• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really don’t see why Geno wouldn’t have the mushroom.
I've never been convinced Geno would have the Mushroom. If they have to get him from Square, it'd make sense that he not be *exactly* a Mario character. I'd actually buy a Mario RPG logo for that exact reason, or something. He's in such a bizarre situation that I could see a weird something like that happening.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've never been convinced Geno would have the Mushroom. If they have to get him from Square, it'd make sense that he not be *exactly* a Mario character. I'd actually buy a Mario RPG logo for that exact reason, or something. He's in such a bizarre situation that I could see a weird something like that happening.
I have the same thoughts dude.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Banjo is currently winning with 43%, Crash has 32%, Rayman 16% and Sora 9%
It seems like lately Banjo-Kazooie have been the most wanted 3rd party character in a lot of polls lately which is great to see, not to mention they have closer ties and meaning to Nintendo than the other 3 choices, Though I don't mind seeing Crash Bandicoot up so high either as he would probably be my 2nd 3rd party choice.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely of the mind that Geno would have his own series.

While Yoshi and Wario are for all intents and purposes Mario characters, they both have a separate series distinction in Smash due to their sub-series. While Geno doesn't have a sub-series, he is from a spin-off that has its own "universe" of unique characters per se, not to mention it being third-party.

That said, leak has been proven fake unfortunately. It was a great list of newcomers too, from Banjo and Geno to Golisopod, Isaac, and Chibi-Robo.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
There are some characters who franchise/series logo/icon are a mystery or what would you even use to represent it ? Luckily for Banjo-Kazooie the Jiggy is the simple and most obvious choice.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
People are just realizing that yeah, Banjo-Kazooie is a possible addition. I think the reason why they weren't higher before is just because people though that it was impossible.

StormC

Smash Hero
He’s a Mario character though. He has only appeared in two games, both of which being Mario. The ownership issue is entirely separate from the series he’s from.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
People are just realizing that yeah, Banjo-Kazooie is a possible addition. I think the reason why they weren't higher before is just because people though that it was impossible.
Absolutely. We got the surprise K. Rool reveal that kind of threw everyone's expectations in to overdrive.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I know it has been talked to death and even though I'm a big fan of Banjo-Kazooie, I honestly can't think of a more perfect candidates to join Smash, it's a crime that license issues are the only thing getting in the way, But everything about them oozes Smash and Nintendo, Their character designs, Their moveset, Their history, They literally check off every box when it comes to requirements for Smash. They are the most Nintendo-like characters that are not owned by Nintendo, even though it's in their DNA.

Last edited:

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Rare made the DKC games but they didn’t use a different logo for Diddy and K. Rool. I know it’s not the same exact situation but Geno is a Mario character at the end of the day. Yoshi and Wario started as Mario characters, yes. but they both went on to have their own series that don’t include Mario at all. Geno doesn’t have his own games or universe. He wasn’t even the star of Mario RPG, he was just a party member.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Probably Mad Monster Mansion, Gobi Desert, or Freezy Peak because they're the most nostalgic for me personally.
For me It would either be Gruntilda's lair, or Jinjo village. For reveal I would like to see the intro of the trailer start out playing the main banjo theme from the opening of banjo tooie. Then once the trailer switches to gameplay switch to the battle with grunty boss music, then as it goes to the smash poster/final clip (where it shows the smash ultimate name/logo) play the collect jiggy fanfare song.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Rare made the DKC games but they didn’t use a different logo for Diddy and K. Rool. I know it’s not the same exact situation but Geno is a Mario character at the end of the day. Yoshi and Wario started as Mario characters, yes. but they both went on to have their own series that don’t include Mario at all. Geno doesn’t have his own games or universe. He wasn’t even the star of Mario RPG, he was just a party member.
But Nintendo owns the whole series *and* Diddy and K. Rool. If they had to get the rights for them from Rare and they weren’t connected to anything but one game, they might have a different symbol.

Besides that, Square has literally always owned Geno, so it might be tricky just to slap Mario on it. It’s a weird situation.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
It surprises me that this thread is so much less active than the other frontrunners like Isaac, Skull Kid, and Geno. I guess to most people those characters feel far more likely. I'd be happy with their inclusion for sure but Banjo is the only one left that would make me go K. Rool levels of ballistic.

Whereas almost every other top character has some tweet, cloud, chair, or past interview that people have taken as hints, Banjo has yet to receive any of that. The closest thing they have is Verg's rumored Minecraft content, but that's a shot in the dark of also meaning Banjo. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I haven't been truly advocating for B-K the way I did K. Rool due to not wanting to get burned if they're not in. It's a defense mechanism and it's why I won't be disappointed if they don't make it, but over the moon if they do.

If they are in (and I'm otherwise thinking Geno for this), they will absolutely be the final character announced, so even if they are in I wouldn't hold my breath for when this next Direct finally comes out.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
According to Snake's voice actor he hasn't recorded any codecs yet and the game has already been rated by ESRB so it's unlikely that he will. It's time for Grunty's Rhymes!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
It surprises me that this thread is so much less active than the other frontrunners like Isaac, Skull Kid, and Geno. I guess to most people those characters feel far more likely. I'd be happy with their inclusion for sure but Banjo is the only one left that would make me go K. Rool levels of ballistic.

Whereas almost every other top character has some tweet, cloud, chair, or past interview that people have taken as hints, Banjo has yet to receive any of that. The closest thing they have is Verg's rumored Minecraft content, but that's a shot in the dark of also meaning Banjo. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I haven't been truly advocating for B-K the way I did K. Rool due to not wanting to get burned if they're not in. It's a defense mechanism and it's why I won't be disappointed if they don't make it, but over the moon if they do.

If they are in (and I'm otherwise thinking Geno for this), they will absolutely be the final character announced, so even if they are in I wouldn't hold my breath for when this next Direct finally comes out.
(this is ment kinda as a joke but still trying to stay optimistic)
I think most banjo fans at this point have been talking about it for so long or at least been around that by this point most of us ake a few posts and then dip to quietly wait on the side of the smash theatre for our bear and bird who has yet to come.

on a diff not here is a grunty rhyme "Now you've gone and joined smash! Now for me the others your heads they'll bash!"

Last edited:

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
According to Snake's voice actor he hasn't recorded any codecs yet and the game has already been rated by ESRB so it's unlikely that he will. It's time for Grunty's Rhymes!
Oh man if Grunty served as the codec/Palutena guidance of this game i’d be so happy. Idk if whoever wrote the original games still works at Rare. Also makes me wonder who wrote the Codecs in Brawl.

On a side note I wonder if Snake has any new lines or what. Because Kojima replaced Hayter as Big Boss in MGSV and I imagine if he was still at Konami he would’ve replaced his voice as Snake in Ultimate too.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I guess we are at the point that we've pretty much exhausted everything there is to say, Their chances, movesets, music, etc and that can only take us so far and are still waiting for the next big thing to really push them into higher speculation, by now everyone already knows about Phil Spencer and his OK, I think a lot of us are waiting to see if that rumor of minecraft content is in the game to confirm that Microsoft has been involved in some capacity, if that indeed comes to be true, everyone here would be on severely high alert.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
God I hope this becomes a thing.
This is the sort of thing I do on my Nintendo blog for fun all the time.

And I do the joke characters too...

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I think Banjo Kazooie can get in. If they are not in, it will most likely have something to do Nintendo not co-operating. As much as people hate Microsoft, they've seemed to have made more of an effort to work on Nintendo platforms as early as the Game Boy Colour. Things only soured cause of the licensing of Goldeneye.
Although I'm going to contradict myself. I think the lack of trust for Microsoft from Nintendo began in the NES days when Bill Gates wanted computer software to be protected from piracy and Nintendo wanted video games to be included. However, Bill Gates passed up on buying the Seattle Mariners and recommended them to Nintendo instead.

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
IF they are in (what i do hope) I'd actually see it as a last reveal Type Thing.
I just can't picture them revealing the most unsuspected Character before other more predictable ones are still to be shown.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
acording to snakes VA there not doing codec calls ! if banjo got in I would of loved for a banjo kazooie codec call :/

Also grunty rhymes would be great but dosn't she not rhyme in japan ?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Just wanna show my support for Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. I think they have more than enough moves to work perfectly in a Smash Bros. setting, and it'll be great if even just to see the two of them return on a newer Nintendo console/handheld like the Switch.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sorry if I miss any posts asking to join the support list, slip ups happen. Best bet is to like the OP so I get an alert and know to add you.
Just curious I am kinda new here what is the "support list"?
The list of users who support Banjo for Smash.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
We got Arby's and now Best Buy supporting us !!!
Best Buy really playing with my heart right now
Did y'all see this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BestBuy/status/1037730517494448128

Sorry if this is a repost. Please add me to the support list! I would love to have another childhood favorite to this already great game!
I feel the planets aligning as we speak. And GameStop will be selling the new Banjo-Kazooie plush in October? Either my tin foiled hat is on too tight or something really is going on with the Bear and Bird.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if gamestop is selling a banjo plush in october then maybe his revile will be in october ?

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
if gamestop is selling a banjo plush in october then maybe his revile will be in october ?
That's what I'm thinking. If I had to make a prediction I think we might have gotten Elma in the Sep 6 Direct since it came right after some Xenoblade news, or Shantae given how suspicious Wayforward's been acting, and in October Banjo could be revealed.

Of course, just because GameStop is selling stuff at the moment doesn't necessarily mean anything but there's always that possibility that it could.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
The design of the plush hasn't been revealed yet, but what if the plush's design will be based off of Banjo and Kazooie's look from Ultimate? Their look will most likely be from the N64 games but have some little influences from their Nuts & Bolts design such as Banjo's stitched clothing detail, and maybe Kazooie having the feather detail and feather mohawk.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I have full confidence Banjo will be trotted out for nostalgia money again at some point, not this year. But honestly I'm of the mindset that the series and characters didn't get a proper sendoff, and if Banjo & Kazooie were in Smash Ultimate, I would be happy. They could be immediately retired by Rare and never used in another game ever again and I will have felt they died with dignity and reverence in Smash. Though I'm sure most people want Smash and a proper 3rd game, I really am in the minority who feel Smash is somehow more important.

Top Bottom