• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Victory poses? Easy

1: Animation from when a Jiggy is collected in Banjo Kazooie, Banjo holds a Jiggy up in the air before Kazooie eats it
2: World complete animation, excited dancing followed by bowing
3: Banjo celebrates right until Kazooie starts pecking at him, based partially on their various idle animations

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Victory poses? Easy

1: Animation from when a Jiggy is collected in Banjo Kazooie, Banjo holds a Jiggy up in the air before Kazooie eats it
2: World complete animation, excited dancing followed by bowing
3: Banjo celebrates right until Kazooie starts pecking at him, based partially on their various idle animations
Agreed with the first two, but I’d love their last victory pose to be this, with Kazooie's kazoo added for Kazooie ^^

1555248227884.gif

But that's, once again, the beauty of Banjo & Kazooie (which is what I believe the game would call them even though Banjo-Kazooie is the preferred term I call them for ease and the name of their game series), everything about them is practically tailor-MADE for Smash Bros. Their personalities, their movesets, their animations, their music, their stages, they all fit perfectly like Jiggies on a world map with the Smash logo or Battlefield for Ultimate as the portrait they put the Jiggies on to!

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If they got in should they be called Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo & Kazooie? I thought Banjo-Kazooie was just the name of the IP and that if you had them as characters it would make sense to call them Banjo & Kazooe since they are two seperate characters.
Banjo & Kazooie

They're a duo of two characters, Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo-Kazooie is just the game's name.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Was this anyone's doing a little bit ago? I'm dying of laughter.

Mod Edit: be sure to spoiler and warn for minor inappropriate content

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Was this anyone's doing a little bit ago? I'm dying of laughter.
And people say Steve fans work too hard to belittle other characters.

You'd think if someone makes this much effort for one character, it'd be a character they like.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
And people say Steve fans work too hard to belittle other characters.

You'd think if someone makes this much effort for one character, it'd be a character they like.
I wish I knew how to rhythm that well in the very least. That takes some skill.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yo guys, what are your top 10 games of all time?

For me:

1. Smash Ultimate
2. Mother 3
3. Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask
4. Super Mario World
5. Sonic Mania
6. Super Mario Galaxy
7. Pikmin
8. Super Monkey Ball
9. Super Mario RPG
10. Donkey Kong Country
1. Goemon's Great Adventure
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. Banjo-Tooie
6. Banjo-Kazooie
7. Super Mario 64
8. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
9. Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon
10. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
So... I've been holding off on talking about Steve. I dont want to come across as a jerk, but it's starting to get annoying. Ill probably get a lot of flak for this... but whatever.

I'm noticing that some of you are referring to "Steve" as a "character". Stop. He isnt one. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He doesnt have a SINGLE quality or trait that you could use to describe him other than his name and appearance, which even then isnt unique when you look at Minecraft as a whole.

Origin? Background? Motives? Goal? Personality? Feelings? Interactions of any kind? Nothing. He is LITERALLY just a skin and nothing more. Even higher ups in Mojang apparently agree with this.

They didn't mention him even ONCE in Minecraft story mode, and they even took out the grunting noise that he used to make when injured in Minecraft. The only thing that actually made him seem "alive".

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in Smash, or that you cant like him or anything like that. Im not bashing anyone or anything. He has plenty of potential as a Smash fighter, and Minecraft being in Smash in some form would be fantastic imo. I just think it's ridiculous when phrases like "fans of the character" or "character from the Minecraft series" are used when referring to Steve. Its not accurate.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I mean honestly, I just think the idea of using customizable avatar characters as our big guest characters is just lame. Ordinary Nintendo charcters like Villager or Robin are one thing, but I think there should be a higher standard for third parties.

I was honestly glad that Sakurai decided to represent Monster Hunter just through an assist trophy and a boss fight in the single-player modes, rather than forcing in a playable "Hunter" character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So... I've been holding off on talking about Steve. I dont want to come across as a jerk, but it's starting to get annoying. Ill probably get a lot of flak for this... but whatever.

I'm noticing that some of you are referring to "Steve" as a "character". Stop. He isnt one. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He doesnt have a SINGLE quality or trait that you could use to describe him other than his name and appearance, which even then isnt unique when you look at Minecraft as a whole.

Origin? Background? Motives? Goal? Personality? Feelings? Interactions of any kind? Nothing. He is LITERALLY just a skin and nothing more. Even higher ups in Mojang apparently agree with this.

They didn't mention him even ONCE in Minecraft story mode, and they even took out the grunting noise that he used to make when injured in Minecraft. The only thing that actually made him seem "alive".

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in Smash, or that you cant like him or anything like that. Im not bashing anyone or anything. He has plenty of potential as a Smash fighter, and Minecraft being in Smash in some form would be fantastic imo. I just think it's ridiculous when phrases like "fans of the character" or "character from the Minecraft series" are used when referring to Steve. Its not accurate.
According to Cambridge Dictionary, 'character' as a noun means "the particular combination of qualities in a person or place that makes them different from others".

In Steve's case, his differentiating qualities are limited to his appearence and name. Referring him as a character isn't wrong, just like it's not wrong to call Mr. Game & Watch or Miis characters. They are just very flat characters.

SKX31

Smash Master
Oh come on. It's just supposed to be fun.
However, there's a very fine line between that and "becoming just like what one hates" and all that.

Really, it's not far from metaphorical "Banjo vs. Steve" trench warfare via words - I strongly doubt that will end with the Smash announcement (for example, if Banjo gets into Smash but not a new game, hoo boy you guys are going to hear a LOT of "Banjo's Microsoft's Captain Falcon now! Haha!". And really, what does it all change at the end of the day?

If people here derive such emotional satisfaction from "Showing the rival the door, haha!" then I'm really starting to get disillusioned.

BZocky

Smash Ace
By these standards ROB, Miis and Mr. Game & Watch shouldn't be in the game.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
According to Cambridge Dictionary, 'character' as a noun means "the particular combination of qualities in a person or place that makes them different from others".

In Steve's case, his differentiating qualities are limited to his appearence and name. Referring him as a character isn't wrong, just like it's not wrong to call Mr. Game & Watch or Miis characters. They are just very flat characters.
Eh. I guess. But at that point, we are arguing that he qualifies as a character because he... exists.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh. I guess. But at that point, we are arguing that he qualifies as a character because he... exists.
I thought we are arguing that you trying to patronize other people's choice of words without making your research.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
By these standards ROB, Miis and Mr. Game & Watch shouldn't be in the game.
Read the last paragraph in my post, please. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be in Smash.

Though I will say, that point is very weak. Just because its been done before doesnt mean it should happen again. I hate absolutely loathe Miis, and I dont much care for the other two.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Are none of you aware that R.O.B has a deep backstory of being a masked leader in an oppressive regime where he sends his own people off to die for a higher power?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Killing haters of your character with kindness won't work that well if their character's chances end up being toast forever.

I mean, let's consider the following: Steve really just has a relatively cult following for Smash. Outside of that, the rest of the MC fanbase are either kids, or hardcore fans that couldn't care less about Smash and are more interested with expanding the spin-offs and worldbuilding. The minute Steve gets officially disconfirmed, whatever bandwagoners that were supporting him will leave, with only a small group of well-intentioned, devoted followers supporting him after that.

Exacerbating the issue is that there are other Microsoft characters to support that are more appealing, including Master Chief, Rash and even Fulgore. Honestly, it's a bit of a gut punch to realise that even the guy who wears a mask 100% of the time is more interesting than you.

Now, I acknowledge that I could be wrong about any of this, but I have a hard time seeing Steve's fanbase hold up after Ultimate's speculation ends.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
I thought we are arguing that you trying to patronize other people's choice of words without making your research.
Your "research" is looking at the literal definition of the word and applying the bare minimum to make it work. I said it was fine, but very weak.

If I go outside and give a name to a rock, do you consider it a character? It now has two qualities that make it unique, thats fine by you, right? Cmon dude.

In that definition, I'm reading "a particular combination of qualities in a person or place". Which qualities in particular are we talking about? And is Steve a person or a place?

Nice try, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Read the last paragraph in my post, please. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be in Smash.

Though I will say, that point is very weak. Just because its been done before doesnt mean it should happen again. I hate absolutely loathe Miis, and I dont much care for the other two.
Basing your arguments on your personal feelings is also a pretty weak way to make a point.

D

Deleted member

This is going to be pretty much my only post on this thread. I'm pretty much neutral on BK and Steve, but looking at this thread makes me wonder: if Steve is not a threat anymore due to info released before, why focus so much on him?

The only thing that I can say about the whole Banjo-Steve conflict is that it is one of many pointless things in Smash. If you're angry by 4chan or any other place trolls, you're pretty much wasting your anger as they will simply switch to other characters eventually if Banjo is revealed. They can't actually lose since they give zero ****s in who gets in Smash outside of making other people angry.

The only thing the continuous hate is going to do is create more anger, especially if the actual Steve fans grow in size and strength. Just concentrate in pushing for your Bear and Bird, make or share cool fanart, share moveset ideas or stage ones, and hope for the best. Remember that BK is not guaranteed and making enemies of other groups is a awful idea in general.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Now, I acknowledge that I could be wrong about any of this, but I have a hard time seeing Steve's fanbase hold up after Ultimate's speculation ends.
Well considering his fanbase for Smash literally only popped up after leaks his support will absolutely die off after he does. Very few characters are able to retain popularity after not being added especially after growing due to leak exposure.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Oh can we please not get back into fighting again? I bet if the Steve posters said derogatory things towards us Banjo fans, especially if Steve gets in over Banjo & Kazooie, you’ll all be salty as Salty Joe’s fries! Can’t we all just get along and not besmirch other characters that people like? I don’t mind Steve either way, and I’m not gonna be mean to people that like him. Let’s keep this forum hate free, please? Banjo-Kazooie fans need to be better than this.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Mr. Game and Watch is a hard working middle class man that needs to take multiple jobs to make ends meet to support his family. While at the same time needing to deal with an oppressive society that doesn't support 2d single color characters.

Villager is a hard working mayor who has to do everything for their town. The only citizen that does anything to help is Isabelle. While all the others keep asking the mayor to deal with all their problems as they don't want to do anything. The villager spends countless nights staring up at the ceiling wondering how they are going to keep it all together, knowing they are the only reason the town hasn't fallen apart from dismay. But every morning they wake up and force a smile, knowing no one else will. They really care for their town and want to see everyone be happy. Even if they currently aren't.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Basing your arguments on your personal feelings is also a pretty weak way to make a point.
As opposed to your flawed assessment of the definition you tried to use as support?

Like I said in the previous post, I can argue that Steve isnt a "person or place". Go ahead, look at the definition of "person". Doesnt apply to Steve, either. It proves my point when we can go in this deep and it still doesn't work. So thanks for that.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
I'm honestly puzzled that the Ninten and Porky fans haven't started tearing each other apart yet, even though there's no guarantee that more than one Mother character could get in. Sadly I don't think that'll hold up forever...
Porky and Ninten are from the same universe/series so it's a completely different situation than we have here. It's like if Banjo/Kazooie and Conker were viewed as the most likely MS reps instead of Banjo/Kazooie and a completely different pick.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Porky and Ninten are from the same universe/series so it's a completely different situation than we have here. It's like if Banjo/Kazooie and Conker were viewed as the most likely MS reps instead of Banjo/Kazooie and a completely different pick.
Yeah, but in our current situation Banjo/Kazooie fans mostly don't seem to notice that the Conker fans even exist, overall.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I have already stated before that I flatout don't like Minecraft and Steve ,But man is it really getting old and annoying to see some random cheapshots out of the blue, Many here are trying to have a decent conversation and then we have that one person who randomly has to post some "Cheapshot" out of nowhere and then the whole thread goes to hell, It's a constant cycle that repeats every once in a while in this thread and it sucks.

It's like "Ok, We get it, We've been through this before" For some people who don't like MC, some of you guys sure do like to bring it up and constantly make it the main topic.

I can't wait for E3 or the whole DLC cycle to come soon so we can finally get some closure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mr. Game and Watch is a hard working middle class man that needs to take multiple jobs to make ends meet to support his family. While at the same time needing to deal with an oppressive society that doesn't support 2d single color characters.

Villager is a hard working mayor who has to do everything for their town. The only citizen that does anything to help is Isabelle. While all the others keep asking the mayor to deal with all their problems as they don't want to do anything. The villager spends countless nights staring up at the ceiling wondering how they are going to keep it all together, knowing they are the only reason the town hasn't fallen apart from dismay. But every morning they wake up and force a smile, knowing no one else will. They really care for their town and want to see everyone be happy. Even if they currently aren't.
What about the miis? or nah?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have already stated before that I flatout don't like Minecraft and Steve ,But man is it really getting old and annoying to see some random cheapshots out of the blue, Many here are trying to have a decent conversation and then we have that one person who randomly has to post some "Cheapshot" out of nowhere and then the whole thread goes to hell, It's a constant cycle that repeats every once in a while in this thread and it sucks.

It's like "Ok, We get it, We've been through this before" For some people who don't like MC, some of you guys sure do like to bring it up and constantly make it the main topic.

I can't wait for E3 or the whole DLC cycle to come soon so we can finally get some closure.
Or, TLDR;

933.jpg

I just want that damned second pass character to be shown so that there's something new to talk about.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Steve is a poor man stuck in a world where he has to fight many monsters (including exploding plant-like ones that are related to pigs) and gather animals and crops to survive, all while trying to stay creative and build nice things or be silly and go on adventures for his entertainment. During his adventures he met a nice girl named Alex who shares similar qualities but prefers different things from him, but they get along and have a nice life with a wolf called Noname.

D

Deleted member

Steve is a poor man stuck in a world where he has to fight many monsters (including exploding plant-like ones that are related to pigs) and gather animals and crops to survive, all while trying to stay creative and build nice things or be silly and go on adventures for his entertainment. During his adventures he met a nice girl named Alex who shares similar qualities but prefers different things from him, but they get along and have a nice life with a wolf called Noname.
Clippy is a paper clip which goes on adventures by paper clipping docs on your computer. ever since then he was never used again.

Sad story right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom