• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well has anyone here tried to make an ad for Nintendo? At the very least we can be sure once and for all through experimentation.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I need some clarification on something regarding the Google theory.
1557881148102.png

I thought these four characters triggered the ad. When did this occur and does the ad still show up for Joker?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I need some clarification on something regarding the Google theory.
View attachment 220759
I thought these four characters triggered the ad. When did this occur and does the ad still show up for Joker?
There was a period where those four weren't triggering the ad, but literally everything else was triggering the ad, which led to the theory that the characters had been turned into Negative Keywords. IE, Nintendo doing hasty damage control once they caught on to what we were doing

1557984180239.png

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
There was a period where those four weren't triggering the ad, but literally everything else was triggering the ad, which led to the theory that the characters had been turned into Negative Keywords. IE, Nintendo doing hasty damage control once they caught on to what we were doing

View attachment 220766
Interesting. I'm curious if there are more characters that have the same result.

Is this currently the condition of these four names in regards to searching them on Google? Are they still negative keywords?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
1557986683835.png

Don't lose heart JUST yet

1557986579897.png

Also, the response in the post above included the Amazon analogy I proposed in an earlier post:

Of course you can have a Google Ad leading to an Amazon listing for your OWN product

Nintendo is a private company selling their own private products however.

Here's the way I see it: Nintendo is historically infamous for how vicious they are for protecting their property: They flew someone out to collect a leaked copy of Pokemon X/Y and reprimanded the Mom and Pop store that sold it early, and they nailed the ESRB Leak guy insanely fast.

Let's say the worst case happens and it's really some troll playing 5D chess with us all. Nintendo has proven that they've got an ear to the ground over what we're all talking about; the second they'd catch wind of a troll using their property and website to pull a prank, all they'd have to do would be to call Google and get their info from Adsense and nail them in an instant.

Whoever made the Grinch Leak just posted it on 4chan, kept their head down, and let us do the work for them. If a troll is behind this, they'd be in for a world of legal hurt

If this were a troll, the ads would have been gone the second this theory took off. But the fact that they're still up says to me that this is in fact Nintendo's doing... all that remains to be seen is if this means anything or if we're just making a mountain out of a molehill

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 220790

Don't lose heart JUST yet

View attachment 220787

Also, the response in the post above included the Amazon analogy I proposed in an earlier post:

Of course you can have a Google Ad leading to an Amazon listing for your OWN product

Nintendo is a private company selling their own private products however.

Here's the way I see it: Nintendo is historically infamous for how vicious they are for protecting their property: They flew someone out to collect a leaked copy of Pokemon X/Y and reprimanded the Mom and Pop store that sold it early, and they nailed the ESRB Leak guy insanely fast.

Let's say the worst case happens and it's really some troll playing 5D chess with us all. Nintendo has proven that they've got an ear to the ground over what we're all talking about; the second they'd catch wind of a troll using their property and website to pull a prank, all they'd have to do would be to call Google and get their info from Adsense and nail them in an instant.

Whoever made the Grinch Leak just posted it on 4chan, kept their head down, and let us do the work for them. If a troll is behind this, they'd be in for a world of legal hurt

If this were a troll, the ads would have been gone the second this theory took off. But the fact that they're still up says to me that this is in fact Nintendo's doing... all that remains to be seen is if this means anything or if we're just making a mountain out of a molehill
It Better Not Mean MII COSTUMES!!!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I swear people try to debunk leaks with the dumbest arguments sometimes and it kind of paints you in a corner where you have to defend something you don't even necessarily believe in.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Was anyone actually mad at the grinch leak ? i wasn't it was a really good leak IMO had actual convincing backstory (gamexplain ignoring it made it feel suspicusly more real)

what i was mad at was sakurai thought it was a good idea to end the smash hype train with Ken a echo (who sucks IMO) & incinaroar the most boring meh predictible pokemon pick he could of ever made & who barely anyone actually wanted 800+ pokemon & the dumb obveus marketing choice :/ plus mewtwo is a cat so why ANOTHER cat pokemon ? hell I'll take magickarp over incinaroar anyday.

