• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Fake how?
Me and Polar know the person who made that fake leak. The Nes titles part is true but everything else is fake. The person counted with that coming true in order to make people believe the rest, lol. It's Dante leak all over again, get something right and wrap it wigh lies to make it believable, it's not that hard.

D

Deleted member

Me and Polar know the person who made that fake leak. The Nes titles part is true but everything else is fake. The person counted with that coming true in order to make people believe the rest, lol. It's Dante leak all over again, get something right and wrap it wigh lies to make it believable, it's not that hard.
Alright, but for the sake of playing devil’s advocate.

What proof do you had that this person made the leak outside of their word at taking credit for it. After all, 4chan is anonymous, leaving plenty of room for anyone to take ownership of whatever is said there.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to correctly guess an upcoming reveal, alongside the reveal date, and the release date. No?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Alright, but for the sake of playing devil’s advocate.

What proof do you had that this person made the leak outside of their word at taking credit for it. After all, 4chan is anonymous, leaving plenty of room for anyone to take ownership of whatever is said there.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to correctly guess an upcoming reveal, alongside the reveal date, and the release date. No?
Well, they got one game right DK Jr which isn't super impressive once you realize the first DK game and DK3 are already on Switch. Next, the reveal date was actually incorrect and I'm pretty sure they have pretty consistently released the NSO games on the first or second of the month Tuesday.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Well, they got one game right DK Jr which isn't super impressive once you realize the first DK game and DK3 are already on Switch. Next, the reveal date was actually incorrect and I'm pretty sure they have pretty consistently released the NSO games on the first or second of the month Tuesday.
The dates were correct, but you are right that the NSO's are revealed every 1st Tuesday of the month. If they nailed all 3 then that would make it believable. Still odd how they guessed DK.Jr correctly. Either way I'd still like proof of the dude who "claimed" credit. If not, no biggie.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
DAMN IT. At least I tried......One last thing I'll post here, waiting for Nintendo announcements is too annoying.

I managed to find a fuller version of this "render" - View attachment 217514

I know the picture above has been discussed before, but I have NEVER seen the picture below shown or dicussed on the Banjo-Kazooie thread. I don't mean to give hope, as it'll hurt me as much as it hurts you. But this render gives me hope, especially since I found the pic below(it took me a long time to find the pic below.)

View attachment 217515
I saw the last photo on 4chan a few weeks or even a month ago on a Banjo Kazooie thread, was the only time I've ever seen it. If this render is fake like most people think I wish the guy who made it would release it to the public, I personally think its a really good render

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
(joke post) Sabi following someone because of a Steve for Smash post...
View attachment 217491
View attachment 217492
Nah, nothing to be worried about there since that's not how Twitter really works. It's just saying "Sabi follows this person, here's one of their tweets". If it showed up in your notifications that Sabi started following them around then, I could see where you're coming from. Also, I looked into their post history a little, and they have other stuff outside of wanting Steve for Smash. It's possible to hold certain opinions and still follow others, so I don't think it's anything worth losing sleep over.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel we're waiting till E3 before we get ANYTHING else, personally. There's a lot riding on this E3 and Smash being a part of it is almost guaranteed what with the Tournament happening in the days prior and whatnot. We just gotta be patient. We're very likely not getting anything till E3.

Mr. Stagg

Nah, nothing to be worried about there since that's not how Twitter really works. It's just saying "Sabi follows this person, here's one of their tweets". If it showed up in your notifications that Sabi started following them around then, I could see where you're coming from. Also, I looked into their post history a little, and they have other stuff outside of wanting Steve for Smash. It's possible to hold certain opinions and still follow others, so I don't think it's anything worth losing sleep over.
Since anniversaries, news from other companies and the like have been ignored it's safe to assume that Nintendo will release these reveals when they please. I would like a direct to pop up and show the next character this month, though it is most likely that we will be getting 1 or 2 on E3.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
E3 is our best bet. If we don't get Banjo-Kazooie there, I fear the chances of them appearing would go much much lower... Maybe the Game Awards at the end of the year, but man, E3, with both Xbox and Nintendo headlining, and Sony M.I.A., well, that's ripe for a collaboration, moreso than any other time.

Who knows though, Cloud was revealed on a random day in a random Direct, and he was certainly the biggest deal of Smash Wii U. Anything could happen, but E3 would be the perfect place for it to happen for numerous reasons.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here is our current masterlist of deconfirmed characters: Dante, Master Chief, Cuphead, Travis Touchdown, 2B, and Ryu Hayabusa

Master Chief: Deconfirmed on Twitter by Frank O' Conner
Cuphead: Not happening, devs have talked about how they WANT to be in
Dante: "Get DmC on the Switch first", and that's only just now happening. The director of the series was under that impression which means he hadn't spoken to Sakurai which means he isn't happening. (Thanks to Org. XIII for wording this better)
Ryu Hayabusa: An interview revealed that the team hadn't talked with Sakurai about Smash, but if they did their first pick would be Kasumi anyway
2B: An interview near the game awards, the exec producer of Nier comments on how Nier wasn't chosen to be in Smash Bros but congratulated Atlus for Joker
Travis Touchdown: Deconfirmed by the creator himself

And some sources:

"Devil May Cry should be on the Switch first"
Interview deconfirming Nier, as cited in one of Papagenos latest videos

The only source I'm having trouble finding again was the interview about Kasumi and Smash Bros, but it's out there

D

Deleted member

Maybe just maybe if they do a q&a during the mc 10th if Jen is there along with others and if someone asks steve in smash and if they say no...then it’s all over for him

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Speaking of Frank O' Conner...what do we make of this old tweet of his back in December regarding Banjo being in Smash?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Speaking of Frank O' Conner...what do we make of this old tweet of his back in December regarding Banjo being in Smash?

He's just messing around

Mr. Stagg

I doubt Frank would know anything about it. This tweet just sounds like incoherent babble on the matter. Sounds like Pinocchio trying not to lie in Shrek 3.

Edit: Should we at least consider Steve for the soft deconfirm spot? Not a hard deconfirm like Chief, but the events with Aubry, Sabi's journalist and the Minecraft Discord shouldn't be overlooked.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I might be reaching but does the Xbox twitter's profile picture remind anyone of something
Imagine at e3 we see the smash logo, similarly to when Inkling was revealed, followed the logo flashing to the flaming Xbox logo with a "Guh-Huh!"

I would have a heart attack right then and there

Mr. Stagg

Imagine at e3 we see the smash logo, similarly to when Inkling was revealed, followed the logo flashing to the flaming Xbox logo with a "Guh-Huh!"

I would have a heart attack right then and there
I can see this playing out similar to the inkling reveal. Only this time Banjo and Kazooie see the flaming smash logo and look surprised, only for them to walk towards it, pull out some marshmallows and make smores with the logo.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Here is our current masterlist of deconfirmed characters: Dante, Master Chief, Cuphead, Travis Touchdown, 2B, and Ryu Hayabusa

Master Chief: Deconfirmed on Twitter by Frank O' Conner
Cuphead: Not happening, devs have talked about how they WANT to be in
Dante: "Get DmC on the Switch first", and that's only just now happening. The director of the series was under that impression which means he hadn't spoken to Sakurai which means he isn't happening. (Thanks to Org. XIII for wording this better)
Ryu Hayabusa: An interview revealed that the team hadn't talked with Sakurai about Smash, but if they did their first pick would be Kasumi anyway
2B: An interview near the game awards, the exec producer of Nier comments on how Nier wasn't chosen to be in Smash Bros but congratulated Atlus for Joker
Travis Touchdown: Deconfirmed by the creator himself

And some sources:

"Devil May Cry should be on the Switch first"
Interview deconfirming Nier, as cited in one of Papagenos latest videos

The only source I'm having trouble finding again was the interview about Kasumi and Smash Bros, but it's out there
Call me selfish, But I really don't care, The way I see it the less competition the better, If thay's what it takes then so be it.

At the end of the day all I want is Banjo-Kazooie in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Call me selfish, But I really don't care, The less competition the better, If thay's what it takes then so be it.

At the end of the day all I want is Banjo-Kazooie in Smash.
Surprised Steve wasn't on the list considering how wherever anyone connected to Microsoft is asked about Steve in smash. It's always some sort of "laughs oh you're serious? Well uh...." Response. Sure you can say all those people are so low level they won't know anything. But it is kinda interesting to see how people feel about a character that is from their most successful game.

Alex even seems to get more advertising space then Steve does as of late. Or when Steve is there. He tends to be with Alex. Maybe Alex is the character and Steve is the alt skin for her. :4pacman:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Surprised Steve wasn't on the list considering how wherever anyone connected to Microsoft is asked about Steve in smash. It's always some sort of "laughs oh you're serious? Well uh...." Response. Sure you can say all those people are so low level they won't know anything. But it is kinda interesting to see how people feel about a character that is from their most successful game.

Alex even seems to get more advertising space then Steve does as of late. Or when Steve is there. He tends to be with Alex. Maybe Alex is the character and Steve is the alt skin for her. :4pacman:
A dev for the Switch version actually liked the idea of Steve or a Creeper in Smash.

As for the advertising stuff, yeah it sucks, but at least Steve is the OG and he's in the 10th Anniversary artwork. He was also in the April Fools thing this year without Alex but seriously why don't they use them together a lot more, like they used to. I guess they could be letting their marketing guys take a lot of liberties, as the 1.14 trailer had what looked like "Bluestone" or blue redstone, which was disconfirmed.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

It means Blinx should come back.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
For anyone who goes on /v/ (and honestly I don't know why I do) the 7's get in thing is happening again and somehow Banjo keeps getting those 7's

Mr. Stagg

For anyone who goes on /v/ (and honestly I don't know why I do) the 7's get in thing is happening again and somehow Banjo keeps getting those 7's
I've sworn off it, but please send me that link. I'm always game for the 7s

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Asked someone to translate that article about Nier not being in Smash

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So there you go, 2B is off the table

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Asked someone to translate that article about Nier not being in Smash

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So there you go, 2B is off the table
The real reason why 2B isn't in smash, is because she knows the camera can be controlled when it's paused. She doesn't want anyone looking up her skirt.:4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is hurting my brain

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
"Ok everyone get in the frame. We are all in this together! Saaaaay Microsoft!" *click*
okeveryonegetintheframe!.png

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
While I'm primarily a fan of Halo/Master-Chief I think the ideal situation would be for Banjo-Kazooie to be the Microsoft DLC character (assuming Microsoft gets a rep) for this 5 DLC character pack set.
Cause even though I've never played those games I think the character has a lot of older fans and tbh Banjo-Kazooie based off the moveset videos I've seen looks like they'd be a top 10 favorite character for me to play if they were in!
Then, Halo, Minecraft, and maybe even Cuphead could all get costumes for the Miis and I think the characters from those games could fit neatly into the Miis custom movesets! Certainly better than Banjo-Kazooie would!
At this point, I really am convinced this is the most likely scenario.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Jeez, Plant really tanked the standards for Smash inclusion, didn’t it?
On the one hand, Shy Guys are one of the most well-defined characters in the Yoshi series and I've been wanting them for ages. On the other hand, yes, it did.

A dev for the Switch version actually liked the idea of Steve or a Creeper in Smash.
As for the advertising stuff, yeah it sucks, but at least Steve is the OG and he's in the 10th Anniversary artwork. He was also in the April Fools thing this year without Alex but seriously why don't they use them together a lot more, like they used to. I guess they could be letting their marketing guys take a lot of liberties, as the 1.14 trailer had what looked like "Bluestone" or blue redstone, which was disconfirmed.
A creeper assist trophy would be a very welcome addition. A minecraft character would not.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
BTW E3 is coming in slightly over a month (Tuesday 11th).
Gonna have to take off from work that day and see what Nintendo has to offer, just like last year!

D

Deleted member

Top Bottom