• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It’s just so on the nose without being too direct that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was suppose to be misleading

D

Deleted member

This is pretty much the only place on the internet that says Google Theory is probably real. I think I might go directly to the source and ask Duckmeat about, because I feel I don't have enough info on it.

What I really want is a discussion video between @DuckMeat and @PushDustIn where they consider the pros and cons of it and make it easier to understand
That is something i notced too. Everyone outside of this thread laughs at this theory, but i think it's for the better. I don't want Grinch 2.0.

I unsubscribed from Gameexplain which is unfortunate because they do tend to pump out most quality material, but Jon and especially Andre come across as smug bullies, and we have enough of those on the internet that I don’t want to support them for that reason.
Indeed. I stopped following their content once i noticed how much of a douchbag Andre actually is. and Jon is no better, but it's not surprising since he frequents Resetera, a cesspool of anger and pretnetiousness.

I don't know about Reset, but screw GameFaqs and the ******** that hangout there.
I honestly find Resetera to be far worse than GameFaqs. I mean at least GameFaqs doesn't ban you from saying anything that the mods might disagree with (even trivial things).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I like how the Google theory is something that shouldn't be taken seriously when the box theory was treated as gospel right out of the gate when all it had going for it was "Verge said there was only two characters left!!!"

I remember the counter arguments being the same like. "No way Nintendo would show the remaining character spots so early"

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I like how the Google theory is something that shouldn't be taken seriously when the box theory was treated as gospel right out of the gate when all it had going for it was "Verge said there was only two characters left!!!"
Verge didn't say that. The box theory flew in the face of Vergeben's leaks as he was conflicted over the SE rep and Minecraft stuff.

D

Deleted member

I remember the counter arguments being the same like. "No way Nintendo would show the remaining character spots so early"
The Box theory was more straightfoward and easy to understand. The Google Theory is more complicated and has more variables at its disposal.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Box theory had nothing strong going for it compared to google theory to be honest. The design of how the characters were placed in the box was a placeholder box design and could've been redesigned to fit as many characters they wanted. Making theories on placeholder designs was never a strong thing imo, it's pretty vague. Here now we have a theory that even google confirms can't be a hoax, it's either a mistake or it's real, now THAT is interesting when comparing these two theories lol.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Box theory had nothing strong going for it compared to google theory to be honest. The design of how the characters were placed in the box could've been easily a placeholder box design and could've been redesigned to fit as many characters they wanted. Making theories on placeholder designs was never a strong thing imo, it's pretty vague. Here now we have a theory that even google confirms can't be a hoax, it's either a mistake or it's real, now THAT is interesting when comparing these two theories lol.
I thought you were on team fake.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I thought you were on team fake.
Of what? Box theory? I wasn't really fake team i was more like in skeptical team while others were super suuuuuure it was real. I am a graphic designer so i know how placeholder designs are open to drastic changes, and in game boxes it has been proven many times that they can rearrange stuff pretty differently. Like I said before, they could've easily resized proportionally those artworks to fit as many characters they wanted, not necessarily 2 remaining ones. Placeholder designs is not something ppl should ever be clinging to as absolute proof, regardless of this one in particular turning that way. If you meant Google theory I'm 50/50 on it because it's interesting and it actually has word of Google themselves confirming this can't be faked by regular users, so it's not a hoax at least, it's either a mistake on their own or it's real.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Of what? Box theory? I wasn't really fake team i was more like in skeptical team while others were super suuuuuure it was real. I am a graphic designer so i know how placeholder designs are open to drastic changes, and in game boxes it has been proven many times that they can rearrange stuff pretty differently. Like I said before, they could've easily resized proportionally those artworks to fit as many characters they wanted, not necessarily 2 remaining ones. Placeholder designs is not something ppl should ever be clinging to as absolute proof, regardless of this one in particular turning that way. If you meant Google theory I'm 50/50 on it because it's interesting and it actually has word of Google themselves confirming this can't be faked by regular users, so it's not a hoax at least, it's either a mistake on their own or it's real.
Google themselves confirmed it was Nintendo or wasn't some random guy paying money to advertise Smash?

I think I hear the sound of Ninteninjas invading Google HQ.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm on the same stance as far as Google theory's concerned. It has not 1, not 2 but 3 characters I actively want? Sounds too good to be true.

Interesting to know that this apparently can't be faked tho.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I'm on the same stance as far as Google theory's concerned. It has not 1, not 2 but 3 characters I actively want? Sounds too good to be true.

Interesting to know that this apparently can't be faked tho.
If it takes 3 characters you want to make you doubt it's authenticity you have far more faith than me. Just having Banjo makes me doubt it. Banjo is too good to be true already.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If it takes 3 characters you want to make you doubt it's authenticity you have far more faith than me. Just having Banjo makes me doubt it. Banjo is too good to be true already.
It would really take 2 tbh. But 3 is overkill :laugh:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm reluctant of going all in regardless of what has come out in favor of it. Mostly because of how well set up the fighter pass is. There seems like a severe lack of "this character is only being added to promote something"

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I've decided to believe in the Google theory, if it's real, I don't really mind, at least I got Joker and Banjo.
If it's not real, great, I was fooled once again!
Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm reluctant of going all in regardless of what has come out in favor of it. Mostly because of how well set up the fighter pass is. There seems like a severe lack of "this character is only being added to promote something"
I'm not sure that's their intention, or their only intention; Joker would just be promoting a Warriors-type game Nintendo-wise. I think they're just being added to attract different people to Smash; besides, if they were just wanting to promote stuff or help promote other companies' stuff, Artorias could help promote Dark Souls some, Banjo-Kazooie could promote a potential Switch release of Rare Replay if no one is working on a new game, Doom Slayer would be promoting Doom Eternal and could help sell more copies of Doom 2016, and Ryu would be promoting...Arcade Archives or Switch Online...?

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm not sure that's their intention, or their only intention; Joker would just be promoting a Warriors-type game Nintendo-wise. I think they're just being added to attract different people to Smash; besides, if they were just wanting to promote stuff or help promote other companies' stuff, Artorias could help promote Dark Souls some, Banjo-Kazooie could promote a potential Switch release of Rare Replay if no one is working on a new game, Doom Slayer would be promoting Doom Eternal and could help sell more copies of Doom 2016, and Ryu would be promoting...Arcade Archives or Switch Online...?
I think each character would serve a different purpose.
Joker- sakurai pick
Banjo- fan favorite
???- promotional character
Etc.
It'd be awfully ****ty of Nintendo to pick 5 characters only to advertise something.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, funny circumstances.

I believed in the Grinch Leak. So many things pointed at Golden Sun content, so I fell for it. Loved almost every character from it (particularly Shadow, Isaac, and Mach Rider) While Box Theory only had Ken that kind of interested me (but he was also in the Grinch pack).

FF now, two sides once more spread before me. The Google theory which I get a Grinch 2 vibes from it, and once again, on the red corner, there’s Vergeben, with Tansut as his second, vouching a 100% for Erdrick.

I’m still banking for Verge and Tansut. I’m sure I’ll be wrong for the 3rd time (thanks, Little Shulk) but at least if I’m wrong, and Indont get Erdrick... consolation prize won’t be an echo fighter, it’ll be Doom Guy and Ryu Hayabusa!
(And people will finally get Banjo so I think it’ll make a LOT of people happy).

I’ll still be crushed by the lack of a DQ character, but I’ll just vent the old fashion way. With a double barreled shotgun.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
BRAVE is an anagram for VBEAR, or virtual bear. Banjo confirmed.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I posted on the wrong board lol. But ok, since I’m here, let me tell you a wild thought that crossed my mind the other day.

Brave
Br = bear?
Ave = bird in Spanish

Better than a google theory at least. :)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm gonna need a source on this can't be faked stuff
I wasn't part of the conversation but searching in polarpanda's discord she shared and commented this:
image0.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.48.37 PM.png

Since you're part of the group I believe you can look up the entire conversation since everyone was talking it's kinda a pain in the ass to summarize it all lol but this probably should do, basically someone contacted google support and got that answer.

Attachments

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wasn't part of the conversation but searching in polarpanda's discord she shared and commented this:
View attachment 220661
View attachment 220660
Since you're part of the group I believe you can look up the entire conversation since everyone was talking it's kinda a pain in the *** to summarize it all lol but this probably should do, basically someone contacted google support and got that answer.
Sweet thanks, most of the time I'm on, people aren't really talking about it unfortunately. I'll definitely look up the conversation though

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
View attachment 220661
View attachment 220660
Since you're part of the group I believe you can look up the entire conversation since everyone was talking it's kinda a pain in the *** to summarize it all lol but this probably should do, basically someone contacted google support and got that answer.
So it's literally just did Nintendo purposely target keywords to early or the Google algorithms thought people wanted these four characters in smash and put the ads up for them.

The reason I don't think it has anything to do with the algorithms is because the ad would have came up for Steve and Erdrick. since those two have been so heavily connected to smash speculation for the last year. Google would have totally connected the two

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually believe in the ads, but what i don't believe is the idea that they confirm the characters. The Grinch Hoax teached me that people will do anything to fool the Smash Community into looking like fools, so for me the idea of someone doing this convoloted plan to make ads to mislead the community isn't surprising to me at all (never underestimate human malice, it's far more infinite than Stupidity)

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
View attachment 220661
View attachment 220660
So the possible outcomes are:
-Nintendo did it, but either meant nothing by them, or these characters have nothing to do with smash. Basically a mistake.

-Someone at NOE made an oopsie and put them up too early. Nintendo caught wind and hid them behind a curtain. BRAD are our remaining 4 fighters (best timeline)

-Google algorithm shenanigans :p

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Pretty much yeah either it's real or someone screwed up badly lol, but it's most definitely not faked by random people.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Pretty much yeah either it's real or someone screwed up badly lol, but it's most definitely not faked by random people.
I'm sure someone will still say it was faked by a random person. The betrayal of the Grinch leak runs deep. Somebody obviously paid Nintendo to put up fake ads lets be real here.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Does this theory implies that the rest of DLC will be revealed sooner than we expect? Because otherwise I cannot think of a way this information got past Nintendo JP and all Sakurai team.
I mean, its too soon to let everyone working at Nintendo around the world know about DLC that won't be launched until probably next year.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm sure someone will still say it was faked by a random person. The betrayal of the Grinch leak runs deep. Somebody obviously paid Nintendo to put up fake ads lets be real here.
*gives her a look of disbelief* I am not sure if Nintendo is the kind of company who would put up fake ads just because a person paid them to. I think Nintendo is too good for that. You're not saying it yourself, are you?

D

Deleted member

Okay im gonna be 100% honest with you if this theory is real and/or BRAD (Banjo, Ryu Hayabusa, Artorias and Doom Guy) are all in, im gonna buySenran Kagura Peach Ball and will post a screenshot proving it, and will have a Maki Avatar for a week after the reveal.

In order for this to happen:
1-All Characters must be confirmed, so by the end of the year or early 2020 this bet will end. So this bet will not come into play if only Banjo gets confirmed but the rest doesn't.
2-Even if the Theory is fake and somehow all the 4 characters still make it, the bet still stands.
3-You can quote me on this **** if you want to just to remind me.

Why do i do this to myself?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So my question is, if nintendo made these ads, why are banjo, ryu, doomguy, and artorias now "negative keywords"? Because last night, the ads were coming up for literally everyone except those 4.

Is it possible they don't intend for these characters to be playable, and took them down knowing the community would get the wrong idea?

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
The fact the Brad 4 are lumped up together in all this just makes it that more interesting. They started the theory together and now they share negative keywords together.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The box theory literally showed us direct content via the mockup. We also had some major leaks via Verge that fit into the theory as well, giving a lot more meat to it. The main thing the box had was that it showed we'd have two characters left, as there was little reason to believe more would be on the box. With an extremely strong track record going for Verge, it held a lot more strength. The only part that was a full theory was the idea it had to be an Echo and one fully unique newcomer. Even without Verge, the theory was based upon the exact spots every character was in. Many weren't sure if it would only have 2 left regardless even then. Just that it was likely. There's no way it's similar to the Google Theory, which has nothing really in common here. It's not a blatant picture or information at all.

The Google Theory is a completely different kind of beast, and we needed a lot of time and information to even give a good reason to believe it's real. Information we found out way later, no less. Never mind we had to go out of our way to make it work and sometimes the ads went down, making it difficult to pin down why it could be real. Never mind the hefty research into how ads work.

If you want to get technically, their sole common factors are "it's a theory of who could be playable, kind of" and the fact they're theories, though one was unintentional in that is technically leaked something(the box) while the other may or may not be an accidental leak. We at least knew for sure the box was real.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The fact the Brad 4 are lumped up together in all this just makes it that more interesting. They started the theory together and now they share negative keywords together.
So what exactly are negative keywords, anyway?

Top Bottom