• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While it sucks that the direct got delayed (Maybe until next week),But all that really matters is that our friends in Japan are ok, Remember if it wasn't for Nintendo and Japan, I don't think most of us would be gamers today.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Relatively certain Isaac is going to be revealed in the direct and he uses an earthquake move of some kind... plus there's been hints thrown out in Isaacs favor plus the whole Golden Sun seeming Tweet by Sakurai, I just wonder if we will see Skull Kid as well or just Isaac.

Which btw speaking of Isaac... if Isaac gets in I think that's a huge boon to Banjo's chances.. that clearly shows that Sakurai is targeting the top 20 characters or so of the ballot. He's also probably looking at characters that ranked well in multiple regions rather than just ranking well in one region overall. Here's a link to a chart we always referenced too over on the K. Rool thread it's a pretty handy chart that shows results from polls taken during the ballot and while not 100% accurate surely they hold some truth to them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#

Banjo is very high and easily the number one 3rd party in multiple regions. I was surprised to see him ranked so high in Japan.. this chart also has confirmed characters color coded to note their current status in Ultimate.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Relatively certain Isaac is going to be revealed in the direct and he uses an earthquake move of some kind... plus there's been hints thrown out in Isaacs favor plus the whole Golden Sun seeming Tweet by Sakurai, I just wonder if we will see Skull Kid as well or just Isaac.

Which btw speaking of Isaac... if Isaac gets in I think that's a huge boon to Banjo's chances.. that clearly shows that Sakurai is targeting the top 20 characters or so of the ballot. He's also probably looking at characters that ranked well in multiple regions rather than just ranking well in one region overall. Here's a link to a chart we always referenced too over on the K. Rool thread it's a pretty handy chart that shows results from polls taken during the ballot and while not 100% accurate surely they hold some truth to them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#

Banjo is very high and easily the number one 3rd party in multiple regions. I was surprised to see him ranked so high in Japan.. this chart also has confirmed characters color coded to note their current status in Ultimate.
They were most definitely gonna reveal someone last night cuz there's still nothing new on the blog, least nothing updated that I saw other than the Alolan Exeggutor on Wednesday. Unless they decided not to update because of the earthquake, I have no clue. But I'm relatively certain the reason it didn't update was because they were gonna showcase the newcomer, which more than likely was Issac. And if that's the case, then, like you said, Banjo & Kazooie won't be far behind! It's still amazing how many people want them in even after all these years! I'm so excited about this game and the hope it brings. Here's hoping everyone gets what they want!

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Make me wonder if there was going to be an Isaac reveal involving an earthquake?
Yeah I don't want to bring gaming discussion out of a tragedy like the one just happened in Japan, but ONE of the reasons they may have delayed the Direct may have been due to insensitive content like Serebii said.

If that is the case, and again sorry for speculating out of this, then I think they were gonna probably reveal Isaac using his terraforming powers. Then they would probably delay his release and show another character for this direct, which could mean any oter character even final reveals.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yeah I don't want to bring gaming discussion out of a tragedy like the one just happened in Japan, but ONE of the reasons they may have delayed the Direct may have been due to insensitive content like Serebii said.

If that is the case, and again sorry for speculating out of this, then I think they were gonna probably reveal Isaac using his terraforming powers. Then they would probably delay his release and show another character for this direct, which could mean any oter character even final reveals.
As long as they don't take him out entirely. Hopefully next direct will show either him or another really big reveal.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord

I absolutely agree. I think the delay is make a cinematic for another reveal.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
that would suck if they remove isaac from the game due to earthquake i doubt it tho BUT then again tekken removed there kangaroo character B/C of a video of a man punching a kangaroo in the face to save a dog to avoid "real world animal crulety" yet they keeped a bear in the game if i remember right ?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
They won't remove a character from a game especially when we are this close to launch, that would require the game to be delayed especially if it's a unique character from an unrepresented franchise

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
that would suck if they remove isaac from the game due to earthquake i doubt it tho BUT then again tekken removed there kangaroo character B/C of a video of a man punching a kangaroo in the face to save a dog to avoid "real world animal crulety" yet they keeped a bear in the game if i remember right ?
I think that was only for the american localization, but it happened. I don't think Sakurai would let hundreds, maybe thousands of man hours go to waste over the possibility of someone out there getting upset over an unintentional coincidence. Also, that would be a LOT of money to just flush down the drain, especially considering the amiibo money Nintendo always wants.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Decided to draw a picture of some of my most wanted newcomers for Smash.
I draw Banjo often, but never normally in a pose, and trying to copy off the First 4 figures statue did not turn out so well, but I still feel like sharing my work.

