• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I still believe if they were in, they will be the last characters revealed. Keeping my expectations in check.

If he is in, it would be nice if their trailer ended with Diddy hugging Banjo (with Kazooie gasping for air). The two friends haven't seen each other for a very long time. Maybe bring Wizpig as a boss character for that inevitable Diddy Kong Racing stage. ;)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still believe if they were in, they will be the last characters revealed. Keeping my expectations in check.
Same here. They're really the only characters I can think of topping King K. Rool and Ridley in terms of hype. Best to save them for last both Base and DLC wise. It's definitely something that Sakurai would do.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Same here. They're really the only characters I can think of topping King K. Rool and Ridley in terms of hype. Best to save them for last both Base and DLC wise. It's definitely something that Sakurai would do.
Is it? Sakurai has never really saved the best for last with Smash.

I think Banjo might appear tomorrow if they want to tie him in with an N64 Classic and try to prevent leaks. Otherwise he might be later.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman

I think Banjo might appear tomorrow if they want to tie him in with an N64 Classic and try to prevent leaks. Otherwise he might be later.
Yeah it's just another one of those patterns we in the Smash community like to make up. Still, every reveal this season seems designed for maximum hype, and they said that everyone will be revealed before launch. With those two things in mind, it would make sense to save a really exciting reveal for last, so that the last reveal we get isn't just an Ike clone or something. Personally I'd be over the moon if we got Banjo tomorrow, also December 7 isn't all that far away.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

I agree it would prob. be better for them to not save banjo for later and instead show him tomorrow to potentially generate more sales. Remember if Microsoft lets him be in the game they will want things to sell well so they can get their share in the profits.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Fair point but being this is based on the ballot on highly requested characters. I don't think its too far fetch and Sakurai will make an exception.

Alex_Demote

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking since the Ridley reveal so thought I should finally register.

I think it'll probably be a Pokemon tomorrow but my heart wants Rare Replay announced for Switch with Banjo as the new fighter reveal.

Sidenote, does anyone think we'll get a demo, maybe for people who sign up for the service, and/or timed like the Octopath demo?

D

Deleted member

I've been lurking since the Ridley reveal so thought I should finally register.

I think it'll probably be a Pokemon tomorrow but my heart wants Rare Replay announced for Switch with Banjo as the new fighter reveal.

Sidenote, does anyone think we'll get a demo, maybe for people who sign up for the service, and/or timed like the Octopath demo?
Well, welcome officially. And, I'd like to think no to avoid dataminers. Since you can find just about anything for having your hands on things.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I mean this is Ultimate, There's always the chance he those things differently for this occasion and it would make more sense to save the most hype and surprising newcomer for last, As much as I would like the N64 Classic right now, I personally don't think it gets announced until next year since the NES just came back in june and SNES is still on the market since last year and Nintendo said that they will sell them until the end of this year, If I were them I would hold off until next year so it doesn't oversarurate the market right now, so it can have more room to breath, but who knows.

Alex_Demote

Smash Rookie
Well, welcome officially. And, I'd like to think no to avoid dataminers. Since you can find just about anything for having your hands on things.
Good point about data mining, forgot that was a roadblock. I'm excited about the demo coming to some Best Buy locations at least, somehow Denver made it on the list over other larger cities so I'll have to check that out

D

Deleted member

Good point about data mining, forgot that was a roadblock. I'm excited about the demo coming to some Best Buy locations at least, somehow Denver made it on the list over other larger cities so I'll have to check that out
That's nice, closest for me is NY and that's pretty far. But no doubt go try it. I'll be playing in spirit :laugh:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd absolutely lose my mind if the bear and bird came back for Smash Ultimate. After recent comments by Rare and Microsoft, I think it's actually possible.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Well, due to a terrible earthquake in Japan, the Direct has been delayed. I hope everyone affected is okay, and that the death count (currently 4, I believe) stays low.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by the delay; the 6th is my brother's birthday so him probably even moreso. But the #1 priority of course is the safety of those people in Hokkaido.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Well, due to a terrible earthquake in Japan, the Direct has been delayed. I hope everyone affected is okay, and that the death count (currently 4, I believe) stays low.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by the delay; the 6th is my brother's birthday so him probably even moreso. But the #1 priority of course is the safety of those people in Hokkaido.
Yeah I was already Hyped for the Direct but it is totally understandable. Let's hope there wont be any Tsunami alerts.

I think we will have the Direct before Friday of the next week.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
damn that sucks japan has been getting f@*#ed by weather latly oh well we will just have to wait

hope there safe, stay safe daddy sakurai !

StormC

Smash Hero
damn that sucks japan has been getting f@*#ed by weather latly oh well we will just have to wait

hope there safe, stay safe daddy sakurai !
Everyone at Nintendo is safe. The problem is the 5 million people without power.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
As long as people are safe and they can get services back online, that’s all that matters! At least we know a Direct is coming. Maybe it’ll be next week instead! Hopefully around the same time cuz if it’s at 6:00 pm EST I’ll be off of work and heading into the weekend anyway! So that’d work better for me anyway ^^

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Since it's required for every newcomer to kill a vet when they make it now, I propose Banjo and Kazooie kill Bayonetta. Old habits die hard eh?

