• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Monster Hunter has a boss but no rep
I know that... I'm not saying Ender Dragon would mean Steve. Any MS character would fight him... in a way I'm saying it would gain more credence to a MS character coming because what character already in Smash makes sense fighting Ender Dragon. I also have yet to see Rathalos at the end of anyone's classic mode. I think I've seen most of the bosses by now.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Monster Hunter has a boss but no rep
That's not really the question at hand. What SuperiorYoshi means is in what scenario would you fight Ender Dragon?
Duck Hunt's
final boss in Classic mode is Rathalos, and at this point every Classic mode has been played as every character, and Ender Dragon isn't one of the bosses. Who would play against Ender Dragon if he was a Day 1 Patch?

Now, what could happen is some new mode where you vs. bosses or extra battles or something.

Honestly, I think that the Day 1 Patch might have something other than just an update for bugs / replay additions, but I don't think we're getting any substantial content. I sure would love to be wrong though!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
That's not really the question at hand. What SuperiorYoshi means is in what scenario would you fight Ender Dragon?
Duck Hunt's
final boss in Classic mode is Rathalos, and at this point every Classic mode has been played as every character, and Ender Dragon isn't one of the bosses. Who would play against Ender Dragon if he was a Day 1 Patch?

Now, what could happen is some new mode where you vs. bosses or extra battles or something.

Honestly, I think that the Day 1 Patch might have something other than just an update for bugs / replay additions, but I don't think we're getting any substantial content. I sure would love to be wrong though!
From what I've heard: update patch may have some of the remaining missing modes?

I know that... I'm not saying Ender Dragon would mean Steve. Any MS character would fight him... in a way I'm saying it would gain more credence to a MS character coming because what character already in Smash makes sense fighting Ender Dragon. I also have yet to see Rathalos at the end of anyone's classic mode. I think I've seen most of the bosses by now.
Ahh gotcha. My mistake

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Duck Hunt's

Thanks you worded my question better than I did ha ha, that's what I meant!

Maybe there will be more content but it's locked in preparation for a future patch, they did that with Smash Wii U and 3DS hence all the data mine spoilers. Those Rare games in the code and a possible locked MC boss could be building towards something!

xenother

Smash Apprentice
Getting online claiming to be a leaker and then calling people’s arguments high school level drama seems pretty condescending to me
I'm not calling anyone's arguments high school level drama. What is high school level drama is people screenshotting full PM's and spreading them around, and trying to leak my personal information.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm not calling anyone's arguments high school level drama. What is high school level drama is people screenshotting full PM's and spreading them around, and trying to leak my personal information.
While I do think people are being unnecessarily aggressive towards you, you sort of had to see this coming. People can be pretty ruthless to leakers, especially ones that aren't as direct as people would like. I get that you have your reasons for not sharing more, but it's not something that sits well with people.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Seeing a MS character that isn't Steve like Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, Battletoads or Fulgore fight the Ender Dragon would be pretty funny tbh. If we see Enderdragon but no Steve shortly before or after, then I think Steve wont be in at all, like how I think we would've seen Monster Hunter join along the Rathalos reveal. Which means better possibility for Banjo and Kazooie, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It doesn't help that a huge pile of people go around posting fake leaks for e-peen, so you don't know who's wrong and who's right.

At that point, you might as well just ignore everyone and wait for something to happen.

Seeing a MS character that isn't Steve like Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, Battletoads or Fulgore fight the Ender Dragon would be pretty funny tbh. If we see Enderdragon but no Steve shortly before or after, then I think Steve wont be in at all, like how I think we would've seen Monster Hunter join along the Rathalos reveal. Which means better possibility for Banjo and Kazooie, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up :laugh:
Well, people care more about Minecraft's setting than anything. At the library job I work at, some unofficial Minecraft spin-off book series aren't even about Steve at all, like this one:

81AE9ereGeL.jpg

Also, Luigi fights Dracula at the end of his Classic Mode, so characters squaring off against bosses from their home series doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It doesn't help that a huge pile of people go around posting fake leaks for e-peen, so you don't know who's wrong and who's right.

At that point, you might as well just ignore everyone and wait for something to happen.

