• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
You might want to put in a few words. Words are generally required for posts and not pictures alone.
Ah, I see. Just got a warning. Thanks for letting me know. I checked the rules but I kinda forgot about that one :nervous:
Oh, but I just re-checked and I guess they don't want people replying to "spam" :lol:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, I see. Just got a warning. Thanks for letting me know. I checked the rules but I kinda forgot about that one :nervous:
It's one a lot of people didn't even know fully existed. Our previous rules did not say "media-only posts are treated as spam", as it solely spoke of insufficient context or just only noted spammy wording alone.

So it's possible you saw an outdated version maybe? I think it could've been updated after you joined too. Regardless, you can always talk to the one who gave you the warning. But hey, now you know the rules better after all, so it's still not a bad thing. :)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So like...

Are people just conveniently forgetting that multiple credible sources outright confirmed the existence of a Square Enix character back before the 11/1 Direct? IIRC, several ERA admins confirmed this, I believe one of them was the Imran guy on that site.

For that reason alone, I feel like I can't trust this leak. Grinch leak broke me when it came to believing stuff like this. And this is even less convincing.
Does this theory implies that the rest of DLC will be revealed sooner than we expect? Because otherwise I cannot think of a way this information got past Nintendo JP and all Sakurai team.
I mean, its too soon to let everyone working at Nintendo around the world know about DLC that won't be launched until probably next year.
Yeah this is another thing. I doubt Fighter's 4 & 5 have much work done since Sakurai made it sound like the first 3 would be the priority until they were finished development. We saw this back in Smash 4 with Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu being launched in one small timeframe and then Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta in another one. If there is info about 4 & 5, it's being kept close to the chest and it's likely no one knows about it outside Sakurai and his team.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So like...

Are people just conveniently forgetting that multiple credible sources outright confirmed the existence of a Square Enix character back before the 11/1 Direct? IIRC, several ERA admins confirmed this, I believe one of them was the Imran guy on that site.

For that reason alone, I feel like I can't trust this leak. Grinch leak broke me when it came to believing stuff like this. And this is even less convincing.

Yeah this is another thing. I doubt Fighter's 4 & 5 have much work done since Sakurai made it sound like the first 3 would be the priority until they were finished development. We saw this back in Smash 4 with Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu being launched in one small timeframe and then Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta in another one. If there is info about 4 & 5, it's being kept close to the chest and it's likely no one knows about it outside Sakurai and his team.
Easy. Really old information that didn't come to full. I've held on to the fact that SE might have been the worst company to work with for a character. So they just wanted to grab cloud and run. If we are going by what these people say also. A SE rep has apparently been known for at least a good year by this point. And we have gotten no information past that. Even Tansuit's source wouldn't clarify what rep it was. Tansuit just decided to go with Erdrick. There is a strong possibly they just heard about the possibly of a SE rep and went along with it in hopes it was an easy guess.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Easy. Really old information that didn't come to full. I've held on to the fact that SE might have been the worst company to work with for a character. So they just wanted to grab cloud and run.
This was back in late-October though. If they felt their sources weren't correct, they wouldn't be saying that. Sakurai confirmed like a week or two later that DLC had been locked in so I really REALLY doubt that. Unless the deal broke through at the very last minute and Nintendo/Sakurai had to scramble for a fifth character. That doesn't add up.

Yeah it's possible that it could have been outdated info but I see no reason to think otherwise especially with the datamine.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This was back in late-October though. If they felt their sources weren't correct, they wouldn't be saying that. Sakurai confirmed like a week or two later that DLC had been locked in so I really REALLY doubt that. Unless the deal broke through at the very last minute and Nintendo/Sakurai had to scramble for a fifth character. That doesn't add up.

