• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Let's all relax a little bit. Took some thinking. He could totally be ****ing with us. Afterall, he has expressed multiple times that he does NOT like our community. What's to say that he's using that 1% to fall back on after lieing? He can just simply fall back on how he wasn't 100% sure and his credibility won't be as damaged. It would be incredibly rude, but like I said, he has expressed that he does NOT like our community.
Vergeben gets really annoyed with the Smash fanbase bothering him, and yet he still claimed stuff that ended up true.

I don't think he'd claim a 99% chance for Banjo just to have some *ahem* extreme fans sending him questionable messages.

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Been gone for a while, came back to the main speculation board being completely chaotic and dead, so I'll hang out here. Things are looking good for Banjo.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Man this is getting crazy. Looking forward to seeing what happens next week, and I hope it is indeed Banjo's time to shine.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well I'm gonna be disappointed in no Steve, but Banjo-Kazooie is a pipe-dream come true, and I can't wait until E3. Maybe if we get some Minecraft content, it can kinda fill that void until the next game.

Bear-Birdie hype.

I realize there's a slight chance it may not happen but c'mon, we got three (four if you count PapaGenos's source from before Ultimate's release) reliable people backing Banjo and Jon from GameXplain uploading a video to their channel over the Banjo rumor.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ok...

Hang on, can I get everyone's attention please? I know we've had ups and downs. I know that we've had fanbases laugh us off. I know we've been at some sort of "war" with Steve fans.

I get it. We've been an underdog for far FAR too long. However, it's not set in stone yet. We haven't got a Banjo announcement. And WHEN/IF WE DO! GUY!! LISTEN!!! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO STEVE FANS!! I can not stress this enough. Think about if the tables were turned and Steve got in over Banjo. Would you really want the Steve fanbase coming in here and laughing and taunting to us??

NO! So don't do it to them. Just be the damn good sports that I know we are. Don't be *** holes. We're on the same team. Wanting characters in Smash. No need to demean someone else for wanting Steve over Banjo. Be considerate. That's all I ask.
I second this.

Let's be graceful in victory guys. More rejoicing over Banjo and less taunting others because he's in.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I gotta wonder if Sakurai contacted the original creators of B+K to add the character now. Probably not since not even K. Rool's creator was contacted.
If this is real then I would guess just some Microsoft heads were contacted. Now they might have told Gregg afterward, but that's about it.

Can you imagine the absolute torture it would be if banjo wasn't at e3, but every insider ever was doubling down on him for a later date?
Honestly? It fits with being a fan of modern Rare. It's endless suffering.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
hey I just had a thought.

What if the reason Aubrey and the Rad guy (new Mojang employee) were acting weird and kinda vague was because, while Steve isn't playable, there was still Minecraft content like what Vergeben claimed?

Not to sound greedy but I do think it's possible for us to get three character reveals at E3.
Erdrick, B-K and Steve let's gooooo.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was away playing Final Fantasy XIV and I come back to this!?

I remember when the Grinch leak hit and at first I was ecstatic to see Banjo up there. Then we went through war of Real and Fake, with Fake certainly proving it false. But once that happened, something weird would get us to think "Wait is it fake?!" Example is the promotional art of Grinch popping up and of course the healing vine item (Sorry Issac fans). I was on team neutral with a hint of real (wanted to believe) and of course...I got burned a bit. Twas foolish to get so much hope up, but hey, that's life.

THEN we get the VGA's. Everyone not certain what is going to happen, who would be revealed as DLC or even if it was going to happen. Leading up to that, my guesses at that time was a Namco Rep, Square Rep, Microsoft Rep or an Atlus Rep. Secretly wanting Joker to be in....And then we never saw it coming!

Hope, began to come back. Maybe this DLC lineup would be catering to the fans after all? Then silence would hit us. Other than Erdrick being talked to death for months (Legit would like the character. Cannot deny its legacy. Also, Japan has fans too!) As well as the occasional Steve being thrown around.

Fast forward a bit, Sabi/PolarPanda is gaining traction and credibility for leaks and directs. Getting word that Sony would be skipping E3 this year...

And now...it is kind of hard to digest. Our first bit was papagenos papagenos back in November hearing of Banjo from a source of a source. Then IndieGamerChick, Sabi hearing murmurs here and there...And of course...Shinobi teasing a possible Banjo in Smash text.

The thread blew up. People clamored to try to either disprove or ignore this, but Shinobi IS the most credible insider out there.
Then Sabi got those "hint" pictures of a Bear and Bird, then a Witch with Puzzles. AND now we have Das Vergeben (The Forgiven) going (almost) all in on Banjo and Kazooie.

Sorry for the long post, but guys, gals...I cannot help but smile right now. Of course its not over til Sakurai tags in Banjo for a reveal...

But dang...this has been awesome. :D

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
hey I just had a thought.

What if the reason Aubrey and the Rad guy (new Mojang employee) were acting weird and kinda vague was because, while Steve isn't playable, there was still Minecraft content like what Vergeben claimed?

Erdrick, B-K and Steve let's gooooo.
Nah fam. Erdrick, Banjo-Kazooie, and Ryu Hayabusa

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I can't believe the thread is so quiet given that Vergeben just jumped ship. It's unbelievable. I have a feeling a bunch of regulars are going to come back tomorrow and guh-huh out of every orifice.

Here's a conversation starter: if the Banjo remakes and/or Threeie exist, what are the odds they'll actually be on Switch?

Everyone! LOOK AT THIS! https://youtu.be/y6An9hlEk1s

At around 7:02, look!
Nice catch!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Someone brought up the possibility that all the leaks and hints might be pointing towards "just" a revival rather than Banjo in Smash.
1559796537044.png

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Banjo hype train is real! Super pumped for this, the wait is excruciating

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just want you all to know, in all the years I’ve supported here with you all, in other Smash games and this one, I’m glad we can finally (probably) say that Project Dreams do come true.

It’s been an honor, Banjo bros

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I still think Verge is shaky and that he's probably just piggybacking, but like I said, it does provide a little assurance about Banjo's chances.

Although if Banjo isn't shown at E3, then this absolutely destroys Verge's credibility. There'd be no way he can backpedel out of it and still be seen as a credible leaker. This is something that he'll be staking his reputation whether he knows it or not.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm starting to think this screencap is fake. If any of you know how to retrieve deleted tweets can you do that? Because I don't know how.
Yeah it's looking like it's fake. Sorry guys, I thought I had something juicy. :(

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Someone brought up the possibility that all the leaks and hints might be pointing towards "just" a revival rather than Banjo in Smash.
Why not both? One thing a lot of people bring up is that Steve makes more sense to Nintendo AND Microsoft from an economical standpoint.

But with Nintendo and Microsoft’s cooperation recently...it would also more economic sense for BK to get into smash, have Minecraft content sprinkled in, AND have a new BK game revealed and promoted at E3 for Switch/Xbox.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Y'know, there's a fair amount of guh-huh in this thread, generally speaking, but not a lot of bree. Why aren't y'all breeing? Come to think of it, I haven't seen a single eekum-bokum, let alone an oomanaka. What's with you people? Step it up (if you think you're hard enough)!

I'm going whole hog. Not only will I guh-huh, not only will I bree, not only will I eekum-bokum and oomanaka, I will also week-wack-week-wack and boop-a-roop. Go big or go homo. Unless this all turns out to be a bust, in which case I will only chk chk boom.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I had a good feeling about the chances when I first posted here in my essay long reasoning of why now is the time for it to happen.

And I'm confident enough to say at this point that it's all snowballing in a way that points towards it happening even more so. Theres far too much traction to ignore.

I'm calling it, its over. They're in. I'm like 70% sure of it. Which is more than enough for me to put my hopes on the table for another disappointment, but this time looks and feels different. I know it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm now just wondering what studio they got to do the remake/threeie since Rare had no interest in making it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's really no better place to announce Banjo than E3. With Microsoft and Nintendo both being present it's almost guaranteed there will be some crossover in either the Xbox Conference or, more likely, the Nintendo Direct. Ori got leaked that it was coming to Switch AGES ago and I don't think Microsoft is going to stop there. It's likely they'll have their own section in the Nintendo Direct where a Banjo-Kazooie reveal will make the most sense.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm now just wondering what studio they got to do the remake/threeie since Rare had no interest in making it.
Retro would be awesome, Or Rare were messing with us for all this time to actually be the ones making it.

Honestly...it sounds like a Rare move to me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yo

im just here to say that i havent posted outside the decisive games room on this site in years but i just had to come here and celebrate with yall. allow me to bask in the hype that is this thread

a toast to all whove waited upwards of 20 years for this

im ready yall. swag

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
There's really no better place to announce Banjo than E3. With Microsoft and Nintendo both being present it's almost guaranteed there will be some crossover in either the Xbox Conference or, more likely, the Nintendo Direct. Ori got leaked that it was coming to Switch AGES ago and I don't think Microsoft is going to stop there. It's likely they'll have their own section in the Nintendo Direct where a Banjo-Kazooie reveal will make the most sense.
It makes me think. Microsoft has their presentation first. Are they going to avoid announcing anything Banjo related during their show and announce it all during the Nintendo direct to keep from spoiling the smash reveal?

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Banjo has collected all 6 Infinity Stones.
Phil Spencer = Soul Stone (The man who started the hype train)
Sabi = Space Stone (For defeating all the "leaks" who sought to deconfirm us)
Rand Al Thor = Time Stone (For being the first insider to mention Banjo for Smash bros)
Ryze = Mind Stone (Can't come up with reason so lol)
Shinobi = Reality Stone (For bringing the reality of the dream to life)
Vergeben = Power Stone (For defeating the trolls reason to exist)

What do y'all think? I'm open to others.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Rand Al Thor = Time Stone (For being the first insider to mention Banjo for Smash bros)

I'd make verge the mind stone

it's the last stone he gets. And I'd like to imagine he rips it out steve's head to get it.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
There's also that King Zell rumor about a Switch game that is comparable to "Mario on Playstation."

Most have speculated it's the Master Chief Collection.

Make the stones the Stop n Swop eggs and it's perfect.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
It's really surreal to consider Banjo's chances right now. One of my first thoughts as a kid playing Smash on N64 was "how come Banjo and Kazooie are not in this game?" - but now about 20 years later here we are.

It may not happen and that's okay, but like I've said here a couple of times and to my friends for like the past year and a half: Banjo and Kazooie are happening. I feel it. I'm just gonna go all in on this gut feeling and see what happens.

Top Bottom