• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I remember when Persona 5 Switch was basically confirmed because of Joker in Smash.

It’s not all about promoting games, guys.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Not Banjo related but I'm not digging the new Battletoads game. I think they nailed the music, but everything else doesn't scream Battletoads to me.

Also they did Dark Queen dirty. She looks like that one Kim Possible villain but purple and poorly drawn.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Man, are some people quick to jump for the white flag or the pitchfork and torches.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Did people think that there would be any Banjo Smash related announcement at Microsoft's presentation? It'll most likely be at the Nintendo direct. CALM DOWN

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not Banjo related but I'm not digging the new Battletoads game. I think they nailed the music, but everything else doesn't scream Battletoads to me.

Also they did Dark Queen dirty. She looks like that one Kim Possible villain but purple and poorly drawn.
That was Dark Queen? That Shego lookalike?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Honestly Banjo-Threeie and remasters of both N64 games were the least likeliest of the outcomes.

Rare Replay port for Nintendo Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in Super Smash Bros announcement at Nintendo's show are much more likely to happen than anything I mentioned before at Microsoft's Xbox Conference.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Did people think that there would be any Banjo Smash related announcement at Microsoft's presentation? It'll most likely be at the Nintendo direct. CALM DOWN
Most were hoping for a new game, not a Smash reveal. Now all we have left is Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo in Smash

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
**** this pessimism. Seriously.

Did you honestly really expect Smash DLC to be announced at Microsoft's event? Furthermore, the leaks never mentioned a new game or ports. They were all about Smash. I'm really not sure what this doom and gloom is about.

Don't throw in the towel just yet. It's not over until it's over.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
There is ZERO correlation between Smash DLC and promotional material
Except this was the same exact logic people used to say Banjo's chances are higher. The new merchandise and such had people assuming it had to do with a new game/remaster or Smash Bros.

I dont doubt that he could be revealed on Tuesday but come on. You guys are all over the place now. Where's that confidence?

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the doom and gloom is really unwarranted. Cloud didn't come bundled with a FFVII announcement, Ryu didn't coincide with a new Street Fighter game, and Bayonetta didn't coincide with Bayonetta 3. For me, a new game or remaster always seemed like icing on the cake. The reason we've gotten hype in the first place, the Shinobi comment, even Vergeben's comment, all specifically were targeted at Smash.

Regardless, I had Microsoft E3 in the background while doing work, so at least I didn't waste my time watching it. And some new footage and info on Cyberpunk 2077 and Psychonauts 2 was quite welcome for me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No Banjo at Xbox E3 but battle toads with a new look RIP gamestop guna get a lot of calls about battle toads
It wasn't that bad, especially compared to Nuts & Bolts.

Money. Plain and simple. They saw a chance to exploit nostalgia and they did.
Gruntilda: Nostalgia I shall exploit, while I take your cash from your pocket while your nostalgia dase is in effect I shall.

The GameXplain video telling Nintendo fans to watch the Microsoft E3 show is gone too...
That could be a bad sign...

So are you all ready for Erdrick being the only smash DLC revile on tuesday ?

I'm 100% percent sure we are seeing Banjo & Kazooie Tuesday. But if we don't and get a Steve and Erdrick double reveal instead, I'm leaving speculation forever.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
**** this pessimism. Seriously.

Did you honestly really expect Smash DLC to be announced at Microsoft's event? Furthermore, the leaks never mentioned a new game or ports. They were all about Smash. I'm really not sure what this doom and gloom is about.

Don't throw in the towel just yet. It's not over until it's over.
No leak mentioned it, but fans were hoping that bc of Smash we would all get a new Banjo game or a remaster.
Banjo would enter Smash basically with the game itself as the tool to bring Banjo back to relevancy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Haha, that Shinobi screenshot is pretty comical. Who knew you could right click -> inspect element in Chrome and get an easily doctored screenshot of an internet post?

Just remember that above all else, we should strive to be kind to each other. Banjo-Kazooie could totally get announced for Smash on Tuesday. Or, he might not. In either case, we are still all fans of video games and should treat each other with respect.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Let’s just get this straight now:

There have been absolutely NO LEAKS/RUMORS for a new Banjo game or remake.

Master Chief Collection, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Rare Replay are the closest we’ve got. Shinobi also has not backed down from the “Smashing good time” comment.

If we don’t see any new Banjo stuff outside of Smash, that means nothing. Banjo in Smash is the rumor, not a new game. Nothing about this situation has changed except people’s attitudes.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Literally nobody was expecting a Banjo revival until just recently. The argument was always the opposite, that if Banjo got in smash it might renew interest and result in a revival. Threeie or remakes were always a Longshot. Literally nothing has changed for Banjo in smash. I swear this community gives up so quickly.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Cmon you guys... no new Banjo-Kazooie game is always disappointing, but it has NOTHING to do with Smash, and NOTHING to do with the insiders. Nobody ever said anything about a new game.

If anything, this further supports that Banjo&Kazooie are in Smash. Just wait for the Nintendo Direct. If nothing happens there, then we can start worrying.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Expecting something on Smash on a freaking M$ conf is just silly, though, come on guys.
Banjo doesn't need a new game to be in Smash.
A new game or a remaster would just be icing on the cake

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Y'all need to calm the **** down. I'm about as pessimistic for Banjo being revived as anyone can be (within reason) and this literally means jack ****.

None of the leaks made ANY mention of new games or remasters. It was just a massive reach you all made. If anything, this helps, as there can be NO CONFUSION now. Shinobi and Vergeben's info wasn't to be confused with a new Banjo game or a remake somehow.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's interesting to see how fairweather and fragile some people can be about characters people previously assumed to be in during times like this lol

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
3 things:
1) Yes, the shinobi comment is fake.
2) Making leaker fakes to deconfirm a character is the most pathetic thing.
3) Yeah there is no reason to think they would announce a smash character in a different console company event. This also changes nothing on the current situation, we got 3 leakers hinting banjo heavily + all the crazy merch coming out lately. Very good leads

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet
An hour and a half and only one game that looks even mildly interesting to me sheesh. At least we’ll all be happy on Tuesday...when Nintendo related things will actually happen!!!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Y'all need to calm the **** down. I'm about as pessimistic for Banjo being revived as anyone can be (within reason) and this literally means jack ****.

None of the leaks made ANY mention of new games or remasters. It was just a massive reach you all made. If anything, this helps, as there can be NO CONFUSION now. Shinobi and Vergeben's info wasn't to be confused with a new Banjo game or a remake somehow.
This is like the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm grateful for it actually. There's not gonna be a "Well, Shinobi602 was talking about the Banjo game at Microsoft's E3 obviously, of course Banjo didn't happen for Smash." Nowhere to hide, to put it another way.
Either Banjo appears in some fashion (hopefully Smash) for Nintendo's E3 or he doesn't while everyone goes absolutely mental in 1 of 2 ways.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Geez, some of you people really need to calm the **** down.

Don’t jump to conclusions.

Anything can happen.

Not saying for sure that Banjo is in or not in.

But please remember that we’re definitely getting at least one character reveal Tuesday.

And even if there’s no Banjo at E3, there’s still gonna be at least 2 unrevealed characters after E3.

So for those of you jumping to conclusions, please... get a grip.

Top Bottom