobi seems so confident that he wont even clarify his statement with people. Its been over 5 days and the guy laughed when he was told someone tried to fake a response of him retracting his Banjo claim lol. Im really curious, if he's right tomorrow, how the hell he managed to do it?

My guess is someone via TreeHouse has gotten to playtest the character already. Thats the only logical explanation I can think of, as its the only thing from Nintendo he's even mentioning
He probably saw the E3 Direct early; that’s how some insiders knew about characters last year.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

This is frankly hilarious on that note. Not one insider is arguing against Banjo or has other claims. I dont want them to be wrong, and they shouldnt at this point frankly, but if they were....we'd be at square one with Smash leaks. There'd be literally no one to trust anymore.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Leakers have networks of people of whose names you all (hopefully) will never know and where the info actually comes from. Leakers are basically spokespeople for them. I've come to find that it's fairly easy to rub elbows with people if you're amicable and sometimes these people search out the leakers for whatever reason. "Wow, that's cool! Can I share this?" "Yeah, just don't use my name or where I work." That sort of thing.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

The fact that Shinobi has yet to actually bakpedal tells me that he's confident enough in his source that he doesn't feel the need to make additional statements. He laughed at the fake post, so I doubt that this is an elaborate troll move on his part. He knows that his, and by extension ResetEra's reputations are on the line if he's wrong. He knows his words carry weight and he knows what he's doing.

Sabi's downfall was bragging about leaking and announcing it to the world, rather than just randomly dropping information or being cryptic about it like Shinobi does with his leaks.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
This tweet very much sums things up.

...I miss KazHiraiCEO. We need him more than ever.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
That account is still up on my end, "leaks" and all.

As I said, this is still probably a troll trying to pass guesses off as leaks. We should pay attention to Shinobi and Verge as I at least expect something from Verge within the next 12 hours.
Oh weird I tried looking it up and it didn’t work for me. But yeah Shinobi most likely knows what’s up.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Leakers have networks of people of whose names you all (hopefully) will never know and where the info actually comes from. Leakers are basically spokespeople for them. I've come to find that it's fairly easy to rub elbows with people if you're amicable and sometimes these people search out the leakers for whatever reason. "Wow, that's cool! Can I share this?" "Yeah, just don't use my name or where I work." That sort of thing.
This reminds me of that time last year when someone random on twitter asked for a smash leak and was given a clip of Ken, i believe, a couple days before the direct by a leaker

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
He probably saw the E3 Direct early; that’s how some insiders knew about characters last year.
Its possible, but its weird that only Shinobi is vouching for it. The rest are playing the "prediction" game right now. Like last year we had multiple Insiders quite literally say "Ridley is in the game". We have Shinobi's comment, but thats truly it from an insider point of view. Yes, other major insiders are supporting the theory, but do they actually know? Thats the question im asking.

For the record, i believe Shinobi, I just wish other Insiders could confirm whether they've heard rumblings or not from alternative sources. Cause all we truly have is his comment. Thats the only thing we can bank on.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Its possible, but its weird that only Shinobi is vouching for it. The rest are playing the "prediction" game right now. Like last year we had multiple Insiders quite literally say "Ridley is in the game". We have Shinobi's comment, but thats truly it from an insider point of view. Yes, other major insiders are supporting the theory, but do they actually know? Thats the question im asking.
I feel Banjo has been "leaked" for smash since melee. People might be hesitant to go all in because every other time turned out being fake.

Top Bottom