• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Maybe the point of putting Banjo in Smash is to garner interest in a revival of the IP...

Thing is, if Banjo gets in Smash and Rare Replay comes to Switch and sells well that's all MS needs to see to greenlight a Banjo game be it a remake or sequel and throw it on the Switch...

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Happy 600th page everyone. Looks like 700 definitely isn't happening before Tuesday lol, though this thread is going to explode with pages on Tuesday no matter what happens.

Direct message, also known as a private message. It's sent to your inbox and only you can see it.

Can do.
Oh OK.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
With the exception of general gaming events like the VGAs, I don't think Nintendo would ever make a Smash announcement at another company's event. That's why I never put my eggs in the Banjo revealed at Microsoft's event basket. That was extremely unlikely in the first place.

Remember that all the leaks and rumors are hinting at Banjo being in Smash. None of them are new games, although I could still see Rare Replay Switch happening.

Shinobi has an incredible track record. He does not strike me someone who would troll people, and like I said before, until he backtracks or another credible leaker has actual information of the DLC character, Banjo's chances have not changed.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Maybe the point of putting Banjo in Smash is to garner interest in a revival of the IP...

Thing is, if Banjo gets in Smash and Rare Replay comes to Switch and sells well that's all MS needs to see to greenlight a Banjo game be it a remake or sequel and throw it on the Switch...

Man, I hope this is what's in the cards. If it is, I'm pretty confident in saying we'll see a new Banjo & Kazooie game in the coming years.

Maybe that's the optimist in me but I would have a good feeling about that.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If Banjo is playable what do we think the stage could be? I know Spiral Mountain is probably the safe bet, but I’d really love to see Click Clock Wood. They could have the seasons change in the background too.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Does Banjo even have toxic fans? If so, I've never met one. If anything, Banjo fans are pushing back against Steve fans and their now-infamous vitriol.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Man, I hope this is what's in the cards. If it is, I'm pretty confident in saying we'll see a new Banjo & Kazooie game in the coming years.

Maybe that's the optimist in me but I would have a good feeling about that.
As others had mentioned, Mega Man was in quite a slump prior to his reveal for Smash 4. The wildly enthusiastic response to his inclusion undoubtedly had an effect on the future of the IP. I'm still hoping for the best for the bear and bird, cautiously optimistic overall.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It looks like Sabi's been getting a lot of correct info with her Microsoft and now her Bethesda leaks.

I kinda want her to leak the DLC fighter sooner rather than later so that band-aid is ripped off faster.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Does Banjo even have toxic fans? If so, I've never met one. If anything, Banjo fans are pushing back against Steve fans and their now-infamous vitriol.
Every fanbase has it’s fair share of toxic fans. Even the Banjo fanbase. Although I can’t imagine there’s many.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Exactly

You're probably not looking in the right places.

It looks like Sabi's been getting a lot of correct info with her Microsoft and now her Bethesda leaks.

I kinda want her to leak the DLC fighter sooner rather than later so that band-aid is ripped off faster.
Better to be patient instead of rushing these things

D

Deleted member

There absolutely are, maybe not in this thread specifically but for a fanbase this large you're bound to encounter a greater concentration of ****heads
Also why is ****heads not automatically censored please don't hurt me police

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
There absolutely are, maybe not in this thread specifically but for a fanbase this large you're bound to encounter a greater concentration of ****heads
Also why is ****heads not automatically censored please don't hurt me police
I may have been a bit toxic before I joined the Smash Boards. I apologized though!

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Shinobi has an incredible track record. He does not strike me someone who would troll people, and like I said before, until he backtracks or another credible leaker has actual information of the DLC character, Banjo's chances have not changed.
Shinobi is sitting back and relaxed already knowing the solid truth while we all go bonkers. Dude literally leaked God of War 4 being Norse like this and dipped. After that, someone else immediately leaked GoW 4 art, adding on to his leak...sound familiar?
249879A8-7176-419C-9F67-DF52093134C9.jpeg
(Call me a tinfoil theorist but mayhaps people feel more comfortable leaking after someone else already has? They can’t catch the blame that way right? Lol no but you get the point)

