• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what “list” you guys are talking about, but add me to it.

At this point, Banjo getting in shouldn’t be counted as a plus to Verge’s credibility. I honestly think it’s him piggybacking on the momentum, as he hadn’t mentioned Banjo at all recently until Shinobi’s comment and all the other evidence started piling up. If Erdrick gets in, then I’m back to having faith in Verge.

Remember, Verge is 100000% in on Erdrick now. He has repeatedly said, no caveats, “ERDRICK IS IN.” And maybe it’s just me being hopeful (cause I’d much rather Sora or Geno than Erdrick), but Erdrick smells extremely fishy to me. As Lenny pointed out before, Square has proven not only very difficult to work with on Smash (Cloud coming back for Ultimate was, by all accounts, MIRACULOUS, and he has the least amount of content of any 3rd party rep), but EXTREMELY protective when it comes to leaks. The notion that Square not only struck a deal for another character in Smash, but did so with one of their more legally-difficult characters (aren’t there like 5 separate parties involved with Erdrick’s rights?), AAAAANNNDDD that character was leaked like 6 MONTHS before his release? It all sounds very... odd.

I’m not saying Erdrick isn’t in, but I’m skeptical. Here’s how I see it:

If Erdrick is in, then Verge is vindicated, Minecraft content be damned. Tansut remains reputable, and we move forward with the understanding that sometimes things can make absolutely no sense and still end up being true in regard to Smash leaks/speculation (which is already kinda true anyway)

If Erdrick isn’t in, then Verge is dead. I don’t think Tansut is super effected (because he clearly has a Square insider, so this would just mean his insider was fed leakbait), but this also means Square has upped their game in regard to controlling leaks.

I think it’s also safe to assume that if Erdrick is leakbait, Square DOES have a character coming to Ultimate, otherwise why bother with this whole ruse?

There’s no way on Earth Banjo is revealed at the tournament. Nintendo can be stupid, but they aren’t so actively stupid as to reveal a Microsoft character a day before E3, where they could present the character alongside Spencer/other Microsoft people and make a massive show of the partnership.

If Erdrick IS in, and is getting dropped in the next week (we kinda need two characters dropped relatively soon to stay on pace for that Feb 2019 window), I could see Nintendo opting to announce him at the Smash tournament rather than E3, as the Smash tournament is at least guaranteed to draw SOME of the perspective demographic the character is aimed toward, where E3 is a Western show with less obvious DQ/Smash drawing power.

Gonna be an interesting few days, Banjoroos.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Not sure what “list” you guys are talking about, but add me to it.
Yeah, what is the list that HeartbreakKid mentioned about?
I think everyone is referring to this.

Alright so, With all the Banjo hype spreading around I got into a creative mood So I thought it'd be fun to draw a collab with several active and well known people in this thread with their Avatars gasping at what could Potentially be what we've always dreamed of. If you'd like to be included I could toss you in, I'm not that great at Drawing so please bare with me if your avatar comes out looking pretty funky.

Now this was a quick sketch I did real quick with the 4 people that hit my mind right off the bat. MissingGlitch MissingGlitch SneakyLink SneakyLink MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny And @Connorb0t2 , Final piece will more likely have everyone in a small crowd together looking at the Bear and Bird in all their glory.

But uh, Yeah.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alright so, With all the Banjo hype spreading around I got into a creative mood So I thought it'd be fun to draw a collab with several active and well known people in this thread with their Avatars gasping at what could Potentially be what we've always dreamed of. If you'd like to be included I could toss you in, I'm not that great at Drawing so please bare with me if your avatar comes out looking pretty funky.

Now this was a quick sketch I did real quick with the 4 people that hit my mind right off the bat. MissingGlitch MissingGlitch SneakyLink SneakyLink MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny And @Connorb0t2 , Final piece will more likely have everyone in a small crowd together looking at the Bear and Bird in all their glory.

But uh, Yeah.
Oh wow! I'm really flattered that people think so highly of me here! Thank you!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Man, these last few months have been hell. Banjo was obviously one of my picks and his inclusion goes back way into 2006. Seeing Brawl's final roster and seeing Nuts & Bolts was hard to process. The Bear and Bird were gone forever. And to this day, they're still on another platform. I was even mad they weren't in Brawl. And yeah, I fell for that Grinch leak. Though Phil Spencer said he was okay with Banjo in Smash, I don't expect it to happen, not with Nintendo and Sakurai today. Maybe back then, yeah. Every supposed insider and their mother is hinting at Banjo appearing and I see something happening, but for Smash, nothing's likely to come from it. As much as I want the duo, I don't want to get burned again and with E3 around the corner, this is getting more and more frantic. It doesn't help the influx of trolls pushing Steve and causing problems overall.

King K. Rool gave me hope to see some more Rare-related things in Smash within Nintendo's circle and if Banjo-Kazooie somehow, someway got in the game as a newcomer, I wouldn't complain about this game anymore, only because the impossible became possible. I admit that November direct killed my hype and I've only played Ultimate here and there and had to force myself to do so; I didn't buy the pass only because I want to know what's coming and I'm not in the mood to pay for a surprise I don't want. But again, if the Bear and Bird were among that pass, I'd definitely put my money down for it only because it shows how much Nintendo and Sakurai knows about the fans and that irreplaceable charm Rare had when they were with the company back in the 90's..

What I'm saying is, Banjo-Kazooie is the crown jewel of what could make an potential 6/10 roster of newcomers for this game into a near-perfect selection. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I am going to give you guys my support if you're still doing that. Put me on the list and stay strong. It says a lot when a relatively small series still has this big of a group supporting them. When I replayed BK in 2013, it still held up as a solid platformer and I've gotten very fond of Tooie, especially when you see it as an early example of an open world game on an early 3D console and the N64 at that.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
On one hand. It makes sense to announce a DQ character at an event that Japan will be awake to watch. On the other i doubt there is going to be enough people watching the tournament to make a marketable impact.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Does anyone know when the exact time starts for the Smash portion for the tournament?

StormC

Smash Hero
Does anyone know when the exact time starts for the Smash portion for the tournament?
It's estimated to be around 5 PM EST. I don't think there is an exact time due to the nature of the event.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

But uh, Yeah.
Everyone, who do you mean, just you and the four others mentioned?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Disregard this post. I think I'll get in trouble if I post a livestream in here.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's estimated to be around 5 PM EST. I don't think there is an exact time due to the nature of the event.
True. It's just that I don't really care about the Mario Maker and Splatoon portions of the tournament. Looking to skip those ones.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Actually if someone could tag me when the Smash tournament starts that would be very much appreciated. Just so I don't have to go through all those different tournaments lol.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sadly I’ll be unable to watch any of the tournaments.

If someone wishes to tag me if anything happens, I’d appreciate it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yep. In a few hours

On Banjo, if he's confirmed within the next 72 hours, i cant even fathom how they top themselves with the next 3 characters. Its crazy to think that'd we would get even more after someone like Banjo
I'll be sure to tune in to the tournament within a few hours. But other than that, hopefully a playable Banjo for Smash will be shown in some way during E3.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yep. In a few hours

On Banjo, if he's confirmed within the next 72 hours, i cant even fathom how they top themselves with the next 3 characters. Its crazy to think that'd we would get even more after someone like Banjo
I actually expect them to not top themselves. As with Smash 4 and Ultimate's base, the hype levels went down near the end (subjective, of course). And I think it's for marketing purposes--you want to get your big characters out there first and foremost to get as many people buying into the fighter's pass as possible before interest fades. That's where I was wrong previously, where I thought you save the best for last to leave the best impression, but I can see it differently now. Smash 4 DLC sort of did that, using the claimed ballot winner of realizable characters for last, but it was a different package deal that required a different strategy. I feel like the more marketable characters will be first ones revealed, and fan favorites/niche characters near the end of the pass.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yep. In a few hours

As CosmicQuark CosmicQuark said, I don't expect them to top themselves either. Besides, after a left field pick like Joker and a long time fan favourite that people thought for years was impossible, the only way I can see Nintendo topping it would be with characters that people expect even less, like, dunno, Geralt, Gordon Freeman or a non-videogame character. And even then, these would hardly call to different audiences, which seems to be their objective with FP.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My predictions:

Smash Tournament- Erdrick/Sora/Crono reveal.

Mircosoft Panel- Banjo Kazooie/Tooie remake or Threeie announcement.

Nintendo Direct- Banjo reveal.

Keeping my fingers crossed Banjo-Roos.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I actually expect them to not top themselves. As with Smash 4 and Ultimate's base, the hype levels went down near the end (subjective, of course). And I think it's for marketing purposes--you want to get your big characters out there first and foremost to get as many people buying into the fighter's pass as possible before interest fades. That's where I was wrong previously, where I thought you save the best for last to leave the best impression, but I can see it differently now. Smash 4 DLC sort of did that, using the claimed ballot winner of realizable characters for last, but it was a different package deal that required a different strategy. I feel like the more marketable characters will be first ones revealed, and fan favorites/niche characters near the end of the pass.

True, Ryu and Cloud were peaks for me. Not that Corrin and Bayo were bad of course, just not the same high.

ze9

Smash Ace
Yeah, they simply CAN'T top themselves after Banjo.
I mean, there's still a lot of great characters they can choose from (like Doom Guy for example), but Banjo is a special case. He's not a 3d party character, he's a 1st party character that we lost 20 years ago because of legal circumstances. There was all the reason to think that we would have never seen him on Nintendo hardware again, much less as a playable character in Nintendo's crossover fighting game.
And, on top of that, his current owners haven't been doing almost anything at all with the series for the last 10 years.

Banjo is THE special case, the exception of all exceptions.
For us "boomers" who experienced his games on the N64, at least, no other character can carry the same emotional weight, I feel.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Why are people focusing on a Smash tournament on E3 for a reveal?

Is there a track record of revealed characters on E3 tournaments?

Just wondering not being rude.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Technically 2nd party, due to the nature of Rare being able to be lost in the first place.
I think Nintendo was the one who owned Banjo's copyrights. Then they gave them to Rare when Rare left.
Not like we could tell the difference back then, lol

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Everyone, who do you mean, just you and the four others mentioned?
Anyone who wants to be in the Collab, I'll pencil you in as apart of the crowd if you want.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I think that the chances for a reveal at the tournament are going to go noticeably up if the Mario Maker invitational in about half an hour reveals the expected final theme. If it does, then it’s safer to get hype for a Smash reveal later tonight.

If it doesn’t, well, there’s always the 11th.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I feel I know why Sakurai chose to not attend the Smash Tournament. He's probably in his office finishing Banjo & Kazooie for their big reveal!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
https://youtu.be/kOWebArS6oE

Lax Chris is at it again, just after covering Shinobi and Vergeben's leaks.
Yeah, both of those look fake; the Erdrick one looks kind of...off, and Nintendo only does the whole "Smash Ultimate X Franchise" thing with Third Party Franchises; they wouldn't do it for Fire Emblem Three Houses. So yeah, I'm going to call fake on these two.

Edit: Okay, they did that "Cross" thing with Mii Costumes in the past, but it's ONLY been with Mii Costumes; characters that have gotten that have only been Third Parties.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Yeah, both of those look fake; the Erdrick one looks kind of...off, and Nintendo only does the whole "Smash Ultimate X Franchise" thing with Third Party Franchises; they wouldn't do it for Fire Emblem Three Houses. So yeah, I'm going to call fake on these two.
Erdrick looks like a modded Young Link doesn't he?

Last edited:

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Because, Erdrick (doubtful) or Banjo might be revealed there!
They're asking what correlation does it have, which is none. No smash dlc has ever been announced at a tournament so why would they do it now? All s4 dlc was announced either at directs or special smash related videos like the final reveal(bayo) and the 50 fact extravaganza for mewtwo.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
People just don't want to wait till Tuesday for a reveal. So they are hoping one happens today. :v

Top Bottom