• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Let's hope for a N64 Classic announcement today, as GamingIntel said.
Then again, they did say no Incineroar.

Folt

Smash Ace
Speaking as someone who never wanted it in, Piranha Plant looks like a legit awesome, cool character to be fighting as. And I guess that's what Sakurai sees.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
After the slaughtering of fan favorites in the now infamous November 1st Smash Direct, I feel Banjo and Waddle Dee are the only two left on top of the corpses.

Banjo is kinda like Kirby after that cutscene.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Most people I know HATE incinaroar (2 legged furry!) but japan LOVES HIM! &/or he was a grninja kinda deal maybe ?

Ken is an echo so he is fine i guess

Piranha Plant WHAT EVEN WHY ? Cleary this games "Retro" & "WTF" Charater like did he get a lot of ballot votes ? what kind of 4chan prank its this ?
BUT can we all agree that this Piranha Plant is Waluigi's Pet from his Mario Party 3 Artwork ? it be more fun/funny that way IMO

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Well we were extremely optimistic though, it's clear that Microsoft wouldn't let their character be featured in the main roster of a competitor's game. DLC sounds extremely plausible though! Think about it, the grinch fakes did nothing but raise hype for our characters, Sakurai and co. must be aware of the people's requests regarding B&K. I think they'll be in sooner or later.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Speaking as someone who never wanted it in, Piranha Plant looks like a legit awesome, cool character to be fighting as. And I guess that's what Sakurai sees.
You're going to need to buy it before the limited offer runs out.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
We're not out of this yet. Avoiding the deconfirmation slaughter is a feat, and a perk of being third-party.

We've still got a chance, and if some insane Cloud supporter back in Smash 4 could hold on, then so can we.

Klimax

Smash Ace
In my opinion, Banjo & Kazooie never had a chance for the base game but I think that they're nearly a lock as DLC.

Look, if they make Banjo as a DLC: 1. It will be easier for Microsoft and Nintendo to make a fair deal.
2. Microsoft will use it to see if people are still interested in Banjo-Kazooie.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
After the slaughtering of fan favorites in the now infamous November 1st Smash Direct, I feel Banjo and Waddle Dee are the only two left on top of the corpses.

Banjo is kinda like Kirby after that cutscene.
Spirits are like a super simplified version of trophies so, if anyone was shown as a Spirit, that doesn't rule them out, especially since several playable characters like Male Wii Fit and Kaptain K. Rool were shown to be Spirits too. If they weren't shown as a Mii Costume or assist trophy, they're still in the running as far as I'm concerned.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
i don't know if he will be dlc or not you can show your support without me, that is my last reply good bye everyones and never give up on your dreams.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's fair. Mewtwo and Lucas had regular trophies in SSB4 so I'll accept that for now. Sakurai basically confirmed that the DLC characters were decided back in 2015 so it's very, very heavily implied that the Ballot is going to play a key role in DLC.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I bet everybody was ready to s*** their pants when the assist trophies montage was gonna start and characters were being killed (Decomfirmed) rapid fire,

Luckliy I knew all along that Banjo-Kazooie was immune to becoming an Assist Trophy and think he has a really strong chance for DLC.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Banjo-Kazooie always made far more sense as a DLC pick than the base game.

On the bright size Banjo can never be de-confirmed or an Assist like other characters because they wouldn't get the rights from Microsoft to use him for that, so he has a chance for DLC.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
we need a coordinated campain effort to got to Sakurai, phil, rare, & nintendo ! we need to do it on MASS! & nonstop ! We NEED to work fast ! as they will begin DLC soon & we need them to pick banjo ! WE CAN DO THIS ! but we need a good organiser

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Let us be honest with ourselves...

WHO WANTED THE PLANT!?!?!?
This was the biggest punch to the balls from nintendo in the smash area if I've ever seen it.
Oh you wanted all these other characters...well SCREW the fans my name is Sakurai HERE IS A PLANTI hope all those people's votes for the smash ballot were wasted because here is a punch to the balls!!

Your welcome fans you got the bad ending, double thanos, deleted save file.

I swear if banjo or any of the other characters we have been asking for is not DLC
Sakurai...do you really care about the fans?!?!?
Honestly I'm not surprised, every Smash game has a "WTF" character that they decide to release.

I personally thought it was hilarious the way they revealed him. I am a massive Banjo/Isaac/Geno supporter, but I genuinely thought it was ****ing genius, because it is so out of left field that absolutely nobody expected it to happen.

Regarding Banjo and this thread, it's probably too early to name it "Game over", as Banjo wasn't seen ANYWHERE in this direct. Not a spirit, not an assist trophy. The chances for the bear and bird are still high.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I have slight hope that some fan favorites can survive being spirits, and maybe come back as DLC. However, being that there are only 5 promised DLC fighters so far, that's not nearly enough to resurrect everyone.

I pray this game has more than 1 season, 2 or 3 seasons preferably. And all the characters are popular choices they had to set aside because they didn't have time to fit them in the final game due to a rushed 2018 deadline. Maybe Spirits are his way of saying he hasn't given up on us fan camps, and is working on satisfying us, but we all had a (fairly i might add) kneejerk reaction.

I hope that is the case, but until i see some DLC i am not purchasing a Switch or Smash. I hope the DLC isn't just random Pirhana Plant style characters and that this was just a big setup. I hope we all get what we want eventually. But it will take time to see, and in the meantime i am stepping away from this game and community since i won't be purchasing it and no more speculation can be had.

Pray for Banjo. Pray for Spirits to rise. God what a day. I hope spirits truly aren't decinfirmations

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
This is why I took CosmicQuark CosmicQuark 's advice and kept my expectations minimal and took every leak I saw with at least one grain of salt. That said, this direct excited me, and I got a good laugh out of Piranha Plant. It's also very funny to me that the Piranha Plant's pot has the same indents in it that were in its Mario Party 3 artwork. And when using poison breath, its colors change to those of a Putrid Piranha from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It's those little details that make these games amazing.

Incineroar looks amazing, all of my WWE friends are super excited for him and I'll probably be giving him a try myself.

I await the Grinch leaker to show us how he did it. I also don't doubt that characters like Dixie Kong, Geno, and Banjo will be DLC, perhaps with CGI cutscenes.

Now, I know Dixie and Geno are Spirits (honestly, the Spirits are just Stickers from Brawl on steroids lol) but keep in mind that Lucas and Mewtwo were "promoted" to fighter status after appearing only as trophies in Smash 4. It's still within the realm of possibility that the aforementioned characters can appear. As for Banjo, like what's been said here a couple posts earlier, he's probably the "safest" of all the Grinch leak characters (he and the Chorus Kids). It's not Game Over, not yet!

Don't conflate keeping your expectations low with losing all hope. It's possible to maintain hope and expect less, and it's always a win-win: if you're wrong, you're not as disappointed, if at all. If you're right, your expectations were exceeded and the hype is 10-fold. Expectations are somewhat like investing money. If you put a lot of money into a project or business that fails, then you'll feel the impact more than if you only put in some change. The main difference is your emotional response to being right isn't quite reciprocal to the money you get when you make a smaller investment. That said, I can perfectly understand why so many of you were deeply immersed in this leak. It looked extremely convincing. But it was a leak nonetheless, and leaks are supposed to incite healthy skepticism rather than blind optimism. I was on team "Looks good, but we'll see." The gloating memes posted here were pretty funny too.

Keep your heads up!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If Banjo-Kazooie can appear on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch as DLC/Character Pack with Mario and Co. Than there shouldn't be a problem of them appearing on Super Smash Bros Ultimate as DLC.

I'm Very Optimistic.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, now that we've calmed down a bit, allow me to present my ideas for at least four of the five upcoming DLC Characters:

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Geno
3. Skull Kid
4. Bandana Dee

If anyone has any ideas for who the fifth one could be, I'd like to hear them!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's a blessing in disguise. Since even regular-ass enemies can get in now as if it were Mario Party (probably got invited by :ultdaisy:, too), this may be Bandana Dee's best chance, since he could appear as an amalgam of every Dee possible.

If Banjo-Kazooie can appear on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch as DLC/Character Pack with Mario and Co. Than there shouldn't be a problem of them appearing on Super Smash Bros Ultimate as DLC.

I'm Very Optimistic.
Exactly. While indies are still going to be passed over (a bit odd, given the Nindies movement), big name Western third parties seems to be the next logical boundary to break now.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
So, now that we've calmed down a bit, allow me to present my ideas for at least four of the five upcoming DLC Characters:

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Geno
3. Skull Kid
4. Bandana Dee

Skull Kid got decomfirmed, He's an assist

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Geno
3. Skull Kid
4. Bandana Dee

Skull Kid got decomfirmed, He's an assist
I think Rayman might have a chance, but we'll see what happens months from now (boy, that'll be a long wait).

JonSmash

Smash Ace
IDK guys Verg was right again & he said that Steve WILL BE PLAYABLE ! & I saw no minecraft content in that direct......& verge has said nothing about banjo at all.............

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
IDK guys Verg was right again & he said that Steve WILL BE PLAYABLE ! & I saw no minecraft content in that direct......& verge has said nothing about banjo at all.............
He may have won this round, but he hasn't seen Piranha Plant coming either. He has 4 more tries to beat Sakurai to character reveals, otherwise he'll be KOed.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Guys, this is like a full out war thats going on right now.
No Issac
No Shantae
No Shadow

The Grinch is F**king dead
Incineroar is in

And the only two I see still standing are Geno and Banjo, their final shot is DLC

Its not GAME OVER just yet Banjo-Roos, we have one last chance as DLC.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, this is definitely the worst case scenario. I prepared myself for the Grinch banner being fake--but I could not have prepared for this. Box Theory was right? 103 Stages was right? And no Banjo? :facepalm:

My biggest disappointment is when Sakurai talked about DLC. Adding Piranha Plant--yikes. He can literally add anybody, regardless if it makes sense. And with 5 fighters through 2020--it's a very limited DLC roster to boot. And seeing Piranha isn't on the banner is the most disappointing aspect at all--and one of the reasons I was really hoping Banjo would be base game--my worst fear was right, DLC characters are probably not added to the banner. We will likely never get to see official art with Banjo along with everyone else. DLC characters, like Smash 4, regardless of their status, are still treated less than.

With all of my harsh feelings out of the way, I want to remind myself--I was sold on the game at E3, everyone is here. It's a monumental achievement. But this will still be the first Smash game where none of the newcomers appeal to me personally. It's both the benefits and downside to Ultimate--pretty much every character I want is here. All that's really left, for me personally, is Banjo.

At least we can be hopeful that many are speculating Banjo as DLC. I believe Sora will be the Game Awards, but--hopefully at some point Banjo. At this point, it'll just be great to play as them. Keep your spirits high, and hope for the best.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Vergeben never directly stated that Steve would be playable, only that it was a possibility considering his belief that there would be Minecraft content.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, this is definitely the worst case scenario. I prepared myself for the Grinch banner being fake--but I could not have prepared for this. Box Theory was right? 103 Stages was right? And no Banjo? :facepalm:

My biggest disappointment is when Sakurai talked about DLC. Adding Piranha Plant--yikes. He can literally add anybody, regardless if it makes sense. And with 5 fighters through 2020--it's a very limited DLC roster to boot. And seeing Piranha isn't on the banner is the most disappointing aspect at all--and one of the reasons I was really hoping Banjo would be base game--my worst fear was right, DLC characters are probably not added to the banner. We will likely never get to see official art with Banjo along with everyone else. DLC characters, like Smash 4, regardless of their status, are still treated less than.

With all of my harsh feelings out of the way, I want to remind myself--I was sold on the game at E3, everyone is here. It's a monumental achievement. But this will still be the first Smash game where none of the newcomers appeal to me personally. It's both the benefits and downside to Ultimate--pretty much every character I want is here. All that's really left, for me personally, is Banjo.

At least we can be hopeful that many are speculating Banjo as DLC. I believe Sora will be the Game Awards, but--hopefully at some point Banjo. At this point, it'll just be great to play as them. Keep your spirits high, and hope for the best.
Maybe Piranha Plant will be added closer to when it gets released?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
If we go by verge he said there IS minecraft content & sakurai showed off how he is doing DLC:
1 character ,1 stage, & 1 song? (not sure if more then 1 song)

so if he knows about a minecraft stage & its not in base game I think logic would say its steve being playable (B/C I doubt it would be banjo with a minecraft stage)

& verge also said a Square Enix DLC character is happaning

SO as of right now its most likely
1:Steve 2:Geno? or other Square rep? 3:??? 4??? 5??? & Bonus DLC Character: A Fricking Pirahna Plant?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
If we go by verge he said there IS minecraft content & sakurai showed off how he is doing DLC:
1 character ,1 stage, & 1 song? (not sure if more then 1 song)

so if he knows about a minecraft stage & its not in base game I think logic would say its steve being playable (B/C I doubt it would be banjo with a minecraft stage)

& verge also said a Square Enix DLC character is happaning

SO as of right now its most likely
1:Steve 2:Geno? or other Square rep? 3:??? 4??? 5??? & Bonus DLC Character: A Fricking Pirahna Plant?

Just one more Shot man, Banjo's final Chance is through DLC, I hoped he would be apart of the base Game and included with the Main story mode, but that was too much I guess...

Everything is looking dull and gray at the moment but that little shimmer of hope called DLC is what is keeping me positive, we Banjo Bros just have to pull through until the end.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Here's an idea: how about instead of jumping to conclusions (like assuming Steve is DLC over Banjo-Kazooie) and making things worse, we just calm down and wait to see what happens.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I am still nervous for Minecraft Steve over Banjo but I feel like Banjo will win out

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Game Over? Not yet. No assist trophy confirmation. There’s still DLC. 5 more chances if piranha plant doesn’t count as one.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Game Over? Not yet. No assist trophy confirmation. There’s still DLC. 5 more chances if piranha plant doesn’t count as one.
The Piranha Plant isn't one of the five "Fighter Pass" Fighters; it's just an extra character that'll be free for a limited time, but then will probably cost less than the others.

Top Bottom