Well, people care more about Minecraft's setting than anything. At the library job I work at, some unofficial Minecraft spin-off book series aren't even about Steve at all, like this one:

View attachment 181293
Yeah people who post fake leaks are bland. Like if I came up and decided to say “oh Bottles is in Smash” complete with fake image then that’s not leaking, that’s faking.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but galaxy brain theory time

Banjo's 20th anniversary is on the night of the game awards, Phil Spencer went to lunch with Nintendo at E3, and Rareware is in the credits.
Might not be a good time to get hopes all the way up, but this might be something to really consider.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ok I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but galaxy brain theory time

Banjo's 20th anniversary is on the night of the game awards, Phil Spencer went to lunch with Nintendo at E3, and Rareware is in the credits.
Might not be a good time to get hopes all the way up, but this might be something to really consider.
Banjo's 20th anniversary was in June....

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Banjo's 20th anniversary was in June....
True, but for the Western release, anyway. What he meant was relating to the 20th anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie's Japanese release, which was published on December 6th, 1998.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
My only concern is that it would have been better to announce something at X018 instead of this. A Banjo announcement at the Game Awards would be extremely random, unless they push something like "a classic reborn" or something. What would they promote?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Game Awards actually makes the most sense for the announcement because it's the only place where both Nintendo and Microsoft (and Rare) are all in attendance for the same event/show, where they all make their own reveals. Otherwise, Nintendo would have to join a Microsoft stage or vice-versa. Here, it'd all naturally fall into place. Not that it has to happen here and in this way, but it would be a timely way to do it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Game Awards actually makes the most sense for the announcement because it's the only place where both Nintendo and Microsoft (and Rare) are all in attendance for the same event/show, where they all make their own reveals. Otherwise, Nintendo would have to join a Microsoft stage or vice-versa. Here, it'd all naturally fall into place. Not that it has to happen here and in this way, but it would be a timely way to do it.
And X018 was a **** show outside of the multiplatform games they covered, so I would be fine with this.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
True, but for the Western release, anyway. What he meant was relating to the 20th anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie's Japanese release, which was published on December 6th, 1998.
I'm not sure a Japanese release date would be a point of interest for a western video game show personally. I feel like they won't ever announce something JUST because of an anniversary with Banjo now that his official 20th has passed. Unless it's a 25th thing or something, and if that's how long we have to wait I'm dreading the next 5 years!

I think the Game Awards makes sense even with the anniversary stuff aside. Everyone will be present (Nintendo, Microsoft, Rare), its a western event and Banjo is more-so a character wanted by the western audience (although he’s also pretty popular in Japan). What better place to make that announcement? It would be like when they announced Ridley at E3, which is also a western event and Ridley is also more-so of a western wanted character.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Not too mention it would be a huge surprise to help push the fighters pass for Smash. Microsoft has money to gain with the DLC as does Nintendo so I'd imagine the main reason to do it would be to announce something big while "the world watches" sort of thing. Not to mention the Game Awards has that franchise that deserves to come back catagory. Which is weird that it pops up now and of course the Bear and Bird are on it. I don't think it would have as much to do with a Banjo anniversary as it would with it being a stage with all attention on whatever they announce. Could also be alongside a tease for a future Banjo project.

D

Deleted member

I think the Game Awards makes sense even with the anniversary stuff aside. Everyone will be present (Nintendo, Microsoft, Rare), its a western event and Banjo is more-so a character wanted by the western audience (although he’s also pretty popular in Japan). What better place to make that announcement? It would be like when they announced Ridley at E3, which is also a western event and Ridley is also more-so of a western wanted character.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I must be blind or dumb as hell but I can't find this category of VGA about "franchise that has to come back" or whatever it's called. Can anyone screenshot it or link it? if it's confirmed for this year's VGA i mean

Not too mention it would be a huge surprise to help push the fighters pass for Smash. Microsoft has money to gain with the DLC as does Nintendo so I'd imagine the main reason to do it would be to announce something big while "the world watches" sort of thing. Not to mention the Game Awards has that franchise that deserves to come back catagory. Which is weird that it pops up now and of course the Bear and Bird are on it. I don't think it would have as much to do with a Banjo anniversary as it would with it being a stage with all attention on whatever they announce. Could also be alongside a tease for a future Banjo project.
Yeah, I can’t imagine them waiting months and months before finally revealing anyone from the Fighter Pass. Makes sense for them to make the first reveal sooner than later instead of keeping it a secret forever

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I must be blind or dumb as hell but I can't find this category of VGA about "franchise that has to come back" or whatever it's called. Can anyone screenshot it or link it? if it's confirmed for this year's VGA i mean
I think there's a bit of misunderstanding with this one. The "Most wanted series reboot" or whatever category is part of the Gamer's Choice Awards that was posted a bit ago. This is *not* the same as The Game Awards.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm definitely taking that idea with a grain of salt. It'd be nice, but I've been burned one time too many to get my hopes up. At least we'll have the game in our possessions by Friday! Hope to see you all on the battlefield!

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
The circumstances around the VGAs and the reasons why its the perfect place to make a third party announcement, especially a western one does make complete sense, however I just expect a Prime 4 trailer and thats about it from Nintendo.

I'm not gonna hold my breath, just because it feels like there might not even be anything to show its so early in the DLC dev cycle, unless theyve agreed and planned something like Banjo around mid-year this year, probably around E3 time or October. Also it was pretty recent since the last Smash announcement I think they're using Piranha Plant to tide people over until at least February to make the first announcement.

But who knows, I'll watch the VGAs because its a trainwreck of cringe, but man it'd be a great place to announce Banjo.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

Doubly this for TGA leaks that I've been seeing around lately. The actual event is two days away, it's much easier to just wait and see what happens instead of stressing over whether or not insiders are legit about what's going to happen. If something happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Knowing two days early isn't going to change anything.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think there's a bit of misunderstanding with this one. The "Most wanted series reboot" or whatever category is part of the Gamer's Choice Awards that was posted a bit ago. This is *not* the same as The Game Awards.
Ah no wonder I heard something similar not so long ago but had nothing to do with VGA. lol

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I started thinking up some ideas for Classic Mode after seeing some gameplay and understanding how it works. What if Banjo-Kazooie’s Classic Mode involved them going through characters and stages from their Nintendo 64 games?

EDIT: Forgot the title: “Change the System!”

Stage 1: :ultmario:, :ultpeach: & :ultbowser: on Princess Peach’s Castle

Stage 2: :ultfox:, :ultfalco: & :ultwolf: on Venom

Stage 3: :ultyoshi: on Yoshi’s Story

Stage 4: :ultfalcon: on Big Blue

Stage 5: :ultpikachu:, :ultmewtwo: & :ultpokemontrainer: on Pokémon Stadium

Stage 6: :ultyounglink: on Great Bay

:ultganondorf: and Beast Ganon

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I started thinking up some ideas for Classic Mode after seeing some gameplay and understanding how it works. What if Banjo-Kazooie’s Classic Mode involved them going through characters and stages from their Nintendo 64 games?

Boss: :ultganondorf: and Beast Ganon
This is pretty good, but there should definitely be some Donkey Kong in there somewhere. Maybe ditch young Link since Ganon already represents Ocarina of Time, and we have Banjo face off against Diddy Kong, as a nod to Banjo's debut in Diddy Kong Racing?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is pretty good, but there should definitely be some Donkey Kong in there somewhere. Maybe ditch young Link since Ganon already represents Ocarina of Time, and we have Banjo face off against Diddy Kong, as a nod to Banjo's debut in Diddy Kong Racing?
I was having Young Link representing Majora’s Mask, though maybe having :ultdk:, :ultdiddy: and :ultkrool: on Jungle Japes representing DK64? What stage would Banjo face Diddy on for DKR? I’m assuming Figure-8 Circuit?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I was having Young Link representing Majora’s Mask, though maybe having :ultdk:, :ultdiddy: and :ultkrool: on Jungle Japes representing DK64? What stage would Banjo face Diddy on for DKR? I’m assuming Figure-8 Circuit?
Yeah, hopefully Banjo could bring a little Diddy Kong Racing music with him so that it could play during their face-off.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice

EDIT: Forgot the title: “Change the System!”

:ultganondorf: and Beast Ganon
What about going through the stages of Banjo & Kazooie's own game? It could be called "Rescue Tooty":

Stage 1: (Spiral Mountain) Small Donkey Kong (as Bottles I guess) on Spiral Mountain, assuming this is their stage. Or else on Gaur Plain.

Stage 2: (Treasure Trove Cove) Sonic (he looks most like Snacker?) on Tortimer Island or Great Bay.

Stage 3: (Bubblegloop Swamp) Squirtle (Tiptup), Greninja (Flibbits), K. Rool (Mr. Vile) on Balloon Fight.

Stage 4: (Gobi's Valley) Snake (just for his name) on Mushroomy Kingdom or Gerudo Valley.

Stage 5: (Mad Monster Mansion) white Kirby (he can pass as a ghost) on Luigi's Mansion.

Stage 6: (Click Clock Wood) Pikachu, Pichu and Pacman (their colors are most like the bees') on Yoshi's Island.

Boss: (Final Battle, duh) Big Bayonetta. ...Or Gruntilda. (pls Sakurai) on Streetpass Quest.

I'm sure I missed some obvious better ideas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom