• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
They should move up all the E3 announces to tomorrow save us all the trouble of waiting. Please and thank you.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. I dont think I've ever seen an "insider" go all in on both Steve AND Banjo. And to answer people above, this is mostly good.

Sabi has heard from IGC directly that Banjo was mentioned. So thats very good.

Sabi also heard from someone formerly on the team that both are going to make it, but this one seems iffy because of the whole "implying a second fighters pass but only sorta kinda" thing. Good, but if true, I'd REALLY hate to have to wait even longer for a confirmation on Banjo.

Here's to all of these rumors meaning that both are in. Everyone can win.

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
You know, it's entirely possible someone heard "Banjo'll be in Character Pass 2", misconstrued that as referring to the second Fighter's Pass, and passed that misinfo to IGC.

NickoRaptor

Smash Cadet
I put all my money on K. Rool before he was announced, and I'm fully willing to bet it all again on Banjo & Kazooie. I have very little doubts.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I have very little doubt there won't be a second Fighters Pass. Smash Ultimate is too big of a game to pass up making more money on. I have other reasons to believe more is coming.
That said, if more wasn't coming no doubt I'd be a little disappointed. Yet, also satisfied because of the scope of the game.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm just hoping it will be Banjo Kazooie who are playable with a Steve Mii Swordfighter costume.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
IGC going in on Steve coming first doesn't even make sense to her original posts about Smash. She said the whole MS/Nintendo relationship came about because of Rare properties (Smash and N64 classic).

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
IGC going in on Steve coming first doesn't even make sense to her original posts about Smash. She said the whole MS/Nintendo relationship came about because of Rare properties (Smash and N64 classic).
Do you or anyone else have source for this? I don't check twitter too often.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Do you or anyone else have source for this? I don't check twitter too often.
This was a while ago, but I will happily remind you young'uns. For those that don't know IDC, she's an indie games enthusiast who works in and with Microsoft.

IGC.png

I can confirm that this Tweet was real. I looked at it with my own eyes. Thing here is that it was deleted within a few hours. I believe this would be breaking NDA...and hard. As you can see, this Tweet does not explicitly mention Banjo-Kazooie by name, yet these latest developments from Sabi confirms to me that IDC is going in hard for Banjo as a fighters pass character. I'm willing to hear other sides, but this is how I see these events. Big thing to remember here, kiddos, is that whenever you see something that could hurt or improve our chances, wait a day or two. Take this to heart, especially the stuff that looks to be"de-confirming". Usually something that can be seen as a de-confirm will fizzle out within a day or two.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This was a while ago, but I will happily remind you young'uns. For those that don't know IDC, she's an indie games enthusiast who works in and with Microsoft.

View attachment 221989

I can confirm that this Tweet was real. I looked at it with my own eyes. Thing here is that it was deleted within a few hours. I believe this would be breaking NDA...and hard. As you can see, this Tweet does not explicitly mention Banjo-Kazooie by name, yet these latest developments from Sabi confirms to me that IDC is going in hard for Banjo as a fighters pass character. I'm willing to hear other sides, but this is how I see these events. Big thing to remember here, kiddos, is that whenever you see something that could hurt or improve our chances, wait a day or two. Take this to heart, especially the stuff that looks to be"de-confirming". Usually something that can be seen as a de-confirm will fizzle out within a day or two.
Nah I was wondering where Indie Gamer Chick said that Steve would be coming first or something that TheAnvil said because I can't find it.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nah I was wondering where Indie Gamer Chick said that Steve would be coming first or something that TheAnvil said because I can't find it.
Evidently it appears the whole "she heard Steve" was an error on Sabi's part as you can see here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-project-dream.446558/page-461#post-23333096

I was just saying that it would be bizarre for her to switch and say that Steve is coming before Banjo given the tweets she made that Mr. Stagg Mr. Stagg above posted.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I don't trust IndieGamerChick cause from what it sounds like, she must be a freelancer. I believe Banjo is a fighter, there possibly will be Minecraft content. I do however believe that it was Minecraft that got Microsoft and Nintendo at the table. Minecraft was possibly used as a way to get Xbox Live to be on Nintendo and PlayStation as well as selling Azure. Because Nintendo doesn't have a dedicated infrastructure for NSO,I can see that they too will announce adopting Azure especially that they want to expand into China.
Banjo would have came after Minecraft on Switch but before Cuphead. Which probably makes sense because the rumours didn't start coming until after E3 last year.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Justin Little

Smash Ace
So I have a Banjo art piece that I would like to share, but it features some of my own characters from my own comic book on it. I think it might be against the rules since I would be promoting it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Maybe we could bank on the fact that Sakurai has never mentioned anything about Banjo Kazooie during any interviews as a good sign of his inclusion? I mean he only talked about Persona 5 after Joker was announced right?

