• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

mikey661

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mikey661
3DS FC
5429-8052-2152
I fondly remember jamming out to Banjo-Tooie when i was 5-6 years old, blowing up the final boss and thinking that I just conquered one of the hardest things in the whole world. Me and my mom discovered that there was a first game called Banjo-Kazooie, that I haven't played (I started on Tooie), and I was going insane about it. Beat it as well and my childhood basically was entirely encompassed by that darn bear and bird. Eventually on television we saw a commercial for Nuts n Bolts, so playing that game and seeing banjo simply come to life was enough to make me love the game despite its gameplay being bland.

I love banjo, and he and kazooie are quite literally my favorite video game mascots of all time. I realized that for this long dark period of him being inactive that I've just been craving some sort of revival for him. I don't care if its even on the DS, or a show, or anything. I just want banjo to be alive again, even if its for one more game.

I've been waiting so long, and smash ultimate has brought with it a possibility to see this treasured character come back. To see banjo breathing air again, rendered in smash ultimate's fantastic engine would mean so much.

All of the moves he can take from his games, all of the music they can remix and remaster from his games, and the stages they could pick and give life to... Sakurai has so much emotion at his disposal.

I'm so ready for thursday. Let's go.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Hey, came here from the Isaac forum. I came here to wish you guys some luck. Even though I only played Banjo Tootie,
I think Banjo deserves to be in the roster just as much as Isaac and Geno should.

GreekGamer

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker and with the Final Direct before release, I made an account to show support for the characters I want.

Banjo-Kazooie has been a game that I've always wanted to play (ever since my friend told me about it when I first got my 64) because it looks fun, the character designs are great, and it has gotten so much praise. Banjo and Kazooie are characters that I felt like have deserved a spot in Smash for literal years and I'm honestly surprised they haven't been in yet. Ultimate seems like a celebration of video games and it would be shocking to not see Banjo and Kazooie in.

So here's hoping that the Rare Pair is in, whether the Grinch Leak is real or not!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hey, came here from the Isaac forum. I came here to wish you guys some luck. Even though I only played Banjo Tootie,
I think Banjo deserves to be in the roster just as much as Isaac and Geno should.
Thanks! And like with Geno, I hope Isaac gets in as well! While I'm not really as familiar with "Golden Sun", I do know that Isaac specializes in Earth magic, which I think would be pretty unique and possibly fun to play with! Plus, it would be neat for the current "Holy Trinity" of wanted Smash characters (Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac) to all be in this game; it would truly be worthy of being called "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" at that point!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I have to say I am sick and tired of these stupid insiders claiming that out of nowhere they now know the roster, but back in August not a single one of them knew K. Rool or the echoes where In the roster.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally don't expect Banjo to be announced in this first November Direct but rather the second and final one. I feel he's being saved for last for obvious reasons.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Personally don't expect Banjo to be announced in this first November Direct but rather the second and final one. I feel he's being saved for last for obvious reasons.
I feel like if this is the final Smash direct before the game comes out, they're gonna go all out and show as much as possible. Whatever other Direct we get this upcoming month will probably not have anything involving Smash unless they end up leaving something out.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible they save Banjo for an announcement at the Xbox conference a week after or the rumored second Nintendo Direct?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Is it possible they save Banjo for an announcement at the Xbox conference a week after or the rumored second Nintendo Direct?
I really hope not. They should be shown on a Nintendo Direct. Not after the fact. Makes it feel like they're still on a ball and chain.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I’m unsure. It would make more sense for a Nintendo Direct (this coming one) for me. Maybe the conference could act as a follow-up to his inclusion (merchandising, and if we are the luckiest ducks on Earth, a new game).

Just talking up a wall, it’s just speculative. Luckily, we’ve not much longer at all to wait. :)

In fact, if Banjo isn’t announced but Grinch leak is confirmed, we can definitely expect them at that rate!

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Best Case: Banjo is included on Thursday direct
Good Case: Shown on Xbox Confrence
OK Case: Shown at Game Awards
Worst Case: Not in game

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, even if there DOES end up being a second Nintendo Direct this month (which even then, feels unlikely considering they just had one back in September), I doubt that they'd hold off on ANY character for that Direct; this is confirmed to be the final Smash Direct before the game comes out; I severely doubt that they'd pull something like revealing all but one character and save it for another Direct later that isn't even Smash focused...that just doesn't make sense. No, whether the Grinch Leak is real or not, I'm confident this upcoming Smash Direct will be revealing all the remaining characters in the base game. The ONLY thing I can think of to reveal later is possible DLC, but even that seems unlikely since Sakurai seems focused on finishing the base game first.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I don't know about the rest of you, but assuming that the Smash Direct reveals all of the remaining base roster characters, then as soon as the Character Showcase playlist is updated, no matter what happens, I'm going to be marathoning ALL the Character Showcase videos in celebration of all of characters finally being revealed!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, even if there DOES end up being a second Nintendo Direct this month (which even then, feels unlikely considering they just had one back in September), I doubt that they'd hold off on ANY character for that Direct; this is confirmed to be the final Smash Direct before the game comes out; I severely doubt that they'd pull something like revealing all but one character and save it for another Direct later that isn't even Smash focused...that just doesn't make sense. No, whether the Grinch Leak is real or not, I'm confident this upcoming Smash Direct will be revealing all the remaining characters in the base game. The ONLY thing I can think of to reveal later is possible DLC, but even that seems unlikely since Sakurai seems focused on finishing the base game first.
I disagree. Sakurai knows that a later announcement is the only surprise he'll be able to give us now.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I disagree. Sakurai knows that a later announcement is the only surprise he'll be able to give us now.
But that still doesn't make sense; if it were a huge reveal, you'd think that he'd want to save it for a Smash Direct where he can also about said character. Plus, again, there's only roughly a month left until the game releases; holding off on any base character reveals doesn't really do much of anything at this point, especially if the Grinch Leak turns out to be true.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
OHHHHH I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS!!!

What if in Banjo's reveal trailer he uses the tower on couldron keep to bring Luigi back to life. I think that would be a cool callback to banjo-tooie.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Sry for double post but,
WHO IS HYPED FOR THAT DIRECT ON THURSDAY?!?!?

What are you looking forward to the most aside from characters? (items, stages, music, single player etc.)

For me personally it is the music and the single player, with a little bit of assist trophy on the side.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Sry for double post but,

What are you looking forward to the most aside from characters? (items, stages, music, single player etc.)

For me personally it is the music and the single player, with a little bit of assist trophy on the side.
That sweet sweet music (especially if Banjo makes it) and the possible story mode

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ahh, memories.

I was just thinking about when I used to speed run Banjo-Kazooie and I beat the game in about 3 hours or less in one sitting. And I did it again and again, trying to finish the game faster and faster if possible.

Sometimes I miss being a 1990s teenager.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sry for double post but,

Seeing a major Banjo-Kazooie appearance on a Nintendo console in nearly 20 years and the likely return and debut of their classic N64 look in HD and in a CGI cinematic interacting with other Nintendo All-Stars (Hopefully DK and Diddy maybe Mario too.) Which many think will be the final reveal to close out the direct.

It will really feel like we have come full circle with this whole Rare Buyout from Microsoft and Banjo-Kazooie never being utilized and will never appear in Super Smash Bros or Nintendo consoles again to the impossible actually happening and seeing them finally return after such a long hiatus on Nintendo consoles and what better way to return than the biggest stage of them all that is Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
And so the wait is nearly over to see if the Bear & Bird truly made it! Can't wait until Thursday for all of this speculation mess to be over at last!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hope if Banjo-Kazooie are in they rhyme and we hear the gibberish they say when speaking. Hopefully Gruntilda makes an appearance in some form.

Rooting for you guys.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
ok My thoughts on each newcomer...

Daisy-cool but were is walui-oh.....
Inklings-No DUH! we all knew it
Ridley-WHAT?!?! sakurai you @&$* LIER!
Simon Belmont-never saw or heard a huge demand for him until gamexplain covered his leaks by verge
Richter Belmont-WHO?
Chrom-we all knew it but thought he would be an ike clone not ROY?!?!?!
Dark Samus-she floats ??? cool
K. Rool-ABOUT *$*#( TIME !!! IT TOOK FOREVER FOR HIM TO HAPPEN!!! should of been in brawl (current best smash revile ever....until guh-huh)
Isabelle-SHE NOT AN ECHO!
Geno-THE GREATIST UNDERDOG STORY EVER TOLD ! A ONE OFF ERELIVENT CHARACTER ! AMAZING! I LOVE IT! (now we need fawful!)
Chorus Kids-they where only added B/C of all the gamexplain leak coverage & the "proof they where cut from smash4" made poeple want them IMO
Mach Rider- 1 dose he fight on a bike ? & 2 where the exitebike echo at ???
Ken-obvious clone is obvious (but there is so much room for mere echo! like bloodfalcon! hope we get a LOT of echo DLC!)
Shadow-meh sonic edgelords love him he is cool & all but we should of got tails & knuckes instead or with him IMO but happy etherway
BANJO & KAZOOIE!!!!!-I can finally die happy THE BEST CHARACTER COMEBACK STORY IN ALL OF VIDEO GAMING HISTORY ! WELCOME BACK HOME! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NINTENDO YOU SEE THE DEMAND BUY THEM BACK DAMN IT! BUY RARE BACK! WE ALL WANT IT! NINTENDO LOST ITS BRITISH MADGIC BACK THEN GET. IT. BACK! THAT OR RARE, M$ STOP PLAYING PIRATE & RIPPING OFF WE SPORTS! DITCH THE CARS & DO SOMETHING! but even if they don't this is some good *** closure. thank you grintch, thank you daddy sakurai & MOST OF ALL THANK YOU PHIL! without his tweet fans would not of got out & voted & thank US ! <3

this post will look dumb if the leak is fake & banjo don't get in but oh well :/
the steve hate is just a meme B/C we went about a month of people saying steve is in hes more relevent/popular makes more sense banjo will probable be DLC to the point of of making people wana puke ! & anytime you wanted to disscus banjo was met with LOL NAH STEVE BRUH B/C they where sheep dumb enuff to beleve verge *Cough cough* GAMEXPLAIN ! (who still refuse to even talk about the leak )
no offense but is English your first language? Because every one of your posts reads like a 12 year old’s ramblings

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Sry for double post but,

Let's see, aside from the anxiety of seeing whether or not the Grinch Leak is real, the thing I'm most interested in is the full details of that green mode that was blurred out in the previous Smash Direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have to say, one thing most people here haven't considered:

Way back in the day, Banjo had only encountered Krunch, one of the Kremlings, in Diddy Kong Racing. If he is in here, he'll finally confront him for the first time…

:ultkrool:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
But that still doesn't make sense; if it were a huge reveal, you'd think that he'd want to save it for a Smash Direct where he can also about said character. Plus, again, there's only roughly a month left until the game releases; holding off on any base character reveals doesn't really do much of anything at this point, especially if the Grinch Leak turns out to be true.
Just wanted to add one more point to this real quick: this Direct has been confirmed by Nintendo of America to the FINAL SMASH DIRECT! There will not be ANY Smash-centric Directs between now and the release of the game, which further lends to all characters being revealed here, because back during E3 and even during the previous Smash Direct, there were still several months until the game's projected release, so it made sense that Sakurai was still keeping some things hidden. Now, however, we have not only the confirmed final Smash Direct, but we're now roughly a month before the game releases, so keeping anything else a secret after this upcoming Direct makes absolutely no sense.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I have to say, one thing most people here haven't considered:

Way back in the day, Banjo had only encountered Krunch, one of the Kremlings, in Diddy Kong Racing. If he is in here, he'll finally confront him for the first time…

:ultkrool:
Oh ho ho, that's very true! If the Grinch Leak is true, then I can't wait to see the dynamic duo duke it out with the almighty Kremling King!

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Came back to the forums after a long time just to say I really hope our Bird & Bird are back home. This Smash has brought a lot of surprises and warm feelings I thought I would never get from a video game again. If B&K are in it will be like going back in time when I got excited of the next awesome Rare game. After all this time... All the best for Thursday.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to add one more point to this real quick: this Direct has been confirmed by Nintendo of America to the FINAL SMASH DIRECT! There will not be ANY Smash-centric Directs between now and the release of the game, which further lends to all characters being revealed here, because back during E3 and even during the previous Smash Direct, there were still several months until the game's projected release, so it made sense that Sakurai was still keeping some things hidden. Now, however, we have not only the confirmed final Smash Direct, but we're now roughly a month before the game releases, so keeping anything else a secret after this upcoming Direct makes absolutely no sense.
Last Smash Direct doesn't mean last release of Smash information. Sakurai could make us question the Grinch leak by announcing all but one character and announce them at the game awards, for example. That would make people wonder about what's going on at least.

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
So one concern I keep hearing about is that there wouldn't be enough time to show off the characters in the Grinch Leak but I still think it's possible.
I've notice that all the unique 1st party character trailers just have the trailer that's it, no explanations about the character (King K. Rool, Ridey, Isabelle, Inkling) and are no more then 2 minutes long.
Meanwhile 3rd party characters like Simon and Richter get a trailer and in-depth look at there characters and stage which took about 7 minutes combined.
And finally echos seem to get about 30 seconds
So for the Grinch Leak we have 3 1st party characters, 2 3rd party characters, and 2 echos (potentially echos)
So we could be looking at most 21 minutes out the supposed 40 minutes of the direct showing the characters (I have a feeling it will be even less since Banjo and Geno wouldn't have an echo fighter to talk about or show in their trailer)
That can leave the other half of the direct talking about the story mode (which would take up most of the time), online, some game modes (game modes I imagine wouldn't take that long to talk about in the first place), items/assist trophies. and other small little details.

But this is all speculations and patterns aren't really a thing you should completely trust. I'm still hoping for the leak to be real.

Edit: One thing I forgot is that the tree house is going to be playing the game after the direct so the tree house could cover small details leaving even more time to concentrate on bigger things in the direct.

Last edited:
Top Bottom