• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Wolverine is a Banjo Kazooie fan, confirmed. He is the best at what he does, and if fans can't persuade Sakurai, surely Logan can. ;)

As for whose my most wanted other than Banjo:
1. Dixie Kong
2. Rayman
3. Doom Guy
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Conker

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Most wanted? Hoo boy

Arle Nadja
Jill Valentine
Doomguy
Firebrand/Arthur
Neku Sakuraba
Travis Touchdown
Marco Rossi
Sylux
Geno

Basically the jist of it. I could go on.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Glad to see so much support for Dixie here! =D

And also happy to see that a couple people even mentioned Goemon and Captain Syrup. Definitely did not expect that haha. No love for Tingle though. /sadface

Overall though, it seems like beyond perhaps some Rareware characters, people's tastes really run the gamut. I see some people listing characters I've never even heard of, let alone in the context of Smash discussion. Which is interesting, because I feel like I've heard every character under the sun mentioned in Smash speculation at least once. But I suppose there will always more to learn.

Either way though it's cool to see Banjo bring so many people together. =D

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
For me, Banjo has always been my number one pick.

I've been totally fine with mostly everyone they've added to Smash, but Banjo has always felt like a missing piece of the roster, and now he finally has a legitimate chance to get in.

But beyond them...

Sora
Crash Bandicoot
Doomslayer
Geno
Morrigan
Rayman
Dixie Kong
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Mimikyu
Johto Pokemon Trainer

TipsyPanda

Smash Rookie
My dream fighter pass would kick things off with the bear and bird of course. But past that...

2. Yuna, Final Fantasy X: utiziling summons insmash and special moves in someway, one of the coolest parts of the series.
3. Crash Bandicoot: a nostalgia pick.
4. Isaac, from the binding of Isaac: my absolute favorite indie game, potentially the game I’ve put the most hours into.
5. Pyramid Head, Silent Hill: I know resident evil is the horror game people tend to want to see represented, but Id want to see this guy come with a kit to make opponents feel tension like they would seeing him in Silent hill

If I got a fighters pass two....

6. Bethesda rep: I never played Doom, but smash has me hype for Doomguy and checking out the games. Personally would want a Game and Watch Esque Vault Boy.
7. Blizzard rep: I want Illidan or Chen from WoW. But I can’t imagine on the off chance we got one it wouldn’t be Tracer. Who I also enjoy.
8. Monokuma, Dangonronpa: saw someone mention this recently, I’m no visual novel game type person. But I did get into this series. Think he could be super fun and represent a unique genre.
9. Sora, Kingdom Hearts: I replayed the ps2 games recently, and honestly nostalgia didn’t hold up in practice like I hoped. I passed on 3 afterwards, but this series is still huge and I’d love to see it represented.
10. Edelgarde, Fire Emblem: go ahead Nintendo. I just want a character with an axe. :p Travis Touchdown could be cool too though.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
My other highly requested characters besides Banjo and Kazooie are as follows:
- Waluigi and Dixie plus Banjo are at my top 3.
- Isaac
- Dr. Robotnik
- Funky
- Gruntilda
- Capt. Syrup
- Black Shadow
- Knuckles

Other characters I have in my lists include Toad, Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, Sami, Mumbo, Pico, Micaiah, Krystal, etc.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Who do I truly want for Smash that's not in yet?

1. Sora from Kingdom Hearts
2. Banjo & Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie
3. Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars
4. Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney
5. Waluigi from the Mario series
6. Isaac from Golden Sun.
7. Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle
8. Dixie Kong from the Donkey Kong series

I know three of them are deconfirmed, but ya'll asked my dream characters sooo lol

But in earnest, give me the top two and I'll never complain about the roster again.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So I'm curious who all of you support beyond the bear and bird or perhaps who you would move on to supporting either after B&K are in or confirmed out in some way.
For me, I don't really have a lot of characters that I truly want but here is my list barring Banjo Kazooie. You guys are free to convince me to support your other choices

Crono from Chrono Trigger
Doom Guy
Crash Bandicoot

And one character that will never see the light of day and I will be very much surprised to see him.

Sergeant Cortez from TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters Future Perfect

I have a fun one for you all. You have to choose one option. The other will never exist.

Would you rather Banjo-Threeie finally be announced Or Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in smash.

The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
Banjo Kazooie in Smash with Rare Replay. With Banjo Threeie it really depends on who is making the game. If it's Rare then nope after Nuts & Bolts. If it's the Super Mario Odyssey team then it will pique my interests. If it's another developer that is not Nintendo or Rare then I don't know.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Edward Richtofen Hmmm ? He would make a great character ! if he used wonder weapons from all the zombie maps

Altho I doubt thay would let a literal Nazi in smash bros lol

I could see Edward Tank Takeo & nikolai both with young & old skins being one character kinda like bowser Jr & the koopalings

I wonder what wonder weapons would they use for there moveset ? B Move would be raygun & Up B would be the paralyzer

heck there are SO MANY wonder weapons that there A moves could also be wonder weapons

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
We showcasing who we want? Alright, i'll bite. No holds barred, anything I want.

1. Banjo-Kazooie (Duh)
2. Krystal
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Spyro
5. The Heavy
6. Rayman
7. Camilla (Fire Emblem)
8. Shante
9. Master Chief

Banjo-kazooie is my obvious most wanted.

Now my most outlandish pick, hear me out on this. Wreck-It Ralph. Not even joking, 100% in for my favorite wrecker. This dude set the bar for Video game movies and has some sick Moveset Potential. It's never going to happen but i'd like to picture Ralph being a clumsy heavyweight with a rapid jab and a final smash where he wrecks the building over those caught in it.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Ralph's Video game fix it felex jr came out in arcade/moble/PC form B4 his movie did makeing him a video game character 1st not a movie character

So lets get Ralph & Sora in smash Disney !

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
There's quite a few characters I still want to see; but even if they just had Joker as the only DLC character, I would've been immensely satisfied. But for the definitive characters I still want:
Isaac (Still most wanted, even if he's an assist)
Phoenix Wright
Takamaru
Skull Kid
Ryu Hayabusa
Banjo&Kazooie
Spring Man (Maybe Ribbon Girl as an Echo Fighter too)
Octolings (As an Inkling Echo)
Waluigi
Doomguy (not because of the leaks - I played DOOM 2016 and had a blast with it)
Definitely another Sonic character - Be it Dr. Eggman or Tails, and Shadow as Sonic's Echo Fighter.
Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade's definitely deserving of a second character, and Rex and Pyra could easily bring something unique to Smash thanks to their Driver and Blade dynamic)
Also shout-out to characters like Artorias, Lyn, Arle Nadja and Dante.

So yeah, there's still plenty of characters I still want beyond Banjo, even though I'm completely satisfied with Joker's inclusion.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Most wanted:

1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Rex & Pyra
3. Dixie Kong
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. DQ Rep (Erdrick, Luminary, Slime, whatever)
6. Leon Kennedy
7. 2B
8. Isaac
9. Waluigi
10. Shadow

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Anyway, this is the picture that made me want Doom Guy in Smash Bros. It's like he was mean't to be there from the start. It's just too bad that Nintendo didn't do any newcomer artwork this time besides Inkling and maybe the artwork for the countdown to Smash Ultimate's release if you count that but I don't.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anyway, this is the picture that made me want Doom Guy in Smash Bros. It's like he was mean't to be there from the start. It's just too bad that Nintendo didn't do any newcomer artwork this time besides Inkling and maybe the artwork for the countdown to Smash Ultimate's release if you count that but I don't.

I always liked how Samus is all "wait for me!" in this.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Most wanted?
Off the top of my head...

Doomguy (with a B.J Blazkowitz Echo)
Crash (With a Coco Echo)
Rayman
Arle from Puyo Puyo
Takamaru
Amaterasu from Okami
Wonder-Red
Zero from Megaman X
Viewtiful Joe
Terra Branford

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Most wanteds, eh?

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Mike Jones (where my Startropics buddies at?)
3. Paper Mario
4. Bandana Dee
5. Black Mage
6. Geno/Sora (I'm fine with either/or)
7. Rabbid/Rayman (Same)
8. Indie Rep (preferably Quote or Shovel Knight)
9. Captain Syrup (I NEED to know how the announcer would pronounce "Syrup")
10. Another old Nintendo rep.