Yeah it's possible that it could have been outdated info but I see no reason to think otherwise especially with the datamine.
The thing is also this supposed SE rep kept getting pushed back. First it was supposed to be base game. Then it was first DLC. Then it was a later DLC. They don't seem confident that a SE rep is even coming. They can't even seem to name who it's supposed to be. People have been fighting over the same list of characters for awhile now till everyone settled on Erdrick when Tansuit came into the picture with his opinion. The lack of concrete info about this SE rep when it has been known about for at least a good year makes me think it's not happening.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So there you have it, no random person can just make an advertisement for a company like Nintendo

1557974953558.png

[HMMMMMMMMMM INTENSIFIES]

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The thing is also this supposed SE rep kept getting pushed back. First it was supposed to be base game. Then it was first DLC. Then it was a later DLC. They don't seem confident that a SE rep is even coming. They can't even seem to name who it's supposed to be. People have been fighting over the same list of characters for awhile now till everyone settled on Erdrick when Tansuit came into the picture with his opinion. The lack of concrete info about this SE rep when it has been known about for at least a good year makes me think it's not happening.
IIRC, people thinking SE would be the first character was misinformation. No one saw Joker coming but it's not like they ever backtracked on that claim. And like I said these are sources relatively speaking more credible than Verge.

Of course I won't completely reject the idea of an SE character falling through but it sounds unlikely given Brave and the new DQ game coming out this year.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My grandma could come out saying she made a leak, that's no proof. We got confirmation by google support that no rando can do that lol
Also… >Resetera … lol
Ryce is an insider.

Though now I'm thinking, since it's supposed to be in the Netherlands (due to the .nl domain), that it probably just defaults to the main European site since the page hasn't been made, but I'm not sure.

nintendo.nl does exist, however, so there is actually a site or news thing for the Netherlands.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ryce is an insider.

Though now I'm thinking, since it's supposed to be in the Netherlands (due to the .nl domain), that it probably just defaults to the main European site since the page hasn't been made, but I'm not sure.

nintendo.nl does exist, however, so there is actually a site or news thing for the Netherlands.
My bad I was reading the comment below.
Update: this does not make sense tho, multiple people have been trying it and it has been working for them.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Resetera is smoking some weird ****. They are totally unaware of how this thing actually works lol.
Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 11.09.13 PM.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Resetera is smoking some weird ****. They are totally unaware of how this thing actually works lol.
View attachment 220689
....is...

.....is Ryce trying to damage control? Does he know about it and is trying to hide the truth?

**** im going nervous right now, don't tell i really have to buy a Senran Kagura game. But at least i know nobody would quote me on my bet though.

EDIT: Nah im probably getting to excited for nothing, i mean the wait for E3 is making me desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
....is...

.....is Ryce trying to damage control? Does he know about it and is trying to hide the truth?

**** im going nervous right now, don't tell i really have to buy a Senran Kagura game. But at least i know nobody would quote me on my bet though.

EDIT: Nah im probably getting to excited for nothing, i mean the wait for E3 is making me desperate.
I don't think being wrong is something you can call "damage control" LOL, he doesn't know what he is talking about I think. Check polar panda's post above ^^^

D

Deleted member

The good thing is that this thread is the only one that is taking this theory seriously, so if it turns out to be bogus we don't have to worry about a huge fallout right?

........right?

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
The good thing is that this thead is the only one that is taking this theory seriously, so if it turns out to be bogus we don't have to worry about a huge fallout right?

........right?
Yeah, there's basically a room temperature level of hype for this, which is good. Grinch Leak drove everyone absolutely feral.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol Sabi had to literally step in that resetera thread to clear things up. That's just how incompetent resetera gets :)

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Yup, we still living till E3
Told you guys...dark souls boss fight.

Resetera thought this was another Pinwheel. But it turns out this boss had yet another phase. They got insta killed and are now back at the bonfire.

Artorias ain't done yet.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
You know what I love the most about Ryce going against this? He's also very confident in Banjo being playable. I'll take either side! Dont care who wins!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
The good thing is that this thread is the only one that is taking this theory seriously, so if it turns out to be bogus we don't have to worry about a huge fallout right?

........right?
This thread is that one crazy guy you see in horror movies. They try desperately to warn everyone about the monster/ghost/haunted house/end of the world, but everyone laughs at them and moves on.

D

Deleted member

You know what I love the most about Ryce going against this? He's also very confident in Banjo being playable. I'll take either side! Dont care who wins!
Wait what? Since when did Ryce talk confidently about Banjo?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah pretty sure the reason this hasn't struck much attention is because exactly like Ryce no one is really sure how this stuff works. Simple to just say someone easily faked it and move on.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Wait what? Since when did Ryce talk confidently about Banjo?
Right here, it's not a leak; it's more his personal opinion

1557978078840.png

Also to keep in mind, something I realized recently.

People keep saying "Steve is more popular", but in the context of Smash fighter requests; Steve has only been talked about seriously very RECENTLY, while Banjo has had as Ryce said, two decades of begging and pleading.

Source Gaming's own personal poll where Banjo took first place makes me feel confident that in the context of the Smash 4 Ballot, Banjo blew Steve out of the water. The only reason people are talking about Steve now is due to the recent partnership (That and how he would piss off Banjo fans, but that's a different crowd). With Steve only recently being popular, I'm feeling confident that even without the Google Theory, that Banjo has a clear chance

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Hey guys, what do you make of what this user said on another thread?

https://smashboards.com/threads/ult...he-mario-maker.467706/page-5893#post-23325033
How convenient he leaves out it didn't work with Steve and Erdrick, Who have been completely connected with smash DLC speculation for a year and it doesn't work for them. Tell me how often do you think people were searching for Dark Souls Smash Ultimate before all this happened to make google think it was something it should connect that ad to? Yet people searching "Steve DLC Smash Ultimate" for the last year doesn't trigger the same response from google?

This is EXACTLY why I think it's not just google algorithms doing it's thing. No way in hell google would associate Dark Souls and Ninja Gaidian with Smash dlc and not Steve and Erdrick.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Is it possible that Nintendo did put these ads up, but have no intention of making BRAD playable fighters?

Like they looked at all this and said "Oh ****, the fans might get the wrong idea! Quick! Cut the ads!"

And that why those 4 are left out now?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Is it possible that Nintendo did put these ads up, but have no intention of making BRAD playable fighters?

Like they looked at all this and said "Oh ****, the fans might get the wrong idea! Quick! Cut the ads!"

And that why those 4 are left out now?
Then why target those four characters in particular to begin with?

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Then why target those four characters in particular to begin with?
I don't know.
Google algorithm?

Nintendo ****ing up and trying to fix their mistake?

Maybe one guy at NOE just really, really likes artorias and doomguy.

This whole situation is weird and I'm trying to consider possibilities that involve this theory being false.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is another something against the leak...

What do you all think?

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here is another something against the leak...

What do you all think?
That's not even remotely the same

Amazon is a storefront where anyone can sell their products, of course you could link to an amazon listing for YOUR product. The same principle applies to having a Google Ad lead back to say, your company's public Facebook page.

Nintendo is a private company selling their own products. A random person can't just suddenly decide to be a Nintendo shill and make a google ad, that takes at least 50,000 subscribers on YouTube for that to happen, eh Arlo?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm starting to get tired of arguing over this stuff tbh, and in speculation in general.

I guess I've just been stubborn over B-K, just as I am with Steve. We don't need this thing to be true for B-K to get in, however it would guarantee them if it was, but of course we wouldn't know until E3 or sometime anyway; I guess this is why I paid this much attention to it, along with the other characters seeming cool (especially Artorias imo, after what I've learned about him).

I also tend to feel sensitive, too, so I probably shouldn't be arguing in the first place...just wanted to show some points-of-view, I guess. Not the only thing I've argued over, inb4 I start arguing again heheh. I'm usually happy-go-lucky, but I'm not really feeling that way currently...

Last edited:
Top Bottom