OH YEAH & Piranha Plant a cut base roster character that no one wanted or asked for a generic mario baddy pushed to promotional DLC we have proof of this

the google leak seams real so far IMO but if it is fake GOOD ! only banjo & joker seam like good picks IMO sure this leak would conferm banjo & I want him but those characters are awful IMO

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Was anyone actually mad at the grinch leak ? i wasn't it was a really good leak IMO had actual convincing backstory (gamexplain ignoring it made it feel suspicusly more real)

what i was mad at was sakurai thought it was a good idea to end the smash hype train with Ken a echo (who sucks IMO) & incinaroar the most boring meh predictible pokemon pick he could of ever made & who barely anyone actually wanted 800+ pokemon & the dumb obveus marketing choice :/ plus mewtwo is a cat so why ANOTHER cat pokemon ? hell I'll take magickarp over incinaroar anyday.

OH YEAH & Piranha Plant a cut base roster character that no one wanted or asked for a generic mario baddy pushed to promotional DLC we have proof of this

the google leak seams real so far IMO but if it is fake GOOD ! only banjo & joker seam like good picks IMO sure this leak would conferm banjo & I want him but those characters are awful IMO
Ken's objectively the best echo. He's the most unique and the most iconic character who got the echo treatment.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
The week of the Grinch leak was legendary, every day there was a different bombshell. I wonder if the truth will ever come out?

domriver

Smash Lord
Its only mid may and im already getting excited for E3 for possible dreams come trues or shattered. lol Heres hoping for Banjo-Kazooie making their grand entrance!!!

Also: lets just talk for a minute about details. You think IF BK is actually in Smash you think Xbox will let Nintendo decide on how they want to fix him up? like detail him will they go for the older looking Nuts N Bolts or from the games in N64?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Also: lets just talk for a minute about details. You think IF BK is actually in Smash you think Xbox will let Nintendo decide on how they want to fix him up? like detail him will they go for the older looking Nuts N Bolts or from the games in N64?
Pacman was Sakurais way or no go. Pacman.
Yes... BK will be up to Sakurai.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Wait, if Incineroar is so predictable, how come his absence wasn't a red flag for Grinch leak's legitimacy?

EDIT: Also I find it weird that being deceived is not a problem for you, as long as the said lie is a pleasant one.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wait, if Incineroar is so predictable, how come his absence wasn't a red flag for Grinch leak's legitimacy?
It was for a lot of people, but leaks aside people thought Decidueye was going to be the Pokemon anyway.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It was for a lot of people, but leaks aside people thought Decidueye was going to be the Pokemon anyway.
Decidueye was mainly a quota thing. Rowlet was the actual member of that family who was super popular.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I’d say the same for this Google Theory and Erdrick. This is another reason I don’t buy this theory.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I’d say the same for this Google Theory and Erdrick. This is another reason I don’t buy this theory.
Again. There was never guaranteed to be a SE rep. Tansuit's source didn't even say Erdrick. Erdrick is Tansuit's personal opinion. Verge released a list of characters. Said Erdrick was his personal opinion. And when a character goes from base game, to first DLC, to "don't worry its still DLC but later" it makes me really doubt a SE rep is coming, If it has been known about for so long. Something more would have come out of it by now.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else notice Nintendo dumped a bunch of trailers today? Do they normally throw that much out at once? Weird that it's also the day after the MM2 direct. Not saying it means anything but it almost seems like Spring cleaning or something lol.

5 within just as many hours lol

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I've got a feeling most of us are being a little too cautious due to the little troll who cried Grinch. Though the Google theory has a few hangups, the semantics are far more connected to Nintendo as opposed to some French printing firm. We already know this cannot be faked, that much we know now. I believe we need to apply KISS, aka Keep It Simple Stupid. Complex explanations for this theory only serve to complicate things.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Its only mid may and im already getting excited for E3 for possible dreams come trues or shattered. lol Heres hoping for Banjo-Kazooie making their grand entrance!!!

Yes. And I'm sure both Sakurai AND Microsoft would go for the older look. Microsoft has been pushing that one lately instead of the N&B one. I could maybe see N&B getting representation (a L.O.G. spirit or whatever) but not through Banjo and Kazooie themselves.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well, well, well, what have we here?

Violante

Smash Apprentice
The funny thing about the Grinch Leak is that, removing the obvious fact that those characters aren't in the game, you still could not disprove it with hard evidence to this day.

D

Deleted member

Considering rare invited 4figures that means rare has an announcement to make at e3

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You have to admit that there's been an interesting set of events happening lately in regards to the Google Theory lineup:

Ninja Gaiden 2 suddenly gets an Xbox One X port
Rumors and whispers that FromSoftware is going to announce a new game at E3, possibly Dark Souls 4
Rare personally invites First4Figures to E3, who have made their Conker and Banjo statues

Could all be coincidences sure, but you have to admit it's interesting

Though in regards to that last one, let's be realistic: It's most likely going to be an announcement of a Battletoads Statue because of the new game

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Well actually there is practically no chance the person who did this faces any sort of repercussions. Nintendo will do exactly what they do for all the people who make fake leaks and renders, nothing. Also there's no real grounds to make a lawsuit so really at most the person would get a C&D but so far the ads actually are to Nintendo's advantage so likely won't do even that. The only thing that would happen is the person who faked it wasted a lot of money and they are a certified ****.
This is not just a fake leak. It is IMPERSONATING NINTENDO and ADVERTISING on their behalf. Not only that, but it’s implicating a business partnership with 4 SEPARATE COMPANIES that, if this IS a fake, have NOTHING to do with Smash Bros DLC. Even if Nintendo didn’t WANT to pursue legal action (but it’s Nintendo, so they totally would), they would risk engendering SERIOUS animosity from those companies for letting someone do this without any ramifications.

I don’t say any of this to be rude or insulting, but we need to stop acting like there is literally zero precedent of companies taking individuals to court over arguably trivial issues. Companies do a LOT over MUCH smaller **** than this.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I've got a feeling most of us are being a little too cautious due to the little troll who cried Grinch. Though the Google theory has a few hangups, the semantics are far more connected to Nintendo as opposed to some French printing firm. We already know this cannot be faked, that much we know now. I believe we need to apply KISS, aka Keep It Simple Stupid. Complex explanations for this theory only serve to complicate things.
I don't want to be that guy, especially since I want the Google theory to actually be real, but you do realize that this line of logic was thrown around a lot by those who believed in the Grinch leak, right? Terms like Occum's Razor were used to justify the Grinch leak's legitimacy, and look how that turned out.

You say it's impossible to fake, but this is the Smash community we are talking about here. More than any other community, there are people who will go out of there way to create fakes through these elaborate bread crumb trails that we investigate into. Legal troubles be dammed, never underestimate the lengths people will go to fool others.

With all due respect, this is a very flawed way of looking at the situation.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
This is not just a fake leak. It is IMPERSONATING NINTENDO and ADVERTISING on their behalf. Not only that, but it’s implicating a business partnership with 4 SEPARATE COMPANIES that, if this IS a fake, have NOTHING to do with Smash Bros DLC. Even if Nintendo didn’t WANT to pursue legal action (but it’s Nintendo, so they totally would), they would risk engendering SERIOUS animosity from those companies for letting someone do this without any ramifications.

I don’t say any of this to be rude or insulting, but we need to stop acting like there is literally zero precedent of companies taking individuals to court over arguably trivial issues. Companies do a LOT over MUCH smaller **** than this.
No, I won't and the simple reason is I have looked up all these things and various related scenarios. And the results of the research have lead me to say that sadly this guy, if faking this, is extremely likely to face 0 consequences. I would love Nintendo to crack down on something like this but there's no precedent for it. Legally this guy is pretty safe.

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
You have to admit that there's been an interesting set of events happening lately in regards to the Google Theory lineup:

Ninja Gaiden 2 suddenly gets an Xbox One X port
Rumors and whispers that FromSoftware is going to announce a new game at E3, possibly Dark Souls 4
Rare personally invites First4Figures to E3, who have made their Conker and Banjo statues

Could all be coincidences sure, but you have to admit it's interesting

Though in regards to that last one, let's be realistic: It's most likely going to be an announcement of a Battletoads Statue because of the new game
I seriously doubt they will release Dark souls 4 because the series came to a conclusion with the 3rd game, at least that's how they put it. However, there were some rumors saying George RR Martín was collaborating with a video-game firm (probably Fromsoft) to make a RPG video-game based on his work. Sounds crazy but given how dark souls and GOT share "similar" genre medieval fantasy, maybe insiders confused this new game with Darksouls 4

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt they will release Dark souls 4 because the series came to a conclusion with the 3rd game, at least that's how they put it.
If Toy Story, Star Wars, and every other marketable series proved anything, it's that an ending is arbitrary. I could easily see Souls 4 happening,

Top Bottom