I just realized while making this list that I am extremely fond of cartoony characters.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Most Wanted: Banjo-Kazooie

My 3 favorite Nintendo franchises: Mario, Pokemon and Donkey Kong (Mostly) are all well represented overall and have me happy and satisfied, I already got King K.Rool (2nd Most Wanted) Which just leaves me with Banjo-Kazooie as really my last absolutely must have character's and feels like they are a long overdue inclusion that got screwed out of a inevitable roster spot because of the buyout.

Frosting on the Cake picks: Pokemon (8th Gen Rep), Crash Bandicoot, Dixie Kong and maybe some other Rareware rep. (Nice to have ,But I'm not begging on my knees for them)

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'd love Banjo Kazooie first and foremost, but close seconds are Chocobo, Spyro, Amaterasu, Neku, or Sora. But really, I'd be happy with anyone, I'm excited there's at least 4 more characters coming, but definitely anxious for their reveals, hah.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
I have a fun one for you all. You have to choose one option. The other will never exist.

Would you rather Banjo-Threeie finally be announced Or Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in smash.

The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
with no garuntee threeie would be good and done right. I'll take option 2.

In terms of characters I think the roster is pretty perfect in terms of nintendo owned characters with the exception of Waluigi and Dixie. I wouldn't mind paper mario or waddle dee though either.

For 3rd parties there is alot of room for things to want, but in my mind I ask "who deserves it?"

Crash Bandicoot/Spyro (preferrably crash)
Master Chief
Frogger
Creeper (minecraft has earned their spot but steve is boring)
Erdrick
Sora
Rayman
Doomguy/duke nukem
Ryu Hayabusa

and even though I'm not really all that passionate about it i'd love to see Geno get in just to see the jubilation of the geno fans who have been trying to get this obscure one off character added for so long.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Look, I loved playing BK and BT, but I'm more attached to the characters than the game itself. For me, and it's selfish, Smash is my favorite franchise, so I'd rather Banjo and Kazooie be characters there than Banjo Threeie. THAT SAID, if they get a new game and Microsoft partners with Nintendo (at least to a point of being a cross platform game), there's probably a decent chance they naturally make it into a future installment of Smash. So for the long run, I think that would be a better option (and hey a new Banjo Kazooie game!)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Theres plenty of characters that I think would be fun to play, but to keep this quick, the ones that I really think deserve a shot to be in after Banio Kazooie are
-Doomguy
-Dante
-Rayman
-Waluigi
-Dixie Kong
-Cranky Kong
-Captain Toad
-Spring Man
-Master Chief
-Steve
-Scorpiom
-Crash
-Jill or Leon or both

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think Donkey Kong/Banjo-Kazooie/Rareware fans will get a kick out of this. (A different video of the same mod was posted before, But this one is better and longer)

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
After Banjo support my main focus becomes Isaac. He's the only character I want as much as Banjo, and he has the added annoyance of the fact he should have been in Smash since Smash 4 and much more since Ultimate.
After those two I'm pretty good with the roster but I would like to see Sora, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Vaati, Takamaru, Mike Jones (sadly this is probably an impossible character), and Tethu (also probably never happening).

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Rayman
- Doom Slayer
- Leon Kennedy
- Dark Souls rep
- Heavy
- Battletoads
- Porky Minch
- Geno
- F-Zero rep (would take anyone at this point, except Blood Falcon)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Banjo gets in I don't feel like I could really ask for anything else. There are characters I would love (DIxie Kong, Leon Kennedy, Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Waluigi and tons of others) but I can basically just relax and enjoy the characters as they come from the point of Banjo being in.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
After Banjo support my main focus becomes Isaac. He's the only character I want as much as Banjo, and he has the added annoyance of the fact he should have been in Smash since Smash 4 and much more since Ultimate.
After those two I'm pretty good with the roster but I would like to see Sora, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Vaati, Takamaru, Mike Jones (sadly this is probably an impossible character), and Tethu (also probably never happening).
eh i have Tethu on my list aswell, he is really unlikely.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Most wanted?

Shantae
Ashley (WarioWare)
Banjo-Kazooie
Dixie Kong
Madeline (Celeste)
Geno
Chrono Trigger rep (I'm actually rooting for a more unique fighter like Ayla, Lucca or Robo instead of Chrono himself)
Waluigi
Lara Croft

While I'm not openly advocating for him, I wouldn't be opposed to DoomGuy being one of the DLC characters.

However, I think that Banjo is the only one with a realistic shot at getting in out of those. Though I do think that Lara has a more decent chance than most people give her.

Maybe Shantae and Ashley could make it in base game for Smash 6 though.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
eh i have Tethu on my list aswell, he is really unlikely.
Honestly, if he ever appears as even a spirit in another Smash game I'll be impressed. He was just done so wrong by timing and dev decisions. Still, I love Ever Oasis and hope it gets another chance soon.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Dont get me wrong, I would kill for a Proper Sequel to Tooie, but with Rare still hanging around Microsoft's Neck, the new game would be an Xbox Exclusive, and I dont really want to buy another xbox for a Banjo game again, I bought a 360 just to play N&B back in the day.

Option 2 with Banjo in Smash and Rare Replay on Switch just seems so much more appealing, because not only will the two finally make a Grand comeback in the public audience, but They will also receive an Amiibo figure AND we can play the first two games on the go (or the comfort of your own bed!).

(And banjo will finally be able to meet his old Pal Diddy Kong again)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
With how much people went with option two I should have said Banjo-Threeie would be cross-platform and guaranteed to be better then the original games.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
(also geez, everytime I'm gone for like a day, I come back to find im 3 or 4 pages behind lol)

I think we Already covered most wanted a hundred or so pages back I think but lets refresh everyone's choices.

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Chibi-Robo
3. Dovahkiin
4. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
5. Heavy (TF2)

Most of the characters I want are Pipe dream picks honestly, once Banjo gets in I think the Roster can be complete for all I care.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I’ll keep saying it until he is in. Banjo is the last missing character in this Nintendo All-Star fighting game royale

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
There is only a few characters that I want that are actually likely than people want to admit.

- Banjo and Kazooie
- Rayman (Yes, I don’t believe Spirit’s deconfirm Solo Series Representatives. If you need an explanation I’ll happily give you 10-reasons why.)
- Heihachi Mishima
- Ryu Hayabusa
- Erdrick
- Doomguy
- Resident Evil Rep

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
The only characters I would like to see at this point are Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, Toad, Paper Mario, and Phoenix Wright.

I grew up playing the Banjo series, and while I thought he was impossible for all of Smash 4 plus Ultimate's pre-release, circumstances have changed with Microsoft going soft towards Nintendo, and now I think he has a great shot of joining the battle. Plus, I just want to see how happy everyone will be towards his possible Smash announcement. I can't think of any character that would get as high and positive of a reception as Banjo & Kazooie would. Dixie Kong and Toad are the only characters in my opinion that should already be playable but are not for whatever reason. They are both iconic to Nintendo and are reoccurring characters, and deserve to be a part of Smash. I felt like that towards my previous most wanted character, King K. Rool, as well. Paper Mario is another game I enjoyed growing up, and if we can have three different Links, we could definitely have three different Marios. Plus, Paper Mario would play very uniquely and could have many references to his games. Lastly, Phoenix Wright is the only character that could be added at this point that I would want to main. I love the Ace Attorney series, and the idea of a character with a moveset consisting of things like step-ladders and desk slams sounds too fun to pass up. Ace Attorney has also been on many Nintendo platforms for close to two decades now, and the series deserves some sort of reward in my opinion.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
- Rayman (Yes, I don’t believe Spirit’s deconfirm Solo Series Representatives. If you need an explanation I’ll happily give you 10-reasons why.)
Tell us those 10 reasons. I'm convinced that spirits deconfirm characters.

Last edited:

Violante

Smash Apprentice
So uh

If Aubrey Norris was expressing disdain for Steve as a fighter on Nov 2nd and Sakurai said the DLC was finalized on Nov 7th, wouldn't that be wildly voiding of an NDA if Steve was in, or if not just considerably and knowingly bad PR for the character?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So uh

If Aubrey Norris was expressing disdain for Steve as a fighter on Nov 2nd and Sakurai said the DLC was finalized on Nov 7th, wouldn't that be wildly voiding of an NDA if Steve was in, or if not just considerably and knowingly bad PR for the character?
Yeah, exactly. Though people will swear up and down that "THAT DOESN'T COUNT!"

Top Bottom