• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
So I've been testing out the Mii Sharing feature today and I wanted to share a Mumbo Mii for you guys. At first I tried to make the classic version but it didn't work out too well, but I did manage to make a Nuts & Bolts Mumbo as close as I could. As far as his face goes.

Mumbo.jpg

Alright guys, I just had an encouraging thought. Hear me out. If Joker’s dlc is any indication, it looks like the only spirits we’ll get with the pack are characters from the same series. With that said, I don’t think the JFG/Blast Corps spirits may actually mean anything significant. HOWEVER, I do think that eliminates the fear that Banjo could end up being a spirit with Steve, like a lot of people were afraid of. And with Rare’s total silence, I think that’s another positive sign in Banjo’s favor

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Alright guys, I just had an encouraging thought. Hear me out. If Joker’s dlc is any indication, it looks like the only spirits we’ll get with the pack are characters from the same series. With that said, I don’t think the JFG/Blast Corps spirits may actually mean anything significant. HOWEVER, I do think that eliminates the fear that Banjo could end up being a spirit with Steve, like a lot of people were afraid of. And with Rare’s total silence, I think that’s another positive sign in Banjo’s favor
I don't think the fear was ever that Banjo would be a spirit, and more that he'd be a mii costume.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think it is a case of either or

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think it's reasonable to think that Sakurai would go all out with rare properties since Banjo isn't just one game like Joker is.

Banjo has stared in 3 games (not counting other games he might have been playable in) And there are many more Rare games that had presence on Nintendo consoles. They could easily go all out with Rare references. Since Banjo can be considered the face of Rare as well.

Joker is all about Persona 5. So it makes sense that everything that would come with Joker be related to Persona 5. The things that aren't were Mii costumes you had to pay for separately and some music.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think it's reasonable to think that Sakurai would go all out with rare properties since Banjo isn't just one game like Joker is.

Banjo has stared in 3 games (not counting other games he might have been playable in) And there are many more Rare games that had presence on Nintendo consoles. They could easily go all out with Rare references. Since Banjo can be considered the face of Rare as well.

Joker is all about Persona 5. So it makes sense that everything that would come with Joker be related to Persona 5. The things that aren't were Mii costumes you had to pay for separately and some music.
Technically he has starred in 6 games, and appeared in one other (Diddy Kong Racing).

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Banjo Pilot
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Banjo Kazzoie: Nuts and Bolts
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing With Banjo-Kazooie

When you're name's in the title, it's a starring role. The SEGA game is more of a guest starring role, but still starring.

SKX31

Smash Master
Can we just talk about how there is a Spirit battle of Joker being controlled by himself and several other people. And we are supposed to assume to Spirits still can't be fighters?
To be fair, the Phantom Thieves of Heart as a group are a major factor in P5's story, so it isn't that outlandish. But yeah, would've preferred someone else as a Spirit Battle like Jack Frost or Arsene.

Still, the fact that they removed the shooting minigame from the DLC board proves my point from a page or so back (even though I missed the chance then). The fact that you can effectively sell a Spirit twice makes the shooting minigame effectively meaningless (since you can just brute-force it and still recoup much of the cost or even get a profit 90 % of the time).

I won't consider it too big though. It's clear that most don't play with Spirits (nor the Boards), and they're separated to themselves effectively.

Well, there's more than enough Spirits for at least 11-12ish if not more:

1. (Legend) Gruntilda
2. (Legend / Ace) Mumbo Jumbo
3. (Ace) Humba Wumba
4. (Ace) Bottles
5. (Advanced) Jam-Jars
6. (Advanced) L.O.G *
7. (Advanced) King Jingaling
8. (Novice) Jinjo
9. (Novice) Boggy
10. (Novice) Gobi
11. (Novice / Advanced perhaps?) Tooty

(*Before you scream that L.O.G. should be damnatio memoriae'd (the Ancient Roman way of scrubbing all traces, records etc.), Nintendo put in Sticket Star Bowser as a Legendary AND as the upgrade to Paper Bowser. Likewise, Infinite's in as an Advanced Spirit.)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Technically he has starred in 6 games, and appeared in one other (Diddy Kong Racing).

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Banjo Pilot
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Banjo Kazzoie: Nuts and Bolts
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing With Banjo-Kazooie

When you're name's in the title, it's a starring role. The SEGA game is more of a guest starring role, but still starring.
I have to admit that I constantly forget about the GBA games because I never had the chance to play them when they were released. My GBA library consisted of Pokemon games and some licensed shovelware.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
1. (Legend) Gruntilda
2. (Legend / Ace) Mumbo Jumbo
3. (Ace) Humba Wumba
4. (Ace) Bottles
5. (Advanced) Jam-Jars
6. (Advanced) L.O.G *
7. (Advanced) King Jinjo
8. (Novice) Jinjo
9. (Novice) Boggy
10. (Novice) Gobi
11. (Novice / Advanced perhaps?) Tooty
But do all these characters have official artwork they can use for Smash?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mementos literally changes appearence when musics originating before Persona 5 plays. Plus, P3 and P4 character art is made by same artist with P5 and owned by the same team.

It's just speculation but all Spirits being from one game seems like artistic choice than Sakurai needing to limit himself with one game.

SKX31

Smash Master
But do all these characters have official artwork they can use for Smash?
Upon further inspection? Nooo, not really. Gobi and King Jingaling lack one each it seems, Boggy has but it's the Nuts & Bolts design (there are quite a few here who would scream if those designs were used - especially if some spirits use the N&B designs and others use the Kazooie / Tooie designs).

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I think its a bit strange there was so few spirit battles for Joker. The spirit potential is quite expansive, obviously not every enemy/persona can be added due to the uh...sexual nature of them, but its missing alot of side characters as well.

Completing the whole board was relatively quick. I hope they add more in the future.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Upon further inspection? Nooo, not really. Gobi and King Jingaling lack one each it seems, Boggy has but it's the Nuts & Bolts design (there are quite a few here who would scream if those designs were used - especially if some spirits use the N&B designs and others use the Kazooie / Tooie designs).
An official render is an official render. The characters in nuts and bolts are still the same characters.

SKX31

Smash Master
An official render is an official render. The characters in nuts and bolts are still the same characters.
Yea, they are. I'm saying that since in that case we are going to have those people who'll say something like this:

"Nuts and Bolts render? HERESY! BURN, BURN, BURN TO THE GROUND! Kazooie / Tooie renders ONLY!"

I don't think the fear was ever that Banjo would be a spirit, and more that he'd be a mii costume.
Well, the Mii costumes also seem to be an interesting situation. They only added other Persona characters as Mii costumes, and while they did also add Tails and Knuckles, they are technically just returning costumes. So it’s hard to say

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
They could just go the Mother route and use in game sprites/models for Banjo. Just go to DKVine. They have a lot of isolated character images from the games in their galleries.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
I had a dream last night where Banjo & Kazooie were confirmed but now I'm awake and sad

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Any data mined info yet?
Well we now know for sure Joker was in fact Jack. And his stats changed a bit between the initial datamine a few months ago to now

So in conclusion: Trying to guess who Brave is through the stats is useless since it can all be changed at launch

Also a few new Spirits were found: Nintendo Labo Spirits, Peachette, Labo VR Headset, and some indie game characters I think

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Well we now know for sure Joker was in fact Jack. And his stats changed a bit between the initial datamine a few months ago to now

So in conclusion: Trying to guess who Brave is through the stats is useless since it can all be changed at launch

Also a few new Spirits were found: Nintendo Labo Spirits, Peachette, Labo VR Headset, and some indie game characters I think
Obviously in-development character stats aren't set in stone and are subject to change, but it didn't change incredibly drastically did it? Did they do anything like, say for example, go from a fast rushdown character to a slow Ganondorf-esque bruiser? I think stats can still be good for getting a general idea of who a character could be as long as the character concept isn't changing.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
To stick with Joker I have a nagging feeling that the censored bloodspray from Jokers FS is telling for the chanses of Doom Slayer. As cool as it would be to have big angry shooty man, I have a feeling the big guy is too brutal to make it into Smash. I know Joker sorta broke the "No gun" rule, though that gun was more of a model airsoft gun made to look like a real gun.

This also sorta bleeds into my theory that FPS characters like Doom slayer and Steve are not suited for Smash. Heck, the Breegull Blaster sections in Tooie have more personality suited for Smash.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
This also sorta bleeds into my theory that FPS characters like Doom slayer and Steve are not suited for Smash. Heck, the Breegull Blaster sections in Tooie have more personality suited for Smash.
Samus is technically an FPS character, thanks to Metroid Prime.

Also, please explain how Steve is an FPS character

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Samus is technically an FPS character, thanks to Metroid Prime.

Also, please explain how Steve is an FPS character
Samus debuted in a 3rd person game which most of her moveset references, Charge shot, Bombs, missiles, screw attack. Plus Smash 64 had Samus before Prime so that comparison is moot.

Minecraft is technically an FPS because Minecraft is played strictly in 1st person. Not a FPS by traditional standards, but it still has the 1st person aspects. Plus you can shoot arrows from what I remember.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I haven’t experimented with this too much but Joker and Mii swordfighter have similar characteristics. For instance, they have similar jabs and nairs. Joker is faster and jumps higher, but perhaps swordfighter was used with Jack as a base even if his stats were changed eventually. This may bode well for our Duck Hunt/Mii Swordfighter theory a while back.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
To stick with Joker I have a nagging feeling that the censored bloodspray from Jokers FS is telling for the chanses of Doom Slayer. As cool as it would be to have big angry shooty man, I have a feeling the big guy is too brutal to make it into Smash. I know Joker sorta broke the "No gun" rule, though that gun was more of a model airsoft gun made to look like a real gun.

The Injustice games were perfectly okay with featuring Scorpion and other MK characters with the blood and guts removed. And fighting against clearly semi-cartoon characters such as Hellboy. The characters came off as essentially the same - Scorpion still has the "breathes forward a portal to MK Hell and toss the loser into it" I don't think you need blood in Smash at all - Ganondorf's sword swings and Bowser's dropkick proves you can have people feel like they've been hit by a freight train without any blood coming out.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman

tumblr_inline_p7bikzIBnx1rzarn3_500.jpg

Don't make me explain Doomguy again...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, after calming down from the utter bullcrap that was the server mess yesterday, I've been playing quite a bit with Joker, and honestly, once you get a bit of a grasp of how he works, he's pretty fun. Admittedly, if you're like me and you suck at using counters, then there's a bit of a learning curve with him, and I feel like his gun attacks are kind of useless. But he is pretty solid with combos, his Side Special is very useful regardless of which state it's in, and once he summons Arsene, he is definitely a fun force to be reckoned with. Overall, I'll need to play around with him more to determine where I'd place him on my overall list, but he is a very fun character and I don't regret purchasing him through the Fighter Pass.

Hopefully, the other Fighter Pass characters can prove to be the same.

Top Bottom