Grinch seemed so believable despite insiders saying otherwise. Contrary, Banjo STILL seems inconceivable despite two very solid insiders saying he’s in. Vergeben with quite confidence. In both instances we just couldn’t believe the (seemingly) concrete evidence we’re seeing as outsiders.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shinobi is sitting back and relaxed already knowing the solid truth while we all go bonkers. Dude literally leaked God of War 4 being Norse like this and dipped. After that, someone else immediately leaked GoW 4 art, adding on to his leak...sound familiar?
View attachment 226916

Grinch seemed so believable despite insiders saying otherwise. Contrary, Banjo STILL seems inconceivable despite two very solid insiders saying he’s in. Vergeben with quite confidence. In both instances we just couldn’t believe the (seemingly) concrete evidence we’re seeing as outsiders.
Maybe you guys are just understandably reacting thusly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEvhi2OlEY

Though it certainly does echo how I feel about the assurance from some people that Steve is surely going to be announced despite every missed opportunity. I swear, if I have to watch another mostly uninteresting Microsoft event after this...

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I did some digging into the Brave codename. Yes, I know the stats are floaty with a sliding skid, but, it has no rapid jab. I assumed Banjo, if the stats are for him, would include a rapid jab due to Kazooie possibly pecking rapidly, but, no rapid jab... This may be a problem...

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I was more dissapointed that there was no gameplay of Infinite. Battletoads looks alright but clearly om a budget. Star Wars has promise but knowing ea, i will wait for review. Other than that the show was kind of boring.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I did some digging into the Brave codename. Yes, I know the stats are floaty with a sliding skid, but, it has no rapid jab. I assumed Banjo, if the stats are for him, would include a rapid jab due to Kazooie possibly pecking rapidly, but, no rapid jab... This may be a problem...
Pretty sure Joker's early datamined stats did have a rapid jab, which didn't materialize on the actual character.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
leakers only mentioned or hinted smash. I'm goin
the claw swipe is enough for a jab, no rapid jab needed

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Wasn't Brave's Stage code named Twilight in the games data ?

What in B-K could be seen as "Twilight" ?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
...why? B and K don't have a rapid jab in any game, iirc.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you guys are just understandably reacting thusly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEvhi2OlEY

Though it certainly does echo how I feel about the assurance from some people that Steve is surely going to be announced despite every missed opportunity. I swear, if I have to watch another mostly uninteresting Microsoft event after this...
LOL. Fortunately for us Shinobi has never fooled anyone...yet.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Everyone remain calm. Today's lack of events have effected nothing. Tuesday is the day.

ze9

Smash Ace
Everyone remain calm. Today's lack of events have effected nothing. Tuesday is the day.
After the initial disappointment I'm starting to feel like this, too.
Even thinking back on Shinobi's original post:
"Been a while since we've seen Banjo & Kazooie in anything. Hope we're in for a smashing good time".

He uses "in anything" in a pretty specific way. Like, he's not talking about being in games of their own, just "in anything".
Like, their appearance in Sonic Kart (or how the heck it was called) would amount in that "anything".

If they were to also get some kind of new game, I think he would have worded that differently.
Instead, it points pretty specifically at bear & bird being just in Smash, I think.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
H
Guy from Gamexplain that seemingly predicts/foreshadows Directs and other things (which usually come true) with pictures of otters. Word on the street says he might be an insider.
He's from Gamexplain?! Then he must give Andre and the rest the info of the rumors! That's why they learn of them! (If he is an insider.)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good grief gang! Hold your heads up high!

There was never a guarantee of a New Banjo or Remaster game for XBOX. The only thing was Banjo having a "Smashing" time.

MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny , you always bring us great news and hype for Banjo and Kazooie. You were the last one I would think would lose faith. Look to Nintendo and believe that they are coming!

Now everyone give us your biggest Gu-huh or Breegull!!! Its not over until the E3 Direct says otherwise!

Also, holy crap its Iridium Iridium !

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Holy crap this thread is now a wildfire in anticipation. Gonna just say for the record I hope for banjo greatly cause after geno and Isaac, my top 2 got denied last year, I sure hope banjo can avenge the fallen. Please bless us with the bear and the bird sakurai it’s been so long!!!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
View attachment 226916
(Call me a tinfoil theorist but mayhaps people feel more comfortable leaking after someone else already has? They can’t catch the blame that way right? Lol no but you get the point)

I can't help bit feel like Shinobi knew more than he let on with that post

"My boy"

Boy.....

Where have I heard that before....

Boy....

!!!!!!!

Db1Ip-PX0AAsHG-.jpg

Top Bottom