Although he did say that we shouldn't take everything he says as signs of a character's inclusion but what about stuff that he doesn't talk about? I know it's kind of reaching and it's an open book in that regard but there is always a method to someone's madness.

osby

Smash Obsessed

BZocky

Smash Ace

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quick thing; I remember reading, I think in this thread, that some other characters showed up via the Google Theory. Anybody know where that post was? I might've read that wrong.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Quick thing; I remember reading, I think in this thread, that some other characters showed up via the Google Theory. Anybody know where that post was? I might've read that wrong.
No the only thing that showed up aside from those characters were some DLC packs for Doom, Plants vs. Zombies and some other games.

D

Deleted member

At the papageno server, someone found an exploit that made the ad appear with any character by messing with the way the filters worked.

However, it isn’t taken as part of the Google Theory due to the fact that the regular way [(writing “smash bros ultimate (character name)” without doing any other thing] still kept working only for Hayabusa, Banjo, Doom Slayer and Artorias.

63BAA910-73E0-49D8-97C6-4CF78085FF18.jpeg

5F771737-8A20-42C5-ADF5-7B6A41742605.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No the only thing that showed up aside from those characters were some DLC packs for Doom, Plants vs. Zombies and some other games.
So I misread it. Thank you. :)

At the papageno server, someone found an exploit that made the ad appear with any character by messing with the way the filters worked.

However, it isn’t taken as part of the Google Theory due to the fact that the regular way [(writing “smash bros ultimate (character name)” without doing any other thing] still kept working only for Hayabusa, Banjo, Doom Slayer and Artorias.

Ah, duly noted. Though I can see why people think it's just Google being weird too.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Our prize from the poll we won is here! He even did a Sora one since it was such a close race!

Makes absolute sense. I support both of these characters and I legit believe they have the biggest chances in terms of fan demand, they are the next ridley and K Rool, 100%. Absolutely love it!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Surprised to not see this be shared here yet!

Ah, You beat me to it, I saw it earler today in the morning, But kind of forgot to post it.

Fun Fact: For those who don't know not only was Banjo-Kazooie developed by Rare like Donkey Kong Country (Duh), But was created by the exact "Core" DKC team within Rare as they had multiple teams.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ah, You beat me to it, I saw it earler today in the morning, But kind of forgot to post it.

Fun Fact: For those who don't know not only was Banjo-Kazooie developed by Rare like Donkey Kong Country (Duh), But was created by the exact "Core" DKC team within Rare as they had multiple teams.
Well part of it. After DKC2 part of the team moved onto DKC3 and part moved onto Dream (which became Banjo).

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Your absolutely right on that, But that's why I mentioned "Core".

DKC 3 (If I'm not mistaken was mainly developed by the Secondary part of the DKC team) Banjo-Kazooie was headlined by the "Core" DKC team with bigger names like Gregg and Steve Mayles and Chris Sutherland.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Yeah , fakes leaks and misinfos in general will be very common before E3.
I recommend everyone to take a break if the situation get too stressful : I know that a lot of you have waited for a long ass time to get this duo in Smash.

I won't comment much more anymore here :
To be honest , I'm sure a lot of the guests viewing this thread will use our posts for ****posting/hatefests if BK doesn't get in. And I don't want to be a part of that.

Still , all I wish for is a physical port of Rare replay on Switch. That's my only "thing that have no guarantee to happen but seem likely because of the current situation + would make me really happy".

I just want a way to play the BK franchise without having to spend 70 euros on a N64 cartridge , and buying an XBOX 360.
And Conkers Bad Fur Day.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Nintendo must have really learned a lesson in the leak department. Because there hasn't been any super concrete leaks yet. Even base Ultimate had a Ken image leak out. Since Joker there has been absolutely nothing besides 1 vague codename.

Heck most.people have kinda gave up making fake image leaks. During base game speculation there seemed to be a new one to debunk every week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom