• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

I had a dream about Banjo having a music band with Link, K.Rool, Kazooie and Doomguy.

Banjo had his banjo, Kazooie a kazoo, Link his ocarina, K.Rool a trumpet and Doomguy a battery.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So What company should make a new banjo game ? (& fix or ignore N&B trash storyline?) other then playtonic B/C after yooka-laylee I don't want them making a banjo game TBH

I say let the People who remade crash & spyro remake the banjo games to learn HOW & WHY the 1st 2 game where so great & put that knowledge to use in a REAL banjo threeie & ignore N&B (& I LOVE N&B but it ruiend the story just ignore it rare please )
The people who did Mario Odyssey are probably the best choice IMO.

D

Deleted member

So What company should make a new banjo game ? (& fix or ignore N&B trash storyline?) other then playtonic B/C after yooka-laylee I don't want them making a banjo game TBH

I say let the People who remade crash & spyro remake the banjo games to learn HOW & WHY the 1st 2 game where so great & put that knowledge to use in a REAL banjo threeie & ignore N&B (& I LOVE N&B but it ruiend the story just ignore it rare please )
If you ask me, Retro Studios.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I just saw this Source Gaming video - at the very least, it makes me excited about the possibility of Rare content in Smash. If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said that it would be a pipe dream, so it's a pleasant surprise to see that this is actually a possibility now!

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice

I'd love for the Hat in Time devs to work their magic on Banjo-Kazooie:
- Wacky and fun characters/funny dialogue.
- Great soundtrack
- Fun level design. Collecting things/exploring never felt tedious.
- The art, specifically the pictures that you see before starting each mission.
- Controls feel great, and they give you plenty of ways to move around quickly.

IMO, its a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I hope we are allowed to shoot eggs from kazooies ass in smash ultimate soon...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I just saw this Source Gaming video - at the very least, it makes me excited about the possibility of Rare content in Smash. If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said that it would be a pipe dream, so it's a pleasant surprise to see that this is actually a possibility now!
I'm actually quite surprised, since I had always gotten the impression from Source Gaming that they didn't care for, or disliked Banjo-Kazooie. I don't see any need to drastically overhaul their moves or add in gimmicks since most of their moves translate nicely into Smash already, with only a few tweaks needed. I agree with the stage ideas. Also, this is the first time I saw Nuts & Bolts version of Humba Wumba--yikes. Barely recognizable--I assumed it was a crappy fan render at first.

Also, I've mentioned my favorite music from the series. I have doubts it would be included, but I feel like Weldar's boss theme is an overlooked choice--sounds so epic to battle to.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Also, this is the first time I saw Nuts & Bolts version of Humba Wumba--yikes. Barely recognizable--I assumed it was a crappy fan render at first.
I don't mind N&B Humba, and honestly I kind of get why they changed her; Native American stereotype and PC culture and whatnot.

On an unrelated note:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't mind N&B Humba, and honestly I kind of get why they changed her; Native American stereotype and PC culture and whatnot.

On an unrelated note:

Imagine what this guy would be feeling if not only did he see King K get into smash. But also Banjo-Kazooie in the same game.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind N&B Humba, and honestly I kind of get why they changed her; Native American stereotype and PC culture and whatnot.]
As someone who is a citizen of a Tribal Nation she was really my only problem in the series. Mumbo-Jumbo is really general but Humba-Wumba was a bit too specific for me to really feel comfortable about. If Tooie was remade I'd hope she'd reflect the N&B changes in that.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I would pay a ton of money to see Banjo do the Smug dance
With how the Banjo-kazooie community has been waiting for this long for anything, it would be well deserved. The highlight of my year would be dunking on all the haters and deniers. Imagine the fan art and content that would surge just to detail such an epic comeback.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
As someone who is a citizen of a Tribal Nation she was really my only problem in the series. Mumbo-Jumbo is really general but Humba-Wumba was a bit too specific for me to really feel comfortable about. If Tooie was remade I'd hope she'd reflect the N&B changes in that.
You're from a Tribal Nation? That's really interesting! Where are you from?

As for Humba, I always imagined that if they did a remake of Tooie they could possibly do what they did with Cranky Kong in DK64 and make her a friendly mad scientist that transforms the duo with potions. It would make Humba and Mumbo's rivalry more distinct: Magic VS Science

On an unrelated note:

Seems like everyone once-associated with Rare wants Banjo to return. It’s insane how long it’s taking Rare to do something about it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My issue is that the new version doesn't remotely look like Humba Wumba at all, but more like fan art, which is what I originally thought it was. I think there would have been a way to reimagine the character to remove the insensitive elements while still making it feel like it's the same character. However, it's highly subjective as it is, to some it's a good reimagining.

As for Humba, I always imagined that if they did a remake of Tooie they could possibly do what they did with Cranky Kong in DK64 and make her a friendly mad scientist that transforms the duo with potions. It would make Humba and Mumbo's rivalry more distinct: Magic VS Science
I think they could retain her magic, I like that their beef is who's the better magic user. While crafting my version of Banjo Threeie, I had a similar idea, but as Klungo turned good by the end of Tooie, he would help Banjo & Kazooie with his potions.

EDIT:

Seems like everyone once-associated with Rare wants Banjo to return. It’s insane how long it’s taking Rare to do something about it.
Not Gregg Mayles, who still works at Rare. If anybody, he's perhaps the main reason why we haven't seen anything with Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's sooo frustrating that Steve Mayles (who designed Banjo) really enthusiastically wants to see Banjo back, and yet his brother Greg (who actually has sway at Rare enough to where if he wanted to work on Banjo, we'd be getting a new Banjo) has no interest in him anymore.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's sooo frustrating that Steve Mayles (who designed Banjo) really enthusiastically wants to see Banjo back, and yet his brother Greg (who actually has sway at Rare enough to where if he wanted to work on Banjo, we'd be getting a new Banjo) has no interest in him anymore.
Unfortunately, that's just how Gregg and a lot of developers at Rare have always been. They don't like standing around their old IPs for too long. It's not like they made sequels to Battletoads or Digger T. Rock going into the N64 era.

Like if Gregg never moved on from DKC, we would of never gotten Banjo to begin with.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

That sounds kind of familiar, actually.

Mr. Stagg

It is annoying that Rare ignores their beloved franchises, claim that working on their old stuff is the worst idea, then shill merchandise out ABOUT their old IP's. If they really want people to forget about their old IP's then stop making merch for them! It screams of hippocracy. I get they want to move onto other stuff, but that does not mean they have to just drop their old IP's. Nintendo's entire business has been focused on their old IP's while making new ones and they are the dominant gaming company in the world.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, that's just how Gregg and a lot of developers at Rare have always been. They don't like standing around their old IPs for too long. It's not like they made sequels to Battletoads or Digger T. Rock going into the N64 era.

Like if Gregg never moved on from DKC, we would of never gotten Banjo to begin with.
I dunno, a lot of Rare devs LOVE their IPs and want to work on them again. Kev Bayliss loved Killer Instinct and Battletoads, Steve Mayles/Grant Kirkhope/Chrris Sutherland etc love Banjo and DK. Chris Seavor loves Conker. Mark Stevenson loves DK and so on.

It's really sadly just a situation where Craig Duncan and Greg Mayles have no interest and they have the power.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
The whole Greg Mayles thing has me a little worried that he'd shoot down Banjo for Smash purely on principle

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The whole Greg Mayles thing has me a little worried that he'd shoot down Banjo for Smash purely on principle
Isn't that more Microsoft's decision to make, since they have full control of the IP?

He can disagree all he wants, and while I'm sure they respect his opinion(well, maybe), they're still the final call.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah if Microsoft and Nintendo wanted Banjo in smash. Banjo would be in smash regardless of what Greg has to say.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Don’t worry. As said, it’s not his call. That being said, from what I’ve seen from his Twitter, I think he would either a) not care and let them or b) be honored as he was with King K Rool being in Smash. So long as he doesn’t have to lift a finger doing anything with Banjo.

Mr. Stagg

Yeah if Microsoft and Nintendo wanted Banjo in smash. Banjo would be in smash regardless of what Greg has to say.
I doubt Phil would let Greg stand in the way of that considering how much he's been open to the idea of getting Banjo in Smash. It's shown already that Rare IP's can be used despite Rare's tendincy to not care. Battletoads and Killer Instinct is proof of that.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
As much as I love A Hat in Time, it and Banjo have different kinds of charm that I don't feel would mesh well together. AHiT is also more like Sunshine and Mario 64 than it is Banjo.

I have also heard about the stealing assets and doxxing from one of the people at Gears for Breakfast, and I'm not sure I feel comfortable about someone of that character handling something as beloved as Banjo.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
do what they did with Cranky Kong in DK64 and make her a friendly mad scientist that transforms the duo with potions. It would make Humba and Mumbo's rivalry more distinct: Magic VS Science
Idk, I mean, I can see how Classic Humba would be a little controversial and whatnot but changing her into a Mad Scientist or something would really Rustle my jimmies. It reminds me of Dr. Puzz from Yooka Laylee and I just don't like Dr. Puzz at all.

Point being, If they did remake Tooie I would understand why they would Change her for Obvious reasons but the Kid in me would go ballistic, you know?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
interesting, i thought people would care for the old humba wumba design since her current design is from Nuts & Bolts.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice

Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians

And yeah, I agree. I remember designing characters for a sorta fan concept for Banjo-Threeie or a B-K-inspired game, don't remember. But I made a character. She was a scientist anteater with a prominent lisp. You'd have to go collect vials for a transformation. When she transforms you she'd say : "Ith A Thuctheth!"

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

On an unrelated note:

You scared me for a second there! I just remembered that Steve Mayles works at Playtonic now instead of Rare.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I like Humba's N&B look but it dose look a little cowboyish witch makes sense since the cowboys came in & wiped out the native americans (if i remember my history that old 70s & 80s cartoons tought me right as i don't remember what school tought me? ), guess something similar happend in the BK world ? at least thats always how it looked to me

altho with how weak everyone is nowadays & how PC everything is becoming they might remove her feather on her head like Mr.G&W in smash all BC one snowflake wanted victim points on twitter & now Mr.G&W looks like he has his dingaling hanging out now

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Humba was created so that Mumbo could be playable. Which I always thought was stupid and uneeded. Just give Mumbo his old role back and forget Humba like they did with Brentilda.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Humba was created so that Mumbo could be playable. Which I always thought was stupid and uneeded. Just give Mumbo his old role back and forget Humba like they did with Brentilda.
Tooie kinda came out in that somewhat unfortunate period where 3D platformers were expected to have dozens of playable characters.

Sonic Adventure had six characters, each with their own different gameplay styles and storylines. DK64 had five different kongs to choose from, each with their own massive amount of collectibles. Spyro 3 had you playing as Spyro's animal friends every now and then. And then Banjo-Tooie let you split up Banjo and Kazooie and then added Mumbo into the mix.

Top Bottom