Behold the results of a lazy Friday

Smash Want Drawing Colour corrected.jpg

I would have included a few more, but some of them I couldn't think of ways to make them fly

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Decided to draw a picture of some of my most wanted newcomers for Smash.
I draw Banjo often, but never normally in a pose, and trying to copy off the First 4 figures statue did not turn out so well, but I still feel like sharing my work.

Behold the results of a lazy Friday

View attachment 162365

I would have included a few more, but some of them I couldn't think of ways to make them fly
Very nice selection here!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Some Banjo-Kazooie event matches I'd like to see:

The ULTIMATE Final Battle: Battle the biggest iconic names in video game history, Mario, Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud Strife, Bayonetta, Simon Belmont, Rayman, & Banjo & Kazooie on Final Destination!
All-Star Ultimate Newcomers: Choose your character as you battle the Ultimate newcomers, the Inklings, Daisy, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Issac, Dixie Kong, Isabelle, Shadow, Ken, Skull Kid, Geno, Paper Mario, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Rayman, & Banjo & Kazooie on Battlefield!
Beautiful Witch Battle: Battle Bayonetta atop Gruntilda's Tower and summon the Mighty Jinjonator to take her out on the Spiral Mountain stage (a reference to Gruntilda stealing Tooty's beauty, with Bayonetta being a 'beautiful' witch)!
Double Trouble Duos: With a co-op partner and choosing the characters of your choice, battle the double-teaming duos of the Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt, & Banjo & Kazooie on either the Summit, Mario Galaxy, Duck Hunt, or Spiral Mountain!
The Bear & Bird Battle: As Banjo & Kazooie, defeat all the Duck Hunt Duos running wild on Spiral Mountain before reaching the top of Gruntilda's Lair!
Sting & Swarm!: As Banjo & Kazooie, defend yourself against a hive of bees after you tried to steal their honey, fighting the likes of Pikachu, Ness, & Villager who wear their yellow and black alternate costumes/skins and throw beehives at you!

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Howdy, first post here. I've been lurking a while. Actually I lurk around these parts a lot during the time of an upcoming game and take off after, since the hype is great, but i'm not so good with the technical stuff that usually get discussed after.
Just wanted to say I'm a supporter.
I never had any hope for Banjo in the past, but recent developments and fellow fans have made me very hopeful, and I think Banjo is the only character left that I would lose my mind if he was revealed, every other character I can think of that I want would just get an enthusiastic "oh cool" from me, while Banjo would put my head in the clouds all day. Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie, and especially Banjo Tooie were some of my favorite N64 games. I was so bummed out when I learned their situation on the Gamecube, I actually bought new N64 earlier this year and got to play the games again after all these years and they still hold up imo, so I'm going to cross my fingers this time and hope Banjo and Kazooie can finally come home for a visit ( and maybe bring some friends to assist/hinder them )

If anything I really want Grant Kirkhope to get in on the soundtrack too.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
One of the things I definitely want if Banjo-Kazooie make it in is that we get a lot of BK music, including some remixes. I'd love to hear someone like Motoi Sakuraba or Yoko Shimomura try their own take on Grant Kirkhope's work. Or just have the man himself remix some of the music, that'd be awesome too.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Given how amazing his recent remastering of the DK Isle theme from DK64 turned out ( not to mention the few returning songs in Nuts and Bolts ) I definitely want him to remaster one or two BK themes for Smash. But I of course want some remixes from other artists too. Give me a Yoko Shimomura arrangement of the final Grunty Battle!

EDIT: Would be fun if Grant also did one of his Banjo Tooie styled "boss remixes" of a normally upbeat video game tune.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
One thing I could see happening is that maybe MAYBE they decide to show a different newcomer trailer and save Isaacs trailer for a later reveal down the road. I'm sure it would just be a matter of editing..

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I just realized that I wasn't on the supporters list yet. Add me please! I'm a huge Banjo-Kazooie fan and taught myself music theory through Grant Kirkhope's soundtracks. Honestly I was obsessed with his style and now he's ingrained into my piano playing.

I wrote this as a fan track a some years ago:

https://youtu.be/kikoH_bwSeg

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Very nice track! Definitely has a strong BK vibe. I especially like how it goes back and forth between feeling like a peaceful island and a potential volcano eruption. Well done.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Very nice track! Definitely has a strong BK vibe. I especially like how it goes back and forth between feeling like a peaceful island and a potential volcano eruption. Well done.
Thanks dude! Looking back I could've made it better. I always think about making more but never had the time.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think Nintendo will announce the direct date on monday scheduled for thursday.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
One thing I could see happening is that maybe MAYBE they decide to show a different newcomer trailer and save Isaacs trailer for a later reveal down the road. I'm sure it would just be a matter of editing..
This is probably unlikely because of all of the things they would have to change - blog schedule, fighter numbers, roster selection, the character poster...

Whatever we're getting we're getting, I think.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
I played the game with the bear and bird.
It was quite a blast! That's the word!
So I show support, just a bit.
To see the two in Smash Ultimate!

that was terrible im sorry

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Some Banjo-Kazooie event matches I'd like to see:

The ULTIMATE Final Battle: Battle the biggest iconic names in video game history, Mario, Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud Strife, Bayonetta, Simon Belmont, Rayman, & Banjo & Kazooie on Final Destination!
All-Star Ultimate Newcomers: Choose your character as you battle the Ultimate newcomers, the Inklings, Daisy, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Issac, Dixie Kong, Isabelle, Shadow, Ken, Skull Kid, Geno, Paper Mario, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Rayman, & Banjo & Kazooie on Battlefield!
Beautiful Witch Battle: Battle Bayonetta atop Gruntilda's Tower and summon the Mighty Jinjonator to take her out on the Spiral Mountain stage (a reference to Gruntilda stealing Tooty's beauty, with Bayonetta being a 'beautiful' witch)!
Double Trouble Duos: With a co-op partner and choosing the characters of your choice, battle the double-teaming duos of the Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt, & Banjo & Kazooie on either the Summit, Mario Galaxy, Duck Hunt, or Spiral Mountain!
The Bear & Bird Battle: As Banjo & Kazooie, defeat all the Duck Hunt Duos running wild on Spiral Mountain before reaching the top of Gruntilda's Lair!
Sting & Swarm!: As Banjo & Kazooie, defend yourself against a hive of bees after you tried to steal their honey, fighting the likes of Ness & Villager who wear their yellow and black alternate costumes/skins and throw beehives at you!
Imagine Gruntilda popping out every once and awhile to attack you or rhyme words at you.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
While we wait for more news, here's a poll I found.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The bandicoot is getting the better of us.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So this was shown in the Geno thread. Currently speculating the bottom right image is the RPG from SMRPG. Now that bottom left one...I mean...its clearly a Jiggy. Though, this one was paired with another pic that people are claiming fake. Soooooo IDK.

EDIT: Sorry I don't have a link to original, but OP didn't post it. So, be cautious and have salt on hand.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So this was shown in the Geno thread. Currently speculating the bottom right image is the RPG from SMRPG. Now that bottom left one...I mean...its clearly a Jiggy. Though, this one was paired with another pic that people are claiming fake. Soooooo IDK.

EDIT: Sorry I don't have a link to original, but OP didn't post it. So, be cautious and have salt on hand.
I think it's been confirmed fake.

Would have been cool if it was real though. I believe it came with another image that showed off franchise icons for Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun and Chibi Robo too.

Along with having Golisopod as a playable fighter.

Too good to be true I guess. :p

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think it's been confirmed fake.

Would have been cool if it was real though. I believe it came with another image that showed off franchise icons for Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun and Chibi Robo too.

Along with having Golisopod as a playable fighter.

Too good to be true I guess. :p
Yeah sadly. Though I didn't know how much I wanted Golisopod til now! Pokemon Villain!? (Sort of)
But sadly, tis fake.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Bit off topic but I just finished Yooka Laylee

For the most part I enjoyed it but it’s definitely got issues. I can forgive some of them because it was a crowdfunded indie game not a cutting edge (at the time) second party Nintendo-funded game like Banjo was. Hope they make a sequel and improve on the flaws because I can tell they really tried to recapture the magic here but just fell short.

Maybe i’m biased but I think the reviews were far too hard on it. I mean 2/10’s? that should be reserved for unplayable shovelware.

Top Bottom