• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

BZocky

Smash Ace
Nintendo of Japan: We noticed you unveiled Joker's full render early, so try not to leak this next fighter
Nintendo UK: ok we'll try m8
NoJ: *sends banjo render*
NinUK:
cold swet.gif

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I say Banjo is the E3 reveal and is released in August alongside Rare Replay. Erdrick is the September reveal and is launched in October/November (the same month DQ11 launches). And then characters 4 & 5 are revealed in December and released in February.
God, this just reminds me how much I dislike the general model of DLC fighters in fighting games.

I know they're coming, so I'm waiting for them once the game launches.

They're revealed, excellent!

Now I get to wait for them to actually come out! Oh boy!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also, if there were a Banjo-Threeie, how would an airport, a salt desert, a joke shop themed level with lots of gag and joke items and a bank themed level sound?

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I would say my ultimate (lame pun intended) top 10 list would be:

1. Geno (Square)
2. Banjo & Kazooie (Microsoft)
3. Raz (Double Fine)
4. Dixie Kong
5. Krystal
6. Morrigan Aensland (Capcom)
7. Conker (Microsoft)
8. Amaterasu (Capcom)
9. Jill Valentine (Capcom)
10. Twintelle

Once Geno and Banjo are in I'll unapologetically push for Raz from Psychonauts no matter the impossibility haha

Realistically, I'll probably also push for Krystal and also Dixie as a semi-clone. I believe both these characters have great chances.

Morrigan, Conker, and Amaterasu seem like they'll be assist trophies and/or spirits/stickers at best in future smash games. So these are pipe dreams.

Jill might actually make it in. RE is a massively successful game from a currently unrepresented genre of gaming. I'm actually low-key expecting she could be one of the five DLC passes.

Twintelle could make it, but I feel like we'll get Spring Man with a Ribbon Girl echo before Twintelle.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The Skull Kid love here is heartwarming.

Any way my list is

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Banjo (who I'm especially hyped for since he's the only one I have hope for)
Rex
King Boo
Daroach and/or Dark Mattee
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong as obligation

And secretly Baby Mario

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm still convinced that there will be a double reveal at E3.

Didn't Sakurai say that #2 and #3 were being worked on together? If they are Erdrick and Banjo, it makes sense to reveal them both at E3, especially since the deadline for the characters is Feb 2020.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Question: With Smash 4 how long did it take between DLC character reveals and release.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Banjo is added this month that means Banjo & Kazooie are the defenders of pride month. Change my mind.

StormC

Smash Hero
So after Banjo & Kazooie, who will be y'all's number 1 wanted character? For me it's Goemon.
Pipe dream: Dr. Eggman
Plausible: Dixie Kong

Won’t care too much either way though. After K. Rool I was already satisfied; Banjo is a victory lap.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I don't think we've ever had only one Smash reveal at E3. It's always at least two. I really doubt this year will break that tradition. I know Erdrick is mostly hearsay, but I'm putting my chips on him and Banjo.

Nintendo of Japan: We noticed you unveiled Joker's full render early, so try not to leak this next fighter
Nintendo UK: ok we'll try m8
NoJ: *sends banjo render*
NinUK:
View attachment 226361
Do it, Nintendo UK. Surrender to your temptation. Give up the goods early and piss off your mama.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
View attachment 226319
View attachment 226320

The memes from all this is going to be glorious.
I came back from leaving this site (lurking after the incident that I won't go into) just to like this post.

But yeah, I've been watching this development involving Banjo and Kazooie from the sidelines. Is it truly the time of Banjo-Kazooie's finest hour? If this is true, then another dream-want of mine has finally come true - Cloud, Joker, and now possibly Banjo-Kazooie. What a time to be alive.

Hard to imagine that we're so close to a victory for the bird and bear duo in Smash Bros. It's going to be a long and tough E3 Week ahead of us.
Good luck to every one for our dreams to be realised at E3. I'll leave again after this post to get back to my assignment so I won't have any further distractions.

NOW GET BACK TO YOUR ASSIGNMENT AND STOP PROCRASTINATING!!

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
If Banjo is added this month that means Banjo & Kazooie are the defenders of pride month. Change my mind.
I'd much rather see it as a nice 21st anniversary present for the duo...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
God, this just reminds me how much I dislike the general model of DLC fighters in fighting games.

I know they're coming, so I'm waiting for them once the game launches.

They're revealed, excellent!

Now I get to wait for them to actually come out! Oh boy!
Well yeah i'm not happy about how DLC works and all (i'm talking about the industry as a whole here) but man i'm a sucker for more Smash content and what not lol.

And plus if you're gonna offer me Banjo, i'm gonna pay the price. I'm fickle like that. :)

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Verg never said Banjo would be at E3....
EDIT: nvm he said Shinobi is onto something
Even then, Shinobi only hinted it, but there's always the possibility they save Banjo for later - his source could be right about the character but wrong about the timing, after all.

I have a deep, existential dread of the idea that we only get one reveal, it isn't Banjo, and we're all stuck in "OH GOD IS HE NEXT???" mode for two-plus months.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Minecraft isn't going anywhere. It's not like it's gonna drop off the face of the earth if it's not represented in smash. Fans have access to so many perks and benefits that banjo fans (and fans of other game franchises) would kill for.

If our boy is truly here, this is the first time in years we finally have something to look forward to.
Exactly, Super Smash Bros can be the adrenaline shot used to finally revive and rejuvenate the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, Just like you said Minecraft will survive regardless of Smash, But the fate of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise relies more heavily on it and could potentially be vital for it's future.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Uh-oh, the hype train appears to be losing some steam. Time for another conversation-restarter!

Let's say they announce Banjo-Threeie at E3. What kinds of worlds do you want to see in it?

Here are some ideas:

• Asian world
  • Space/futuristic world
  • Oil rig
  • Medieval castle/manor
  • New Donk City
I actually have a whole Banjo Kazooie game conceptualized where Mayor Tooty has Banjo help take back her city from Grunty and find her missing partner Brentilda.

Hub: Urban downtown with parks and sewers.

-School: Land with elements from different subjects with science (chemical pits and physics based platforms), history (ruins), math (symbols being enemies), and English (Shakespeare style boss).

-Airport: Conveyer belts in the luggage area, evil pilots as enemies, air traffic tower as boss, etc.

-Suburban: houses, evil neighbor enemies, giant Mad Monster Mansion esque houses, bosses would be an evil home owner's association.

-Garage: Oil slicks, gasoline that can be set ablaze with fire eggs, giant car engines, mechanic enemies, boss could be a welding torch related to Weldar seeking revenge.

-Supermarket: Various food platforms with a cold freezer section, cashier enemies, boss is a mad shopping cart.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Don't want to party too early again, nothing is set in stone until we see it officially, of course...

But man, man oh man, I'm gonna get the tissue box ready.

This stream better not crap out on me like it did for Mega Man's reveal....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What's crazy is that "Only B00MERZ want Banjo!" is, as far as I can tell, a purely Ultimate phenomenon. People asked for him regularly in Smash 4 and no one gave us any grief over it. But come Ultimate and suddenly he's the lame, unlikely "boomer" choice.

I think it's because of Ridley and K. Rool, honestly. Fans of those two characters were supposed to be silly laughingstocks, so when they both got confirmed, the teenage trolls started sweating.
I think the ballot brought those sorts of comments to the forefront by making the trolling about character fans, beyond just the characters themselves. The trolls started to crow that the characters who led in fan polls would never get in because “only a few boomers support them,” instead of garden variety relevance barbs. Some forumgoers fanned the flames by pushing characters who were being used in marketing materials or hailing from strong-selling series as likelier than the internet picks. Because internet fans can’t disprove the existence of a massive silent casual crowd ready to turn the Nintendo Treehouse into Scrooge McDuck’s swimming pool if the marketed characters got in Smash, adding those characters is held up as the objectively smart business decision, and the internet fans are treated as naive.

Banjo isn’t the first and won’t be the last character to elicit those sorts of comments. But by that point you all will be too busy getting sweet grenade egg gimps to care.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Uh-oh, the hype train appears to be losing some steam. Time for another conversation-restarter!

Let's say they announce Banjo-Threeie at E3. What kinds of worlds do you want to see in it?

Here are some ideas:

• Asian world
  • Space/futuristic world
  • Oil rig
  • Medieval castle/manor
  • New Donk City
An African savannah & a European Mountain side would be pretty cool locations.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think the ballot brought those sorts of comments to the forefront by making the trolling about character fans, beyond just the characters themselves. The trolls started to crow that the characters who led in fan polls would never get in because “only a few boomers support them,” instead of garden variety relevance barbs. Some forumgoers fanned the flames by pushing characters who were being used in marketing materials or hailing from strong-selling series as likelier than the internet picks. Because internet fans can’t disprove the existence of a massive silent casual crowd ready to turn the Nintendo Treehouse into Scrooge McDuck’s swimming pool if the marketed characters got in Smash, adding those characters is held up as the objectively smart business decision, and the internet fans are treated as naive.

Banjo isn’t the first and won’t be the last character to elicit those sorts of comments. But by that point you all will be too busy getting sweet grenade egg gimps to care.
50B5778E-9906-4BF7-BBB0-2C0B7D164DD1.png

Thank you for describing this phenomenon perfectly

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
The zoomer/boomer talk is only coming from trolls. I'm old enough to not have grown up with several characters in Smash Bros. that are still perfectly understood as beloved icons (and Ice Climber). Anyone who doesn't see that in Banjo-Kazooie is either ignorant, or, well, just a troll. I believe there are actual Steve fans (heck, I'd love the character too), but the ones battling out against Banjo fans are just in it for the laughs. It's tiring...

Though I do hope Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros. does allow younger Nintendo fans, actual zoomers, to seek out the history of Rare and Banjo-Kazooie, and their partnership with Nintendo in the 90s and early 00s. Nintendo after the buyout did a tremendous job of burying Rare's mark on their history, so a lot of fans who grew up with the Gamecube onward may be entirely ignorant of just how big a deal, and how high of quality, Rare was. Truly they were to Nintendo what Pixar is to Disney.

Top Bottom