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
If they do get in, what design do you guys hope they use? I'm pretty sure most of us want the classic N64 look, but I'm sort of worried they might go for the more blocky Nuts and Bolts design if Microsoft wills it.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If Pac-man is any indication is that Sakurai's team goes with the classic and more popular design of a character that fans associate them with more and gives it a modern facelift, It all really comes down to how Microsoft wants Banjo and Kazooie to look and be represented in Smash ,But I'm very confident that they would trust Sakurai's team in being faithful to the duo and going with a modern take on their classic N64 look.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If they do get in, what design do you guys hope they use? I'm pretty sure most of us want the classic N64 look, but I'm sort of worried they might go for the more blocky Nuts and Bolts design if Microsoft wills it.
Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, & Simon Belmont all have their classic looks modernized and updated, I have no fear that if they do get in, it will be the classic N64 appearance with some Nuts n' Bolts and more modernized flourishes like accentuated fur and feathers and maybe some stitching on Banjo's backpack and pants. :)

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Since it's required for every newcomer to kill a vet when they make it now, I propose Banjo and Kazooie kill Bayonetta. Old habits die hard eh?
Luckily the Belmonts are here in time to take care of this evil hairy monster.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
If Pac-man is any indication is that Sakurai's team goes with the classic and more popular design of a character that fans associate them with more and gives it a modern facelift, It all really comes down to how Microsoft wants Banjo and Kazooie to look and be represented in Smash ,But I'm very confident that they would trust Sakurai's team in being faithful to the duo and going with a modern take on their classic N64 look.
Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, & Simon Belmont all have their classic looks modernized and updated, I have no fear that if they do get in, it will be the classic N64 appearance with some Nuts n' Bolts and more modernized flourishes like accentuated fur and feathers and maybe some stitching on Banjo's backpack and pants. :)
My thoughts exactly. Sakurai would definitely go for the most iconic version of them which is their N64 design. with some modern tweaks and flourishes.
probably something a lot like this image

Some stitches on Banjo's Backpack and shorts, and the thing on Kazooie's head looking more like feathers. and more detailed fur and feather textures. Banjo's snout won't be a loaf of bread, and Kazooie won't look like ... whatever words you want to use to describe her Nuts and Bolts design... They'll be bright, colourful, cartoony and look like they belong next to Diddy and DK

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
My thoughts exactly. Sakurai would definitely go for the most iconic version of them which is their N64 design. with some modern tweaks and flourishes.
probably something a lot like this image

Some stitches on Banjo's Backpack and shorts, and the thing on Kazooie's head looking more like feathers. and more detailed fur and feather textures. Banjo's snout won't be a loaf of bread, and Kazooie won't look like ... whatever words you want to use to describe her Nuts and Bolts design... They'll be bright, colourful, cartoony and look like they belong next to Diddy and DK
I really love this art of the Bear and Bird, a lot more than the Smashified one (no disrespect to Artsy's version). About Kazooie's N&B design, while Kazooie's classic design is always great I actually prefer her N&B one. There's something about her design that makes her look more intimidating/meaner in contrast to her ability to roast and trash talk without sympathy. Plus I dig the feather looking mohawk.

Banjo's design is pretty much like you said, a loaf of bread. And his smaller eyes that are separated from each other are pretty off putting.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
To Smash/Nintendo fans, for sure.
But to general gaming fans? I think Cloud still goes unmatched.

Reveals are about shock, it's the nature of the game.
This can be done in both quantity and quality (quality being quality of how much it is a shock, not quality of the character).

I expect the "last reveal" to not be just a single reveal. And also, for at least one of those to not be Nintendo-owned.

Banjo Kazooie really is one of the perfect candidates for a late reveal.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
so if this direct had info on the payed online dose that mean they will delay the payed online by a week or too as well ???

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
so if this direct had info on the payed online dose that mean they will delay the payed online by a week or too as well ???
Doubtful, the online service starts near the end of the month, if the direct details any of the service, it'll be well before then. I'm sure the direct will air next week or shortly after and still give us time to learn more about the online service.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
K. Rool has his classic design, so I'm sure pretty Banjo-Kazooie will have their N64 design if they get in.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Banjo has the popularity and Microsoft’s approval, just seems like they are a likely candidate

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Aww no direct today :/
The people of Japan are dealing with a lot on their plate right now with the earthquake. We'll get a direct soon enough, it's only been delayed. I'm hoping everyone can understand. It's disappointing but more important things need to be taken care of, I personally am grateful Nintendo is big enough to respect those in need and hold off on something like the Direct til things are okay with their country.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
yeah Nintendo always helps out when a natural disaster stikes japan guess we just have to wait & hope for the best

Top Bottom